BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 86 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A kid is not officially reclasssed til they begin the reclasssed year (school) hence before that date they are operating on word which holds no water. Also known as illegal

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax has illegal players on nearly every roster in their club. How are they getting away with it?

How do you define illegal? If you repeat a grade when is the date you can join the kids from the grade you just repeated back to. First day of summer? First day of school? Where are these rules written down to follow for reclass/repeat kids? I agree there are kids who have reclassed or started school late, and as much as this sucks for my kid. Is it really illegal or just crappy?

It's not hard to figure out, you have tryouts, you make a team you play on that team regardless of moving up, down or sideways until you have tryouts for the next season. That is the problem with what Crabs did at the Ocean. This is where Cabell copied King Crab twisted formula and then beat him at his own game, by having tryouts after spring for summer teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A kid is not officially reclasssed til they begin the reclasssed year (school) hence before that date they are operating on word which holds no water. Also known as illegal

This sounds like words from a rule book, can you please send me the link to the site you read this information from........ Ah you cant because this is how you would define the rule. Please find this written down somewhere and I will be glad to take it to Mr. Madlax myself and show him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has illegal players on nearly every roster in their club. How are they getting away with it?

How do you define illegal? If you repeat a grade when is the date you can join the kids from the grade you just repeated back to. First day of summer? First day of school? Where are these rules written down to follow for reclass/repeat kids? I agree there are kids who have reclassed or started school late, and as much as this sucks for my kid. Is it really illegal or just crappy?

There is grey area during the summer in terms of a kid who has reclassed. That is not what we are talking about.

This is what Madlax is doing:

1. They have a kid who finished his 2017 year at a public school. He is still enrolled in that public school, but has been playing with their 2018 since last fall. Makes no sense.

2. They have a kid who played freshman year at a public HS. The kid is reclassifying and is now playing with their 2019 team. This is technically allowed, so I don't have a huge problem with this one.

3. They have a public school kid going into 8th grade (2020 grad year), yet he is playing RIGHT NOW with their 2021 summer team. Makes no sense.

4. They gave at least one other kid who is playing down because he states he will expect to do a PG year at some point. wth?

5. They have more holdbacks on their teams than the Crabs. Technically fine, but kind of lousy.

Whenever you see a Madlax parent, ask them about these situations. They will likely run away or pretend not to know what is going on, but at least it will dial up the pressure on these cheaters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone needs to tell the Crabs about this cheating. No wonder Madlax won it all. Their 2019 team isn't that great. Having an older kid explains how they were able to win it.

I'm sure the Crabs would be shocked and disappointed to hear about this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is grey area during the summer in terms of a kid who has reclassed. That is not what we are talking about.

1. They have a kid who finished his 2017 year at a public school. He is still enrolled in that public school, but has been playing with their 2018 since last fall. Makes no sense.

2. They have a kid who played freshman year at a public HS. The kid is reclassifying and is now playing with their 2019 team. This is technically allowed, so I don't have a huge problem with this one.

3. They have a public school kid going into 8th grade (2020 grad year), yet he is playing RIGHT NOW with their 2021 summer team. Makes no sense.

4. They gave at least one other kid who is playing down because he states he will expect to do a PG year at some point. wth?

5. They have more holdbacks on their teams than the Crabs. Technically fine, but kind of lousy.

Whenever you see a Madlax parent, ask them about these situations. They will likely run away or pretend not to know what is going on, but at least it will dial up the pressure on these cheaters.

Anything going on with 2018 and above I could care less these are all high school kids and they play high school age kids all spring. So to me it does not mean anything if a 2016 plays with 2018. But for any group 8th grade/rising 9th grade group and blow any of these things are really crappy. I can tell you most Madlax parents only care about their on child's situation. So if the holdbacks are helping their kid look good they are cool with it. But if their kid is not playing or playing blue because of holdbacks they are mad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax parents are kind of sad. They know the owner is a nightmare but they put up with it because they think it's the best game in town. But the better ones realize in HS that their son is either better off recruiting wise with a better club or they are fed up overpaying for his BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax parents are kind of sad. They know the owner is a nightmare but they put up with it because they think it's the best game in town. But the better ones realize in HS that their son is either better off recruiting wise with a better club or they are fed up overpaying for his BS.

Ok, thanks for the passive aggressive VLC is better at selling high school kids to college comment. Forgot the hey ungrateful quitter story link that time, FYI. Cabell isn't the only club owner with some ethical or other "issues" and Kong Crab shares the same bed. I thought the point here was a debate on how to curb the Wild West impact of kids with beards playing in middle school club lacrosse events. Instead of blaming Cabell or the other club owners let's realize that the rules are there are no rules, and the club guys don't want rules as it limits their competitive or financial flexibility. US Lacrosse could be a beacon of hope, but instead they can't seem to ever get buy-in for their guidelines on anything from anyone. I refuse to believe lacrosse can't be at least managed well like youth soccer, and it is a lot more fruitful to focus on how that can be accomplished. Parents underwite EVERYTHING. We can refuse to let our kids play in or pay for lacrosse events that don't follow US Lacrosse age based standards. Or grade based with age boundary conditions. We really don't need 16 year olds running roughshod over 14 year olds, or worse denying them a playing time or roster spot on club teams. If all of that is being done just because there isn't a rule against it -- do the right damn thing and have a rule. I've heard all the arguments for grade based teams without any constraints and they make some good points but fail to acknowledge that is you are more than a calendar year boundary older than the public school grade guidelines, then you have to play up a school year. Simple. Doing that won't hurt a great lacrosse player one bit. If they are really good and are real D1 players, the recruiters evaluating them won't fail to see that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good points. I hope the people over at USL are reading some of these comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good points. I hope the people over at USL are reading some of these comments.

They might be. But one wonders what impact it will have on them.
They are in Baltimore . Either they have kids that have attended Private schools there or have friends with children in private schools there. Wonder how big their bias is to the holdback issue. Wonder if they have a sympathetic ear to the issue. They love lacrosse and privates are the best HS lacrosse in Balt.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: is a new sanctioning body organization possible for lacrosse? USL has no direct influence or affect on youth lacrosse now. Nearly all club and other youth events are not USL sponsored or insured events. A good start would be for petitioners to notice USL that our memberships are withdrawn. USL can ignore this and all other youth lacrosse and safety issues, but I doubt they will ignore and accept registrations going from 700K+ to zero. They can keep the $30 they already have from us per head...but that goes to zero hereforward. That constructively ends USL as a going concern. It would be well deserved. How about it everyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you the arbiter of the definition of "officially"?

The fact is that currently there are no rules here. Parents, players and clubs will continue to do whatever they wish until hard rules are put in place. The sad commentary here is that college coaches continue to favor players that are amongst the oldest of their recruiting class peers.

There is no rule on when a reclass takes place. My son played against kids 20+ months older than him this week at an elite grade based recruiting camp. Not complaining just stating fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you the arbiter of the definition of "officially"?

The fact is that currently there are no rules here. Parents, players and clubs will continue to do whatever they wish until hard rules are put in place. The sad commentary here is that college coaches continue to favor players that are amongst the oldest of their recruiting class peers.

There is no rule on when a reclass takes place. My son played against kids 20+ months older than him this week at an elite grade based recruiting camp. Not complaining just stating fact.

20 months I have heard of 18 months older but 20+ is a new low or high depends on how you look at it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2016 and 2017 Teams had a great showing this week at the UA Shootout. The 2017 Team made it to the Semis beating Landon in the Quarters. The 2016 Team won the whole thing beating PVI in the Quarters and Blackwolf in the Semis. Good Job Men!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2016 and 2017 Teams had a great showing this week at the UA Shootout. The 2017 Team made it to the Semis beating Landon in the Quarters. The 2016 Team won the whole thing beating PVI in the Quarters and Blackwolf in the Semis. Good Job Men!

What did you just say Madlax beat the great Blackwolf. This can not be true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is really funny. At Young Guns this past weekend, Edge rolled an entire team of 2018s, including reclassed kids, onto the field in the 2019 Championship game. Entire team. Lost to 8th graders.

Crabs entire starting 2019 lineup at Young Guns, with 1 exception, is reclassed, older, prefirst. They have a 16yo attackman playing on their 2019 team. Crabs moved 8 players from 2018 to 2019 team in Fall 2014. Lost to 8th graders too.

Madlax loses NPYLL 2019 Championship to reclassed Crabs this Spring. Few, if any, holdbacks play meaningful minutes. Team, coaches and parents walk off field muttering that, "we need more holdbacks" Madlax adds a couple to holdbacks to their 8th grade roster for the Summer.

Young Guns is a Crabs tournament using Crabs rules. RM allows Edge to move entire team from 2018 to 2019. How can he say no? Crabs play cake schedule and march mostly reclassed team into Semis. Madlax beats Crabs (in their own tournament for the 2nd year in a row) and Edge, and you criticize Madlax? Madlax fought fire with fire, and won, using mostly 8th graders.

If you had any brains, you would celebrate Madlax's victory over the Evil Empire and Evil Empire North. Anything less sounds like sour grapes from Crabs nation to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was Edge 2020 a year older also? They lost to Looney's in the final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember when winning the Shootout was a big deal. Most of those teams are mediocre. Madlax 2016 is a 2nd tier 2016 at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are you saying Landon, PVI and Blackwolf are mediocre? I'm pretty sure, they would disagree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All three were missing a ton of guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember when winning the Shootout was a big deal. Most of those teams are mediocre. Madlax 2016 is a 2nd tier 2016 at best.

As long as Madlax is good enough to be at the best events is all that matters. The Maryland or Duke coach does not care if a kids team went 4-0 or 0-4 on a Sat. in July. Madlax puts your son on the correct stage in front of the right people. Thats all you should ask for the shot. And Madlax gives that to them. Being the worst team in the NFL is still better then being the best team in Canada.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they were...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you played again this weekend with a hard 9/1 cutoff, think how differently the college coaches perspective's might be. In 2019 for instance, instead of Edge v Madlax in the final (both with 2018 player playing in the game), the college coaches might have been watching Patriot v Alcatraz Outlaws and a player on one of those teams might have gotten a verbal from UVA this week. If one of the goals of traveling to a tournament like this is to get in front of the coaches, why make the effort only to get blow out by a team one year older and not advance to the part of the tournament where the coaches will see you? You can stay in New Jersey and California and do that. Those poor kids that made the effort to get to Baltimore and were never seen by college coaches must feel like suckers. The club coaches should tell the tournament organizers to clean up their act or skip the tournaments alltogether and tell their players to spend their money going to college camps and showcase events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Shootout talk doesn't matter (although it's true that it no longer has a strong pool of teams.)

What does matter is Madlax leads a char G e of hold backs and playing guys down against the rules. That is pretty lame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Shootout talk doesn't matter (although it's true that it no longer has a strong pool of teams.)

What does matter is Madlax leads a char G e of hold backs and playing guys down against the rules. That is pretty lame.

So first it was the Crabs are the head cheaters, now it's Madlax got it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am still going back to 9-11 graders it does not matter they are all high school age kids. And this is when the scouts look at them 2019 and up. They only care when will this kid show up at my school. They do not care if he is 18 or 21. Look at college football they love to do the story about the guy who went to war or mission and he is a 24 or 28 year old freshman. Start at the top. The college coaches who pick kids who reclass. I am just guessing but when a coach is scouting a kid he gets his birthday. So they know when a kid is 16 playing 14 year old kids. So if they do not care why would the club coach care. All rules start at the top. Not the middle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you played again this weekend with a hard 9/1 cutoff, think how differently the college coaches perspective's might be. In 2019 for instance, instead of Edge v Madlax in the final (both with 2018 player playing in the game), the college coaches might have been watching Patriot v Alcatraz Outlaws and a player on one of those teams might have gotten a verbal from UVA this week. If one of the goals of traveling to a tournament like this is to get in front of the coaches, why make the effort only to get blow out by a team one year older and not advance to the part of the tournament where the coaches will see you? You can stay in New Jersey and California and do that. Those poor kids that made the effort to get to Baltimore and were never seen by college coaches must feel like suckers. The club coaches should tell the tournament organizers to clean up their act or skip the tournaments alltogether and tell their players to spend their money going to college camps and showcase events.

Let's hope not, I would feel terrible for the UVA coaches if that happened and they blew a recruiting opp on one of those two teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, you are so out of th loop. The UVA coaches were watching a 2020 kid they offered when he was in 4th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wrote the post above that you are responding to and I completely agree with you! We should play on age, 9/1 cutoff is good, and rules should be play up, never down. My son meets the criteria. However, this was a Crabs tournament, Crabs self-serving schedules and rules, so kids play down. Edge sent their entire team down. Madlax adjusted, and beat them playing their game, their way.

Effect on my son is that he's playing up! Hopefully the college coaches noticed his birthdate as well as his performance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, you are so out of th loop. The UVA coaches were watching a 2020 kid they offered when he was in 4th grade.

Well that's even worse - guess that's why they weren't in the final brackets this last year LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait what? Expand please

What team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sarcasm. Wow, you really are a lacrosse parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's hope not, I would feel terrible for the UVA coaches if that happened and they blew a recruiting opp on one of those two teams...

I was at UMBC last week watching Jake Reed. You would be shocked at the level of play by kids from Georgia, Missouri, Texas, ect. I could not believe how good the kids from non-hotbed areas were.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am still going back to 9-11 graders it does not matter they are all ghigh school age kids. And this is when the scouts look at them 2019 and up. They only care when will this kid show up at my school. They do not care if he is 18 or 21. Look at college football they love to do the story about the guy who went to war or mission and he is a 24 or 28 year old freshman. Start at the top. The college coaches who pick kids who reclass. I am just guessing but when a coach is scouting a kid he gets his birthday. So they know when a kid is 16 playing 14 year old kids. So if they do not care why would the club coach care. All rules start at the top. Not the middle.

Since this is the case, it should be fixed and college coaches should not be allowed to make early verbal commitments to anyone under 16.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was Edge 2020 a year older also? They lost to Looney's in the final.

They are a year older but Looneys also has their share of older kids. The true age based teams got knocked out early in a tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was at UMBC last week watching Jake Reed. You would be shocked at the level of play by kids from Georgia, Missouri, Texas, ect. I could not believe how good the kids from non-hotbed areas were.

Was there too - this is very true re: non-hotbed areas

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please get back to the topic of Madlax? I would like to know more about these kids in older grades playing down on younger grade teams. That sounds pretty indefensible.

The avoidance/silence of Madlax parents makes me think the allegations must be true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no silence it is true. But like stated before there are no real rules to say they can not. Grade based is Grade based. We hate it as much as the none reclass crabs parents do. But if the parent of the kid fills out a tryout form and says there kid is graduating in 2019 or 2020 what do you want the owners to do. The parents can count! I am sure they are aware but most of the owners/coaches care about winning and having good players. The Private schools recruit kids to come play for them. They do not care how old a kid is as long as he is going to be a freshman when he starts at there school. These schools are all Church based and you can not keep them from cheating what do you want from a club team that is for profit. They just give what the people who are paying want. Teams that win and play in the best of the best with the most colleges there to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed is not real lacrosse , it's every man for
Himself, so the more athletic older kid looks better, their is no sliding, passing, and u can use your strong hand all the time, don 't be fooled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at UMBC last week watching Jake Reed. You would be shocked at the level of play by kids from Georgia, Missouri, Texas, ect. I could not believe how good the kids from non-hotbed areas were. [/quote]

Glad you were finally able to make it out of 1983

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 86 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard