BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok,..again...my bad possibly...my kid told me that the 2019 Tri-State team that came to Lax Clash today, may not be the one that he has been listing...I have had enough of this A, AA, A2, somewhat A....can't tell who you are seeing anymore...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
to answer the question about which 2019 3D team showed up at LAX Clash...the awful one... they went 0-3... good day of competition for most teams in the 2019 AA bracket... HHH looked strong...3 tribes as well, goalie was outstanding...fl$ continues strong play..Express looked great despite a lose, should be Express and Lax black in final tomorrow...HHH and fl$ looks to be a nice game and Outlaws black versus Leading edge will be a good one as well...awesome to see all these top tier teams doing it right and playing here at home...weather played a factor in late games (3Tribes/fl$), fields could be a mess tomorrow...

What was up with entering 2020 express in the AA division ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the 2018 thread...

I have heard the 2018 Long Island Team is in shambles. Does anyone even know who is on the team. It's not posted anywhere. Most other regions have posted their teams.

Think they are talking about Brine.

Any news on Brine 2019/ middle School? Did a lot of kids bail for JR?
Would be nice to know before a 8 hour trip how the Tourney Teams will look.

Who is the Head Coach of the Long Island 2019 Team ? Any practices ?

Is that the team where some kid didn't have to try out because he was playing in a H S varsity game but was selected anyway? I think I heard something like that?

i questioned this tonight and found out there were 3 players that had varsity games that day. I was told one rushed there after playing and the another had a night game, the third didn't have a game! I give the night game kid a pass; but I would guess they all earned it if they played varsity and BTW, I don't care if it was varsity for Brentwood, Valley Stream or North Babylon.

bring on the haters but look in the mirror, would the player made it anyway!!!
From the 2018 thread...

I have heard the 2018 Long Island Team is in shambles. Does anyone even know who is on the team. It's not posted anywhere. Most other regions have posted their teams.

Think they are talking about Brine.

Any news on Brine 2019/ middle School? Did a lot of kids bail for JR?
Would be nice to know before a 8 hour trip how the Tourney Teams will look.

Who is the Head Coach of the Long Island 2019 Team ? Any practices ?

Is that the team where some kid didn't have to try out because he was playing in a H S varsity game but was selected anyway? I think I heard something like that?

i questioned this tonight and found out there were 3 players that had varsity games that day. I was told one rushed there after playing and the another had a night game, the third didn't have a game! I give the night game kid a pass; but I would guess they all earned it if they played varsity and BTW, I don't care if it was varsity for Brentwood, Valley Stream or North Babylon.

bring on the haters but look in the mirror, would the player made it anyway!!!

Probably would have made it, BUT thats not the point. Are you able to figure out the point,dopey ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
safe travels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Lax Clash consolation games being played at NYIT are cancelled due to wet fields. Championship brackets will be played on the turf field. Bummer for teams that traveled this morning.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
All Lax Clash consolation games being played at NYIT are cancelled due to wet fields. Championship brackets will be played on the turf field. Bummer for teams that traveled this morning.

Here we go again.. Supposed to be another nice day!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

It didn't say the weather was going to be bad, it said the field conditions are not good. I'd say these tournaments are getting cancelled because the colleges do not want their fields torn up as it costs them money to replace. Wonder if there is a way to find out who is making the decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Tri State team at LaxClash was not the AA/Black team. The Black team was at Philly Showdown where they beat Patriot (NJ) 9-2 before the tourney got called off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It didn't say the weather was going to be bad, it said the field conditions are not good. I'd say these tournaments are getting cancelled because the colleges do not want their fields torn up as it costs them money to replace. Wonder if there is a way to find out who is making the decision.

Was this a 91 run tournament or Express? Is it all LI run tournaments that have no rain insurance?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express. NYIT coach made the call. Not sure what is going on at the other venues.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All games played at Lax Clash NYIT on turf, some good, some not so good...HHH and fl$ was a close game till late in second half then some quick scores by HHH broke it open for a 7-3 final, good game though...Then there were the other games I saw...3tribes got smoked by Lax black (12-1) and Express returned the favor in the semi and final handling both Lax yellow and Lax black easily (10-3 and 12-4)...now with HHH handing Express it's only lose of the tourney and fl$ playing them strong...gotta figure this tourney spoke volumes as to level of play still being pretty strong on the island...hope this tourney attracts some more local elite teams next year...91, true blue, etc... make it a home affair, save some hotel fees, gas...to bad about the weather...would have been some more nice games played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts got trounced by Express at Lax Clash, you can drop them even further on this list, not raise up...on any given day this list can be flipped, teams dropped ( FCA, MadLax) and teams added ( 3tribes, fl$)... it doesn't mean anything...stop with the lists and whose better than who and just play each other for the benefit of the boys and the game...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All games played at Lax Clash NYIT on turf, some good, some not so good...HHH and fl$ was a close game till late in second half then some quick scores by HHH broke it open for a 7-3 final, good game though...Then there were the other games I saw...3tribes got smoked by Lax black (12-1) and Express returned the favor in the semi and final handling both Lax yellow and Lax black easily (10-3 and 12-4)...now with HHH handing Express it's only lose of the tourney and fl$ playing them strong...gotta figure this tourney spoke volumes as to level of play still being pretty strong on the island...hope this tourney attracts some more local elite teams next year...91, true blue, etc... make it a home affair, save some hotel fees, gas...to bad about the weather...would have been some more nice games played.
If I'm not mistaken, HHH has lost to Lax Black by significant margins multiple times (APC and Clash). Also, haven't they beaten Express by decent margins twice (Big 4 and Clash)? if that's the case, how does Express blow out Lax Black? And if that's the case, which program has the better 2019 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from friends that True Blue 2019 is heading to Deleware with some new players. Maybe an early Mutiny against the coach, so glad we left.

They were glad to See you go ...addition by subtraction....didnt need all the penalties.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What dope changed todays schedule at NYIT ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What dope changed todays schedule at NYIT ?

Can someone just get NYIT to answer the phone? Then we could ask them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from friends that True Blue 2019 is heading to Deleware with some new players. Maybe an early Mutiny against the coach, so glad we left.

They were glad to See you go ...addition by subtraction....didnt need all the penalties.
good that true blue team. sad to see them splitting up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good that true blue team. sad to see them splitting up

I've seen so many excellent former true blue players roaming the fields. Too bad they can't keep these players together. Would be at least 2 very good teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good team and great coach. TB is just having chemistry problems. The coaches will pull them together. Everyone goes through some ruff spots now and then. Cook is an excellent coach. Played for him a couple of years ago and he did a great job with my boy. Pleasant to talk to and really cares about the kids and the game. Would play for him anytime. Hang in there boys, remember it has a lot to do with the kids. Pull it together and don't let minor stuff affect what could be a good summer. Boy's get the coaches back and he will get yours. Don't give up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know much about the fl$ showcase going on right now? Well attended and good talent? I'm not too familiar with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know much about the fl$ showcase going on right now? Well attended and good talent? I'm not too familiar with it.
You're speaking about Legit 120, correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most college coaches are either already in MD or on their way to MD for Jake Reed

You're speaking about Legit 120, correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

true blue is no longer elite at 2019

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the Long Island boys doing down at Brine?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I was asking about Legit 120

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing in final vs texas who beat CT in overtime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was this a 91 run tournament or Express? Is it all LI run tournaments that have no rain insurance?

No one has rain insurance!! Fields are not playable. It happens. In 10 years of coaching travel youth lacrosse and have been rained out two days and modified 3 times. Not so bad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing in final vs texas who beat CT in overtime.

Brine LI boys were great to watch!

What a talented bunch with very good chemistry.
Fast aggressive Suffocating defense

They won the championship and were dominant.

The other brine LI-NY team played well made playoffs lost to Carolina.

The event was well run and

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Competition was ok .Could have been better I thought. Some kids just don't belong out there for other teams but what can you do. Long Island team could have played without a goalie and still won most of their games. Just being honest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Nat 175 best of the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard it was so so. Not many colleges there for 2019s. They are at jake reed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Heard it was so so. Not many colleges there for 2019s. They are at jake reed. [/quo

Yeah they are at Jake Reed trying to get the kids to commit who don't even make their beds everyday.. they were there mostly looking at 2018 kids but watched 2019 to see what was out there and start the process as I was told by two of the people checking out the kids . If your kid did well at brine then believe me he can play at the higher level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying your son couldn't play at next level if he didn't go to jake reed. They are looking at 2019s as much as you don't want to hear it. I know for a fact. Was told don't be surprised by late fall if you have close to 50 commits at this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying your son couldn't play at next level if he didn't go to jake reed. They are looking at 2019s as much as you don't want to hear it. I know for a fact. Was told don't be surprised by late fall if you have close to 50 commits at this age group.

Those that commit this early are doing so because of two reasons ..the parents have a lot of money so what school there son goes to doesn't matter financially. Schools loot for that ..or their parents have egos and are forcing their kids to commit so it appeases the parents egos and they can say they were first..not to many 14 year old s make their bed every day so how can they pick a college or major . They don't , their parents do..That's the facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen I totally agree with you. I think it's ridiculous but unfortunately it's the way of lacrosse nowadays. I hate it to because my son is going into 9th but hasn't really started his growth yet and it seems the early bloomers are the ones getting looked at. If you are a 5'10" 160 lb attackman at this age you are totally ahead of the game. My son is 5'0" 110 but has the skill but unfortunately size is a factor right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs just lost in OT to Madlax in the Young Guns semi final. Madlax beat the Crabs and the refs. Edge and FCA are in the other semi.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen I totally agree with you. I think it's ridiculous but unfortunately it's the way of lacrosse nowadays. I hate it to because my son is going into 9th but hasn't really started his growth yet and it seems the early bloomers are the ones getting looked at. If you are a 5'10" 160 lb attackman at this age you are totally ahead of the game. My son is 5'0" 110 but has the skill but unfortunately size is a factor right now.

Don't make the mistake of getting hung up on D1. Been there done that 2x. The D3 path is 9 times out of 10 a better experience. Trust me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I have heard for many its a better experience but what if your son really wants west point or navy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs just lost in OT to Madlax in the Young Guns semi final. Madlax beat the Crabs and the refs. Edge and FCA are in the other semi.

Edge won 15 -1 over FCA. How old are those Edge players?

Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard