BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Coaching
klmada Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
My son plays on an 2017 Travel lacrosse team. He is a defenseman. I have to say that since he has been playing travel lacrosse the lack of attention to defensive coaching is disturbing.

Just as an informal poll, was wondering if people think todays coaches spend enough time coaching defense or is it the trend of lax turning into an offensive minded game?

Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Coaching
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by klmada
My son plays on an 2017 Travel lacrosse team. He is a defenseman. I have to say that since he has been playing travel lacrosse the lack of attention to defensive coaching is disturbing.

Just as an informal poll, was wondering if people think todays coaches spend enough time coaching defense or is it the trend of lax turning into an offensive minded game?

Thoughts?
I have a child that is a goalie for a catholic High School and the coaches spend no time at all on defense. The worst part is they have the nerve to blame the goalie for not making stops against unrealistic odds. The state of coaching is totally going to the Offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most teams will have 2 coaches, one who is focused one Def one on offense.

If your team only has 1 coach, that can be your problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by klmada

Thoughts?
I have a child that is a goalie for a catholic High School and the coaches spend no time at all on defense. The worst part is they have the nerve to blame the goalie for not making stops against unrealistic odds. The state of coaching is totally going to the Offense.

You should call the Shoreham coach that coaches the youth goalies. Have you seen their goalies and defense? He does private goalie coaching all over the island I am told.I

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there are 3 coaches, they just don't do D. And thanks to the post about the coach, but my goalie isn't the problem, the kid is really good, You can only do so much with no D

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there are 3 coaches, they just don't do D. And thanks to the post about the coach, but my goalie isn't the problem, the kid is really good, You can only do so much with no D

Based on this, I would assume the team/coaching is not very good an I would be considering another team next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you asked the coach's or the organization it self.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have 3 boys playing travel (Goalie, Defense and Middy) and have been involved with about 6 teams over about 18 combined seasons and I have always found the "D" coaching to be excellent and so much better then they ever get in the school teams until varsity for teaching defense. unfortunately you might be on a team that is not well coached, private lessons for goalie and offense is great but it is very hard to learn defense from private lessons because it is such a team concept, they can learn one-on-one and footwork but good defense is learned from team D. Find a better situation for your D-man

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
As the parent of a defender, I know what you're talking about. There's a lot of coaching focus on offense and offensive plays. Actually, it's hard to find girls who want to play defense, everyone would rather go for the glory and score, but that's another issue.

There's only so many clubs you can go through before you run out of time searching for the one that offers defensive coaching on the level of offensive coaching. I don't have any answers for you on that end. Talk to other parents at tournaments, get their feedback on their particular teams.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard