BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,212
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 55 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 fall 2015 and spring 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok. So can someone explain. If this is the "World" series Youth Lacrosse what other countries were there? I only see US teams that were "invited". Is it me?

It's just you. I guess you have a problem with MLB calling it the"World" Series too, since there are only a couple Canadian teams eligible outside the US?

They plan to add international teams next year as well as girls teams. Once they get this thing tuned it will be the pinnacle event in youth lax.

Never happen. Baseball is different any region can throw a hammer team together. Plus every game is televised which is cool. If i had no chance of being in the final it would be a waste of money. Next year Sons and igloo are the only real teams that should go. They can beat up on alabama texas utah and montana while the rest of us eat crab and drink natty bo at crabfest

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flying to CO is cost prohibitive for many families. Staging it in the Mid Atlantic makes a lot more sense in terms of an attempt to create a national championship.

Right now, the Crabs bring together the best teams for their tournaments. Like them or not, it's true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to LI Express? Has that club imploded? I thought they were the dominant LI club.

Greed and hubris. Undoing of all empires. Not to mention the mistreatment of most of your customers below the top team. Lesson for all clubs you better have a tiered price by model if you are not going to deliver the same value prop for all levels. Either that or keep it small to 1 team per grade. Business 101.

Teams 2 and 3 subsidize Team 1 in this and many other programs. Teams 2 and 3 are back in coach hoping for some peanuts while Team 1 is up in first class drinking champagne.....Better coaches, many more practices, more and better tournaments, training opportunities, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. So can someone explain. If this is the "World" series Youth Lacrosse what other countries were there? I only see US teams that were "invited". Is it me?

It's just you. I guess you have a problem with MLB calling it the"World" Series too, since there are only a couple Canadian teams eligible outside the US?

They plan to add international teams next year as well as girls teams. Once they get this thing tuned it will be the pinnacle event in youth lax.

Never happen. Baseball is different any region can throw a hammer team together. Plus every game is televised which is cool. If i had no chance of being in the final it would be a waste of money. Next year Sons and igloo are the only real teams that should go. They can beat up on alabama texas utah and montana while the rest of us eat crab and drink natty bo at crabfest

All valid points but the opportunity for teams and kids to have a chance to be on national TV is pretty powerful marketing. Plus I think there will be a deeper field next year because they have more time to organize. We went this year is it was an incredible one time experience for my son and I. He left saying he wished he could go back next year (and he isn't on Crush). Because it's only one tournament and age level per year I think anybody who has a chance to go and doesn't would later regret their decision as their kid ages out of youth lax. If they tune it properly they can get the best competition and a great experience both. The do need the best teams there to legitimize it regardless of where they are located.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the silly hype, it had to be pretty extraordinary to be there. My team was middle of the pack at [lacrosse]'s and all our kids and parents had a blast (helped we hit the beach for New Year's).

One team that will be back is the 2021 team from Charlotte. Pretty gutsy for them to go, but having done so they will be sure to be invited back and will know what to expect.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the silly hype, it had to be pretty extraordinary to be there. My team was middle of the pack at [lacrosse]'s and all our kids and parents had a blast (helped we hit the beach for New Year's).

One team that will be back is the 2021 team from Charlotte. Pretty gutsy for them to go, but having done so they will be sure to be invited back and will know what to expect.

Charlotte is irrelevant. A couple of good kids here and there, but not enough to make a top tier team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Charlotte is irrelevant. A couple of good kids here and there, but not enough to make a top tier team.

They were very good, fighters, good stick skills. Gave Crush a good game. Going forward, I believe you are wrong and they have great potential!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the "I'm not from crush or crabs " but I know everything that happened and was tracking the substitutions of a U13 game That is really sad

What are you talking about many people know a lot about these 2 teams and know the players. Some are from the towns of boys watching and wanted to see their friends play.

That being said it is a game of runs, even tough a big margin was obtained you never know. One team up by half can have things turned around in the 2nd half.

I am just curious how many 14year olds were on the field. I thought U13 was 13 and under (not 14). The announcer stated one Crabs boy turned 14 the other day, so much for a uniform cutoff what are they now arbitrarily making new cutoffs?

Smart one... The cutoff was May 1, 2001. So, anyone born between 5/1/01 and 7/2/01 would be 14 during the tournament. Is that really that hard to comprehend?

Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Team 91. If you want to invade Maryland, tell everyone that you will not allow "holdbacks"'like your parents have been bitching about for years. Also, post your fees and practice schedule....Unless you are #fulldisclosure #team91fullofsit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to LI Express? Has that club imploded? I thought they were the dominant LI club.

Greed and hubris. Undoing of all empires. Not to mention the mistreatment of most of your customers below the top team. Lesson for all clubs you better have a tiered price by model if you are not going to deliver the same value prop for all levels. Either that or keep it small to 1 team per grade. Business 101.

Teams 2 and 3 subsidize Team 1 in this and many other programs. Teams 2 and 3 are back in coach hoping for some peanuts while Team 1 is up in first class drinking champagne.....Better coaches, many more practices, more and better tournaments, training opportunities, etc.

This would be a fine analogy except that in the club model, the coach seats cost as much as the first class seats. Who would ever buy a 2nd or 3rd class experience for a first class price. Not sustainable. Once one club goes to a tiered pricing model and starts drawing families they will all fall in line. What do you mean the 2nd and 3rd teams subsidizes the 1st. Does that mean that the first class seats are free?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Team 91. If you want to invade Maryland, tell everyone that you will not allow "holdbacks"'like your parents have been bitching about for years. Also, post your fees and practice schedule....Unless you are #fulldisclosure #team91fullofsit

Yes Crush can dominate but it's amazing what happens when they play a good 2019 a team and how much they struggle due to the physical nature of the kids one grade older...And those teams don't have to be tops in the 2019 A's ..it's a reality check for those boys and any kids that are 2020...one year makes a big difference in lacrosse. That's why some kids struggle when they get to HS age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the "I'm not from crush or crabs " but I know everything that happened and was tracking the substitutions of a U13 game That is really sad

What are you talking about many people know a lot about these 2 teams and know the players. Some are from the towns of boys watching and wanted to see their friends play.

That being said it is a game of runs, even tough a big margin was obtained you never know. One team up by half can have things turned around in the 2nd half.

I am just curious how many 14year olds were on the field. I thought U13 was 13 and under (not 14). The announcer stated one Crabs boy turned 14 the other day, so much for a uniform cutoff what are they now arbitrarily making new cutoffs?

Smart one... The cutoff was May 1, 2001. So, anyone born between 5/1/01 and 7/2/01 would be 14 during the tournament. Is that really that hard to comprehend?

Hardly a U13 tournament as billed if you have a single 14 year old on the field...just saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch the Little League World Series for baseball. Many of the boys will have just had a birthday or will soon turn 14. It's the nature of the beast if you do not make the tournament start date the cutoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91's actions are worse than the Crabs. They gave several of their kids 60 seconds on the field after flying all the way out to Colorado. The game was well in hand early in the 2nd half, yet they kept the same starters in for nearly the entire game.

Great life lessons they taught out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Crush can dominate but it's amazing what happens when they play a good 2019 a team and how much they struggle due to the physical nature of the kids one grade older...And those teams don't have to be tops in the 2019 A's ..it's a reality check for those boys and any kids that are 2020...one year makes a big difference in lacrosse. That's why some kids struggle when they get to HS age

Have you seen them play 2019? The games they played this year they won. I think they have to work harder, but they don't struggle. Fact is, playing up a year for any team can be risky, as you don't know how many holdbacks they have an you can be playing kids more than a year older. I do think a year makes a big difference across the board, especially for your avg players/teams, which is why a coach playing a bunch of kids down makes his own team look great. I'm pretty sure those boys are going to be sought after in HS, even if they are smaller in stature. Eventually everyone will go through puberty and level out. Lax IQ definitely wins out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91's actions are worse than the Crabs. They gave several of their kids 60 seconds on the field after flying all the way out to Colorado. The game was well in hand early in the 2nd half, yet they kept the same starters in for nearly the entire game.

I'd love to see the stats that you are referring to. Please do let us all know how you looked up each kids playing time. Is your son on this team or are you just obsessing over a team you have no connection to? Please do share and enlighten us all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did the Crabs empty their bench early in the 2nd half and concede the game? No, I didn't think so. There were also 5 games played before the final. Do you have the playing time stats for the Crush for all of those games? No, I didn't think so but I'm willing to bet every kid on that team saw a bunch of time at some point in those games. How's this for a life lesson...work hard, practice hard, do your best at all times, be ready whenever called upon and get to be part of an extremely successful team...I think those kids on the Crush who are learning that are going to be extremely successful in whatever they choose to do if they apply that philosophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they follow the NY model they will have no holdbacks and make their kids commit to year round lacrosse. Probably not a recipe for success in MD. I'm surprised they don't get more heat on this forum for forcing kids to specialize in lax which goes against the grain of every D1 coach and sports physican.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did the Crabs empty their bench early in the 2nd half and concede the game? No, I didn't think so. There were also 5 games played before the final. Do you have the playing time stats for the Crush for all of those games? No, I didn't think so but I'm willing to bet every kid on that team saw a bunch of time at some point in those games. How's this for a life lesson...work hard, practice hard, do your best at all times, be ready whenever called upon and get to be part of an extremely successful team...I think those kids on the Crush who are learning that are going to be extremely successful in whatever they choose to do if they apply that philosophy.
this message was brought to you by the [lacrosse] kissing 91 parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they follow the NY model they will have no holdbacks and make their kids commit to year round lacrosse. Probably not a recipe for success in MD. I'm surprised they don't get more heat on this forum for forcing kids to specialize in lax which goes against the grain of every D1 coach and sports physican.

Ignorance is bliss. You have no clue. LI kids play multi sports and practices get shuffled around to accommodate those sports- but then again, the kids can play more than one sport at a time, get good grades and still have a social life. The majority of kids play soccer, football, baseball, ice hockey and basketball as they also train for lax. Not only are they playing at a high level in lax, they are on travel teams for these other sports as well. So please don't speak unless you know the facts. Assuming and spouting off is a bad trait in any forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

75% of Team 91's goals came from 5 players. These players were on the field the entire game, with many of them scoring multiple times in the 4th quarter during games in which they were up by 15+ goals. Not sure what other team's scoring distribution looks like but to travel all the way to Colorado on a holiday weekend to watch 5 kids score all the goals has to be frustrating for the other kids on the team that rode the bench. I am sure these five kids will get great looks at college lacrosse programs, but how can anyone sitting on the bench feel good about their prospects? Team 91 culture is to embarrass and run up the score on all opponents. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is poor sportsman ship and in my opinion, not fair to all the other kids on the team that don't get much playing time. Even the top college programs pull out their starters when playing weaker teams out of respect for the game, and the players and coaches of the other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wrote that message, my kid does not play for 91 but I am trying to instill the obvious work ethic and dedication shown by the kids on the Crush in him as that will lead to a far happier and more successful life than he will find by emulating someone posting bitter and resentful messages on a youth lacrosse board since their method of laying around all day, accepting no responsibility for any actions and blaming everyone else for their failures somehow didn't translate to that happy and successful life they felt entitled to. Go figure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wrote that message, my kid does not play for 91 but I am trying to instill the obvious work ethic and dedication shown by the kids on the Crush in him as that will lead to a far happier and more successful life than he will find by emulating someone posting bitter and resentful messages on a youth lacrosse board since their method of laying around all day, accepting no responsibility for any actions and blaming everyone else for their failures somehow didn't translate to that happy and successful life they felt entitled to. Go figure.

No I wrote that..you sound ridiculous..the point is 91 tried to make a point so when they start the program in Maryland why play for the Crabs when you can play for 91 . The fact is those 91 kids were being used to help sell the program to Maryland kids . Sounds crazy but think about it. It does make sense . Keep pouring it on so it looks good. In reality it's embarrassing but 13 year old lacrosse is cut throat and only the very strongest survive and will take no prisoners along the way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ignorance is bliss. You have no clue. LI kids play multi sports and practices get shuffled around to accommodate those sports- but then again, the kids can play more than one sport at a time, get good grades and still have a social life. The majority of kids play soccer, football, baseball, ice hockey and basketball as they also train for lax. Not only are they playing at a high level in lax, they are on travel teams for these other sports as well. So please don't speak unless you know the facts. Assuming and spouting off is a bad trait in any forum.

Being QB of the flag football team doesn't count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot of kids that work hard. At U13 some are better than others. Some are bigger than others. No one is saying that the kids should be handed anything.

What most posters have an issue with is that in the final game - when the game was over by double digits - the coach kept the same players in and did not substitute the rest of the kids. Would those other kids liked to have been on National TV - I am sure they would have. Did they work just as hard as the other kids - I am sure they did. Are they as good as the Top 5 - probably not.

However, what message does it say to these boys. "Sorry guys, it's more important to ME and more important to 91 to run up the score on another team on National TV rather than reward you with some quality playing time."

I'm a coach and I know that playing time is not always equal - especially in tight games. This was not a tight game. This was a blowout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Daughter plays for the Crush coach at Stonybrook. Now I understand why she will never win a championship. He is too busy traveling with the Lizards and his Crush team while other coaches are attending summer tournies recruiting. My next email is to the Athletic Director at Stonybrook

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No I wrote that..you sound ridiculous..the point is 91 tried to make a point so when they start the program in Maryland why play for the Crabs when you can play for 91 . The fact is those 91 kids were being used to help sell the program to Maryland kids . Sounds crazy but think about it. It does make sense . Keep pouring it on so it looks good. In reality it's embarrassing but 13 year old lacrosse is cut throat and only the very strongest survive and will take no prisoners along the way

If LI lacrosse is so "Superior" then why are you starting a team in MD. Stay the F away. We don't need or want another team here. Especially one that plays this way. This is simply a money play by the Spalina brothers. Plain and simple. Post your fees, coaches and practice schedules. #moneygrab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

75% of Team 91's goals came from 5 players. These players were on the field the entire game, with many of them scoring multiple times in the 4th quarter during games in which they were up by 15+ goals. Not sure what other team's scoring distribution looks like but to travel all the way to Colorado on a holiday weekend to watch 5 kids score all the goals has to be frustrating for the other kids on the team that rode the bench. I am sure these five kids will get great looks at college lacrosse programs, but how can anyone sitting on the bench feel good about their prospects? Team 91 culture is to embarrass and run up the score on all opponents. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is poor sportsman ship and in my opinion, not fair to all the other kids on the team that don't get much playing time. Even the top college programs pull out their starters when playing weaker teams out of respect for the game, and the players and coaches of the other teams.

I agree that this was a special event and it would have been nice for all of the kids to get at least a quarter of playing time on national TV, but for some it might be worth it to sacrifice some game time for year-round training with a professional coach who has access to facilities and connections at the next level(s). They wouldn't have had the experience of going to CO and being treated like a big deal if they weren't on the team.

If your son isn't on the team, why do you care?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Likely two messages with the "pouring it on" - first, as you said, seeling the new program....but second, payback for bringing kids DOWN to beat Crush a few weeks earlier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Daughter plays for the Crush coach at Stonybrook. Now I understand why she will never win a championship. He is too busy traveling with the Lizards and his Crush team while other coaches are attending summer tournies recruiting. My next email is to the Athletic Director at Stonybrook

Sure she does. If that was true, you would know that it's Stony Brook (2 words).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I seriously doubt your daughter even goes to Stony Brook much less plays lacrosse there. Probably don't even have a daughter. And we get that you hate JS. But look at the facts. The year before he arrived at Stony Brook, the women's team went 4-11. Since then 14-5, 17-3, 17-4 and 18-2 with a #6 national ranking. He has done a tremendous job with that program and Stony Brook is fortunate to have him. Look for something else negative to say in your campaign against JS since this dog won't hunt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We can dislike all we want but one things for certain Stony Brook seems to be doing just fine.. I believe they were one of the worst teams around pre JS and were in the top 10 this year. Recruiting seems to be going pretty well. Are we really digging that hard lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed daughter does not play for SB. I have spoke to SB girls and they love playing for JS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[.

No I wrote that..you sound ridiculous..the point is 91 tried to make a point so when they start the program in Maryland why play for the Crabs when you can play for 91 . The fact is those 91 kids were being used to help sell the program to Maryland kids . Sounds crazy but think about it. It does make sense . Keep pouring it on so it looks good. In reality it's embarrassing but 13 year old lacrosse is cut throat and only the very strongest survive and will take no prisoners along the way [/quote]

91 absolutely made a statement to MD lacrosse by destroying Crabs on national Television. 91 played that way the entire tournament, they didn't change their game plan for Crabs in any way.

Crabs shouldn't have even been there, their team without the hold backs isn't the top team in MD. Crabs were second choice, the first choice had already committed money to another tournament.

Crabs organization did this to their own players, sending a team to this tournament that is average at best without the holdback ringers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure she does. If that was true, you would know that it's Stony Brook (2 words).

Should he be out there at these recruiting tournaments? The goal is to stay coaching until their kids go thru the colleges ..It will save them money for no tuition..doesn't take a genius to figure it out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If LI lacrosse is so "Superior" then why are you starting a team in MD. Stay the F away. We don't need or want another team here. Especially one that plays this way. This is simply a money play by the Spalina brothers. Plain and simple. Post your fees, coaches and practice schedules. #moneygrab

This message brought to you by a scared and freaked out MD club director that might actually have to get a real job when 91 takes over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so about 7 kids scored since 5 kids represented 75% then 2 others (rounding up since common core says you can have 2/3's of a person) scored 25%. I am not sure what coach wouldn't take that. 7 kids scoring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen him recruiting not sure how he does it all but he does at a very high level pretty miraculous , SB was a great story this year. Also most kids are LI bred. Think his relationship with the YJ helps too lol. Intense fun guy, not what I anticipated from reading this type of stuff. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree that this was a special event and it would have been nice for all of the kids to get at least a quarter of playing time on national TV, but for some it might be worth it to sacrifice some game time for year-round training with a professional coach who has access to facilities and connections at the next level(s). They wouldn't have had the experience of going to CO and being treated like a big deal if they weren't on the team.

If your son isn't on the team, why do you care?
Been following this thread all week and this is the best line all week. The parents and the kids on this team know exactly what the deal is. Whether you agree or disagree, if the parents and kids don't care then neither should you. If you don't like what 91 does then don't join their organization. If you play for their organization and don't like what is going on, then leave. If you think you are getting value for your dollar then stay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a lot of kids that work hard. At U13 some are better than others. Some are bigger than others. No one is saying that the kids should be handed anything.

What most posters have an issue with is that in the final game - when the game was over by double digits - the coach kept the same players in and did not substitute the rest of the kids. Would those other kids liked to have been on National TV - I am sure they would have. Did they work just as hard as the other kids - I am sure they did. Are they as good as the Top 5 - probably not.

However, what message does it say to these boys. "Sorry guys, it's more important to ME and more important to 91 to run up the score on another team on National TV rather than reward you with some quality playing time."

I'm a coach and I know that playing time is not always equal - especially in tight games. This was not a tight game. This was a blowout.

Well said, that has been my point. My favorite line of the 91 parents is, well if your kid worked harder... Like they have the corner market on it... And, I guess only a few kids on that team work hard? Again, I could have understood the lack of playing time for some if the game was tight, but it wasn't. And, if this team is really that great, all players should have been on the field. However, it is very obvious that they have some very dominant players (and no on is debating it), but they are surrounded by a bunch of decent players, clearly everyone on that team is not a star

Page 41 of 55 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard