BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 66 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC is in 'AA'. Play Big 4 HHH, FCA and C2C. Should be great games. [/quote]

I agree, should be great games. Does make you stop and wonder why vlc played down in the spring.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote] You would hope he is talking about a NY kid? If Md parent holding back a Sept birthday and complaining?? Wow!!.. MD Kid would be oldest by far (1-2 years)than any child in his grade. [/quote]

please don't make uneducated comments. MD public school kids don't go to pre-first or stay back to repeat grades by choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 2020 is going to have an awesome team next season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FCA 2020 is going to have an awesome team next season

why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Looneys goalie, best middie, face off kid from fla are all going to fca.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Looneys goalie, best middie, face off kid from fla are all going to fca.

Yeah the 2020 age group is getting to that age where everyone is moving and a lot of kids are going to FCA.

And where did you hear all those looneys kids are moving

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA already has one of the best goalies in the area, why would they bring in another?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 FCA team already has a great goalie? Not buying it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA already has one of the best goalies in the area, why would they bring in another?

Which one? The one who plays up or the shorter one who plays on the 2020AA team

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Which one? The one who plays up or the shorter one who plays on the 2020AA team

There will be no pointing out of children. Got it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with everything you said except that a summer of 2001 birthday who is going into 8th grade was certainly held back, they were just held back before they started school.

There it is folks, a new word for explaining things away, we now have that aren't holdbacks, they are simply Pre-Holdbacks, that solves the problem, i'm on hold with Webster's and Wikipedia right now, hoping to get it in before August 1st, so it wont be next yea. r

Both of my kids have Sept birthdays and I had both of them do an extra year of kindergarten. Does that mean that we are cheating the system because they are both on the old side for their grade? I had no idea that they would play sports once they were older. Contrast that with the boy that repeats 8th grade for lacrosse only (regardless of what his parents say). To me, those scenarios are completely different.

so your kids were 7 when they did their 2nd kindergarten year?
if your school district has the typical sept 1 cut-off they would have been old for their grade w/o repeat. Or you in a dec cutoff like in NY where they would be young the first time around? If the former, what was the rationale at the time? [/quote]

One will turn 16 this Sept and is going into 10th grade and one will turn 14 this Sept and is going into 8th grade. Does that make them reclassified/holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with everything you said except that a summer of 2001 birthday who is going into 8th grade was certainly held back, they were just held back before they started school.

There it is folks, a new word for explaining things away, we now have that aren't holdbacks, they are simply Pre-Holdbacks, that solves the problem, i'm on hold with Webster's and Wikipedia right now, hoping to get it in before August 1st, so it wont be next yea. r

Both of my kids have Sept birthdays and I had both of them do an extra year of kindergarten. Does that mean that we are cheating the system because they are both on the old side for their grade? I had no idea that they would play sports once they were older. Contrast that with the boy that repeats 8th grade for lacrosse only (regardless of what his parents say). To me, those scenarios are completely different.

if your school district has the typical sept 1 cut-off they would have been old for their grade w/o repeat. Or you in a dec cutoff like in NY where they would be young the first time around? If the former, what was the rationale at the time?

One will turn 16 this Sept and is going into 10th grade and one will turn 14 this Sept and is going into 8th grade. Does that make them reclassified/holdbacks? [/quote]

I'd hope not - my son's two best friends are in the exact same situation with end of Aug birthdays and they are all going into 8th grade. No one was held back - their parents took the advice of school officials that boys mature more slowly, so they started them in school for the 2020 grad year way back when. Just so happens that one of them is 6' and one is 5'3" - both are excellent lacrosse players, and "old" for their grade. My son, who is young for his grade (almost a year younger than his buddies) happens to be 5'11" and 160 lbs and is also a very good lacrosse player - I'm certain people see him standing next to their 5'1" son and think "no way he's 13" - he is, though. Fact is, kids grow and mature at different paces and age is simply one factor - my son played up on JV this past winter, and was bigger than many kids out there, and also smaller, and he held his own very well. Bottom line is, you should and do what the leagues dictate - if that happens to be grad year, it's grad year - no one should cry about it, it is what it is. If it's age based play, then ages should be checked and it should be regulated, and the cheaters should forfeit. You can't have it both ways though - either it's 2020 or U13, not both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if your school district has the typical sept 1 cut-off they would have been old for their grade w/o repeat. Or you in a dec cutoff like in NY where they would be young the first time around? If the former, what was the rationale at the time?

One will turn 16 this Sept and is going into 10th grade and one will turn 14 this Sept and is going into 8th grade. Does that make them reclassified/holdbacks?[/quote]

Most states have sept 1 cutoffs for entering kindergarten including here in MD. They would be in proper grade here. Not a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You would hope he is talking about a NY kid? If Md parent holding back a Sept birthday and complaining?? Wow!!.. MD Kid would be oldest by far (1-2 years)than any child in his grade. [/quote]

please don't make uneducated comments. MD public school kids don't go to pre-first or stay back to repeat grades by choice. [/quote]

Might want to look at your own uneducated comment. Pretty easy to follow. NY kid is on age with most of country starting in Sept late, MD bigtime older. Nothing to do with public or private?? Everyone knows that the holdback/reclassify/pre-first thing in MD is a private school thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Looneys goalie wont make it because FCA 2020 has 2 of the best goalies in the 2020 age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca needs to check itself. Corrupt. Keep dreaming

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca 20 lost to club blue this past weekend. Ouch. Keep dreaming

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was in a pools of water up to your ankles and a lot of players weren't there because parents didn't want them out there. They also did girls face offs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was in a pools of water up to your ankles and a lot of players weren't there because parents didn't want them out there. They also did girls face offs

no excuses, both teams played in the same weather and dealt with the same issues during the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were up like 5-1 at half then they started doing like girl faceoffs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Fca 20 lost to club blue this past weekend. Ouch. Keep dreaming

What kind of crazy s_ _t is that? Girls face offs? What garb tourney was this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Fca 20 lost to club blue this past weekend. Ouch. Keep dreaming

What kind of crazy s_ _t is that? Girls face offs? What garb tourney was this?

It's because it rained like 3-4 inches I guess but FCA was dominating the real face offs and the faceoff guy wasn't there Hes in vacation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What has Looneys 2020 won this year. Run when u can parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about those FCA 2020AA players who switched to their single A team for Young Guns today ? Wow. Total lack of ethics -seems prevalent in youth lacrosse lately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA brought down 2019 players to play MPLL as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about those FCA 2020AA players who switched to their single A team for Young Guns today ? Wow. Total lack of ethics -seems prevalent in youth lacrosse lately.

Doesn't bother me(coach here)I know the kids and coaches. It's okay they were filling out the roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't bother me(coach here)I know the kids and coaches. It's okay they were filling out the roster

There are levels for a reason, AA players shouldn't be playing down on A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the problem with lacrosse, all this cheating has been going on for years. So long, it has become common practice for the established lax communities. Now that lacrosse has seen significant growth, the dirty little secrets are being exposed, and aren't accepted in most areas outside of the established communities.

Until lacrosse fixes this, they will not become a major youth sport outside of the mid Atlantic and northeast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you even have an invite only for a single A tournament?

How prestigious can it be to be asked to play in a tournament's lower division? "Can you please come to our tournament to prove you are the 20th best team?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is the issue with Lacrosse, it has become accepted to allow kids to play down in skill level and age. Top team players shouldn't be FILLING out the roster of the second team for tournaments, and kids shouldn't be allowed to play down in age. These practices have become the norm in lacrosse, and need to be addressed by US Lax if they want to grow the sport more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But it is not about you-ask the kids they played against and see of they are okay with it. Afterall, it is about thr kids. Chuckle. Chuckle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys you want to play fca again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So FCA brought AAs down and 2019s as well? I watched those games - they're still not good....haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So FCA brought AAs down and 2019s as well? I watched those games - they're still not good....haha

Beat you twice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chill out with all tbe accusations it was only like 5 2020AA players because the FCA A team were very short on players and they already entered the tournament.No 2019 players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chill out with all tbe accusations it was only like 5 2020AA players because the FCA A team were very short on players and they already entered the tournament.No 2019 players

which is still wrong, play with your original roster don't bring AA ringers with you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

which is still wrong, play with your original roster don't bring AA ringers with you

While this is not breaking any rules, it is just getting to the point that families are becoming very frustrated with youth lacrosse. Something has to be done, or the sport will implode and leave a few standing clubs and go back to being a sport of the privileged. I agree it is not a terrible thing to have guest players from within your club, that are on age, help fill out a roster. That said, when other clubs, teams enter a bracket, they choose carefully, knowing their team's skill level. Families pay a lot for these experiences, and many make huge sacrifices for their family so that their kid(s) can play in these tournaments. It is just frustrating for teams to go to a tournament to find themselves up against better ranked kids, clubs or older players. So, no, the rules were not broken, and this is an acceptable practice, among certain circumstances, it is disheartening to the opposing clubs and teams when their shot at solid competition is suddenly changed, beyond anything in their control. That is why USL needs to step it up fast, along with tournament directors, way too much fluidity between kids switching rosters, age groups etc. It is hurting the sport and the desire for families to have their kids join.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While this is not breaking any rules, it is just getting to the point that families are becoming very frustrated with youth lacrosse. Something has to be done, or the sport will implode and leave a few standing clubs and go back to being a sport of the privileged. I agree it is not a terrible thing to have guest players from within your club, that are on age, help fill out a roster. That said, when other clubs, teams enter a bracket, they choose carefully, knowing their team's skill level. Families pay a lot for these experiences, and many make huge sacrifices for their family so that their kid(s) can play in these tournaments. It is just frustrating for teams to go to a tournament to find themselves up against better ranked kids, clubs or older players. So, no, the rules were not broken, and this is an acceptable practice, among certain circumstances, it is disheartening to the opposing clubs and teams when their shot at solid competition is suddenly changed, beyond anything in their control. That is why USL needs to step it up fast, along with tournament directors, way too much fluidity between kids switching rosters, age groups etc. It is hurting the sport and the desire for families to have their kids join.

Nicely said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unbelievable statement. You put 5 AA players on the field with single A players. Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is without a doubt wrong, unless they were playing at the highest level of competition in the tournament. Adding players so you have enough on your roster is one thing, playing down with half of your starting line up is totally different.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 66 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard