BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: US Lacrosse Women's National Tournament
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
of course not, my point was really to the YJ bashers. whatever team the girls make is a great accomplishment, I'm saddened it's being turned into such a controversial event.

I agree and I am not a yj parent. There is a way to go about making changes if one is truly interested. In fact the US Lacrosse representative gave his personal email on this very thread. You would think that would stop the posts and begin the repairs to the system some are claiming to be needed. It has not. We will continue to see the vitriolic and argumentative posts because let's face it, we all know these types, they have an outlet and by God they will talk to anyone who will listen. US Lacrosse will surely listen to those who contact them and choose to be constructive which is where your energy should be focused.

Its hard enough mixing club and school ball and all the politics, add in a showcase tournament team sanctioned by another organization it gets real dicey. Here's one way US lax could run try outs- find/hire evaluators from out of region to pick team members from jersey numbers at try outs, with no names and no affiliations listed. In the end there will still be many yj's to make the team because they are good and there are a million of them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
of course not, my point was really to the YJ bashers. whatever team the girls make is a great accomplishment, I'm saddened it's being turned into such a controversial event.
It's controversial only because politics get involved. From selection at the school level, to the selection at try-outs. It is no longer about the best girl being chosen, but who plays for what club, and who is favored by coaches. I remember a time when we all played as hard as we could for the jersey on our back that day. Club loyalty has seeped into the high schools and its no longer about pride in you school. It's all about how many girls from this club or that club. I'm ashamed for the sport. This is a sad time

A little dramatic are we? The only reason this is an issue is that this website provides a forum for whining. I am sure some very good players got overlooked! I am also sure that some very good players got overlooked in the past. EVERY tryout has some level of politics. With 3 teams playing I am sure MOST of the very good players were picked correctly. Understand that if a coach has a familiarity of a player it may subconciously or conciously sway their assessment of that player. I also beleive that evaluators do not want to grade a kid high that they know is not a good player! In the end MOST of the picks will be right! For those that were left out, it sucks, but don't diminish the accomplishments of the kids who made it! They are all good players and I am sure well deserving! Lets not teach these kids to blame the system! It doesn't do them any good! Teach them to stick with it and if they work hard they will be noticed for another opportunity!

Well said!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree and I am not a yj parent. There is a way to go about making changes if one is truly interested. In fact the US Lacrosse representative gave his personal email on this very thread. You would think that would stop the posts and begin the repairs to the system some are claiming to be needed. It has not. We will continue to see the vitriolic and argumentative posts because let's face it, we all know these types, they have an outlet and by God they will talk to anyone who will listen. US Lacrosse will surely listen to those who contact them and choose to be constructive which is where your energy should be focused.

Its hard enough mixing club and school ball and all the politics, add in a showcase tournament team sanctioned by another organization it gets real dicey. Here's one way US lax could run try outs- find/hire evaluators from out of region to pick team members from jersey numbers at try outs, with no names and no affiliations listed. In the end there will still be many yj's to make the team because they are good and there are a million of them.

I feel the system in place is fine. However the Mt Sinai coach who will be starring in the sequel to "Wedding Crashers", titled "Tryout Crashers", starring Danny Devito as Al Bertalone should not have been there. Not sure if Mr. Devito can pull off the constant annoying sideline instruction but he is a talented actor so we will wait for the reviews. Coming soon to a tournament near you this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel the system in place is fine. However the Mt Sinai coach who will be starring in the sequel to "Wedding Crashers", titled "Tryout Crashers", starring Danny Devito as Al Bertalone should not have been there. Not sure if Mr. Devito can pull off the constant annoying sideline instruction but he is a talented actor so we will wait for the reviews. Coming soon to a tournament near you this summer.

Your attempt at comedy is pathetic! It is sad that you would take "pot shots" at a guy who has given so much to girls lacrosse! If you think it is for a huge profit, you are wrong! If you heard the back up goalie from MT Sinai speak about how much he affected her life in a positive way at the YJ luncheon ,you would not be slandering the man. In addition yo< you have no idea if he was asked to come or not! Sorry if your daughter got cut! Maybe you should get Coach Bert to work with her!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your attempt at comedy is pathetic! It is sad that you would take "pot shots" at a guy who has given so much to girls lacrosse! If you think it is for a huge profit, you are wrong! If you heard the back up goalie from MT Sinai speak about how much he affected her life in a positive way at the YJ luncheon ,you would not be slandering the man. In addition yo< you have no idea if he was asked to come or not! Sorry if your daughter got cut! Maybe you should get Coach Bert to work with her!!!

1. I never mentioned cost. 2. I never mentioned a player or back up goalie. 3. I did not slander him as everyone thinks his sideline antics are annoying. 4. I do have an idea he was not invited...trust me. 5. My daughter did not get cut but thanks for the teaching tip. And finally....It was really funny and you know it so take a Valium and ease up on the legal terms.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. I never mentioned cost. 2. I never mentioned a player or back up goalie. 3. I did not slander him as everyone thinks his sideline antics are annoying. 4. I do have an idea he was not invited...trust me. 5. My daughter did not get cut but thanks for the teaching tip. And finally....It was really funny and you know it so take a Valium and ease up on the legal terms.

BTW I never said he wasn't a good coach just that he shouldn't have been there openly lobbying for his kids. That's what people are pissed at I think. My kid made team 3 so she is happy but many are not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW I never said he wasn't a good coach just that he shouldn't have been there openly lobbying for his kids. That's what people are pissed at I think. My kid made team 3 so she is happy but many are not.

Lobbying? My understanding is that each coach gives a grade at a prticular station, then they add up the grades and the kids with the highest grades get put on the top team and so on! Do you really think he was going from coach to coach persuading them to rate the kids he knows higher? Maybe he graded them high, but that is a small percentage of the overall grade. Do you think it might be possible that the Mt Sinai kids are actually good players? Most of their kids made team 1 and 2 so regardless of his scoring other coaches must have thought they can play. These are teenage girls who work hard. Posts like yours, attempt to taint their accomplishments in a public forum. You have NO facts, just speculation. i am sure your daughter works hard too and I am also confident you would not want anyone saying she didn't earn her spot!!! Like an earlier poster wrote. If you have a gripe contact US lax. Don't take shots at kids (indirectly or directly). BTW the whole "Tryout Crashers" Really wasn't that funny! You need better material. I am always up for a good laugh!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should he not be there? All other coaches who attended were all doing the same for their kids lobbying. Why single him out? Oh because he is a YJ coach. You can single out Mr Top Gun Levy he had his daughter in tryout? Now that's scary All clubs were well represented including Liberty DG and the Wave sachem East Coach. Don't single out one selector that's just not fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lobbying? My understanding is that each coach gives a grade at a prticular station, then they add up the grades and the kids with the highest grades get put on the top team and so on! Do you really think he was going from coach to coach persuading them to rate the kids he knows higher? Maybe he graded them high, but that is a small percentage of the overall grade. Do you think it might be possible that the Mt Sinai kids are actually good players? Most of their kids made team 1 and 2 so regardless of his scoring other coaches must have thought they can play. These are teenage girls who work hard. Posts like yours, attempt to taint their accomplishments in a public forum. You have NO facts, just speculation. i am sure your daughter works hard too and I am also confident you would not want anyone saying she didn't earn her spot!!! Like an earlier poster wrote. If you have a gripe contact US lax. Don't take shots at kids (indirectly or directly). BTW the whole "Tryout Crashers" Really wasn't that funny! You need better material. I am always up for a good laugh!

Ok. Good response. Point taken. But it was kinda funny though. Maybe a little?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should he not be there? All other coaches who attended were all doing the same for their kids lobbying. Why single him out? Oh because he is a YJ coach. You can single out Mr Top Gun Levy he had his daughter in tryout? Now that's scary All clubs were well represented including Liberty DG and the Wave sachem East Coach. Don't single out one selector that's just not fair.
No he gets singled out because he was not originally supposed to be there at all, Coach Allie ,& Coach Gallagher were. Remember he just showed up to "help" in the selection. can I walk on to "help" next year? Did he try to 'help" any non Y.J. players. I doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he gets singled out because he was not originally supposed to be there at all, Coach Allie ,& Coach Gallagher were. Remember he just showed up to "help" in the selection. can I walk on to "help" next year? Did he try to 'help" any non Y.J. players. I doubt it.

Again, speculation! Let it go! 60 plus girls made it, I am sure they are all good and deserving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, speculation! Let it go! 60 plus girls made it, I am sure they are all good and deserving.
There is nothing for my daughter to "let go" though invited , she didn't attend because she knows the this event is nothing more than a popularity contest. Yes she is more than good enough to make a team, no we don't care what you think . but there is no speculation he was not supposed to be there and your in denial of how unfair that is. and thats why my daughter would not go to this event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

===================================
Yes, Thank You. Let's Move on.
OK,,, my daughter made the team & your's did not. There is always next year. Get over it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

are they or did you buy there way on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BUY their way on?
You are comical! Do you think all the evaluators got an envelope? LOL Stop with the sour grapes! Come watch the tournament and decide for yourself if any of the girls are so bad! It is sad that people need to try to drag down others to make themselves or their kids feel better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not buying your way on diirectly. If one spends gobs and gobs of money on tuitions, travel, uniforms, training, camps etc, one should expect some lobbying on their behalf from the organization and coaches taking the money. If it is a large difference in talent a kid won't be denied. But many of the make or break kids are very close talentwise, that's where the politics come into play. Sucks? Sure does, but that's the way it goes. Your time may be better spent kissing someones a$$ and shmoozing the higher ups, than bitching about it on a message board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not buying your way on diirectly. If one spends gobs and gobs of money on tuitions, travel, uniforms, training, camps etc, one should expect some lobbying on their behalf from the organization and coaches taking the money. If it is a large difference in talent a kid won't be denied. But many of the make or break kids are very close talentwise, that's where the politics come into play. Sucks? Sure does, but that's the way it goes. Your time may be better spent kissing someones a$$ and shmoozing the higher ups, than bitching about it on a message board.
This is by far the best, most honest post on the subject. Unfortunately, I , along with other parents teach our kids to not kiss a$$, so in lacrosse our kids will suffer. I have no doubt that my daughters hard work ( no matter what camps, and directors get paid ) will achieve her lax goals without this event. In my mind L.I. has the best players bar none . If the best players got picked, all the tams should win there brackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is by far the best, most honest post on the subject. Unfortunately, I , along with other parents teach our kids to not kiss a$$, so in lacrosse our kids will suffer. I have no doubt that my daughters hard work ( no matter what camps, and directors get paid ) will achieve her lax goals without this event. In my mind L.I. has the best players bar none . If the best players got picked, all the tams should win there brackets

Taking this way too far. If it's just a tournament and you could care less then why all the verbal diarrhea? Let it go and move on then. If not you prove the sour grapes theory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taking this way too far. If it's just a tournament and you could care less then why all the verbal diarrhea? Let it go and move on then. If not you prove the sour grapes theory.
With people like you we will never prove the theory, You will just say that your kid is better because she made the team , You have a very small 1 tracked mind, and you will do and say anything to dismiss the fact that your kid probably only got on a team because you paid the correct camp/club. I'll be the first to admit that we live in a world of haves, & have not's , you have, we have not . That does not mean you or your daughter deserve it, or in any way better. just that you pay more , and cry louder to people in charge. Like I said , if the best girls are on the team they will win , if not they lose, will you admit it if they lose, no you're the type to come up with an excuse , or blame someone els. I.E. you're the loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With people like you we will never prove the theory, You will just say that your kid is better because she made the team , You have a very small 1 tracked mind, and you will do and say anything to dismiss the fact that your kid probably only got on a team because you paid the correct camp/club. I'll be the first to admit that we live in a world of haves, & have not's , you have, we have not . That does not mean you or your daughter deserve it, or in any way better. just that you pay more , and cry louder to people in charge. Like I said , if the best girls are on the team they will win , if not they lose, will you admit it if they lose, no you're the type to come up with an excuse , or blame someone els. I.E. you're the loser.

This brings whining to a new level! Holy Crap! You actually think that Maryland doesn't have good players? Who knows who will win. LI won just the third division last year. Some of the other teams have practiced. The LI teams don't. Whether they win or lose means nothing. What is pathetic is that you will probably hope LI loses to make yourself feel better. If your daughter was good enough to be on team 1, there is no way she was overlooked for all the teams. I am not saying there are no politics at all but there were many coaches from differnt clubs/schools/towns. If you are that good you will be put on a team. I bet most of the selections were right! It is amazing how people will put down other kids for their own agenda!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a pretty poor message to pass on to your kid. Are you a socialist? Just wondering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's have no cuts and all team 1's so this parent won't have anything to say about Susie being cut. THEN we will never keep score and no one will strive to improve because everyone will be equal. THEN...............what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well said!

This brings whining to a new level! Holy Crap! You actually think that Maryland doesn't have good players? Who knows who will win. LI won just the third division last year. Some of the other teams have practiced. The LI teams don't. Whether they win or lose means nothing. What is pathetic is that you will probably hope LI loses to make yourself feel better. If your daughter was good enough to be on team 1, there is no way she was overlooked for all the teams. I am not saying there are no politics at all but there were many coaches from differnt clubs/schools/towns. If you are that good you will be put on a team. I bet most of the selections were right! It is amazing how people will put down other kids for their own agenda!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's have no cuts and all team 1's so this parent won't have anything to say about Susie being cut. THEN we will never keep score and no one will strive to improve because everyone will be equal. THEN...............what?

Oh that's easy, a snack at half time and a participation trophy! We would not want to have anyone starve during an hour game or be left out of ANYTHING! that would be unAmerican (The New Granola America!) Oh and don't forget to make your daughters tharapist appointment to make sure she was not traumatized by those evil evaluators! Then you can stop by your lawyer to see if you may have a discrimination law suit!! Excuse me, I need to go take a shower to get all this socialist dribble I am reading off of me!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh that's easy, a snack at half time and a participation trophy! We would not want to have anyone starve during an hour game or be left out of ANYTHING! that would be unAmerican (The New Granola America!) Oh and don't forget to make your daughters tharapist appointment to make sure she was not traumatized by those evil evaluators! Then you can stop by your lawyer to see if you may have a discrimination law suit!! Excuse me, I need to go take a shower to get all this socialist dribble I am reading off of me!

Amen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how did the teams do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how did the teams do?

Team 3 won their bracket.
Team 2 went 4-0 in the preliminary bracket and lost to Team 1 in the playoffs.
Team 1 lost in the finals.
All showed pretty well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard