BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: ESM Girls Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just like year end awards that usually go to stat leaders, the coaches awards usually go to winners.

Its not rocket science. If you have read newsday over the years you understand this.

Great honor that usually comes from people that just read boxscores!

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing"

UCLA Bruins football coach Henry Russell ("Red") Sanders

Sad that you don't see the difference between public high school girls lacrosse and UCLA football. Feel bad for the girls that aren't on the BT and TH favorites list.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like year end awards that usually go to stat leaders, the coaches awards usually go to winners.

Its not rocket science. If you have read newsday over the years you understand this.

Sad that you don't see the difference between public high school girls lacrosse and UCLA football. Feel bad for the girls that aren't on the BT and TH favorites list.
guess those girls don't work as hard as the so called favorites. Tell them work a little harder in the off-season and maybe they'll get noticed by BT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Favorite list just won a state championship....maybe there is a reason they are favorites... funny how that works

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Favorite list just won a state championship....maybe there is a reason they are favorites... funny how that works

Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

guess those girls don't work as hard as the so called favorites. Tell them work a little harder in the off-season and maybe they'll get noticed by BT

Or maybe their parents just haven't kissed the right asses to become favorites!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

doubtful......maybe the girls just worked hard like I previously said. I saw a few games on msg varsity and it appears to me that all of those girls who are getting the bulk of playing time belong on the field. what are you going to do if when your kid graduates college and the job they apply for maybe they don't get......are you going to write a letter to the company in which they applied demanding an answer or accusing the boss of favoritism? give it a rest. hard work pays off. those girls belong on the field.

funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Just like year end awards that usually go to stat leaders, the coaches awards usually go to winners.

doubtful......maybe the girls just worked hard like I previously said. I saw a few games on msg varsity and it appears to me that all of those girls who are getting the bulk of playing time belong on the field. what are you going to do if when your kid graduates college and the job they apply for maybe they don't get......are you going to write a letter to the company in which they applied demanding an answer or accusing the boss of favoritism? give it a rest. hard work pays off. those girls belong on the field.

^^
My kid will apply for another job because that's the different between a job and a school - there are multiple other choices.. I don't pay taxes for her to go to that job. And at that job, the taxes that I pay don't help fund the boss's (coach's) salary. Those are a few differences.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Just like year end awards that usually go to stat leaders, the coaches awards usually go to winners.

^^
My kid will apply for another job because that's the different between a job and a school - there are multiple other choices.. I don't pay taxes for her to go to that job. And at that job, the taxes that I pay don't help fund the boss's (coach's) salary. Those are a few differences.

Great answer.
Public school employees work for the taxpayer and are accountable to them.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem is, there are very few unhappy taxpayers. The vast majority are glad to have her in our district. She spent at least 250 hours with these girls during the season. The kids were given an opportunity to play fall ball, winter training and winter league. She set up team bonding activities and the girls all had fun while learning more about each other. The result is a state championship. Many HS coaches do nothing for their teams. She goes above and beyond her coaching paycheck for these girls. It is the best 25 cents that I have ever spent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem is, there are very few unhappy taxpayers. The vast majority are glad to have her in our district. She spent at least 250 hours with these girls during the season. The kids were given an opportunity to play fall ball, winter training and winter league. She set up team bonding activities and the girls all had fun while learning more about each other. The result is a state championship. Many HS coaches do nothing for their teams. She goes above and beyond her coaching paycheck for these girls. It is the best 25 cents that I have ever spent.

There are more unhappy people than you think but they're afraid to say anything while their kids are still playing. That's why many of the people who spoke up were parents of kids that graduated or quit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UCLA Bruins football coach Henry Russell ("Red") Sanders [/quote]

Sad that you don't see the difference between public high school girls lacrosse and UCLA football. Feel bad for the girls that aren't on the BT and TH favorites list. [/quote]guess those girls don't work as hard as the so called favorites. Tell them work a little harder in the off-season and maybe they'll get noticed by BT [/quote]

Or maybe their parents just haven't kissed the right asses to become favorites! [/quote]doubtful......maybe the girls just worked hard like I previously said. I saw a few games on msg varsity and it appears to me that all of those girls who are getting the bulk of playing time belong on the field. what are you going to do if when your kid graduates college and the job they apply for maybe they don't get......are you going to write a letter to the company in which they applied demanding an answer or accusing the boss of favoritism? give it a rest. hard work pays off. those girls belong on the field.

^^
My kid will apply for another job because that's the different between a job and a school - there are multiple other choices.. I don't pay taxes for her to go to that job. And at that job, the taxes that I pay don't help fund the boss's (coach's) salary. Those are a few differences. [/quote]

Great answer.
Public school employees work for the taxpayer and are accountable to them.

[/quote]

but more accurately the coach works for the elected school board through the appointed principals and ADs. so unfortunately (or fortunately) the coach doesn't have to address each taxpayer on and individual basis. So unless there is a groundswell against a coach that impacts the principal and the school board, it is not easy to get things to change. I guess the Rotanz saga is the comparison.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Becky Thorn...Coach of the year!!!!

It's unfortunate that character is not considered when choosing a Coach of the Year.
umm no......I believe character is considered. you're 100% wrong. a lot goes into voting for those accolades be it for players or coaches......but mainly I'd like to say congrats coach Thorn. well deserved all around.

It's based purely on results unfortunately.

Well then why not west islip or Sinai coach? Just be happy for the her and ESM or not. Nothing anyone says on here will take away from these children the incredible year they had. I'm so happy for all of the kids and coaches. ESM administrators are the ones with no integrity - different rules for different sports. an athlete from another sport breaks a huge zero tolerance rule yet because it's softball it's ok and is still allowed to attend huge sporting event in uniform. A couple of years ago a player was kicked off the baseball team for something that happened off school property. This offense this year was on school property and super and principal give the child a pass. At least a little consistency would be nice.
Wow I didn't know that. that's a shame. was it a bad offense worth removing her from the team? the softball player I mean
what about the football team and their incident oh wait swept under the rug

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

kissing [lacrosse] is key bc I knew plenty who played for her and worked harder then some who simply would just party or fool around...both at YJ and school they started the good kids who worked their [lacrosse] off sat the bench. Her favoritism was extremely evident the past few years and if you didn't fool around and she didn't like you she would not give you a second look. Let us not forget how she laughed over the incident last years SEVERAL of her superstars were involved in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coach of the year award should be voted on at end of playoff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened with the football team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened with the football team
don't know. what happened? what did they fire another coach? football team at ESM goes through football coaches like water

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this [lacrosse] still going on? Move on people....we are now going to enter the 2015-16 school year. Go find a campfire to sing around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this [lacrosse] still going on? Move on people....we are now going to enter the 2015-16 school year. Go find a campfire to sing around.
Lmfao. a camp fire. that's funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laughing, singing, drinking....whatever it takes...just move on!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter who graduated a few years ago ran into a younger player today and started a conversation with her. She stated BT was fired my daughter was taken back by this is this true. It's sad if it is the case!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter who graduated a few years ago ran into a younger player today and started a conversation with her. She stated BT was fired my daughter was taken back by this is this true. It's sad if it is the case!!

It's not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not

Nope, nice try Sh@# stirrer. Crawl back into your hole and keep grinding your teeth over the next season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not fired, but won't be at ESM next spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who gets the job then?; the new assistant? seems they like her

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah that's not true either. More BS.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Are you from the ESM district?

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am and she was not fired