BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ 2018 Grazidei played outstanding this weekend ! They won their bracket and beat a very good Capital 2018 Blue team to get into the semi finals.
They faced TLC 2018 Red ( the team that won ) and lost by a goal - 3 to 2 in overtime.
Congratulations to the players and coaches - they proved they can play at the "A" level and compete !
I am a parent from one of the other top teams in the age group and there is no question Grazidei can play with any of the top A teams out there. Speaks to the depth of the YJs program.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Grazidei played outstanding this weekend ! They won their bracket and beat a very good Capital 2018 Blue team to get into the semi finals.
They faced TLC 2018 Red ( the team that won ) and lost by a goal - 3 to 2 in overtime.
Congratulations to the players and coaches - they proved they can play at the "A" level and compete !
I am a parent from one of the other top teams in the age group and there is no question Grazidei can play with any of the top A teams out there. Speaks to the depth of the YJs program.

I agree the second team for yj 2018 is exceptionally strong for a club's second team. The second team for most clubs typically has a massive drop off, even most other YJ age groups. 18 Rose is a great team, just need to get in a rhythm. Hats off to TLC and Hero's. M&D, Steps, Skywalkers all in top team category, not quite sure that second YJ team is quite the A level, but very close. And were does TGs18 fit in this discussion these days?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE G8:
Because that's the way the Directors of the G8 Tournament, Carol Rose (YJ) and Tracy Weiner (YJ), the Schoulbergs and Walsh (NJ Steps) want it.

They create a tournament and ban their LI and NJ competition from it, it is called a Monopoly …. the YJ and Steps clubs don't want their competitors to have a chance to attract their players.

Let's face it, the other teams (M&D, Heros, TLC, Skywalkers) might be better in the end of the tournament than the YJ and the Steps teams (at least at the A level), but you are not going to travel to MD to switch to a better team.

If another LI or NJ team were there a parent might realize that their marginal YJ player might just tip the scales on another team… and switch!

It's the Don Starsia methodology… recruit as many of the top players as you can get… you don't need them all of course, and they can't all play (especially the amount of minutes they want to play), but at least your competitors won't get them!
There is no team in NJ that can compete with STEPs I assure you and Charlie is not worried about that. He and the LI Express coaches want only the best club teams there and if you have paid any attention to the results so far this year at Champions Cup and Lax for the Cure, that is exactly what they have. Stop whining, this is the future of lax tournaments, just like on the boys side, where the handful of best teams in the country play each other without 100 other teams, and the college coaches come flocking.

Completely agree that this is the future of recruiting events. Very similar to the McDonough Mid Atlantic tournament. Same exact concept. Invite only the very best teams, make it easy for the college coaches. Seriously most of these summer tournaments the competition is pitiful. All the top teams are walking away from the money grab tournaments and going to these value tournaments. Select, elite, invite only, whatever you want to call it, I love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree the second team for yj 2018 is exceptionally strong for a club's second team. The second team for most clubs typically has a massive drop off, even most other YJ age groups. 18 Rose is a great team, just need to get in a rhythm. Hats off to TLC and Hero's. M&D, Steps, Skywalkers all in top team category, not quite sure that second YJ team is quite the A level, but very close. And were does TGs18 fit in this discussion these days?

They are a good team. Only problem is the coach. Ever see him act on the sidelines and toward the girls -bathe guys jerk. He's trying so hard to fit into the YJ mold by yelling and screaming wouldn't let him near my daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats it all mean its girls lacrosse for christ sake.Its hard to watch and easy to play for athletic girls.An athlete can put a lacrosse stick down for years,pick it up and play in college.Cant do that in basketball or soccer.And you can't run around for 10 minutes with a lead in any other sport and run out the clock.Its a joke.And my kids play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your dead wrong !!! Name one good college or pro coach that doesn't yell during a game . Vinny is one of the best
YJ coaches in the program - and the kids all agree.
If you ever played sports you would know you can't take yelling personal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your dead wrong !!! Name one good college or pro coach that doesn't yell during a game . Vinny is one of the best

He's an idiot. Everybody knows it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For some reason, there is a perception that Md United is good. They were good for their 15's and the 16 East (A) team was pretty good. But, their younger teams are not good. Thw director is more of a business person and primo bs artist. Her "coaching" resume' is practically non-existant. My guess is that they only reason they were invited to the "Great" 8 was because of publicity..not talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's an idiot. Everybody knows it.

I love the fact that his daughter plays on a different team than he coaches, smart move. CR should make that a standard policy for all dad/mom coaches looking to save tuition. He is a good coach and has a very good team, there will always be haters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For some reason, there is a perception that Md United is good. They were good for their 15's and the 16 East (A) team was pretty good. But, their younger teams are not good. Thw director is more of a business person and primo bs artist. Her "coaching" resume' is practically non-existant. My guess is that they only reason they were invited to the "Great" 8 was because of publicity..not talent.

Okay - if not MD United, then who else should be in this tournament. For the sake of debate, which other club should be invited. Though this is the 2018 forum - it cannot just be narrowed down to a club that has an exceptionally strong 2018 team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have nothing to do with MD United, but you must have a hidden agenda because what you say has no credibility. M&D has a terrific program and can play with any of the top 2018 teams (or 2017/2019 teams) on any given day. The fact is that there is a fair amount of parity among the top 5-10 teams in the 2018 age group. Just look at the results from the Champions Cup and Lax for the Cure. There is no 1 dominant team - YJs Rose, TLC Red, M&D Black, Capital Blue, Skywalkers Blue, STEPS, NEMS and Hero's. And to some extent who cares, this year is primarily about the girls getting recruited which is why most tournaments have a showcase format and not a championship format.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest, TG 2018 Black should be invited...They have beaten Capital Blue this year, have also beaten TLC, Hero's, Steps in 2014. Have not beaten Skywalkers Blue or M&D Black though. Also have not played YJ Rose. They are certainly in the top 4 - 8 range of teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think CR/TW are going to invite a TG team to their tournament you have to be kidding yourself! They would do anything to hurt the Smiths… and their teams. Give them them an opportunity to show them up… not a chance! TG used to show them up at their LI showcase at the end of July until CR/TW stopped letting them in. So TG started their own tourney right next door! Its like McDonald's and Burger King!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE G8:
Because that's the way the Directors of the G8 Tournament, Carol Rose (YJ) and Tracy Weiner (YJ), the Schoulbergs and Walsh (NJ Steps) want it.

They create a tournament and ban their LI and NJ competition from it, it is called a Monopoly …. the YJ and Steps clubs don't want their competitors to have a chance to attract their players.

Let's face it, the other teams (M&D, Heros, TLC, Skywalkers) might be better in the end of the tournament than the YJ and the Steps teams (at least at the A level), but you are not going to travel to MD to switch to a better team.

If another LI or NJ team were there a parent might realize that their marginal YJ player might just tip the scales on another team… and switch!

It's the Don Starsia methodology… recruit as many of the top players as you can get… you don't need them all of course, and they can't all play (especially the amount of minutes they want to play), but at least your competitors won't get them!

I just looked at the schedule - it looks like South Jersey Select is also going to be there. That makes it at least 2 New Jersey clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per the Websites:
G8: 40 College Coaches on the list to attend.
The Grind: 89 College Coaches on list to Attend.

I wouldn't say the coaches are '"flocking" to the G8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per the Websites:

Who's playing at the Grind apart from TG and Integrity? Regarding college coaches - it would not surprise me if a bunch of them have double booked that weekend because of the proximity of these two tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per the Websites:

Where is the current 2015 list for the Grind - I've only been able to find the 2014 list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think CR/TW are going to invite a TG team to their tournament you have to be kidding yourself! They would do anything to hurt the Smiths… and their teams. Give them them an opportunity to show them up… not a chance! TG used to show them up at their LI showcase at the end of July until CR/TW stopped letting them in. So TG started their own tourney right next door! Its like McDonald's and Burger King!

The odd part is Hofstra is attending this tournament as a recruiting college. Hodfstra also went to Mid Atlantic tournament. Seems SS knows the tournaments to go to for recruiting, but doesn't send the club teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be honest, TG 2018 Black should be invited...They have beaten Capital Blue this year, have also beaten TLC, Hero's, Steps in 2014. Have not beaten Skywalkers Blue or M&D Black though. Also have not played YJ Rose. They are certainly in the top 4 - 8 range of teams.
How would anyone know? Never see them at the top tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per the Websites:

Check back closer to tournament time, the list will be much larger just like what happened a few weeks before Champions Cup and Lax for the Cure vs. what the final list looked like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they did not play STEPS Blue (their A team) in the Fall so maybe beat STEPS White which is the B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they did not play STEPS Blue (their A team) in the Fall so maybe beat STEPS White which is the B team.

Beat Steps Blue in The Grind pool play, July 2014

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How have they done against the top Maryland teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How have they done against the top Maryland teams? For the 2018s STEPS didn't go to A (Blue) and B (White) teams to the fall of this year. Last summer they had two even teams so results are comparable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct...M&D is a good program, top to bottom. But, Md United is not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just checked Champions Cup results. Md United 2017 East went 2-0 against mediocre competition. Md United 2018 East went 0-2 against mediocre competition. There are no results posted for LFTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mediocre competition in Champions Cup?
Hero's 2017 4 0
MD United 2017 East 2 0
Sky Walkers 2017 Blue 2 0
Capital 2017 Blue 1 1
SJS Pink 17 1 2
Metro Blue 2017 0 1
M&D 2017 Black 1 2
Phantastix 2017 Purple 0 2
BB17B
I would say the competition was pretty strong!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Capital 2017 Blue just won the LFTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah sure you are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to 91 Titanium this past weekend?

Per the Websites:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Per the Websites:

Titanium is 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per the Websites:

That ratio of coaches between the Grind and G8 does look about right and makes sense. The Grind had the quantity and G8 had the quality. I cannot speak for who showed up at the Grind specifically, but I do know that the top programs were at G8 and it's really tough to be in two places at once.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all got a ribbon after losing in semi final.

Per the Websites:

Titanium is 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word has it they Sat around a campfire singing Kumbaya.

Per the Websites:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true , doesn't the director Darby coach this team ? Is that what they encourage ?

Per the Websites:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No , titanium coach is a RP coach

quote=Anonymous]So true , doesn't the director Darby coach this team ? Is that what they encourage ?

Per the Websites:

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like someone is jealous they didn't get invited

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking the 2018 Cap Cup schedules and the only two LI teams that are playing each other are Elevate Red vs Title 9.
I have both clubs in the 2nd tier of LI clubs along with the YJ 2nd team and TG Purple (with the 1st tier being YJ Rose, TG Black and Elevate Blue)
Is that a fair assessment and who wins?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was looking the 2018 Cap Cup schedules and the only two LI teams that are playing each other are Elevate Red vs Title 9.
I have both clubs in the 2nd tier of LI clubs along with the YJ 2nd team and TG Purple (with the 1st tier being YJ Rose, TG Black and Elevate Blue)
Is that a fair assessment and who wins?

And who wins what? The only game between the 2 long island teams Title 9 and Elevate - is that the question?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes who wins the game?

I was also asking if those two teams were in the second tier of 2018 teams.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard