BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs just lost in OT to Madlax in the Young Guns semi final. Madlax beat the Crabs and the refs. Edge and FCA are in the other semi.

Edge won 15 -1 over FCA. How old are those Edge players?
That has to be a typo. Still, the whole Edge team is from 2018. It's disappointing that they are still allowed to enter as a 2019 team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs just lost in OT to Madlax in the Young Guns semi final. Madlax beat the Crabs and the refs. Edge and FCA are in the other semi.

Edge won 15 -1 over FCA. How old are those Edge players?
That has to be a typo. Still, the whole Edge team is from 2018. It's disappointing that they are still allowed to enter as a 2019 team.

Madlax over Edge 9-8 in championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How old are those madlax players? LoL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame a great game like that was ruined by a brutal call. And I have no dog in the fight. Clean hit gets called and ruins the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame a great game like that was ruined by a brutal call. And I have no dog in the fight. Clean hit gets called and ruins the game.

Didn't see game. How was it ruined? One goal differential sounds like a great final.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard it was so so. Not many colleges there for 2019s. They are at jake reed.

There were at least 6 college coaches at the Nat 175 BOB watching the 2019 Friday afternoon showcase game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that both of the teams in the championship game had 2018 player(s) on their rosters? If so, as a parent that spent a significant amount of time and money (over July 4th weekend) getting to the games, I am very dissapointed. Are we at the point now where the rules simply don't matter and are no longer being enforced? Can my 2016 son play on my 2019 son's team in the next tournament? At what point does this end?

A
Anonymousoly
Unregistered
Anonymousoly
Unregistered
A
Yes very true ... Like usual team Long Island brought 2018 kids to play with their 2019 that's the only way they can win is by cheating !!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that both of the teams in the championship game had 2018 player(s) on their rosters? If so, as a parent that spent a significant amount of time and money (over July 4th weekend) getting to the games, I am very dissapointed. Are we at the point now where the rules simply don't matter and are no longer being enforced? Can my 2016 son play on my 2019 son's team in the next tournament? At what point does this end?

The entire Edge 2019 team is grad year 2018.... not some, all. Congratulations to Madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymousoly
Yes very true ... Like usual team Long Island brought 2018 kids to play with their 2019 that's the only way they can win is by cheating !!!!!

I don't think they were talking 175 but young guns. How come no LI teams went to Young Guns?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Long Island was not in the 2019 Championship game. Get your facts straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The entire Edge 2019 team is grad year 2018.... not some, all. Congratulations to Madlax.

If that is true, and yes, I have heard in the past that is the way Edge registered their team, that is quite a win for Madlax. Congratulations to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Facts are there were 4 brackets and yes team LI was in the championship for that bracket !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Long Island was not in the 2019 Championship game. Get your facts straight.

Yes they were! Get YOUR facts straight!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Long Island parents are a bunch of losers by allowing older boys that everyone knows are older because we know who they are.... Just for a T-shirt.
Nice thing your teaching your children...lets cheat little Johnny so we can win...Pathetic !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing like seeing two people argue over two separate tournaments.

Previous posts regarding Madlax and the championship game were referring to Crab's Young Guns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that is true, and yes, I have heard in the past that is the way Edge registered their team, that is quite a win for Madlax. Congratulations to them.

So you think Madlax has no holdbacks ? It's ok if they keep it quiet ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Long Island parents are a bunch of losers by allowing older boys that everyone knows are older because we know who they are.... Just for a T-shirt.
Nice thing your teaching your children...lets cheat little Johnny so we can win...Pathetic !!

It's called a U14 team per USL guidelines! Yes, teaching our kids to play by age not hiding holdbacks in a grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually here are the facts:

US Lacrosse states; U14: All players must be 13years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition.

The reason that US Lacrosse uses the "U" groupings is to avoid any discrepancies as far as age, this is done to keep the players SAFE.

"Cheating" only exists when teams have players that "CLAIM" to be graduates of a graduate year when the player should in fact be graduating a year or sometimes if two before that year. Why can no one get the concept that just because "Johnny" is actually graduating in say.....2019 that does NOT mean they are the appropriate age for that graduating year!?

So as far as the argument here goes, even if the player in question is a 2018 graduate it IS possible that he can be the SAME age or even YOUNGER than some of the players that are graduating in 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's called a U14 team per USL guidelines! Yes, teaching our kids to play by age not hiding holdbacks in a grade.

Actually, have a good group of parents and kids. Celebrating a win in a consolation bracket is kind of strange, even though beating Legacy's best team is a nice win. With 2 losses in pool play to the All grays and NJ Riot, that does not get you to the championship bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was watching ESPN youth lax tournament in Denver over the weekend. One of the commentators said one of the LI boys had recently turned 14 and it was a u14 division.

Playing kids down a division is becoming common and parents couldn't care less about teaching values or perception.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT Chargers won the 2019 champioship. Team LI did not make the Championship bracket. They were playing for 5th place, fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct they did beat legacy with their half dozen older kids !! Didn't legacy beat them recently though when they didn't have their older kids ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really!!! The difference between both matchups came down to face offs, which Tli lost most the 1st game, giving up only 6 goals in that game when Tli was man down for most of that game. Our offense could not get the ball and unable to get ball in net. The same Tli kid dominated face offs 2nd game- Tli still was man down much of the game but were able to get more possessions to put points up. Most goAls for Tli were from great ball movement for easy lay ups,most goals for legacy from outside shots especially from their man up opportunities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Long Island beat Legacy. Make any excuse you want to but we lost. Commandos better get there act together or they will lose even more of the better players.. I know at least three very good boys looking for other options at this time. Hope we can get back to playing in a manner we can be proud of. Starting attack line needs to be tweaked in my humble but honest opinion..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really!!! The difference between both matchups came down to face offs, which Tli lost most the 1st game, giving up only 6 goals in that game when Tli was man down for most of that game. Our offense could not get the ball and unable to get ball in net. The same Tli kid dominated face offs 2nd game- Tli still was man down much of the game but were able to get more possessions to put points up. Most goAls for Tli were from great ball movement for easy lay ups,most goals for legacy from outside shots especially from their man up opportunities.

And Team LI gogo plays up, so much for the holdback excuse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct they did beat legacy with their half dozen older kids !! Didn't legacy beat them recently though when they didn't have their older kids ??

who cares if TLI they had older boys, that Legacy team should have beat them with their older kids. They didn't, end of story!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares if TLI they had older boys, that Legacy team should have beat them with their older kids. They didn't, end of story!

Translation: (the above doesn't work unless spoken like William Shatner - the below is english)
Who cares if TLI played with their older boys, Legacy should have beat TLI with the older boys on TLI. They didn't, end of story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the same fn parents who complain about other boys playing down are on here bragging about their baby playing up on varsity. let the boys play you should be there to drive,cheer and say
'good job did you have a good time today"there are many parents who wish they only had the "problems" you have. enjoy phillax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Long Island beat Legacy. Make any excuse you want to but we lost. Commandos better get there act together or they will lose even more of the better players.. I know at least three very good boys looking for other options at this time. Hope we can get back to playing in a manner we can be proud of. Starting attack line needs to be tweaked in my humble but honest opinion..

to start with. there isn't a viable option at left attack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

to start with. there isn't a viable option at left attack

Yeah well, Tryout last sept seemed like a scam .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Translation: (the above doesn't work unless spoken like William Shatner - the below is english)
Who cares if TLI played with their older boys, Legacy should have beat TLI with the older boys on TLI. They didn't, end of story

Please please please put them against each other this weekend. This could get real good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One more time for the impaired readers, TLI does NOT have any older kids. really, forget the graduating year BS. Every kid on that team is of age. Aside from the 3 younger kids who are between 12 & 13, EVERY kid is 14! I'll bet Legacy and every other team can say the same thing so enough with the silly statements of TLI is a bunch of cheaters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first 2019 has committed. Should be many more coming soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Legacy and Team LI meating again this weekend? Should be a great rematch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why did 2 teams from Long Island protest them being there ??
Just for fun ??

One more time for the impaired readers, TLI does NOT have any older kids. really, forget the graduating year BS. Every kid on that team is of age. Aside from the 3 younger kids who are between 12 & 13, EVERY kid is 14! I'll bet Legacy and every other team can say the same thing so enough with the silly statements of TLI is a bunch of cheaters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes in same 2019 Division at the Liberty Bell Challenge in Philly this weekend.

Are Legacy and Team LI meating again this weekend? Should be a great rematch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for fun ??

And you know that how??? Sounds to me you're stirring up the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that it's not fair for your 15 year old eighth grader to play against a 14 year old ninth grader. After all you held him back, forced him to repeat a year just to increase his chance at getting a 25% scholarship at a bottom third DI school just to satisfy your own steroid soaked ego. Totally unfair. File a protest with the organizers. Oh that's right, they knowingly decided to accommodate U-based clubs by entering their teams in the most appropriate nominally grade based bracket. It's not like TLI was the only U based club here.
Just for fun ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first 2019 has committed. Should be many more coming soon.

And.....Today my 2019 did not lift the seat and could not find his socks!

Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard