BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely not, but unfortunately it is in the fabric of LI travel lacrosse. This topic has been beat to death. Bringing in ringers (older/same age) is cheating, period. My son's old program had the chutzpah to bring in a ringer for a tournery under the notion we were short players. Funny, my son and the rest of the 2nd and 3rd line mids were all there. They all could have moved up 1 line and we would have been fine. Instead they bring in some kid who is a year older, start him over the kids on the team! Did I mention he (ringer) brought a friend along for support. He also started and played while our kids sat. We "won" the tournament and yes, the picture went up on the web minus the ringers! I moved on right after that charade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In case people out there didnt notice the 2015 hot Shotz team has beat Express Orange, tied Express Orange?? (dont really see a difference between the two teams, beat fl$, as well as many of the other teams in that age group. Way to go Wantagh Hot Shotz. The only difference between the two Express teams is the coaching. Korwan is a class act who understands a kids and parents situation when they have to choose between playing for Express or their Town team. Thats when a mans true colors come out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In case people out there didnt notice the 2015 hot Shotz team has beat Express Orange, tied Express Orange?? (dont really see a difference between the two teams, beat fl$, as well as many of the other teams in that age group. Way to go Wantagh Hot Shotz. The only difference between the two Express teams is the coaching. Korwan is a class act who understands a kids and parents situation when they have to choose between playing for Express or their Town team. Thats when a mans true colors come out.

2015 vs 2017 and you're thumping your chest? Something is wrong here. If you are a town team, great job but hit up some same age kids next time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2015 vs 2017 and you're thumping your chest? Something is wrong here. If you are a town team, great job but hit up some same age kids next time.

So a bunch of 9th graders beat a 7th grade team? Imagine if the Express 2017 was bragging about beating a 5th grade team? This board would explode!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mistake. The hotshotz are a 2017 team. not a 9th grade team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mistake. The hotshotz are a 2017 team. not a 9th grade team.

Ok, then nice job!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there more than one 2017 Hotshotz team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there more than one 2017 Hotshotz team?

No

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
team seems to be coached very well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know anything about RECON U-15

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before responding, please know these questions are not directed at any individual club/program There is a lot of lacrosse experience and knowledge on this board. In addition to being helpful for LI parents and players it is a great read for non "hotbed" people looking to learn from others experience.

For an "Elite" travel team with 3 coaches (HC + 2 assistants) how many "Daddy" coaches are okay? Does it change your opinion if daddy does not coach his son's position? Assume daddy is lacrosse knowledgable

For an "Elite" travel team with 22 players (6 Defense, 9 Middies, 6 Attack and 1 Goalie) what should play time expectation be for the 2nd Attack and Defense lines as well as the 3rd Middie line? If you assume 22 minute running clock per half and 5 games per weekend.

How many minutes per game?
How many games should you get on the field?

Does this change if the 4th, 5th, 6th attack are very close to the 2nd/3rd?
What if there is a big drop off in talent?

Problem with parents coaching these travel teams are regardless of the coaches sons talent they are generally the faceoff kid, they are on man up, they are on the field with time running out. When they play poorly they aren't treated the same as kids whose parents are standing on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find with Dad coaches you either get coach kid ball or the coaches son gets treated like a red headed step child. My town team the coaches son actualy probably does not play enough. That being said, any travel team worth its salt will NOT have parent coaches. I think its huge mistake. A travel team can base play on talent or can do it by minutes regardless, as long as they are UP FRONT in the beginning

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw at the JDRF a kid go from Defense to Attack. It was in the 8th grade division at Birch Lane School. He was a big kid so you couldn't miss him. He was arguing with his dad, who was the coach, about man down unit. Then about 5 minutes later he was playing lefty attack. They had around 25 kids on the sidelines. I would have been pissed about that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy Coaches???
I love this line, you are either a good coach or not, end of conversation.
You think they say that about Danowski? Coach Desko?
Coaches simply need to be held accountable, some of these guys are extremely knowledgeable and when they have a kid on team they usually care more and whole team benefits. Not fair to paint them all with the same brush

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
expect, tough statement, depends on game situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy Coaches???
Coaches simply need to be held accountable, some of these guys are extremely knowledgeable and when they have a kid on team they usually care more and whole team benefits. Not fair to paint them all with the same brush

For every 2 elite college coaches who happen to of had sons play for them, we have all seen hundreds of daddy ballers who look out for their son over the team and over developing the 20 other children they agreed to coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy Coaches???
Dino & Desko sons were/are both great players and Im sure they were as youth. So your example is a bad one. If your kid is a lesser talented player, u shouldn't coach. Otherwise typical agendas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please realize at the end of the day,Dad just cares about is own son. My kid for five years made the three attack coaches kids look great, and the coaches alway say we love your kid. Guess what now that it is time for trying out for different blue chip camps, etc, I find out there kids went and make the team, not one of them told me about it. Bottom line look out for your own kid. IN Lacrosse its every man for himself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said, you need to take responsibility for the development of your own son. That's just a reality. Wether he's a potential D1 kid, or kid who just wants to keep playing and make the HS team you need to take control of things. No coach, in PAL, Travel or School really cares about your kid the way you do. If you think differently, your kidding yourself. Not saying there aren't dedicated coaches out there. However, there is no other place like LI when it comes to competition for lacrosse. It truly is dog eat dog. The sooner you understand this the better prepared you'll be to navigate this crazy sport for your son!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more, well said, well spoken. Pay attention to everything, gather information constantly, and make the best decisions possible based on your end goal. You cannot be concerned about other peoples feelings. Trust me when I tell you there are almost no travel program directors out there (now that they are popping up all over) that will not sell out your kid for a better player. Loyalty in travel lacrosse has become nearly extinct. Thank god it still counts in the real world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more, well said, well spoken. Pay attention to everything, gather information constantly, and make the best decisions possible based on your end goal. You cannot be concerned about other peoples feelings. Trust me when I tell you there are almost no travel program directors out there (now that they are popping up all over) that will not sell out your kid for a better player. Loyalty in travel lacrosse has become nearly extinct. Thank god it still counts in the real world.

Loyalty? Sellout? These are tryout teams that strive to take the best kids each year. Want loyalty.. get a dog

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loyalty? Sellout? These are tryout teams that strive to take the best kids each year. Want loyalty.. get a dog

I think what the person meant about the loyalty comment is that club directors/coaches don't stay LOYAL to some of the players for the season . The same players they pick during the try out (which is a waste of time & a $$ grab) process. Clubs look for "next best thing" and that makes parents look for "the next best thing". Vicious cycle, bad deal but a reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The long island lax feat is going to be very interesting in this age group. Should be fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from this weekend at Forsberg?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good game between true blue and fl$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tristate brackets posted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladiators beat the heck out of everyone it looked like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine middle school rosters posted. Very decent collection of players from all over long island listed. See nationallacrosseclassic.com

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine middle school rosters posted. Very decent collection of players from all over long island listed. See nationallacrosseclassic.com

Yes, LI is represented very well! Gonna be tough to beat a meshed group of 91, Express, fl$ and many other good players in that impressive middle school age on the Island. www.nationallacrosseclassic.com

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, LI is represented very well! Gonna be tough to beat a meshed group of 91, Express, fl$ and many other good players in that impressive middle school age on the Island. www.nationallacrosseclassic.com

Agreed very deep Talent Pool in both the 8th grade and 7th grade classes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L.I has a great shot at the national title again. Maryland also competitive with collection of FCA, Looneys, etc. Nice to see so many L.I towns represented on that roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please give me a break, the only kids that know about the try outs are coaches kids and there hand picked friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please give me a break, the only kids that know about the try outs are coaches kids and there hand picked friends.

have to disagree, got multiple emails from the directors as they were light going into the tryouts. I'm just not sure anyone cares enough to try out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We didn't know anyone, made the team. They have a real good site on the world wide web (not hard to find). Brine has been doing this all star team for a few years. Pay attention, do your research & stop crying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you talking about that know one cares there was over a 160 kids at the long island tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you talking about that know one cares there was over a 160 kids at the long island tryout.

You are correct, and another 50 or 60 boys at the SECOND LI tryout! But "no one cares". lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct, and another 50 or 60 boys at the SECOND LI tryout! But "no one cares". lol

there were more at the express tryout. Money grab to pad parents egos

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there were more at the express tryout. Money grab to pad parents egos

The typical line from folks on this site "money grab". What isn't a money grab??? Than some of you rip clubs because they charge for a try out, you get angry because clubs like 91 & Express make big coin, wake up NOTHING IS FREE. I guess your kid didn't make the Brine team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great collection of players on the roster list. Bring it home LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great collection of players on the roster list. Bring it home LI.

Agree!

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard