BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am completely at a loss as to why all these parents think CR has any real ability to influence anything and why they throw money at her as if it is the only way for their daughters to advance in lacrosse. Here are some realities:

The coaching at YJ is no better, often times worse, than coaching at other clubs.

The reason YJ is good is because on LI many of the better athletes choose lacrosse from an early age, whereas in other parts of the country, they choose other sports. And YJ had a first mover advantage in establishing its brand. Does anyone really think all these great players come out of the program because of the program/coaching?

It is quite simple to have your daughter recruited to the places she would like to go as long as she is qualified athletically and academically. The CRs of the world would like you all to think otherwise. It's like real estate or buying a car these days w the internet and resources like edmunds or zillow. There are plenty of sources of information and avenues to access the necessary tools and relationships.

So while CR and her ilk want everyone to continue to believe that she is some kind of gatekeeper with power and influence, you all can happily ignore if you like. If, instead, you want to pay her gobs of money, your choice. Just don't be fooled into thinking you have to.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And why do you care so much to write a novel about YJ and CR.... If you don't like it, don't play there. When you write a novel you expose your insecurity. The real question for most of you who complain is why do you feel the need to come on here and EXPLAIN, DEFEND and ATTACK why you are NOT doing YJ. Whether it's the money, the coaches, the program, the parents... blah blah blah- Just don't do it. When you blab on here it exposes you are INSECURE bout not plying there by being so defensive. Not for anything - no one really cares.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And why do you care so much to write a novel about YJ and CR.... If you don't like it, don't play there. When you write a novel you expose your insecurity. The real question for most of you who complain is why do you feel the need to come on here and EXPLAIN, DEFEND and ATTACK why you are NOT doing YJ. Whether it's the money, the coaches, the program, the parents... blah blah blah- Just don't do it. When you blab on here it exposes you are INSECURE bout not plying there by being so defensive. Not for anything - no one really cares.

I don't see it as being insecure, I see it as speaking the truth and maybe letting others know what goes on behind the scenes.

User
User

Trust me "anonymous" poster. Plenty of people care.

The posters who voice there opinions about the issues they feel important may help the new parents decide to stay away from this club. Maybe the massive politics and what many feel is an incredible money grab may steer some away. Maybe people will realize they don't need to pay so much money to help their kid grow as a player and young woman. Maybe just maybe they are trying to change a culture of political favoritism and exploitation built on fear of retribution. If it helps even one kid then it's worth it.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are??!! Who is the one writing this?????? Look in the mirror

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know when the practices are and who the coaches are... Man up and speak your mind. Stop hiding behind a keyboard!!! Shame on you , who is the coward now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sooooo G8 so far......?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! The G8 was a nice weekend of lacrosse. M&D finished 5-0, then Heros, Skywalkers and Yellow Jackets finishing the weekend 3-2. Pretty well all tight games between the top 4 teams. Why can't all tournaments be like this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at Lax Blast today Happened to catch Levy's Legacy '19 team play Beach Bums. Legacy was easily beaten. Very far from any semblance of an elite team. If he took the "best" T.G. players than T.G. is better off without them. I do not have any affiliation with either team, as my daughter has graduated H.S. and played for neither club. I always said Levy was a second rate coach that was handed good talent with his '15 T.G. team. If I was a parent that defected from T.G. I would be on bent knee begging Shannon to take me back. Legacy will never be a top club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no affiliation with either team and your daughter is out of hs.... Why do you feel the need to talk so horribly about any club???? And also.. Z why were you at beach lax then? Actually don't care about that, but put your "passion" into something else...something helpful

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no affiliation with either team and your daughter is out of hs.... Why do you feel the need to talk so horribly about any club???? And also.. Z why were you at beach lax then? Actually don't care about that, but put your "passion" into something else...something helpful
Why do you feel the need to tell someone to redirect there passion. Were you one of those parents saying how poorly TG would do without you daughter, Do you not like someone completely independent of the situation giving an opinion. I bet your one of those parents saying how much better TG was than every other cub, including Beach Bums, just a year ago. Those parents that listened to Levy got sold a bill of goods, he can not bring this club to any prominence. As far as putting my "passion" into something els...something helpful, If I can steer a single parent and player away from a overrated coach, coaching at a sub par girls lacrosse program, and wasting a year of there lives, than I find that extremely.....Helpful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try at deflection. And by your response, it appears you care.

The comment used CR and YJ as the example because the topic on here was her "MONEY GRAB" tournament. And everyone seems so excited about the G8 (which they should be from the standpoint of great, fun competition, not college recruiting), which is a CR money maker. So it seems appropriate to use CR and YJ as the example, because they are the most glaring one. But a careful read of the post by you and you will notice the line "CR and her ilk" ... to translate for you that means CR and people like her. So CR is an example, and really good one, of the people trying to exploit parents' fears and insecurities and turning them into cash cows.

I have had two children go through the recruiting process for sports, one lax and one another sport. I have one more just beginning that process (albeit at a stupidly young age compared to the other two) and I think it is really important to try to bring some perspective to this whole club BS. It seems you are the one that is insecure and defensive. I am completely secure in the knowledge that my children will be just fine without me bowing to people like CR. I have no problem with you doing it though. I was just trying to let others who may be new to this know that they don't have to if they don't want to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did not know legacy had a 2019 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your posts are so hateful and caddy--- do you not see how you are lowering yourself to the standards of those parents who spoke that way, and then only entertaining them with these types of posts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]You caught me, I guess I didn't see them get beat by Beach Bums by like 7 or 8 goals. If I'm not mistaken, the girls only have 2 teams, so let just say the older team. It's funny how you now talk about being catty when for months it was you parents saying how T.G was through because Levy left with the teams best players, but now you don't want to lower yourself to my level... lol. The team needs a real coach, not a trick play pretender. Run from Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "great" Md United teams are off to a collective 6-17-1 start. They have no business being in any tournament with "Great" in the title. Who invited them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong again they were in pa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That post not from same person.

User
User
]You caught me, I guess I didn't see them get beat by Beach Bums by like 7 or 8 goals. If I'm not mistaken, the girls only have 2 teams, so let just say the older team. It's funny how you now talk about being catty when for months it was you parents saying how T.G was through because Levy left with the teams best players, but now you don't want to lower yourself to my level... lol. The team needs a real coach, not a trick play pretender. Run from Legacy.

Your an idiot. Coach Levy is a proven excellent coach. You are an anonymous POS.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't it all getting to that point - selling the parents the sizzle? It's totally mind numbing how many new clubs are sprouting up around MD and their sales pitches are more outrageous than the prior. I will at least give them kudos for the 6 wins - though they should have done a touch better backing up their sizzle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the danger of going to a stacked tournament, you get to know where you stand very quickly. For many clubs it make sense to stay away from the real competition, go to some lame tourny and roll over the competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are an Imbecile. Legacy Lacrosse LI is Levy's program. He doesn't have a 2019 team. His 2020 and 2022 were in PA this weekend and all of his teams did quite well. What you saw was Legacy Lax, from the Hudson Valley, not Levy's program. Now open mouth and insert foot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. mnd
2. heros
3. skywalkers
4. YJ
5. tlc
6. md united
7. sjs
8. steps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How the 2019 "A" Teams did this weekend:
Liberty 2019 Black: Champions (5-0) defeating TG 2019 Black 2x in the process.
YJ 2019 Carro - went 3-2, lost to M&D and Hero's.
Elevate 2019 Blue - still in progress, but currently 2-1 with their loss coming from the Long Island Wave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gold star for the one who predicted M&D would finish at the top of the competition and Steps Blue would finish in last in the 2019 "A" Bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate 2019 Blue - still in progress, but currently 2-1 with their loss coming from the Long Island Wave.

TG lost to Liberty 2 x , just shows you how far TG has fallen . CR has dismantled TG , gets worse next year , 2019 not even at the top of the B level clubs . TG 2020 will be middle of the road b level next year at best ,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What tournament is this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what tournament did they all play in together this weekend?
M&D and Heros compared to TG (not really)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG lost to Liberty 2 x , just shows you how far TG has fallen . CR has dismantled TG , gets worse next year , 2019 not even at the top of the B level clubs . TG 2020 will be middle of the road b level next year at best ,

West Hampton

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Hampton

Jeopardy answer , I'm a moron.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Hampton

YJ, M&D and Heros were at the G8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Hampton

Generally agree with directions these teams are headed. For whatever reason the 2019 age group from LI are a step or two behind the off island clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Hampton

That's not how jeopardy works , its supposed to be in the form of a question as in "West Hampton" ,what does a moron keep repeating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Hampton

That's not how jeopardy works , its supposed to be in the form of a question as in "West Hampton" ,what does a moron keep repeating.

I don't think anyone used West Hampton and 'Good Clubs' in a sentence. So, not too much of a moron....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy wasnt even at Lax Blast, they dont even have a 2019 team. They have 2 2020 teams and 2022 team and all played very well at the Grind this weekend. Nice try buddy!! Legacy seems to be going in the right direction. They 2020 team lost in the finals and the 2022 team lost in the finals 7-6 in OT to TGs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ - G8
Liberty - The Grind
Top Guns - The Grind
Elevate - NEYLAT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy wasnt even at Lax Blast, they dont even have a 2019 team. They have 2 2020 teams and 2022 team and all played very well at the Grind this weekend. Nice try buddy!! Legacy seems to be going in the right direction. They 2020 team lost in the finals and the 2022 team lost in the finals 7-6 in OT to TGs

Legacy was able to benefit at start up from a stacked 2020 age group. Both YJ and TG were deep with talent and many were willing to give another club a try, due to fystration with politics. In the end they ended up with a decent top team, basically a good B level. Building other good teams at other age groups will be much harder. Boys clubs expanding into the girls side never seem to work out. Levy may have been better off on his own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ - G8
Liberty - The Grind
Top Guns - The Grind
Elevate - NEYLAT

Interesting that YJ was the only Long Island team at G8. With all those Maryland teams - why didn't they have that down in Maryland?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ - G8
Liberty - The Grind
Top Guns - The Grind
Elevate - NEYLAT

Interesting that YJ was the only Long Island team at G8. With all those Maryland teams - why didn't they have that down in Maryland?

Because it was run by CR and Steps Elite. Guess they only wanted the top teams, hence the lack of LI representation.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard