BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are a nightmare. Ther is none of this stuff in Maryland that I am aware of. There are plenty of colleges that need good players so chill out. Very few if any will go to umd or unc. Relax.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You people are a nightmare. Ther is none of this stuff in Maryland that I am aware of. There are plenty of colleges that need good players so chill out. Very few if any will go to umd or unc. Relax.

There are too many clubs around the Baltimore area for people to tolerate this. Folks would just move on to the next club. With the proximity of M&D, SkyWalkers and TLC. Then Hero's, MD United and Capital being close by. People will vote with their feet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are too many clubs around the Baltimore area for people to tolerate this. Folks would just move on to the next club. With the proximity of M&D, SkyWalkers and TLC. Then Hero's, MD United and Capital being close by. People will vote with their feet.

BOTC has been around for about 5 or 6 years, it started out as LI lax scene and has a very strong following. The boards and threads were set up to support LI interests. I think part of the rationale of the recent club thread removal was likely to better engage other locations in thread discussions. You definitely see an increase in MD team chatter now. Anyway the point is that all this stuff goes on between the MD clubs as well, I see it in the last couple weeks already. Once BOTC soaks into the MD (and other locations), you will see that the MD people are not above what goes on here, exactly the same things will happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waaaaah......Cry me a river , you could never tell that this team is approaching recruiting age . If your superstar is that good she will get noticed. All of the College coaches are long gone by the time the playoffs start so you didn't miss out on anything except some traffic sheeeeesh you people are amazing. If you have a program that your daughter is interested in sign up for their camp and you can guarantee that the coach of your daughters choice will have 3 days to watch her. Of course then you will have no excuses.

Yes all the kids should have to go to 4-5 different camps for an extra 3-4k so they can be seen because some homer coach is only looking out for "his" kids. What is going on with that team is just simply wrong ,what's worse is at this point CR has to know but seems to not care. You have kids playing out of position for entire games and kids not even getting into games so the kids from the coaches hometown can be showcased, there is nothing fair or right about that.

"Kids playing out of position"??? In 8th grade????

You have lost perspective on this whole thing (or maybe never had it).

The kids in 8th grade should be able to play any position. They hopefully aren't pigeon-holed by coaches or their no-nothing parents. If you're kid is quote "playing out of position" in 8th grade, then she is likely not that good if all she can do is play one position. Sorry to inform you, but I guess someone should.

Young players (and yes 8th grade is young) should be playing every position, and learning the footwork, skill and strategy of all of them. If your club doesn't allow that, because they want to win over developing the players, then I would switch to a place where they value the kids more than the almighty dollar.

If your daughter is destined for college lax (and certainly high level D1 lacrosse) a coach will recognize her abilities no matter what position she is playing on the field. She will be making a difference and standing out athletically and with her lax IQ.

But even more importantly, it's frick'in 8th grade!! Can they please have a little fun without parents, coaches and hangers on putting so much pressure on every game/tournament/play etc. CHILL OUT!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]You have lost perspective on this whole thing (or maybe never had it).

The kids in 8th grade should be able to play any position. They hopefully aren't pigeon-holed by coaches or their no-nothing parents. If you're kid is quote "playing out of position" in 8th grade, then she is likely not that good if all she can do is play one position. Sorry to inform you, but I guess someone should.

Young players (and yes 8th grade is young) should be playing every position, and learning the footwork, skill and strategy of all of them. If your club doesn't allow that, because they want to win over developing the players, then I would switch to a place where they value the kids more than the almighty dollar.

If your daughter is destined for college lax (and certainly high level D1 lacrosse) a coach will recognize her abilities no matter what position she is playing on the field. She will be making a difference and standing out athletically and with her lax IQ.

But even more importantly, it's frick'in 8th grade!! Can they please have a little fun without parents, coaches and hangers on putting so much pressure on every game/tournament/play etc. CHILL OUT!!!!

I guess those parents will tell Coach Reese and Coach Levy DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: No references to players allowed!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]You have lost perspective on this whole thing (or maybe never had it).

So I have no idea what u were trying to say, but if a kid is good enough to play (i mean actual see the field) at Maryland or UNC, you do understand that Coach Reese and Coach Levy will not need to see them playing "their position" in 8th grade. You r all too funny. An 8th/9th grader committed to Maryland could play w the wrong side of her stick and blindfolded and the coach could still see how talented they r ... and that top recruit, or anyone else at that level, could wait quite a long time before committing if they, and more importantly, their parents wanted to. So yes, if the parents of girls that are good enough to go to Maryland and UNC as 8th graders want to, they can tell Reese and Levy anything they want. And quite frankly, I wish they would. Because if the top 10-20 girls in the country would wait until they r at an age to make a semi-informed decision about where they want to go to college, then the whole recruiting process would slow down and it would be better for everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I have no idea what u were trying to say, but if a kid is good enough to play (i mean actual see the field) at Maryland or UNC, you do understand that Coach Reese and Coach Levy will not need to see them playing "their position" in 8th grade. You r all too funny. An 8th/9th grader committed to Maryland could play w the wrong side of her stick and blindfolded and the coach could still see how talented they r ... and that top recruit, or anyone else at that level, could wait quite a long time before committing if they, and more importantly, their parents wanted to. So yes, if the parents of girls that are good enough to go to Maryland and UNC as 8th graders want to, they can tell Reese and Levy anything they want. And quite frankly, I wish they would. Because if the top 10-20 girls in the country would wait until they r at an age to make a semi-informed decision about where they want to go to college, then the whole recruiting process would slow down and it would be better for everyone.

But that can never happen because I have been telling my daughter and anyone else that would listen that she is going to be the first to be verbally committed in her age group!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds close. Overall, it does not matter what position they play now if those coaches have other plans for them. What are you going to do as a parent if they want your middie to play attack or defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekend at g8 should be awesome!!!' The best of the best playing on Friday and Saturday against each other. Who will be standing at the end?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekend at g8 should be awesome!!!' The best of the best playing on Friday and Saturday against each other. Who will be standing at the end?

It's a showcase format, let's see if the cream really does rise to the top. Win or lose - it should be fun. This is why we drop all this scratch. For this kind of competition. Overall, all these girls that will play this weekend are going to be winners in the end.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G8 2019 "A" Bracket predictions:
1. M&D
2. TLC Red
3. Skywalkers Blue
4. Hero's
5. YJ Carro
6. Steps
7. South Jersey Select
8. M D United

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. M&D
2. TLC Red
3. Skywalkers Blue
4. Hero's
5. YJ Carro
6. Steps
7. South Jersey Select
8. M D United

Yikes, This tournament is stacked with who's who of club lacrosse. Hope they keep it selective in the coming years!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the fields turf or grass at the G8?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. M&D
2. TLC Red
3. Skywalkers Blue
4. Hero's
5. YJ Carro
6. Steps
7. South Jersey Select
8. M D United

Wow, not giving much credit to YJ Carro? This is what I'm figuring from records so far this year.
1. YJ Carro
2. M&D Black
3. Skywalkers Blue
4. TLC Red
5. Hero's
6. MD United
7. South Jersey Select
8. Steps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. M&D
2. TLC Red
3. Skywalkers Blue
4. Hero's
5. YJ Carro
6. Steps
7. South Jersey Select
8. M D United

Wow, not giving much credit to YJ Carro? This is what I'm figuring from records so far this year.
1. YJ Carro
2. M&D Black
3. Skywalkers Blue
4. TLC Red
5. Hero's
6. MD United
7. South Jersey Select
8. Steps

CR should get this thing sanctioned by US lacrosse and call it the US club championship, somehow all these great teams go, US lacrosse needs to team up with someone in order to draw all the best teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Heros
2. Mnd
3. Yj
4. Sw
5. Tlc
6. Md United.
7. Sjs
8. Steps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. M&D
2. TLC Red
3. Skywalkers Blue
4. Hero's
5. YJ Carro
6. Steps
7. South Jersey Select
8. M D United

1. YJ Carro
2. M&D Black
3. Skywalkers Blue
4. TLC Red
5. Hero's
6. MD United
7. South Jersey Select
8. Steps

Is this a joke ?You may want to win a tournament before saying you are the champs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the fields turf or grass at the G8?
turf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Heros
2. Mnd
3. Yj
4. Sw
5. Tlc
6. Md United.
7. Sjs
8. Steps.
STEPS last? Doubt it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Heros
2. Mnd
3. Yj
4. Sw
5. Tlc
6. Md United.
7. Sjs
8. Steps.
STEPS last? Doubt it.

Steps is all sizzle, no steak! However, putting yj @ 3 is very wishful thinking

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Heros
2. Mnd
3. Yj
4. Sw
5. Tlc
6. Md United.
7. Sjs
8. Steps.
STEPS last? Doubt it.

Steps is all sizzle, no steak! However, putting yj @ 3 is very wishful thinking

Hero's at #1? Are you kidding? Fifth at best, come on folks....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
check site after the weekend. Have watched heros all year long. Barely lost to mnd in finals of spring league which is real competition in Baltimore. Don't lose to tlc. Beat sw 75%. Beat yj 50% and lose to mnd by one every game. Check back and reply you were wrong next week!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has steps beaten anyone? Maybe switch them and sjs. Yj don't play competition every week starting in February so they can't hold up to tough competition one after another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps likely to finish in bottom 3… they haven't done well this summer except for the Rock the Field where top tier competition was lacking. T3 haas done better and competed against stronger teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Team Smithtown ( must be the best as they never come off the field, have practice in their back yard , cancel practice if any are unavailable).
2) MD
3) SW
4) Heroes
5) TLC
6) SJS
7) MD united
8) Steps
9) YJ (non Smithtown) players , only purpose is to fill in for Smithtown kids when they need a break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Team Smithtown ( must be the best as they never come off the field, have practice in their back yard , cancel practice if any are unavailable).
2) MD
3) SW
4) Heroes
5) TLC
6) SJS
7) MD united
8) Steps
9) YJ (non Smithtown) players , only purpose is to fill in for Smithtown kids when they need a break.

TG haS beat Hero's and TLC several times

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2) MD
3) SW
4) Heroes
5) TLC
6) SJS
7) MD united
8) Steps

Yes so has YJ, that being said has TG beat the this year as they seem to play no competition. TG 2019 has been hurt bad by defections , lost 4-5 of their top ten kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2) MD
3) SW
4) Heroes
5) TLC
6) SJS
7) MD united
8) Steps

This is not a championship format but a showcase. Will be interesting to see if all 27 players get equal time in front of the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2) MD
3) SW
4) Heroes
5) TLC
6) SJS
7) MD united
8) Steps

That's great. What does it have to do with this conversation? TG's are not even going to the G8 tournament.??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2) MD
3) SW
4) Heroes
5) TLC
6) SJS
7) MD united
8) Steps

And Hero's has beaten TG several times as has TLC. What's your point? Good luck at Best of the Beach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who the heck is Tg? Do they play lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2) MD
3) SW
4) Heroes
5) TLC
6) SJS
7) MD united
8) Steps

And Hero's has beaten TG several times as has TLC. What's your point? Good luck at Best of the Beach.

You cant play where they don't "invite " you.. wait and see how C.R. and Charlie stack the schedules in their favor..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2) MD
3) SW
4) Heroes
5) TLC
6) SJS
7) MD united
8) Steps

You cant play where they don't "invite " you.. wait and see how C.R. and Charlie stack the schedules in their favor..

LMAO - Look at the schedule how did CR stack that? Well, apart from only inviting the best clubs in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point is how can this be the best in the country if TG who has been several teams listed isn't invited because of whatever reason. TG can play with all of these teams

User
User
What's the thought on the Carol Rose money grab called the
LONG ISLAND ALL-AMERICAN GIRLS LACROSSE
NASSAU VS SUFFOLK at Michel Field?

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2) MD
3) SW
4) Heroes
5) TLC
6) SJS
7) MD united
8) Steps

LMAO - Look at the schedule how did CR stack that? Well, apart from only inviting the best clubs in the country.
Charlie stack the schedule in their favor? STEPS 2018 Blue (A team) playing, M&D Black, Maryland United East, YJs Rose, TLC Red, and Hero's. I guess that is stacking the schedule in their favor? Do a little work and look at the website before making a stupid point. Your jealousy comes through loud and clear. Guess your team wasn't invited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=The Hop]What's the thought on the Carol Rose money grab called the

[/quotes The thought is its exactly what you said a complete money grab which is genius by them but it is also a great idea . How many times have you seen on this site discussions of who has the better players Suffolk or Nassau etc. Obviously Suffolk has passed Nassau by easily at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Looks like a little nod to all the "B" team yj (keep training, you're almost elite) and "A" team yj who ride the bench in competitive games - build it and they will come! Another feather in dads resume

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Looks like a little nod to all the "B" team yj (keep training, you're almost elite) and "A" team yj who ride the bench in competitive games - build it and they will come! Another feather in dads resume

doubt it. most nassau players taking a hard pass on this money grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TW runs the LI AA Show

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard