BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NAT175 even gave the losing teams hats because TLI Cheated..Fact !!
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Then why did 2 teams from Long Island protest them being there ??
Just for fun ??

You are correct they did beat legacy with their half dozen older kids !! Didn't legacy beat them recently though when they didn't have their older kids ??

who cares if TLI they had older boys, that Legacy team should have beat them with their older kids. They didn't, end of story!

Translation: (the above doesn't work unless spoken like William Shatner - the below is english)
Who cares if TLI played with their older boys, Legacy should have beat TLI with the older boys on TLI. They didn't, end of story

One more time for the impaired readers, TLI does NOT have any older kids. really, forget the graduating year BS. Every kid on that team is of age. Aside from the 3 younger kids who are between 12 & 13, EVERY kid is 14! I'll bet Legacy and every other team can say the same thing so enough with the silly statements of TLI is a bunch of cheaters.

And you know that how??? Sounds to me you're stirring up the pot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
didn't another 2019 team get stuff because another 2019 team shafted them and left early before their last game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first 2019 has committed. Should be many more coming soon.

And.....Today my 2019 did not lift the seat and could not find his socks!

now if he didnt lift the seat or cant find his socks, you have a legit reason to hold him back.

Why all the hate about the 2019 commit, cant someone figure there are mature smart players in the 2019 class. on Xanders blog one post states the kid doesn't know what mx+b=y is. Some kids do, most parents don't. Don't label a kid till you know them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The other lefty at attack who is definitely among one of the best players on this team is being used to plug holes at mid field. I heard he is not overly thrilled with the situation but it shows his versatility and depth as a player.. Poor kid is getting deleted

Knock it off you slug!!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: DO NOT IDENTIFY PLAYERS
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting personal? I guess when all else fails go for the DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your complaint is that your son is being a well rounded player? Or your complaint is what? that the other kid that plays lefty attack DELETED is playing the position more? Or are you saying that there is not enough good middies on the team and that forces your kid to play there bc there are holes? Or that this team is not all that it's cracked up to be and you think the grass is greener on the other side? It may be a problem where ever this lefty plays...Maybe it was a problem on teams that this kid played on in the past so this may be a parental issue and not the poor good lefty attackman.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have a novel idea.. Let the SOB that keeps trying to name one specific kid, identify himself so we can all have at HIS kid..

Knock it off you freaking moron!!!! wth is wrong with you?? Your dad and/or mom didn't love you enough?? Huh??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw that Edge team play last weekend at Young Guns and they are very, very skilled. The beat the Crabs, then FCA and lost by a goal to a very good Madlax National team. There is some question as to the ages of the players on Edge (that seems to be the case with most teams these days) but they are very good nonetheless. Congratulations to the young man for his commitment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw that Edge team play last weekend at Young Guns and they are very, very skilled. The beat the Crabs, then FCA and lost by a goal to a very good Madlax National team. There is some question as to the ages of the players on Edge (that seems to be the case with most teams these days) but they are very good nonetheless. Congratulations to the young man for his commitment.

STOP... that Edge 2019 UVA commit will likely be able to drive himself down to VA this September... he'll be just another normal 20 year old in 4 Septembers.

Let's keep rewarding the holdbacks who intentional game the system.

Starsia- I'm disappointed in you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STOP... that Edge 2019 UVA commit will likely be able to drive himself down to VA this September... he'll be just another normal 20 year old in 4 Septembers.

Didn't starsia write some BS article for inside lacrosse this year on how,he is against all this early recruiting?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2019 kid who committed still has his 2018 highlight video up.

Raise a glass to all those TRUE 2019 players. Keep on working, training, playing and studying. Your time will come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't starsia write some BS article for inside lacrosse this year on how,he is against all this early recruiting?

In full agreement- nothing against the kid personally, but this should not be celebrated one bit- it just feeds the holdback machine and ruins it for the rest that choose to put academics and ethics first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This comical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In full agreement- nothing against the kid personally, but this should not be celebrated one bit- it just feeds the holdback machine and ruins it for the rest that choose to put academics and ethics first.

It only gets worse, currently at the number 1 Showcase out there for 2018's and 2017's. I put the number of holdbacks and now double holdbacks at better than 50% of the kids here for the 2018's. If your son is one of the best kids on his travel team and age legit, he will be up against highly skilled, gigantic, physically mature beasts 1 to 2 years older. It has reached a level of absurdity that is absolutely ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well thanks for letting everyone know your drinking the team LI koolAid !!!!! They cheat and everyone is well aware of it but you go sit on that sideline and act like your kids aren't being taught to cheat and lie to get a win. Enjoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well thanks for letting everyone know your drinking the team LI koolAid !!!!! They cheat and everyone is well aware of it but you go sit on that sideline and act like your kids aren't being taught to cheat and lie to get a win. Enjoy

WAh wah wah. You have holdbacks too. Go out and compete this weekend . Stop crying and making excused it's making you appear weak. Good luck to both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That dammed Canadian went and got himself a scholarship to UVA. Tell me again how he is cheating?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That dammed Canadian went and got himself a scholarship to UVA. Tell me again how he is cheating?

He's a holdback. Plays against kids 1-2 years younger than himself to look better. Smoke and mirrors. Shameful self promotion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, he went and got himself a handshake with Dom Starsia. There's no scholarship until an NLI is signed.

Verbals are nice and all, but they don't carry nearly as much weight as most people would like to think they do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's a holdback. Plays against kids 1-2 years younger than himself to look better. Smoke and mirrors. Shameful self promotion.

BLAME CANADA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid is a 2000 birth year so this makes him only 1 year older by LI standards and actually quite regular for a 2019 in the lacrosse world. Could it just be that this Canadian is simply that good and deserving?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid is a 2000 birth year so this makes him only 1 year older by LI standards and actually quite regular for a 2019 in the lacrosse world. Could it just be that this Canadian is simply that good and deserving?

"Only" one year older? Haha. Sure he's a good player, would love to see how good he is playing with his own age group!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, he's the biggest hypocrite when it comes to recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Only" one year older? Haha. Sure he's a good player, would love to see how good he is playing with his own age group!

Too bad that it doesn't matter what you/we would love to see. The fact is the coaches don't care. They recruit how they want, good luck convincing them otherwise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very sad. Cormier was a 2018 grad during last summers lax season.

Edge 2018 members on Team Ontario Bantam:
Payton Cormier

When does this sport and its leaders (Starsia) finally end this nonsense?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cormier (Payton) Edge 2018 ON Attack Left 2000-03-01 2018

Does it really matter? Who cares how old he is, I'll never play my son down or reclassify him for the potential to verbally commit early to a college when he can't even decide what socks to wear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16 of the kids selected to the 2017 ASG at Maverik Showtime are uncommitted.

I'm sure all those boys will find their way on to D1 rosters if that is their goal. They may even get a better offer or find a better fit for them then they would have 2 years ago.

Committing early is not about fit or what is best for the kid. Bottom line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cormier (Payton) Edge 2018 ON Attack Left 2000-03-01 2018

Does it really matter? Who cares how old he is, I'll never play my son down or reclassify him for the potential to verbally commit early to a college when he can't even decide what socks to wear.

He is six months older than my 2018, rising 10th grader !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He CHEATED a legitimate 2019 out of an opportunity to commit to UVA... Get it now? Using an unfair advantage to garner what he wanted. I would bet that most age legit, top tier 2019's would blow the doors off 99.9% of any age legit 2020, that's how he's cheating. Wait till your 1 year reclass loses his potential spot to the new 2 time reclasses that are emerging. Nothing like doing 9th grade three times...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He CHEATED a legitimate 2019 out of an opportunity to commit to UVA... Get it now? Using an unfair advantage to garner what he wanted. I would bet that most age legit, top tier 2019's would blow the doors off 99.9% of any age legit 2020, that's how he's cheating. Wait till your 1 year reclass loses his potential spot to the new 2 time reclasses that are emerging. Nothing like doing 9th grade three times...

The only saving grace is most HS athletic associations have rules that state if you turn 19 before the start of the school year you cannot play sports. As a result a 2x reclass would have to sit-out his senior season. Not a great way to prep for a D1 roster spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't matter what you think ,college coaches are recruiting these players not you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask a question. Why does everyone always talk about D1 schools? Think about how many D1 schools their are and the amount of kids that are playing from all over the country and Canada. Their are not enough spots for kids at these schools. Your kid needs to be a scholar first and a good lax player second. I really wish you parents will get a grip on yourselves. All of you sound really stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask a question. Why does everyone always talk about D1 schools? Think about how many D1 schools their are and the amount of kids that are playing from all over the country and Canada. Their are not enough spots for kids at these schools. Your kid needs to be a scholar first and a good lax player second. I really wish you parents will get a grip on yourselves. All of you sound really stupid.

Well said. To add to that, it's a full time job and your experience is really quite different than all the other non athletes there. While my son has his hopes on going D1, like every other kid out there- we are using it as a goal and it motivates him to study and stay at the too of his class. In the end, I'm not surreal a D1 spot is what I really wish for him, but if he makes it he will find out himself. Lots of dedication, sacrifice and time management needed to be a successful student athlete and only the quite mature kids really end up pulling it off successfully. Just like now, academics are the priority and in college we expect the same, as will many of the better academic D1 schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. To add to that, it's a full time job and your experience is really quite different than all the other non athletes there. While my son has his hopes on going D1, like every other kid out there- we are using it as a goal and it motivates him to study and stay at the too of his class. In the end, I'm not surreal a D1 spot is what I really wish for him, but if he makes it he will find out himself. Lots of dedication, sacrifice and time management needed to be a successful student athlete and only the quite mature kids really end up pulling it off successfully. Just like now, academics are the priority and in college we expect the same, as will many of the better academic D1 schools.

Great points. However, you might be surprised at the level of commitment it takes to be successful at the D3 level. I'll give you some insight:
-Full workout plan, running schedule and lax program for summer
-15 to 18 hrs a week for fall ball
-25 to 30 plus hrs a week in season
-players shovel the field themselves to practice in cold weather, no in-door practice facility.
-minimum one week of missed classes for travel in season, of a 14 week semester
-players GPA actually penalized for missing class, as many classes have strict attendance policy. No coaching or AD influence with the professors, as academics trumps athletics.
-other than mandatory study hall, no academic support. Player must figure it out on his own. As opposed to tutors available for students provided for free by the athletic dept in D1.
-you pay out of pocket for fall ball and spring break trip
So now you know the real deal in D3 at a competitive program from a good academic school.
Kind of sounds like it's more difficult for a kid to be successful at a competitive D3 program, doesn't it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we pump the brakes a little and call out whoever this is for being off the rails?

Is registering a whole team down a grade to be successful wrong? YES. However, you don't think that Starsia knows the kids date of birth? The kid didn't cheat another 2019 out of an opportunity. These coaches have a job, and that is to win games. They want to add players that will help them win. If your son is good enough, his time will come and if he's not a 2018 from Edge committing in the class of 2019 is not "taking his spot".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we pump the brakes a little and call out whoever this is for being off the rails?

Is registering a whole team down a grade to be successful wrong? YES. However, you don't think that Starsia knows the kids date of birth? The kid didn't cheat another 2019 out of an opportunity. These coaches have a job, and that is to win games. They want to add players that will help them win. If your son is good enough, his time will come and if he's not a 2018 from Edge committing in the class of 2019 is not "taking his spot".

Actually it might. How can you declare this "spot" wasn't taken from a legite 2019 who is NOT reclassing? There are only so many roster spots, so I would believe this 2018 did indeed take a 2019 rsote spot....unless you have more 2019 reclassing to 2020. And the wheel keeps turning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me take the other side... If it is not an advantage physically & athletically and maturity to re-class down a grade or two then why would someone do it?

Answer... no one would. The fact is that all (and I mean ALL) the re-class laxers seek out that opportunity to look superior on the athletic fields and in the classroom relative to children that are of appropriate age. They get the attention from a travel team coach because that re-class has the (unearned) advantage of size, speed & maturity and possibly academic success over an age appropriate kid. He looks different on the field of play when competing against kids 1 or 2 years younger.

They get the attention from a college for exactly the same reason... that synthetic appearance of superiority.

Now back to the Edge/VA re-class commit. Would he have been able to get the attention from UVA if he stayed in 2018?
Possibly, but he didn't.... and that 2018 offer went to someone else.

By extension, since he got an offer as a 2019 (not a 2018) there is one less likely spot available for an age appropriate 2019 player.

So yes, re-classing = cheating (and cheating another child of an opportunity is offensive).

I can't wait for the day some of the kids that get over looked are able to turn the tables on all this re-classing. Some age appropriate kids will continue to mature while some re-classes will have peaked in freshman year of HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So yes, re-classing = cheating (and cheating another child of an opportunity is offensive).

Can you cite the NCAA rule that states D1 programs MUST recruit 2019s who were born in 2001 calendar year? You can't. The behavior is offensive yes, but it is not cheating.

The only way this behavior will stop is if the NCAA puts an age cap on athletes. No other rule will prevent D1 coaches from recruiting older athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you cite the NCAA rule that states D1 programs MUST recruit 2019s who were born in 2001 calendar year? You can't. The behavior is offensive yes, but it is not cheating.

The only way this behavior will stop is if the NCAA puts an age cap on athletes. No other rule will prevent D1 coaches from recruiting older athletes.

You are right.. I can't point to a NCAA rule or even a US Lax rule. That is on them. Both orgs are supremely distracted by money and tainted with hypocrisy.

I can tell you that most people have a feel for right and wrong; fair and unfair...despite what is technically not illegal.

When you see someone taking something that doesn't belong to them. When a Big Rottweiller is fighting with a Beagle. Insurance Fraud, Taxes, Mistresses, Steriods, Vaseline on a baseball, deflated footballs, etc.

Most of these things mentioned above evoke a feeling of disgust. some are distasteful and some are illegal. We know it shouldn't happen.

Not speaking for the entire lax community, but my guess is that many (probably most) feel the same way about re-classing. It is just not right and it is not in the spirit of the game.

Unless the game is to beat the system instead of beating your opponent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right.. I can't point to a NCAA rule or even a US Lax rule. That is on them. Both orgs are supremely distracted by money and tainted with hypocrisy.

I can tell you that most people have a feel for right and wrong; fair and unfair...despite what is technically not illegal.

When you see someone taking something that doesn't belong to them. When a Big Rottweiller is fighting with a Beagle. Insurance Fraud, Taxes, Mistresses, Steriods, Vaseline on a baseball, deflated footballs, etc.

Most of these things mentioned above evoke a feeling of disgust. some are distasteful and some are illegal. We know it shouldn't happen.

Not speaking for the entire lax community, but my guess is that many (probably most) feel the same way about re-classing. It is just not right and it is not in the spirit of the game.

Unless the game is to beat the system instead of beating your opponent.

My son is a 2017 and has made is verbal. Knowing what I know now, if I would have known 10 years ago I would have had him reclassify and them do a PG year. Get used to it it's the wave of the future and not going to change

Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard