BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 111 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"You don't need grades, you need to pass a simple test and Cham has 450 boys per grade to select from."

There is no passing or failing the test. Generally speaking, you need to get one of the top scores on a test taken by hundreds and hundreds of boys in order to get into the school.

In recent years, I know eight boys who left Chaminade or Anthony's after their freshman year because of lack of playing time. Every single player who left made varsity at their public high school as sophs and received substantial playing time.

They accept to 15-20%.
Not a "simple" exam.

some students leave Cham (were asked to leave/expelled) not for lack of PT but because of discipline issues.

Lastly, one student left public joined St A for better spot.
that is not the case for Cham.

You sure about your math? If they only accept 20% and there are 500 boys per grade are you saying that 2500 boys apply each year? Seems high

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You don't need grades, you need to pass a simple test and Cham has 450 boys per grade to select from."

There is no passing or failing the test. Generally speaking, you need to get one of the top scores on a test taken by hundreds and hundreds of boys in order to get into the school.

In recent years, I know eight boys who left Chaminade or Anthony's after their freshman year because of lack of playing time. Every single player who left made varsity at their public high school as sophs and received substantial playing time.

They accept to 15-20%.
Not a "simple" exam.

some students leave Cham (were asked to leave/expelled) not for lack of PT but because of discipline issues.

You sure about your math? If they only accept 20% and there are 500 boys per grade are you saying that 2500 boys apply each year? Seems high

Yep. That's correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They accept to 15-20%.
Not a "simple" exam.

Yep. That's correct.

They have up 4000 boys signup and take the test, that is for all the Catholics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hows Chammy Jv squad? the rising sophs gonna put /keep them back at the top next year (varsity)?

They are a very good group of players, very deep team. There are currently 8 starters that have a verbal to D1 schools.

What schools?
Harvard
Duke
Air Force
Fairfield
what others?

A few other great school's (academics and lacrosse) not my kids so not my place to say but all the team knows which.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They accept to 15-20%.
Not a "simple" exam.

Yep. That's correct.

They have up 4000 boys signup and take the test, that is for all the Catholics

Why do you people constantly have to say how great Chaminade is academically? If it was so great you wouldn't need to constantly promote it, let it stand on its own laurels if its so great.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it will be explained when you work for a chaminade grad someday...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're beautiful, just confirmed my point exactly. I've been working on Wall Street for 20 years and never worked for a Chaminade grad, but I often hear that line...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Google is your friend,

Average Chaminade SAT scores
Garden City SAT Scores
Jericho SAT Scores
Carey High school SAT scores
Bellmore
Massapequa
Wantagh
Considering the publics have to educate the masses, can't kick anyone out for poor grades, the overall difference in scores, is not too impressive at all. In fact kind of surprising they were what they were.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Google is your friend,

Garden City SAT Scores
Jericho SAT Scores
Bellmore
Massapequa
Wantagh
Considering the publics have to educate the masses, can't kick anyone out for poor grades, the overall difference in scores, is not too impressive at all. In fact kind of surprising they were what they were.

Chaminade parents insecure that the real prestigious catholic high school is Regis...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're beautiful, just confirmed my point exactly. I've been working on Wall Street for 20 years and never worked for a Chaminade grad, but I often hear that line...

The Verizon tech that came to my house was a Chaminade grad. How do I know? He commented on the lax goal and wall on my front lawn and offered that he played lacrosse at Chaminade. Asked where my kids go.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Google is your friend,

Garden City SAT Scores
Jericho SAT Scores
Bellmore
Massapequa
Wantagh

Chaminade parents insecure that the real prestigious catholic high school is Regis...

Apples and organges.....Regis is clearly better academically but is much smaller, in NYC and has very little in the way of sports (no lax or football). There have been kids who got into Regis but opted for Chaminade because they wanted to play sports and didn't want to commute to the Upper East Side every day. But, you are 100% right....Regis is stronger academically than Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Google is your friend,

Garden City SAT Scores
Jericho SAT Scores
Bellmore
Massapequa
Wantagh

Great, another great school!

Instead of complaining/bashing on a Chaminade thread, why not start a new thread on how excellent your education system is and how beneficial it is to your children.

Be thankful for the publics helping the "masses" become employable and good citizens. That's what you and I are paying for. The fact that we made a decision to send our kids to Catholic school, means that more of MY tax dollars are spent on public school kids (not mine). This is still good for my community.

I live in an excellent school district and my kids and I still wanted the Chaminade experience. There are however some great students in our home High School.

It is simple, the top 20% students at any school can compete with those at any other school.

The only tidbit to understand is: yes, the pool of students at Chaminade is the top 20% of the boys that took the entrance exam. This is a good indicator of their ability to succeed there.

In almost all cases faith will be a driving factor. Not everyone accepted will choose to go. Some won't like the structure, discipline, or the work load and will leave. Some will struggle. It is a college preparatory school. 398/399 went to college last September.

If the Chaminade deal is not for you or your kid (for whatever reason), that is fine. If the public deal is not for the rest of us, that should be fine too.

Let it go, dude!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Google is your friend,

Garden City SAT Scores
Jericho SAT Scores
Bellmore
Massapequa
Wantagh

Apples and organges.....Regis is clearly better academically but is much smaller, in NYC and has very little in the way of sports (no lax or football). There have been kids who got into Regis but opted for Chaminade because they wanted to play sports and didn't want to commute to the Upper East Side every day. But, you are 100% right....Regis is stronger academically than Chaminade.

And it is FREE!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds to me like somebody didn't get into Chaminade and is a little bitter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was saying to a Chammi grad (who did not like his experience) that I was generally impressed by most of the grads I had met in college, through work, or where I live and their general success. He replied, "you'be been through 3 layers of screens--ivy, wall st, an expensive town, I'll show you the other 300 grads from class you are toiling on the other side of the tracks." The individual will determine his or her success, not the institution. Pros and cons to good public, private or catholic educations. Have a great weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was saying to a Chammi grad (who did not like his experience) that I was generally impressed by most of the grads I had met in college, through work, or where I live and their general success. He replied, "you'be been through 3 layers of screens--ivy, wall st, an expensive town, I'll show you the other 300 grads from class you are toiling on the other side of the tracks." The individual will determine his or her success, not the institution. Pros and cons to good public, private or catholic educations. Have a great weekend.

Nonsense, I've know a few and they are all very successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I actually think the economic diversity within the Chaminade student body and alumni is healthy and nothing to be ashamed about. Yes, you have sons of hedge fund managers going to school with sons of sanitation workers. And yes, many graduates opt not for Wall St but rather to run their own small business, join the military, law enforcement, etc. Believe me, most kids there are not targeting Ivy League schools (which hate conservative Chaminade) and many are more interested in SUNY schools because they don't have money to burn. Sorry, but I don't see that as a bad thing. It is a very good high school populated by all walks of people. Those who constantly come on here and suggest it is a fancy pants, rich boy school don't know what they are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Chaminade is made up of kids from all over and parents from all different occupations and economic makeups. But isn't about giving your child a shot at a better chance than what you had if possible. A Dad that has worked in the trenches all his life is not saying hey son I want you to have to do what I did for 35 years. You always want better and Chaminade is one of those chances.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Verizon tech that came to my house was a Chaminade grad. How do I know? He commented on the lax goal and wall on my front lawn and offered that he played lacrosse at Chaminade. Asked where my kids go.

I hope you are not disparaging a man and his profession.

Your comment seems to indicate that is not a worthwhile career While chaminade has its fair share of white collar professionals and acdemics; it also has a fair share of blue collar guys, FDNY, NYPD, service men, et al. While I"m at it, Cham has war heros, medal of honor winners too.

That would be funny if you chose to passive aggressively throw a jab at a Verizon guy, because we can then go down the road of all the elite top 10 collegiate lax grads that are working at sports hub or giving lax lessons to tiny tots.

By the way, I'm gonna bet that the chaminad grad leaves you a nice tip every time you wash his car.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your comment seems to indicate that is not a worthwhile career While chaminade has its fair share of white collar professionals and acdemics; it also has a fair share of blue collar guys, FDNY, NYPD, service men, et al. While I"m at it, Cham has war heros, medal of honor winners too.

That would be funny if you chose to passive aggressively throw a jab at a Verizon guy, because we can then go down the road of all the elite top 10 collegiate lax grads that are working at sports hub or giving lax lessons to tiny tots.

By the way, I'm gonna bet that the chaminad grad leaves you a nice tip every time you wash his car.

Or maybe I'm giving him a tip to train my kid cause he can't find a reAL job.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

All participants in this conversation are ridiculous. This is a lacrosse thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

All participants in this conversation are ridiculous. This is a lacrosse thread.

I agree. Is this really adults???? You should be embarrassed for these comments. Clearly no matter were you graduated from you are not happy with your self's to make these comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Verizon tech that came to my house was a Chaminade grad. How do I know? He commented on the lax goal and wall on my front lawn and offered that he played lacrosse at Chaminade. Asked where my kids go. [/quote]

[/quote]

Or maybe I'm giving him a tip to train my kid cause he can't find a reAL job. [/quote]

All participants in this conversation are ridiculous. This is a lacrosse thread. [/quote]

I agree. Is this really adults???? You should be embarrassed for these comments. Clearly no matter were you graduated from you are not happy with your self's to make these comments.

[/quote]

Maybe one should look at the very first post on this thread...you were warned with the word enjoy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lmao came on here to read some good lax. nothing for more than three pages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
chammi tools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's light another match here . Many talented boys but your chance of making the team is partly political and also depends on what travel team your from . oh that's politics too sorry ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's light another match here . Many talented boys but your chance of making the team is partly political and also depends on what travel team your from . oh that's politics too sorry ....

like most every other school on LI. Travel Lacrosse has put a stench on HS teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's light another match here . Many talented boys but your chance of making the team is partly political and also depends on what travel team your from . oh that's politics too sorry ...

Yes. This only happens at Chaminade. Doesn't happen anywhere else including public schools. Must be the snobby Cham dads with their bright red attire that the public school guys like so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only reason you would take the comment as disparaging is if you felt it wasn't a worthy profession. No one should ever judge a person by the honest profession they choose.

The comment was in response to the hubris expressed by some here who think that Chaminade is the ticket to "master of the universe" status. Disparaging are those who say that a Chaminade education is superior to a public one.

Success is defined in many different ways. Thankfully, we live in a country that provides the opportunity for hard working and smart people to achieve economic success, no matter who they are or where they graduated from.

How about some lacrosse talk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not saying that politics aren't a factor but I now first hand that the "right" club team does not guarantee you a spot on team and the "wrong" club team does not exclude you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Chaminade seniors are at the Mineola LIRR station every morning, ready to shine the shoes of the Regis freshman making their way into Manhattan. It's tradition!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you entertain such ridiculous posts? Is that really a lacrosse related post? What has happened to be civil?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was funny... and I am a Cham Grad and have 2 sons there.

no harm no foul

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Chaminade seniors are at the Mineola LIRR station every morning, ready to shine the shoes of the Regis freshman making their way into Manhattan. It's tradition!

Shine this!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And when the Regis guys get in to Penn, they set up their own shine box to take care of the Exeter lax guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shine this!

"In case you haven't heard I don't shine shoes no more!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for chaminade guys it's called job training

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go away already......spew your hate elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
for chaminade guys it's called job training

Alright enough. This is no longer humorous. Move along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is everyone?

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 111 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled