BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Re: 2015 NPYLL Score and Results
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what notable events have the crabs had success in recently

Success in NPYLL and making it to at least the semi final round of each tournament they have played in so far this summer. The tournaments that the Crabs play in are typically some of the best in the country so a semi final loss is nothing to hang your head about.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is T91MD planning on committing to not having any reclassifiers on their MD teams?

Have no idea, But the teams will be based in Maryland and that would put T91 at an disadvantage against all other top clubs in MD if T91 didn't take holdbacks.

Not true-there are plenty of.maryland teams without holdbacks. All clubs, coaches and parents in Maryland are not okay with the holdback model.

Well it's not FCA or Crabs ... so who cares? They seem to be the only clubs in Maryland that have any success in notable events. The other 30 clubs are "advanced rec" clubs... some more "advanced" than others.... but irrelevant nationally for the most part -- some anomalous age groups within programs are interesting but as a whole they are money grabs. I know, I know... Your Jimmy plays for the LAXMASTERS and they won a tournament in Haiti last winter and they are CO-MMITTED! to age-specific criteria... so what. Jimmy will try out for the Crabs next year and if they tell him to, Jimmy will go to Boy's Latin for his 2nd round of 8th Grade. The machine is running hard ... there is no turning back now.

Not everyone is willing to negotiate their kid,s future for a few good years of lacrosse- there are still some parents willing to do what is right and think big picture along with building character, good sportsmanship etc. There will always be some not strong enough to say no and that is their choice. Just worry what kind of adults we are creating when parents give permission to cheat the system to make your self look better. Best thing to happen will be more tourneys with age requirements like Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what notable events have the crabs had success in recently

Success in NPYLL and making it to at least the semi final round of each tournament they have played in so far this summer. The tournaments that the Crabs play in are typically some of the best in the country so a semi final loss is nothing to hang your head about.

i agree they have had success in npyll,but so have other clubs. when you blatantly cheat and twist and turn the rules to your advantage, people get sick of all of the chest pounding and I think reaching the semi finals in those situations is a bit of a disappointment, that is not what you payed Pretzel Boy all of that money for. yes they did win a tournament at the beach by blatantly cheating, but to flip flop your seeding(twice)in the middle of a tournament and then still fall short is sweet justice for all of the organizations that play by the rules and quietly go about their business

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im not sure T91 Maryland will pull as good of kids as they think because teams like FCA and Crabs are pulling the very best in.

Rumor has it that tryouts are free for T91 but the practice schedule for the season is crazy like 5 days a week with regular practice then training after.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im not sure T91 Maryland will pull as good of kids as they think because teams like FCA and Crabs are pulling the very best in.

Rumor has it that tryouts are free for T91 but the practice schedule for the season is crazy like 5 days a week with regular practice then training after.

Now that is a serious practice schedule

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the way to do it!! Take all the fun out of it for those lazy 12 year olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The FCA 2020 team is one of the better teams I have seen lately. If they joined the NPYLL - between them, Crabs, Hawks and Breakers there could be some real good competition. 2020 Hawks beat them twice at McDonough tournament - first games was close. Championship not as close - but a good game.

Too bad the league is soiled by the Crabs reclassification nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that some kind of joke? The FCA program has TONS of reclassified kids. Tons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What grad year do you mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The FCA 2020 team is one of the better teams I have seen lately. If they joined the NPYLL - between them, Crabs, Hawks and Breakers there could be some real good competition. 2020 Hawks beat them twice at McDonough tournament - first games was close. Championship not as close - but a good game.

Too bad the league is soiled by the Crabs reclassification nonsense.

FCA couldn't beat Hawks and breakers this season but next year I think they will improve a lot and surprise a lot of people

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays for FCA. He has a Sept birthday and is one of the oldest boys on the team. What FCA team has TONS of holdbacks? Enlighten us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard they will practice blindfolded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is that some kind of joke? The FCA program has TONS of reclassified kids. Tons.

My son plays for FCA. He has a Sept birthday and is one of the oldest boys on the team. What FCA team has TONS of holdbacks? Enlighten us

WWJD? Play the holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is that some kind of joke? The FCA program has TONS of reclassified kids. Tons.

WWJD? Play the holdbacks

That double OT loss stings doesn't it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WWJD? Play the holdbacks

So FCA has absolutely ZERO holdbacks?? C'mon Man…you need to go to confession! By the way, if you're kid is born before 1/1 he's a holdback…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'1/1' is not right. It's based on grades not birth year (like soccer). For most states, that's '9/1'. At least make the right argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WWJD? Play the holdbacks

The one goalie came down from 2019 to play in MPLL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the one goalie you refer to is not a hold back... has been a 2020 and has played up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the one goalie you refer to is not a hold back... has been a 2020 and has played up

Then he should pick one team and stay with it, not show up wherever he is needed from week to week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, the kid I refer to has a summer birthday making him a 2019 player, the fact his parents started him late in school should have no bearing on the actual team he plays for. No difference between a kid who started school late, or went to pre first and hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is that some kind of joke? The FCA program has TONS of reclassified kids. Tons.

WWJD? Play the holdbacks

Kumbaya, pass the hat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, the kid I refer to has a summer birthday making him a 2019 player, the fact his parents started him late in school should have no bearing on the actual team he plays for. No difference between a kid who started school late, or went to pre first and hold backs.

You think a child that does an extra year of kindergarten so he won't be young for his grade and a boy that repeats 8th grade for no other reason than lacrosse are the same thing? Please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think a child that does an extra year of kindergarten so he won't be young for his grade and a boy that repeats 8th grade for no other reason than lacrosse are the same thing? Please.

Well its the same result at the end of the day. And anyone with kids who are young and small for their age understand this the most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R

Without a doubt!

What is the difference? Both graduate a year later than they are supposed to. Both are playing down which isn't acceptable in any other sport but lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure that the FCA Blue 2018's have atleast five to six holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure that the FCA Blue 2018's have atleast five to six holdbacks.

I think this number is about on point with all the local top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R

Without a doubt!

What is the difference? Both graduate a year later than they are supposed to. Both are playing down which isn't acceptable in any other sport but lacrosse.

If you think it is limited to lacrosse or Maryland you're kidding yourself. It happens in all sports across the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the DMV only prevalent among the private school kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is that some kind of joke? The FCA program has TONS of reclassified kids. Tons.

WWJD? Play the holdbacks

Kumbaya, pass the hat.

Act like you've won a game before.....dad who never played. Let me guess...you were in the band.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R

Without a doubt!

--On point, it "isn't acceptable in any other sport but lacrosse"!!!!!!... Travel soccer has a sanctioned ID system... rec football has ID cards issued by the State.

Why is it so hard for the offending families to admit that their kids operate at an advantage? I would just admit it... "My Billy is bigger stronger and faster than your kid because I have the means to create an advantage for him." Just like "My Billy spent 14 years at a college prep school because... wait for it ... I have the means to create an advantage for him." Just be honest about it and we'll all leave you guys alone... [lacrosse], it's America... some people with mediocre talent are provided stellar opportunity. And some people with stellar talent are provided mediocre opportunity... If I were the former, I'd get T-Shirts made up that say "Let'em eat cake!" Flaunt that advantage!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R

Without a doubt!

If you think it is limited to lacrosse or Maryland you're kidding yourself. It happens in all sports across the country.

Not sure about MD but hockey, soccer, basketball and baseball all have very strict age limits. Very often kids cannot play within their grade, even if they meet the state cut off, the sport guideline does not always line up. Guess what? Everyone is fine and they play alongside age appropriate teams. If a kid is a ft taller and 50 pounds heavier, it's due to his DNA, not grade manipulation or starting school late. No advantages other than natural ones which is how it should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R

Best post on the board about this issue... nothing left to be said.

Without a doubt!

Not sure about MD but hockey, soccer, basketball and baseball all have very strict age limits. Very often kids cannot play within their grade, even if they meet the state cut off, the sport guideline does not always line up. Guess what? Everyone is fine and they play alongside age appropriate teams. If a kid is a ft taller and 50 pounds heavier, it's due to his DNA, not grade manipulation or starting school late. No advantages other than natural ones which is how it should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R

Without a doubt!

I have two boys playing lacrosse, both have played at one point baseball, soccer, football, and ice hockey. I didn't see this issue with any of those sports. This is unique to lacrosse, and specifically the Maryland area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is that some kind of joke? The FCA program has TONS of reclassified kids. Tons.

WWJD? Play the holdbacks

Kumbaya, pass the hat.

Act like you've won a game before.....dad who never played. Let me guess...you were in the band.

ONE OF THE OLDEST, not the oldest?

let me guess the kids born in the summer of 2001 are the oldest kids!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played AAU BB for a couple years in the Baltimore area. AAU BB is way worse than Lax. My 5th grade son would have to post up on guys with facial hair.....in 5th grade!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R

Without a doubt!

I have two boys playing lacrosse, both have played at one point baseball, soccer, football, and ice hockey. I didn't see this issue with any of those sports. This is unique to lacrosse, and specifically the Maryland area.

Guess you've never been to an AAU basketball tournament? Reclassifying is the norm in the basketball world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
.[/quote] Guess you've never been to an AAU basketball tournament? Reclassifying is the norm in the basketball world. [/quote]

so Basketball is the gold standard for youth sports?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you've never been to an AAU basketball tournament? Reclassifying is the norm in the basketball world. [/quote]

so Basketball is the gold standard for youth sports?[/quote]

No, but don't act like lacrosse is the only sport where kids don't play other kids that are their own age.

The Little League World Series is for kids 11-13. Just how in the world can those 13 year olds be allowed to play against 11 year olds? Such a travesty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you've never been to an AAU basketball tournament? Reclassifying is the norm in the basketball world.

so Basketball is the gold standard for youth sports?[/quote]

No, but don't act like lacrosse is the only sport where kids don't play other kids that are their own age.

The Little League World Series is for kids 11-13. Just how in the world can those 13 year olds be allowed to play against 11 year olds? Such a travesty [/quote]

Let's follow your sarcastic point. It is fine to have 11 year olds play 13 year olds if that is the rule (and by comparison that is what the old U-9, U-11, U-13 etc... lacrosse rules anticipated). What is not so fine and what you are purposely trying to fudge up is what the age based standard (really no standard) has brought about age spreads of three and sometimes four years with no ability to enforce any rule since all players are theoretically in the same grade (after being held back (excuse me... reclassified)) and worse, no way to even prove what grade a player is in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAU BB kid is usually a poorer kid hoping for a full scholarship out of the hood and dreams for NBA millions. Private school holdback is usually from a upper middle class to wealthy family hoping to live in the limelight of the club scene, private high school scene and maybe a partial scholarship to a school that costs $50,000 a year. Financially it does not make sense. PARENTS EGO'S are the driving force behind the lacrosse holdbacks! Completely different circumstances than to compare with AAU basketball.

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard