BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 128 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T91 we are very impressed that you are able to embarrass a team by 30. Just confirmed what you LI people are.......

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poster above - the crabs are the perfect team for you. Please send your child to play for them. You will fit right in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Crabbiedad
Team 91 Crush is head and shoulders best club team at any age group and has been for years. We will struggle with them as any team would. They are well coached and have incredible speed. We love to watch them play. Did you see that Crabs 2017 beat Tenacious Turtles in Crabfeast Tourney. Also FCA 2018 Team is arguably best team in country and won Crabfeast. Probably the holdbacks on both teams that makes them so good. Nah...just highly skilled and well coached. Both Teams have age appropriate and holdbacks.

Your arguments are heart felt and completely emotional but you've convinced me that I should take my age appropriate kid to a more ethical club. We live in greater Baltimore area as do most Crabs players so where should we go. Hmmm..I was thinking Loonies..shoot they have holdbacks, maybe FCA...darn it, they have hold backs, ok..Breakers or the new Team 91...that won't work either because they have holdbacks and my son is big into football so Team 91 doesn't work because of the all year round commitment. Which leads to incredible 13 year old lax players but question if they still feel the same about the game when they r 18.
Hope to see you guys at Crabs tryouts. 125 kids tried out for 2019 team last year so should be plenty of opportunities for age appropriate kids.

When U.S. Lacrosse puts rule in that eliminates holdbacks(which they won't)...Crabs will still be top team because they attract competitive players....period.

Keep whining though. It's great material to numb the brain when we are bored.

Gotta love the holdback parents...keep fooling yourself. Crabs lack ethics and the ability to win with on age players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Crush is head and shoulders best club team at any age group and has been for years. We will struggle with them as any team would. They are well coached and have incredible speed. We love to watch them play. Did you see that Crabs 2017 beat Tenacious Turtles in Crabfeast Tourney. Also FCA 2018 Team is arguably best team in country and won Crabfeast. Probably the holdbacks on both teams that makes them so good. Nah...just highly skilled and well coached. Both Teams have age appropriate and holdbacks.

Your arguments are heart felt and completely emotional but you've convinced me that I should take my age appropriate kid to a more ethical club. We live in greater Baltimore area as do most Crabs players so where should we go. Hmmm..I was thinking Loonies..shoot they have holdbacks, maybe FCA...darn it, they have hold backs, ok..Breakers or the new Team 91...that won't work either because they have holdbacks and my son is big into football so Team 91 doesn't work because of the all year round commitment. Which leads to incredible 13 year old lax players but question if they still feel the same about the game when they r 18.
Hope to see you guys at Crabs tryouts. 125 kids tried out for 2019 team last year so should be plenty of opportunities for age appropriate kids.

When U.S. Lacrosse puts rule in that eliminates holdbacks(which they won't)...Crabs will still be top team because they attract competitive players....period.

You will see on Saturday with the crabs are like without holdbacks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So...you believe that Loonies, Breakers, FCA don't have hold backs. It's a fact, we know who they are. You keep telling yourself it's a Crabs thing if it makes you feel better.

okay crabbiedad, not discussing holdbacks.....explain cheating to win beach lax.....explain flip-flopping the crabs seed back and forth last weekend.....explain how when the weakest crab washes up on shore, king crab is never heard from again.....explain how they have the best coaches, when a majority of their kids are not local crabs but the ones you get out of the gulf.....explain the pompous arrogance by parents and coaches, with those advantages that you so proudly boast of, you should be beating all teams quite handily, maybe the coaching isn't so great after all.....i have coached lacrosse at various levels for over thirty seasons and the crabs are the blueprint for what is wrong with youth lacrosse, if you don't believe me just take a look at madlax, cabell modeled himself after pretzel boy, what a great role model he is.....have you ever watched pretzel boy on the sidelines, quite an embarrassing sight.....humility would go along way in pleading your case for the royal blue and yellow

find it a little amusing that crabbiedad won't answer the questions above, just keeps referring to holdbacks which are not in any of these questions.....would love to hear his take on these non holdback questions of the "Great Club"

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We live in greater Baltimore area as do most Crabs players so where should we go.

most live in baltimore, but not your top goalie, top defenseman or top attackmen

this comment is exactly why people don't like the "great club", you bend the rules, you cheat, you manipulate a system and you are so anonymous and arrogant about it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So T91 daddy.......you think racking up a score of 30-0 is ethically ok?? What a bunch of hypocrites!! Don't you preach ethics on this board all day. We're all VERY impressed with YOUR ethics. Talk about no integrity. Total clowns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is it like to be a part of the "great club" sitting around waiting for some else to screw up on the news cycle, so you can shift the focus away from your tainted club for a few brief minutes. gotta be a lot of pressure, maybe i'll get a bite to eat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a crush parent or fan but happy to wager just about anything they beat crabs (assuming crabs make it)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While you eat your crow look in the mirror as you do it there captain ethics.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While you eat your crow look in the mirror as you do it there captain ethics.

That doesn't even make sense

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The venom is amazing when you think we are talking about kids lax. Someone asked me questions early to answer and unfortunately I'm just the dad of a age appropriate Crab player and not privy to some of the information you seek. The added kids at beachlax played with us in some events last summer as well. including when we lost to Team 91 last year. They are holdback 7th graders and will be on the 2020 Crabs team next year as well. In my time in club lacrosse I've seen different kids added to teams all the time. The original purpose of club was to set events that put the best kids against each other. As for switching seeds....I don't follow u and it's hard to argue one side of bracket is easier then other in a lot of these tournaments because their are so many close games. Most of our kids are from Gilman, BL and sorruounding counties. No different the other AA club teams. As for pompous and arrogant parents...well what can I say. ...I'm better then you and everyone knows it. Like I said before you can hate on Crabs because of a few or you can appreciate the hard work of many good people that have helped many young lacrosse players reach their goals.

I'm confused about another comment...r we upset about kids age or their size and weight. Because we have many big 13 year olds on our team. Are they cheaters too because they are just really big for their age. My son is 13 and has been shaving for a year...is he a cheater. Sillingness...if your kid is small and you and he decide to play a contact sport then that as a decision you make and isn't the fault of " big kids ".

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
NEWSFLASH from Denver Youth World Championships. After all games were over the event hosted all teams to compete against each other in athletic and lacrosse competitions. All these kids had to submit birth certificates and IDs to be there. Crabs beats Team 91 again in 3 of 3 events.

40 yard dash - 3 fastest times go to 3 Crabs middies. ( we must have cheated somehow)

Hardest Shot - 93 mph by Crabs attackman. ( speed gun was rigged by King Crab)

Most accurate shot - won by another club but next best was Crabs attackman. ( ha..knew Crabs kids couldn't win everything)

Are you getting point yet Crab haters. These kids are all same age and we have great athletes. Does this mean we beat Team 91 This week. Who knows. But what it means is when you have good athletes at any age they will learn the game and be successful.

Team 91 parents and coaches so upset that the precious Crush loses again that they burst into antics about how old r kids are. Even at an age appropriate event with birth certificates. Are you kidding me. Talk about arrogance.

If we beat Team 91 on Saturday I expect a fruit basket and apology sent to BL with a full sheet of paper that says I love Crabs Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You won't beat Team 91 without your cheater holdback players. Looking forward to the beating on national television.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEWSFLASH from Denver Youth World Championships. After all games were over the event hosted all teams to compete against each other in athletic and lacrosse competitions. All these kids had to submit birth certificates and IDs to be there. Crabs beats Team 91 again in 3 of 3 events.

40 yard dash - 3 fastest times go to 3 Crabs middies. ( we must have cheated somehow)

Most accurate shot - won by another club but next best was Crabs attackman. ( ha..knew Crabs kids couldn't win everything)

Are you getting point yet Crab haters. These kids are all same age and we have great athletes. Does this mean we beat Team 91 This week. Who knows. But what it means is when you have good athletes at any age they will learn the game and be successful.

Team 91 parents and coaches so upset that the precious Crush loses again that they burst into antics about how old r kids are. Even at an age appropriate event with birth certificates. Are you kidding me. Talk about arrogance.

If we beat Team 91 on Saturday I expect a fruit basket and apology sent to BL with a full sheet of paper that says I love Crabs Lacrosse.

Omg your posts are so long. Nobody cares to read all your"wisdom". You have zero chance vs crush without your BS 2019s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can have your fruit basket with a win as long as we can have your declaration that "without our 5-6 holdbacks we are just another club team" when you lose.

Sounds fair to me, but I forgot, it's not about fairness for you people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You start off with a nice love for Team 91 ..how kind of you. But after all your babble it comes down to a simple You like the Crabs and dont care what they do. Your son plays for them so everyone else can **** off ......
Well the majority of the country thinks that letting a select group of players play down in YOUTH lacrosse is wrong.. Very simple. Most people involved with lacrosse dont like Youth lacrosse letting a select group have an advantage , You do. You are so happy to play for Crabs you have no ethics on what is wrong or right in Youth lacrosse. Very simple concept for most of the world to see except you Crab lovers.

And keep defending the concept of giving select youth an advantage over others.Its great material to numb the brain when we are bored!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you still dont get that the age was lowered to let your holdbacks in. The cutoff was lowered to May 1..Get that MAY 1..The usual cutoff for age base teams is Sept 1. Got That Sept 1 ..So it was lowered by FOUR months to accommodate the many holdbacks/pre-firsts of the Crabs and few others. If it was a true age based tournament it should have stayed Sept 1 or maybe Aug 1, but to go to May 1??? You are an apologist for a way to game the system. Bet every player was born between May 1 and Sept 1 that did so well at these events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think crabbie daddy's brain is already numb, but just basing that on spelling/grammar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never really understood the disdain people in the lacrosse community have for the Crabs until I watched his behavior on the sideline. I was also present at the beach lax game v T91. The arrogance he displayed by bringing down the 2019 players was pretty shocking. Karma is a [lacrosse] and my guess is she comes knocking on July 4th on national TV v T91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wa wa wa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The added kids at beachlax played with us in some events last summer as well. including when we lost to Team 91 last year. They are holdback 7th graders and will be on the 2020 Crabs..

This is a total lie, I know at least two of the kids were current eighth graders. Add them to the kids already held back and close to half the roster was kids who are 2019 age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The added kids at beachlax played with us in some events last summer as well. including when we lost to Team 91 last year. They are holdback 7th graders and will be on the 2020 Crabs..

This is a total lie, I know at least two of the kids were current eighth graders. Add them to the kids already held back and close to half the roster was kids who are 2019 age.

Agreed. Everybody knows that Crabs last summer had 7th grade holdbacks and added 8th grade holdbacks this year. Lacrosse is still a small community . The saddest part of all of this is the Crabs kids this weekend who are going to pay for their parents and their coaches selfishness when they are humiliated on national television by the team that they had their tainted championship game against at beach lax. It will further highlight how stacked the team they showed up at Beach Lax with was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never really understood the disdain people in the lacrosse community have for the Crabs until I watched his behavior on the sideline. I was also present at the beach lax game v T91. The arrogance he displayed by bringing down the 2019 players was pretty shocking. Karma is a [lacrosse] and my guess is she comes knocking on July 4th on national TV v T91.

Oh yeah, pretty much all of Maryland can't wait for the beat down, crabs woke up a sleeping giant at the beach. Then the following week 91 will show Looneys, express the same beat down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, rising sons kid was 2nd in speed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The venom is amazing when you think we are talking about kids lax. Someone asked me questions early to answer and unfortunately I'm just the dad of a age appropriate Crab player and not privy to some of the information you seek. The added kids at beachlax played with us in some events last summer as well. including when we lost to Team 91 last year. They are holdback 7th graders and will be on the 2020 Crabs team next year as well. In my time in club lacrosse I've seen different kids added to teams all the time. The original purpose of club was to set events that put the best kids against each other. As for switching seeds....I don't follow u and it's hard to argue one side of bracket is easier then other in a lot of these tournaments because their are so many close games. Most of our kids are from Gilman, BL and sorruounding counties. No different the other AA club teams. As for pompous and arrogant parents...well what can I say. ...I'm better then you and everyone knows it. Like I said before you can hate on Crabs because of a few or you can appreciate the hard work of many good people that have helped many young lacrosse players reach their goals.

I'm confused about another comment...r we upset about kids age or their size and weight. Because we have many big 13 year olds on our team. Are they cheaters too because they are just really big for their age. My son is 13 and has been shaving for a year...is he a cheater. Sillingness...if your kid is small and you and he decide to play a contact sport then that as a decision you make and isn't the fault of " big kids ".

The venom has nothing to do with the kids, I'm sure they are all quite nice. In fact, my son knows a few of them and has confirmed that. It's the lousy role models they have for parents that irks us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wa wa wa

6 years of high school and that's all you can come up with

you're an [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The venom has nothing to do with the kids, I'm sure they are all quite nice. In fact, my son knows a few of them and has confirmed that. It's the lousy role models they have for parents that irks us.

Venom is not at all surprising when you think about the fact that it is kids lacrosse and the Crabs feel compelled to cheat at kids lacrosse. Not surprised you are confused if you can't figure out why manipulating the rules for kids lacrosse is upsetting to folks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom is not surprising when T91 God forbid loses a game and their narcissistic parents who live through their children can't handle it. Because little JoJo is soooooo much better than the Maryland boys, they know it to be true because they have been telling everyone so. Let the kids childhood be about them and not you L.I. Daddy. You embarrass yourself every tournament. What a bunch of boobs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom is not surprising when T91 God forbid loses a game and their narcissistic parents who live through their children can't handle it. Because little JoJo is soooooo much better than the Maryland boys, they know it to be true because they have been telling everyone so. Let the kids childhood be about them and not you L.I. Daddy. You embarrass yourself every tournament. What a bunch of boobs.

Crabs dad-look in the mirror. Both sets of parents are equally narcissistic and living through their kids. It is actually comical but regardless, Crabs cheated for their last win over T91 and like the team or not, 91 is the more skilled team who worked hard to get there. Crabs on the other hand rely on holdbacks to win games. Feel bad for any on age kid left on the team who also worked hard and is now tainted by the adults decision and/or is riding the bench when the holdbacks show up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash for both Crabs and T91 parents. The 99.9% of the youth lacrosse community who don't frequent this board.......all they know is at the O.C. Tournament.....Crabs beat T91. Get over your selfs .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has played in the NPYLL for several years and I am pretty knowledgeable about the game, teams, etc. Just about any parent who has a kid playing at this level knows the MO of the Crabs and their owner. So - actually I think that anyone who even knows that the Crabs beat T91 knows what happened. I am no fan of the Long Island teams and their parents behavior on the sideline is pretty awful. Having said that - if I was a betting man I'd rarely bet against T91. I will be curious to see what happens in Denver. I'd have to think they are out for blood after the fiasco in OC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News flash for both Crabs and T91 parents. The 99.9% of the youth lacrosse community who don't frequent this board.......all they know is at the O.C. Tournament.....Crabs beat T91. Get over your selfs .

True but also the teams who were there for the weekend know the truth and regardless of whether the majority of the lacrosse community read this board or not, the Crabs lost the respect of some of the best teams, parents and coaches in the region that weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Don't tell anyone the Crabs cheat. Maybe if we just pretend we do not, no one will know.

Wow. that's quite a standard. You should be proud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Crabbiedad]The venom is amazing when you think we are talking about kids lax. Someone asked me questions early to answer and unfortunately I'm just the dad of a age appropriate Crab player and not privy to some of the information you seek. The added kids at beachlax played with us in some events last summer as well. including when we lost to Team 91 last year.

So you have been cheating in previous years and you were "privy" to it. Again please read this slowly, this is not a holdback issue. When you have "tryouts" in August, if the 19's are repeating 8th grade then they should try out for the 20's. They should not have been added to another teams roster in the middle of the season to win a tournament. It's cheating, plain and simple. Just because you have always done it, doesn't mean it is right. You throw in the comment about losing to 91 last year. Does that mean if you cheat and lose, it's not really cheating.....your logic escapes me

They are holdback 7th graders and will be on the 2020 Crabs team next year as well. In my time in club lacrosse I've seen different kids added to teams all the time. The original purpose of club was to set events that put the best kids against each other.

I never complained about holdbacks, in fact I specifically said it was not about holdbacks. When the kids "tryout" in August and the 19's become 20's, at the end of the day it is what it is. In my 30 plus years coaching, I know kids are added to rosters for certain tournaments, kids of age are certainly different than getting out the Flux Capacitor on a Sunday night, having a group of 13 year olds run through it and pretend they are 12 and expect everyone to believe it.

As for switching seeds....I don't follow u and it's hard to argue one side of bracket is easier then other in a lot of these tournaments because their are so many close games.

I never said easier, did I?, it's funny how you are "privy" to what you consider all of the positive sides of the "great club", but seem to not be "privy" to all of the negative sides of the "great club". I will explain, last week at Crabfeast after pool play on Saturday the "great club" should have been seeded 5th and played Team 91, King Crab graciously gave up his 5th seed to Prime Time and became the 6th seed and played the 3rd seed. When you got to the semis, FCA was seeded 1, Mesa Fresh seeded 2, the "great club" represented the 3 seed and Prime Time represented the 4 seed. In my time in club lacrosse, I have always seen 1 play 4, 2 play 3 in that situation. Maybe this is cutting edge technology and maybe it's in part to their great coaching, I don't know the reason, but I would love to hear one because in these semis 1 played 3, 2 played 4. I think I know the reason, but didn't want to assume.

Most of our kids are from Gilman, BL and sorruounding counties. No different the other AA club teams.

Ummmm......Gilman and BL are schools, not counties. I didn't say it was different, was replying to the inference that all of the little crabbies were homegrown and good old Baltimore Blue Crabs right out of the harbor, when in fact that is just not the case.

As for pompous and arrogant parents...well what can I say. ...I'm better then you and everyone knows it. Like I said before you can hate on Crabs because of a few or you can appreciate the hard work of many good people that have helped many young lacrosse players reach their goals.

I think it would be the other way, I think the few are the quiet humble people, I think the mass is the blowhards like you who bury their head in the sand and just keep saying nothing to see here, please move along. I know the kool-aid is good and cold, but maybe you should put the cup down and back away and look at the big picture, but you better and smarter than me so I know you won't.

Not my comment, so have no idea what the poster was asking, but good attempt to cloud the discussion again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs dad- You stood on the sidelines of a game supporting a team that was cheating. Allowing your son to play on a team that is cheating shows who else is living through their child. Grow a set and stand up for what is right and teach your child some ethics. Dishonesty and letting their child be used reveals a lot more about a man's character than being loud and obnoxious on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As George Costanza said..."it's not a lie if you believe it"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the tournament allows kids who are repeating a grade the coming fall to play with teams in their new grade, it is not cheating. You can call it cheating all you want, but that isn't cheating. Sorry you lost a meaningless youth lacrosse game. Maybe someday you'll get over your butthurt.

And no, my son never repeated a grade and we don't play for the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So can we start talking about who is going to win the Young Guns this weekend? Madlax is sending there National team. Are any of the other clubs sending there National teams this weekend? And before you all start talking they have had this weekend posted for the National team for a full year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the tournament allows kids who are repeating a grade the coming fall to play with teams in their new grade, it is not cheating. You can call it cheating all you want, but that isn't cheating. Sorry you lost a meaningless youth lacrosse game. Maybe someday you'll get over your butthurt.

And no, my son never repeated a grade and we don't play for the Crabs.

Even though they have not even started their new repeat grade? Until they do, how is that different than EDGE just assuming all its kids intend to reclass or do a PG year? Can my 2021 team include 2020's who intend to reclass when they go to boarding school in a couple years?

Like Reply Quote
Page 48 of 128 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard