BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 55 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Team 91 dad,

Because it's wrong. It's a youth game, not the NCAA championship. To make it worse, the game was not in doubt. Why not give the KIDS the opportunity to play (let alone on that field on national TV) since they paid their freight like everyone else?

We saw in this tournament:

Team 91 actually won a game 30-0. I have never seen a score like that

They ran up the score on everyone except the Crabs

They also kept the starters in nearly the entire game in a game they controlled throughout.

That's all you need to know about this program. No class.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what percent of the time does 91 play zone defense?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91's actions are worse than the Crabs. They gave several of their kids 60 seconds on the field after flying all the way out to Colorado. The game was well in hand early in the 2nd half, yet they kept the same starters in for nearly the entire game.

Great life lessons they taught out there.

Did the Crabs empty their bench early in the 2nd half and concede the game? No, I didn't think so. There were also 5 games played before the final. Do you have the playing time stats for the Crush for all of those games? No, I didn't think so but I'm willing to bet every kid on that team saw a bunch of time at some point in those games. How's this for a life lesson...work hard, practice hard, do your best at all times, be ready whenever called upon and get to be part of an extremely successful team...I think those kids on the Crush who are learning that are going to be extremely successful in whatever they choose to do if they apply that philosophy.
this message was brought to you by the [lacrosse] kissing 91 parents

75% of Team 91's goals came from 5 players. These players were on the field the entire game, with many of them scoring multiple times in the 4th quarter during games in which they were up by 15+ goals. Not sure what other team's scoring distribution looks like but to travel all the way to Colorado on a holiday weekend to watch 5 kids score all the goals has to be frustrating for the other kids on the team that rode the bench. I am sure these five kids will get great looks at college lacrosse programs, but how can anyone sitting on the bench feel good about their prospects? Team 91 culture is to embarrass and run up the score on all opponents. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is poor sportsman ship and in my opinion, not fair to all the other kids on the team that don't get much playing time. Even the top college programs pull out their starters when playing weaker teams out of respect for the game, and the players and coaches of the other teams.

I agree that this was a special event and it would have been nice for all of the kids to get at least a quarter of playing time on national TV, but for some it might be worth it to sacrifice some game time for year-round training with a professional coach who has access to facilities and connections at the next level(s). They wouldn't have had the experience of going to CO and being treated like a big deal if they weren't on the team.

If your son isn't on the team, why do you care?
Been following this thread all week and this is the best line all week. The parents and the kids on this team know exactly what the deal is. Whether you agree or disagree, if the parents and kids don't care then neither should you. If you don't like what 91 does then don't join their organization. If you play for their organization and don't like what is going on, then leave. If you think you are getting value for your dollar then stay.

Agree 100%. I've chosen not to have my kids play for 91, i disagree with the club's culture and approach to lacrosse, but it's a free country and we can all voice our opinions about they do things. I also feel good about calling out the reality that this team in particular runs through 5 kids (plus they have a very strong defensive unit), and the rest are just cheerleaders/sideline brawlers...but you wouldn't know that by listening or watching the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why this team will not be dominant in a few years. Some kids will leave, some will plateau, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't all that often. I heard that on TV. When we've played them it was man to man. Think sometimes they may rest in it that defense because they pressure

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why this team will not be dominant in a few years. Some kids will leave, some will plateau, etc.

This team will be dominant for as long as they want to be dominant. The starters are all excellent players and they coach/play to win every game. My understanding is that all the kids on this team work extremely hard, and my guess is that the kids that don't play much would be starters/big contributors on all the other LI travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91's actions are worse than the Crabs. They gave several of their kids 60 seconds on the field after flying all the way out to Colorado. The game was well in hand early in the 2nd half, yet they kept the same starters in for nearly the entire game.

Did the Crabs empty their bench early in the 2nd half and concede the game? No, I didn't think so. There were also 5 games played before the final. Do you have the playing time stats for the Crush for all of those games? No, I didn't think so but I'm willing to bet every kid on that team saw a bunch of time at some point in those games. How's this for a life lesson...work hard, practice hard, do your best at all times, be ready whenever called upon and get to be part of an extremely successful team...I think those kids on the Crush who are learning that are going to be extremely successful in whatever they choose to do if they apply that philosophy.

75% of Team 91's goals came from 5 players. These players were on the field the entire game, with many of them scoring multiple times in the 4th quarter during games in which they were up by 15+ goals. Not sure what other team's scoring distribution looks like but to travel all the way to Colorado on a holiday weekend to watch 5 kids score all the goals has to be frustrating for the other kids on the team that rode the bench. I am sure these five kids will get great looks at college lacrosse programs, but how can anyone sitting on the bench feel good about their prospects? Team 91 culture is to embarrass and run up the score on all opponents. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is poor sportsman ship and in my opinion, not fair to all the other kids on the team that don't get much playing time. Even the top college programs pull out their starters when playing weaker teams out of respect for the game, and the players and coaches of the other teams.

so about 7 kids scored since 5 kids represented 75% then 2 others (rounding up since common core says you can have 2/3's of a person) scored 25%. I am not sure what coach wouldn't take that. 7 kids scoring.

Actually, 13 different kids (out of 21 field players and including 2 defensemen) scored during the tourney. In order by # of goals - 26, 25, 17, 16, 16, 11, 7, 6, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This team will be dominant for as long as they want to be dominant. The starters are all excellent players and they coach/play to win every game. My understanding is that all the kids on this team work extremely hard, and my guess is that the kids that don't play much would be starters/big contributors on all the other LI travel teams.

The coach's son is a 2022 - curious to see what he will do when the other Crush players age out of travel. May not be much of a challenge to play with and against kids in his grade after playing on this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So this Crush team and only this team will plateau, but every other team and kid will continue to develop ? Doesn't really make sense. I agree there are 4 or so very special players on that team and the reality is not every Crush kid will play at the college level. For now, and I have a feeling going forward for some time, they will continue to be an impressive team and the team to beat in the age group, and are light years ahead of the pack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
30-0???? I just lost whatever little respect I had for the 91 organization.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

so about 7 kids scored since 5 kids represented 75% then 2 others (rounding up since common core says you can have 2/3's of a person) scored 25%. I am not sure what coach wouldn't take that. 7 kids scoring.

Actually, 13 different kids (out of 21 field players and including 2 defensemen) scored during the tourney. In order by # of goals - 26, 25, 17, 16, 16, 11, 7, 6, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1.

Are these jersey numbers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe #of goals for tournament top scorer had 26 goals on down

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I believe #of goals for tournament top scorer had 26 goals on down

Thank you! smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

75% of Team 91's goals came from 5 players. These players were on the field the entire game, with many of them scoring multiple times in the 4th quarter during games in which they were up by 15+ goals. Not sure what other team's scoring distribution looks like but to travel all the way to Colorado on a holiday weekend to watch 5 kids score all the goals has to be frustrating for the other kids on the team that rode the bench. I am sure these five kids will get great looks at college lacrosse programs, but how can anyone sitting on the bench feel good about their prospects? Team 91 culture is to embarrass and run up the score on all opponents. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is poor sportsman ship and in my opinion, not fair to all the other kids on the team that don't get much playing time. Even the top college programs pull out their starters when playing weaker teams out of respect for the game, and the players and coaches of the other teams. [/quote]

so about 7 kids scored since 5 kids represented 75% then 2 others (rounding up since common core says you can have 2/3's of a person) scored 25%. I am not sure what coach wouldn't take that. 7 kids scoring. [/quote]

[/quote]

Are these jersey numbers? [/quote]

No, numbers of goals scored by the 13 goal scorers.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

so about 7 kids scored since 5 kids represented 75% then 2 others (rounding up since common core says you can have 2/3's of a person) scored 25%. I am not sure what coach wouldn't take that. 7 kids scoring. [/quote]

[/quote]

Are these jersey numbers? [/quote]

No, numbers of goals scored by the 13 goal scorers.
[/quote]

Thanks.. wasn't sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DELETED - curious to see what he will do when the other Crush players age out of travel. May not be much of a challenge to play with and against kids in his grade after playing on this team.
2022? The telecast said he was 13. 13 year old 5th grader? That can't be right.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: please do not identify players
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The boy just turned 12, started school late is a 2022. This has been well documented on this site. Enough of that.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I will not tolerate you people dragging down a coach through his son! Bash each other all you want BUT leave the kids out of it.

Enough about this now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team is up 13-2, 6 minutes to go in 4th quarter, goal by team's leading scorer to make it 14-2. Now 2 1/2 minutes left in this squeaker and leading scorer puts in another to make the final 15-2. Was this the terrible, awful Crush?!? Of course not, this was the Crabs in their round robin game against Eclipse. Perhaps you can get off your high horse now since people in glass houses (and yours it quite transparent!) should not throw stones...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Seinfeld Money Grab...it's all about the kids my [lacrosse]...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who started this new trend of August tryouts? Its the one month where in the past we knew we had no lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Team 91 dad,

Because it's wrong. It's a youth game, not the NCAA championship. To make it worse, the game was not in doubt. Why not give the KIDS the opportunity to play (let alone on that field on national TV) since they paid their freight like everyone else?

They also kept the starters in nearly the entire game in a game they controlled throughout.

spoken from a true Crab parent.

They are upset because they got smoked on national TV by their new in county rivals.

Crabs didn't deserve to be there, they are only good with their hold backs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who started this new trend of August tryouts? Its the one month where in the past we knew we had no lacrosse.
yeah that's the lacrosse coaches trying to eliminate football or make it difficult for youth football coaches to even field a practice. it's getting annoying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Team 91 dad,

Because it's wrong. It's a youth game, not the NCAA championship. To make it worse, the game was not in doubt. Why not give the KIDS the opportunity to play (let alone on that field on national TV) since they paid their freight like everyone else?hold backs obviously didn't matter can we stop with this hold back business. how do u complain when your ripping teams by 20 goals. the person brought up the fact that while cruising with a massive lead u don't start emptying the bench. it's done in all levels of sports. when you're ahead in a blow out u start getting other kids in the game. why is that so hard to understand. it's unheard of to keep the starters in when you're blowing a team out. and you all know that too. if 91 told you to jump off a bridge would you do it? my God. so annoying the way you people act. it's like a cult. "Oh we never speak out against the master." I can guarantee those parents who's kids didn't get in that game or barely played are upset. it's not normal not to be upset. they're kids. they're just not on here complaining about it. stop acting like a bunch of tough guys with the oh yeah bro that's how 91 does it up 30-0 keep the foot on the gas....and if you're on the bench get comfortable bit. it's getting old.

They are upset because they got smoked on national TV by their new in county rivals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Team 91 dad,

Because it's wrong. It's a youth game, not the NCAA championship. To make it worse, the game was not in doubt. Why not give the KIDS the opportunity to play (let alone on that field on national TV) since they paid their freight like everyone else?hold backs obviously didn't matter can we stop with this hold back business. how do u complain when your ripping teams by 20 goals. the person brought up the fact that while cruising with a massive lead u don't start emptying the bench. it's done in all levels of sports. when you're ahead in a blow out u start getting other kids in the game. why is that so hard to understand. it's unheard of to keep the starters in when you're blowing a team out. and you all know that too. if 91 told you to jump off a bridge would you do it? my God. so annoying the way you people act. it's like a cult. "Oh we never speak out against the master." I can guarantee those parents who's kids didn't get in that game or barely played are upset. it's not normal not to be upset. they're kids. they're just not on here complaining about it. stop acting like a bunch of tough guys with the oh yeah bro that's how 91 does it up 30-0 keep the foot on the gas....and if you're on the bench get comfortable bit. it's getting old.

And...Crabs benched their regular 2020 kids at the beach so the visiting 2019s could win games for them. Gotta wonder how those kids felt and those parents do not walk away from Crabs or complain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah that's the lacrosse coaches trying to eliminate football or make it difficult for youth football coaches to even field a practice. it's getting annoying

I think it is a great idea. Who needs to be juggling back to school work, try outs and other sports all at once? So football players miss 2 practices? They'd miss them in Sept too, along with soccer players, Ice hockey and all the other sports. Kids shoukd be focusing on school at the beginning of September and not worrying about whether they made the team. I hope it stays this way- better for their academic start, which should be the priority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it is a great idea. Who needs to be juggling back to school work, try outs and other sports all at once? So football players miss 2 practices? They'd miss them in Sept too, along with soccer players, Ice hockey and all the other sports. Kids shoukd be focusing on school at the beginning of September and not worrying about whether they made the team. I hope it stays this way- better for their academic start, which should be the priority.
umm ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Football is on its way out, will be replaced by futball soon enough, they make better lax players anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the silly hype, it had to be pretty extraordinary to be there. My team was middle of the pack at [lacrosse]'s and all our kids and parents had a blast (helped we hit the beach for New Year's).

One team that will be back is the 2021 team from Charlotte. Pretty gutsy for them to go, but having done so they will be sure to be invited back and will know what to expect.

Charlotte is irrelevant. A couple of good kids here and there, but not enough to make a top tier team.

They were very good, fighters, good stick skills. Gave Crush a good game. Going forward, I believe you are wrong and they have great potential!

Well, Team Carolina lost 25-3 to Crush in Denver, so...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Football is on its way out, will be replaced by futball soon enough, they make better lax players anyway.
Lmfaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooo youre on drugs. football ain't going anywhere. u must be one of those people who I grew up with who's parents didn't let them play football cuz it was too dangerous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Team 91 dad,

And...Crabs benched their regular 2020 kids at the beach so the visiting 2019s could win games for them. Gotta wonder how those kids felt and those parents do not walk away from Crabs or complain.
I could care less what the crabs do! I'm from long island....home of 91! I'm talking about them not clearing the bench when blowing teams out. it's classless. period. and you all know it. agreed blah blah blah....if the crabs have hold backs that's garbage too. yay great I said it.....but I'm talking about crush having kids just sit and watch a blow out. at every single level of sports the bench is cleared in a blow out. just goes to show what a tool Spallina is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the silly hype, it had to be pretty extraordinary to be there. My team was middle of the pack at [lacrosse]'s and all our kids and parents had a blast (helped we hit the beach for New Year's).

One team that will be back is the 2021 team from Charlotte. Pretty gutsy for them to go, but having done so they will be sure to be invited back and will know what to expect.

Charlotte is irrelevant. A couple of good kids here and there, but not enough to make a top tier team.

They were very good, fighters, good stick skills. Gave Crush a good game. Going forward, I believe you are wrong and they have great potential!

If you are concerned with how competitive they will be next year, it might be better to look at their 7-6 loss to Igloo Black Ice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lmfaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooo youre on drugs. football ain't going anywhere. u must be one of those people who I grew up with who's parents didn't let them play football cuz it was too dangerous.

football numbers continue to go down every year, soccer numbers continue to rise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are concerned with how competitive they will be next year, it might be better to look at their 7-6 loss to Igloo Black Ice.

You'll see they are a solid team. They played crush better than Sons. Remember they are 2021

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Team 91 dad,

I could care less what the crabs do! I'm from long island....home of 91! I'm talking about them not clearing the bench when blowing teams out. it's classless. period. and you all know it. agreed blah blah blah....if the crabs have hold backs that's garbage too. yay great I said it.....but I'm talking about crush having kids just sit and watch a blow out. at every single level of sports the bench is cleared in a blow out. just goes to show what a tool Spallina is
If the coach was upfront about the play time then what is the problem? Doesn't seem to bother the parents or kids that they don't play, otherwise you would have heard about mass defections from this team. Personally, I think it is wrong and would have given some run to all the players in all the games given the scores, but if it doesn't bother them, then it shouldn't bother you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

football numbers continue to go down every year, soccer numbers continue to rise.
sspoken by a true soccer coach. tell that BS to the multi million dollar empire called the NFL. nice try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one takes a trip all the way to Colorado and be limited in playing time . What planet are you on . Some kids are 13 some are in 5th grade and 6th but they all want to play..I am sure they have heard that they will get more out of my practices then they will in games with other teams. That's the oldest like me in the book. Bottom line if your a parent of a kid that hardly played out there then you should look to another organization for playing time. Wins mean nothing but the game experience can only help your kid. Don't hold back because you want your son to say he is on this or that team . by the way it's crazy seeing kids play zone at this age instead of guarding someone one on one..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one takes a trip all the way to Colorado and be limited in playing time . What planet are you on . Some kids are 13 some are in 5th grade and 6th but they all want to play..I am sure they have heard that they will get more out of my practices then they will in games with other teams. That's the oldest like me in the book. Bottom line if your a parent of a kid that hardly played out there then you should look to another organization for playing time. Wins mean nothing but the game experience can only help your kid. Don't hold back because you want your son to say he is on this or that team . by the way it's crazy seeing kids play zone at this age instead of guarding someone one on one..
yup well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why that team is so good they have been together for so long. They play zone man to man they do it all. Reason is there isn't much turnover on roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they play zone because they do not want their 3 or 4 middies that get to play to get tired who is kidding who. they are strong 1-13 after that there is a huge drop off anybody says differently is just kidding themselves!!! the other 10 kids are wasting there time if they think they are getting better by sitting the bench and getting zero run in practice. wake up that team is built for 5 kids to be showcased it has been proven over and over again. the rest can get there championship tee shirts and wear them proudly we all will see what is what when it matters!!!

Page 42 of 55 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard