BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Re: Boys 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is st. John the baptist.

Education
Lax

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Education
Lax
SJB education is second to none. I have a kid there that plays varsity lax. Because of the way the diocesan high schools are set up the will never be able to compete with St A. or Cham. an lax. Great academics, send your kid if you can. he can make up the recruiting in the summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is St. A's academically?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you mean they will not compete against st a and 'nade.

Why couldn't they play a game against them.

What are the costs of

St JB
St A
'Nade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is St. A's academically?
Not as good and there can be up to 200 kids at try outs

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone The Dads name who brought the talent from hills 91 to express orange, his kid is the only one who doesnt belong at this level, I find it amazing how some parents feel my kid plays on the best team this makes him the best player around, I don't think colleges give scholarships to players who's parent's kiss butt, High scholl is coming your manipulation game is over lets see how your kid does LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone The Dads name who brought the talent from hills 91 to express orange, his kid is the only one who doesnt belong at this level, I find it amazing how some parents feel my kid plays on the best team this makes him the best player around, I don't think colleges give scholarships to players who's parent's kiss butt, High scholl is coming your manipulation game is over lets see how your kid does LMAO
Wow such anger on LI. Im sure you guys have a great time while on travel tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Education
Lax
SJB education is second to none. I have a kid there that plays varsity lax. Because of the way the diocesan high schools are set up the will never be able to compete with St A. or Cham. an lax. Great academics, send your kid if you can. he can make up the recruiting in the summer

What is it about "the way the diocesan high schools are set up" that SJB could never compete with St. A or Cham? I'm new to the Catholic school scene. Please shed some more light on why the setup makes it so that the duopoly of St A's and Chaminade can't be broken into. You can have an army standing on the sidelines but the reality is you only need 15 really good ones to compete in HS where subs are rarely made except at middie. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Education
Lax

What is it about "the way the diocesan high schools are set up" that SJB could never compete with St. A or Cham? I'm new to the Catholic school scene. Please shed some more light on why the setup makes it so that the duopoly of St A's and Chaminade can't be broken into. You can have an army standing on the sidelines but the reality is you only need 15 really good ones to compete in HS where subs are rarely made except at middie. Thanks.
If you have never been to St A. OR Cham. You should visit. Truly the most amazing commitment to athletics. St.A . Has a gym that is easily 3/5th of the school, and Cham.'s new complex is amazing. both with world class training facilities. Cham. has also been the hallmark for finer education (if your kid can get in, very high standards). With that being said, they are both independently run (not by the Diocese of Rockville center). where as SJB and Holy Trinity are. Suffice it to say that SJB and HT are traditional catholic schools. Now with that being said, being independent they are free to higher any coach the please, and put tuition monies to use in any way they see fit. SJB and HT must ask to diocese, and they put a much higher standard on academics.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of parents would prefer to see their kid stand on the sideline at Chaminade than start for 4 years at a public. The alumni network is a who's-who in the corporate world and they bend over backwards to help younger alums. Its a 40 year decision, not a lax decision. If you have a kid that can get in you are crazy not to have him go. That would be like turning your back on an Ivy. Also, a borderline kid at a public is not getting into an Ivy but a borderline kid from Chaminade very well could.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk about beating a dead horse. Let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's sad that it comes down to who you know and not how well you perform in everything you do. Really hurts a lot of kids!!! Why not teach kids the right thing, to work hard instead of always having parents weaseling to make the "right connections". Much better to help kids learn perserverance and to work hard than to know "who's-who in the corporate world" or any world for that matter. Very sad that every move is so calculated in many parents. Just enjoy life and teach our young what is right.....WORK FOR IT!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Education
Lax

If you have never been to St A. OR Cham. You should visit. Truly the most amazing commitment to athletics. St.A . Has a gym that is easily 3/5th of the school, and Cham.'s new complex is amazing. both with world class training facilities. Cham. has also been the hallmark for finer education (if your kid can get in, very high standards). With that being said, they are both independently run (not by the Diocese of Rockville center). where as SJB and Holy Trinity are. Suffice it to say that SJB and HT are traditional catholic schools. Now with that being said, being independent they are free to higher any coach the please, and put tuition monies to use in any way they see fit. SJB and HT must ask to diocese, and they put a much higher standard on academics.
I know this is a boys thread , but the topic surfaced so Let me put my 2 cents in about the girls team. Coached by a former Adelphi player, and current L.I.Wave coach, and that is clearly where her localities are. She has 5 or six players from the wave on the team and they play all the time. If your kid doesn't want to play at Adelphi or on the Wave she will be shunned. She does not know how to teach a girl to defend. Worst of al,l all she does is yell at the girls, and after a loss this year at Kellenberg she made her team line up on the field and run sprints on the opposing teams field in front of everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Agree 110% Hard work pay's BS doesn't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's sad that it comes down to who you know and not how well you perform in everything you do. Really hurts a lot of kids!!! Why not teach kids the right thing, to work hard instead of always having parents weaseling to make the "right connections". Much better to help kids learn perserverance and to work hard than to know "who's-who in the corporate world" or any world for that matter. Very sad that every move is so calculated in many parents. Just enjoy life and teach our young what is right.....WORK FOR IT!!!

Thankfully I've seen that the manipulation ends on the high school team (club teams will alway be prone to it) - if anything it backfires and sets a kid back in the high school program. The JV and varsity coaches in our school don't want to hear the opinions of the parents and have written emails to all the parents not to even try. They are very aware of who the manipulators are (their reputations are not a well kept secret, especially if they've had an older kid go through the program) and have called out several of them in a fairly public way. You don't want to be on the wrong side of that conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thankfully I've seen that the manipulation ends on the high school team (club teams will alway be prone to it) - if anything it backfires and sets a kid back in the high school program. The JV and varsity coaches in our school don't want to hear the opinions of the parents and have written emails to all the parents not to even try. They are very aware of who the manipulators are (their reputations are not a well kept secret, especially if they've had an older kid go through the program) and have called out several of them in a fairly public way. You don't want to be on the wrong side of that conversation.

I believe what you're saying is true in the public schools for sure... I can only go by what I've heard, but the political BS is worse in the catholic school, than even the club teams. Now you're dealing with big money donors and alumni relationships. A very powerfull thing to overcome. However, if your son is a true super star, you're set. Everyone wants to win!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the exception of the crabs in the 5 spot (should be 1 or 2) these rankings aren't bad. Take the Crabs out and for long island teams it is accurate. Express is just an all star team, fl$ is very chippy, small but tough great D and goalie, 91 is very solid with some new good players and the Outlaws can beat any of above although they are weaker than last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Rankings:
1.Express Orange (cudas)
2.fl$ (very solid scrappy team)
3.91 orange (raiders)
4.Outlaws
5.Crabs they will get pumbled by the strong long island teams. They will not be able to match up with the physicality of the 'cudas or 91 raiders
Should be a great summer.

With the exception of the crabs in the 5 spot (should be 1 or 2) these rankings aren't bad. Take the Crabs out and for long island teams it is accurate. Express is just an all star team so many weapons on offense, fl$ is very chippy, small but tough great D and goalie, 91 is very solid with some new good players and the Outlaws can beat any of above although they are weaker than last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My sons team(Lofng Island Pride) has recently played 2 great lacrosse teams. Tenetious Turtles and 91 orange. Long Island Pride is a powerhouse orginization and i know the owner. He is a class act even when the pride rocked to amazing teams both games by about 7 goals. GO PRIDE!!! #1 2016 team!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIP, hope you didn't hurt yourself too hard patting yourself on the back? Turtles are 2017, not 2016.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Pride 2016 is a B TEAM at best. They would get crushed by any team on that list.
fl$ does not belong on that list. They are not nearly as talented as they were last year. Team Long Island should be on that list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the exception of the crabs in the 5 spot (should be 1 or 2) these rankings aren't bad. Take the Crabs out and for long island teams it is accurate. Express is just an all star team, fl$ is very chippy, small but tough great D and goalie, 91 is very solid with some new good players and the Outlaws can beat any of above although they are weaker than last year

You're way over estimatating fl$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs have their hands full before they even begin to start thinking about where they stand vs the LI teams. They are the #2 seed in the NPYLL playoffs next weekend behind Club Blue, to whom the Crabs lost. Crabs play Next Level, whom they beat by four goals last weekend, next SAT in the semis, and then (if they win), they play the winner of Club Blue and Annapolis Hawks in the other semi. Crabs will certainly be out for revenge. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My sons team(Lofng Island Pride) has recently played 2 great lacrosse teams. Tenetious Turtles and 91 orange. Long Island Pride is a powerhouse orginization and i know the owner. He is a class act even when the pride rocked to amazing teams both games by about 7 goals. GO PRIDE!!! #1 2016 team!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

You should be more concenred with getting your GED than lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Outlaws beat fl$ last week, Will be better this year
Still Express is 1st till some one beats. 91 and outlaws 2-3 then all the rest. NO ONE ELSE ON ISLAND CLOSE TO THESE 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When did Pride play the Turtles? Wasn't last year and certainly was not this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 Rankings:
1.Express Orange (cudas)
2.fl$ (very solid scrappy team)
3.91 orange (raiders)
4.Outlaws
5.Crabs they will get pumbled by the strong long island teams. They will not be able to match up with the physicality of the 'cudas or 91 raiders
Should be a great summer.

There are many Mid-Atlantic teams, including the Crabs, that should be in front of most, if not all, the teams on this list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band
Outlaws beat fl$ last week, Will be better this year
Still Express is 1st till some one beats. 91 and outlaws 2-3 then all the rest. NO ONE ELSE ON ISLAND CLOSE TO THESE 3

Just curious why the express has an automatic #1 ranking over the rest of the island? Not sure who've they played this spring other than off LI teams. Just because they've decide to play nonLI teams doesn't mean they are better than them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat the best team in strong island twice this year LI express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so what's your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs didnt get pumbled by any LI team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs didnt get pumbled by any LI team

But they will because the LI teams are older

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our 15 yr olds can beat your 15 yr olds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When did Pride play the Turtles? Wasn't last year and certainly was not this year.

Not sure if and when they played these teams- but I saw the 8th grade team play one day and they are beasts! Talk about some big players with talent. I wondered why they are not talked about more. Do they play in a different division than other big name teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if and when they played these teams- but I saw the 8th grade team play one day and they are beasts! Talk about some big players with talent. I wondered why they are not talked about more. Do they play in a different division than other big name teams?

Are you talking about the Pride? They do not have the talent to match up with with Express, Outlaws and 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crabs beat you twice this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no express parent is talking trash about the crabs. They are are great team and the coming years should be fun to watch. They have our respect

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no express parent is talking trash about the crabs. They are are great team and the coming years should be fun to watch. They have our respect

Why no Express 2016 Orange at the NSCLA club championship in Delaware? Crabs are dominating and every other big time club team is here. Where are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why no Express 2016 Orange at the NSCLA club championship in Delaware? Crabs are dominating and every other big time club team is here. Where are you?

Crabs would not be dominating if express was there. See you soon.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard