BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 86 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't forget how he charges his family over $300 a month just to reach out to colleges on behalf of those families. What a concept - charge hundreds of dollars a month for something other clubs do for fre.

I think you are reading that wrong, that package you are talking about is for a kid that does not play for Madlax and wants someone to do recruiting services for them. They do charge a monthly fee that other clubs do not charge but it goes from 50$ a month then 75$ then 100$. And the assumption is this money goes to pay the coaches. I can confirm they all get paid but how much I do not know. I have compared what I pay to what VLC,Next level and some of the others charge and it works out to like 1500$ more for a complete year of lacrosse. And the funny part is I have never met a Lacrosse parent that does not have the money. The money for all the clubs is nuts. So one team is 2000$ a year and the other is 3500$ a year. And any of the clubs that go with the 750$ a year model are being coached by Dads and Rec coaches.

1. I know a former Madlax family. While they were with Madlax, they tried to get the owner to make calls for them by paying the fee. Owner turned them down, saying that their kid wasn't D1 material. Then the kid got better and owner changed his mind, and they paid him a monthly fee for a time on top of the other Madlax fees. Decides to leave for a different club and now the kid will be playing for a high D1 school this fall. Feels fortunate that they left Madlax.

2. The fee isn't to pay the coaches - the fee goes straight to the bottom line (i.e. the owner's pockets).

So he was wrong about a kid and his skill, he thought he was not D1 so he did not take the parents money based on his thoughts. But he is all about the money and the bottom line. So this would mean he would of took the money and made calls even thought he felt the kid was not D1.
And also until the other clubs lay out what it cost and what you get for that money like Madlax does on a open website its all hearsay. I am sure its the most or close to the most but by how much. And once again the kid and his skill gets him into D1. The club team gives him a place to show his skill. These cold calls people want there coach to make is just nuts.

The cost of Madlax is far above what people pay for Blackwolf, VLC, etc. Not even close.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The cost of what all of you are paying is too much. $1500-$2000 for a fall season involving a few practices and 2-3 one day tournaments is not a good value. Same for 4 weeks of summer lacrosse is not a great value either. If you are a VLC or a Blackwolf parent chances are you are buying more lacrosse than just your club fees, and those events are also expensive for what they are. I can rent a turf field for $95 an hour and have done so a few times for kids' soccer parties. Over a club team practicing 2x 25 roster kids, those field rentals they keep talking about being expensive works out to less than $4 per kid per 2 hour training session.

My son got a scholarship to a top lacrosse program and it is $12,000 for the first year. That still leaves over $40,000 a year to pay. Good that it is a great school, but if any of you are doing this for a return on investment you'll be pretty disappointed later. I find it silly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know of a single family taking on the expense of club lacrosse for ROI--not measured monetarily, anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 national team in the finals of young guns. Beat crabs by one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax 2019 over Edge 9-8 in Championship.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make sure you always say National Madlax team. I do not want to hear how we cheated and lied. This team is mostly the local Orange team with 6 or so players from the partner programs. Anyone can check the real numbers on Madlaxs open to the public site if you want to check.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make sure you always say National Madlax team. I do not want to hear how we cheated and lied. This team is mostly the local Orange team with 6 or so players from the partner programs. Anyone can check the real numbers on Madlaxs open to the public site if you want to check.

So many teams - so hard to keep track...HAHAHA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to 2019 mad lax....they are the team to beat in that year group.

Serious question: what is going to happen now in northern va club lax?

Madlax could barely support one AA team per year group this year, but they seem to be expanding to have a MD AA team and a VA AA team. Will this work? What will this do to the other nova clubs like freedom and VLC? 2020's and 2021's seem pretty weak to me in northern va. Does the market expand quite a bit around the 7th and 8th grade years? No one seems to offer very good value in Va as far as youth clubs...mad lax is very pricey, VLC not committed to the youth at all, Cavs play in really crappy tourneys. Other clubs seem a little fleeting. Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to 2019 mad lax....they are the team to beat in that year group.

Serious question: what is going to happen now in northern va club lax?

Madlax could barely support one AA team per year group this year, but they seem to be expanding to have a MD AA team and a VA AA team. Will this work? What will this do to the other nova clubs like freedom and VLC? 2020's and 2021's seem pretty weak to me in northern va. Does the market expand quite a bit around the 7th and 8th grade years? No one seems to offer very good value in Va as far as youth clubs...mad lax is very pricey, VLC not committed to the youth at all, Cavs play in really crappy tourneys. Other clubs seem a little fleeting. Why?

I agree with 90 to 95 % of this post. I am hoping as a Madlax dad that with the new VA club the prices come down some. And at the least the practices and off season leagues are going to be more local. In VA it should not be that hard for them to maintain what they have if you look at each roster it only has 3 to 5 MD kids on it at the most. A down side of being around for so long is that Madlax has cut more kids over the years then all these clubs combined. So when you cut a kid you lose his 2 younger brothers because dad is mad. All these smaller clubs where formed by dads of kids that where cut from Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the total cost per year for madlax? Like fall thru summer with whatever winter option they have?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the age requirements work for tournaments such as yesterday's in Baltimore? Age or class year? I saw a kid playing yesterday at a 2019 game and I swear I saw him at a JV game this past spring. Thanks for any info, just trying to figure if there are different rules for tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the total cost per year for madlax? Like fall thru summer with whatever winter option they have?

Well first you have the 50$,75$ or 100$ a monthly charge. So that adds up to 900$ for the 75$ age. Middle school age teams. Summer was 1500$ for 90% of the teams. Spring was 750$ I think someone correct that if I am wrong. And in the fall for the sunday league games I think its $250 But that will change because of the new State model. Then you have the 3 fall tournaments which is $750. Now for winter there is the North stars box travel team which is 2500K or so but then they have the Madlax box league which is around $250. So lets try to add this all up. I am coming up with a number around 4400k for a complete 12 months of Madlax lacrosse. This is you doing everything minus the North Stars box travel team. Now you have to add in the travel and hotels. So if you really want to come up with a number I would say $5000 if you round down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the age requirements work for tournaments such as yesterday's in Baltimore? Age or class year? I saw a kid playing yesterday at a 2019 game and I swear I saw him at a JV game this past spring. Thanks for any info, just trying to figure if there are different rules for tournaments.

This is funny I know you know who you are talking about. But I will play your game. This kid was at a Public school as a 9th grader. He is going to be going to a Private high school this Fall as a 9th grader again. So by grad year rules he is a 2019.
He has played with the 2018 this whole summer but he is on the 2019 Madalx National team. And everyone may start with the commits now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And there is another on the 2019 Madlax National Team who was 2018 all year and will continue into 10th grade in public school this fall (class of 2018) but has "reclassified" to 2019 for Club purposes by saying he will do a PG year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has more holdbacks on their rosters than the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny I know you know who you are talking about. But I will play your game. This kid was at a Public school as a 9th grader. He is going to be going to a Private high school this Fall as a 9th grader again. So by grad year rules he is a 2019.
He has played with the 2018 this whole summer but he is on the 2019 Madalx National team. And everyone may start with the commits now!

Is there also a player that is a rising 10th grader but he plays with the 2019 team because he is planning to do a PG year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Billy Madison is going to play with MadLax 2020 in the fall...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And there is another on the 2019 Madlax National Team who was 2018 all year and will continue into 10th grade in public school this fall (class of 2018) but has "reclassified" to 2019 for Club purposes by saying he will do a PG year.

If true, that is clearly a violation of the rules and Madlax should have their tournament wins vacated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax also has a 2020 kid (going into 8th) who is playing on their 2021 AA team. That is a clear violation of rules, yet they are breaking them by having a rising 8th grader play on a rising 7th grade team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If true, that is clearly a violation of the rules and Madlax should have their tournament wins vacated.

Are you insane? Wins vacated? Make a 30 on 3o about it. Call it "the lost T shirt"

This happens all over country. Tournaments, parents and most importantly college coaches, don't care. 17 year old college freshman or 20 year old college freshman! Doesn't matter to them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That stinks for the 2019 teams that played by the rules. Does the tournament director not check these things? I thought 2019 meant only class of 2019 (or younger) could be on the team(s).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you insane? Wins vacated? Make a 30 on 3o about it. Call it "the lost T shirt"

This happens all over country. Tournaments, parents and most importantly college coaches, don't care. 17 year old college freshman or 20 year old college freshman! Doesn't matter to them!

As a parent of a 2019 player in the tournament, I definitely care that another program had a 2018 player playing for them. That is blatantly cheating. You are condoning having a 2018 player on a 2019 team during a tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone needs to tell the Crabs about this cheating. No wonder Madlax won it all. Their 2019 team isn't that great. Having an older kid explains how they were able to win it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent of a 2019 player in the tournament, I definitely care that another program had a 2018 player playing for them. That is blatantly cheating. You are condoning having a 2018 player on a 2019 team during a tournament?

No. I think it is wrong and absolutely cheating. Unfortunately it is what goes on. Clubs are encouraging it. Flat out telling you to do it. Would never let my son do it, but if you look to "vacate" every win of every team you play who has a reclass, holdback or future PG kid, you will spend years being frustrated and wasting time and energy on something that will not change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone needs to tell the Crabs about this cheating. No wonder Madlax won it all. Their 2019 team isn't that great. Having an older kid explains how they were able to win it.

That is funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I figured crabnation would come knocking quickly to divert attention from their own debacle of a program. These programs that cheat and twist and bend rules should be ashamed, but their not. They should be policed, but they won't be. I am thankful that I came to the game during a time of great on field development and it was still about playing hard and grabbing a beer or a soda afterwards, I'm thankful my boys came to the game during a great time of expansion and got to benefit from playing kids outside of their region before they got to college. I'm even more thankful that I only have one left in high school and I can leave this rat race soon and just watch them play college into club ball and maybe one of them in the MLL if it happens. What saddens me and make me sick to my stomach is the thought of what will become of this great game for my grandchildren. I think people should be ashamed of what they have done to this game in the name of proving who is better than who, what state is better than the other, destroying this game for just outright greed is a sin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. I think it is wrong and absolutely cheating. Unfortunately it is what goes on. Clubs are encouraging it. Flat out telling you to do it. Would never let my son do it, but if you look to "vacate" every win of every team you play who has a reclass, holdback or future PG kid, you will spend years being frustrated and wasting time and energy on something that will not change.

Having a kid who reclassed is one thing. Have a kid who is still in a grade above a team of kids is another. That is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the main kid getting hurt by this is the kid on age and small for his age. Who has not hit his growth spurt yet. This is the kid who is being cut or benched for a older kid stealing his spot. That is the real issue. The main thing is for your kids to become better players. And my small on age son is getting benched and not getting better. He should be on the field but if you count up the 30 reclass kids at 2019 from the 10 top clubs thats a lot of starting spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't like the reclass/holdback players but realize there is nothing that can be done about them. In this instance, a rising 10th grader - who plans to do a PG year - is playing on a rising 9th grade team. He has not reclassified, he is playing down and that is in violation of the rules. Can I say that my son "might" do a PG year and let him play with a 2020 team in his next tournament? Heck no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We can spread the word about these cheaters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Subjecting these kids to such abject vitriol is bad. The parents decide these outcomes and the kid pays a price. Really sad.

One question I have is why are no more club tournaments US Lacrosse sanctioned? I have not registered any of my sons for a lacrosse tournament needing their US Lacrosse registration numbers in almost two years. What purpose is US Lacrosse serving now to even exist as a sanctioning body or regulator for the sport? Seems very clear those are not roles they are filling right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Subjecting these kids to such abject vitriol is bad. The parents decide these outcomes and the kid pays a price. Really sad.

One question I have is why are no more club tournaments US Lacrosse sanctioned? I have not registered any of my sons for a lacrosse tournament needing their US Lacrosse registration numbers in almost two years. What purpose is US Lacrosse serving now to even exist as a sanctioning body or regulator for the sport? Seems very clear those are not roles they are filling right now.

US Lacrosse was simply the original money grab, don't recall any of these issues before you had to pay 35 dollars a year for your kid to play lacrosse or to coach or 25 dollars to be a supportive parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn't anything offensive about US Lacrosse doing memberships that cost $25 or $35. The problem is my kids who did different sports have US Soccer, US Hockey and US Swimming cards past or present and with those organizations I get it. Those two administer the sport and the sport follows. US Lacrosse I just don't get it. A safety crisis comes up like the helmet certification and all US Lacrosse does is put an editorial on their website about it. Age verification is very simple to do if US Lacrosse wanted to execute on it, but they won't and again just put preachy letters on topic on the website. US Soccer and US Swimming have kicked coaches out of the sport for sanctions like cheating age groups. Cheating grades is the same thing. A 9th grade team can't have a 10th grader or and 11th grader on it just because there is an argument that the kid intends to do some post graduate years before entering college. If lacrosse were an Olympic sport the USOC would kick US Lacrosse to the curb and get new people in to run it. One problem as I see it is lacrosse isn't at that real sport level and therefore is run like a private club that can do whatever it wants and go tone deaf on whatever is wants to ignore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn't anything offensive about US Lacrosse doing memberships that cost $25 or $35. The problem is my kids who did different sports have US Soccer, US Hockey and US Swimming cards past or present and with those organizations I get it. Those two administer the sport and the sport follows. US Lacrosse I just don't get it. A safety crisis comes up like the helmet certification and all US Lacrosse does is put an editorial on their website about it. Age verification is very simple to do if US Lacrosse wanted to execute on it, but they won't and again just put preachy letters on topic on the website. US Soccer and US Swimming have kicked coaches out of the sport for sanctions like cheating age groups. Cheating grades is the same thing. A 9th grade team can't have a 10th grader or and 11th grader on it just because there is an argument that the kid intends to do some post graduate years before entering college. If lacrosse were an Olympic sport the USOC would kick US Lacrosse to the curb and get new people in to run it. One problem as I see it is lacrosse isn't at that real sport level and therefore is run like a private club that can do whatever it wants and go tone deaf on whatever is wants to ignore.

Nicely said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has illegal players on nearly every roster in their club. How are they getting away with it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has illegal players on nearly every roster in their club. How are they getting away with it?

How do you define illegal? If you repeat a grade when is the date you can join the kids from the grade you just repeated back to. First day of summer? First day of school? Where are these rules written down to follow for reclass/repeat kids? I agree there are kids who have reclassed or started school late, and as much as this sucks for my kid. Is it really illegal or just crappy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See poster above...Spot on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you define illegal? If you repeat a grade when is the date you can join the kids from the grade you just repeated back to. First day of summer? First day of school? Where are these rules written down to follow for reclass/repeat kids? I agree there are kids who have reclassed or started school late, and as much as this sucks for my kid. Is it really illegal or just crappy?

Just crappy. Naturally the ones who benefit from this see no problem with it, everyone else wonders how this is allowed to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it's crappy. tournaments hopefully will start adding language in that specifies that grade goes by whichever grade the kid was in the past school year. And they should add a limit for age -- May 1 like they did for the denver thing sounds reasonable. Our friends from NY would have legitimate grip since their school cutoff is december and holdbacks up there are fall bdays not summer. But it would be progress and would limit the age differences. They would probably just need to have u15 guideline for 8th grade

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 86 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard