BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 29 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 28 29
Re: Boys 2023 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 missing 8-10 players goes to semis at nscla - outlaws are horrible - going down- pb is done , not

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a newbie to lax. My son is on a 2023 team that has played in the B bracket. Icon 2023 has been cleaning up in this division. I am curious how this team would do in the A bracket?

Either get beat up by bandits/badgers in the semis or win the B bracket, I believe it's their first year so coaches may have a plan to build some confidence with the team. Looked like they and Express 2 would have had another battle today if games weren't cancelled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a newbie to lax. My son is on a 2023 team that has played in the B bracket. Icon 2023 has been cleaning up in this division. I am curious how this team would do in the A bracket?

Either get beat up by bandits/badgers in the semis or win the B bracket, I believe it's their first year so coaches may have a plan to build some confidence with the team. Looked like they and Express 2 would have had another battle today if games weren't cancelled.

No, it's not our first year. We're getting beat. I'd much rather have PB admit that we are a natural "B" team than some pipe dream "A" club. We're gonna keep losing players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok first it's who are... Not who is -obviously you know about this site and the teams on here, so please just stop trying to stir something up. Go back under your rock.x2zryb

Wrong, wordsmith. The Outlaws a a team, singular.
You must be one of the LI trash screaming like a complete
moron on the sidelines today. You idiots deserve the coach
who is instructing your boys.

I'm posting because my 4th grader is playing summer lacrosse
for the very first time and the behavior was completely
unacceptable and simply should not be tolerated.

I'm not blaming the kids, they are being guided by a lunatic
coach and supported by intolerable parents. Just my observation.

Welcome to lacrosse. First lacrosse is a high intensity sport, get use to the excitement. If you can not, better you fold up your tent now. The coach was yelling "play physical" not do physical harm. Playing physical is part of the sport. Since its your first tournament you will understand by the end of the summer. There were no parents acting disrespectful on the sidelines. In no way was anyone bashing a player. They did get upset with the ref when they took 2 minutes after every penalty to decide what to do, not the penalty itself. The fact is you lost in the finals against them. We all see you cought on rather quickly to one aspect of travel lacrosse. To come on here and bash the winning, parents and coaches. It was a great game and the only thing bad that happened is a sore loser came on here. Parentd from both teams were vocal and engaged into the game. This is what makes the sport exciting to watch. Enjoy your first season on the team, hopefully you will do the right thing and decide if lacrosse is for you. Sorry I mean I hope your son will decide. Please don't respond with my grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes. I didn't do very good in school living in my trailer park with my white trash family.

My son plays on the Express North team. The LI Outlaws coach was not encouraging his players to "play physical", he was screaming at the top of his lungs "physically pound them". A 3/4 coach should not, IMO, demand his players to "physically pound" other kids. Is that lacrosse or street thuggery? The Outlaw players were playing great, they didn't need to be intimated by their coach to harm their oppponents. I believe despicable was used to describe his behavior and I have to agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the LI Outlaws. I've never heard of them until today
and was appalled by the behavior of the parents and
more specifically their coach. The parents are pure trailer
trash the coach was imploring his players to "physically pound" their
opponents. Parents and coach argued every single
penalty, screamed at the refs and belittled players.

This person should not be permitted to coach children.

Despicable behavior, LI Outlaws. Next time try to show a

little class and sportsmanship. The object of lacrosse
Is not to physically harm your opponents as much and as often as possible

This coming from an Express team? Obviously you have never played the 91 Long Island team where the coaches tell the kids who to physically target - or drop to the floor in agony when no one was around them to stop a fast break
It was a championship game - of course it was heated! Bad calls were made for both teams ... It was a well matched game played by both teams
Outlaws coachies are fantastic- sorry your team lost calls were terrible
Btw ... This trailer park guy is floating in his pool in his two million dollar house-
welcome to Lacrosse..... More physical than football .... Get your big girl panties on

The LI Outlaws program is NOT a true representation of LI lacrosse, nor how people from LI behave.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure, but whoever wrote this, it doesn't seem to apply to Icon 2023. We're not really getting beat, nor do we have a "PB" that I am aware of. I think someone responded about a different club or team. Unless there's more insight.?.?.?

No, it's not our first year. We're getting beat. I'd much rather have PB admit that we are a natural "B" team than some pipe dream "A" club. We're gonna keep losing players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure, but whoever wrote this, it doesn't seem to apply to Icon 2023. We're not really getting beat, nor do we have a "PB" that I am aware of. I think someone responded about a different club or team. Unless there's more insight.?.?.?

I responded before maybe it was misconstrued, I meant to say something more like Bandits and Badgers are in their own class and nobody is arguing that (and Bandits even in their own class above Badgers). Icon, Legacy, Igloo, 91 Warriors, Express 2, Outlaws and some others (E3, not sure who they are but I saw with a pretty solid team) I have all seen play and look as if they are all about the same level. None of them would beat the mighty bandits/badgers but they all would most likely play pretty close games with eachother. It would be nice to see a tournament with all these teams in the same group. Also mix in some town teams that are very good at this age like Massapequa, Smithtown, 3 Village and Manhasset, overall I think there are a lot of good teams with good coaches in this age group very deep field of teams.

Not sure what the other guy was talking about Icon has done very well this year, maybe they thought I was talking about Express 2? If they did I was not trying to knock them either looking at their scores on tourneymachine from the last few weeks and it looks like their a legitimate team and beat a number of "A" teams. Rare at this age to see very good B level teams like 91 & Express have, testament to the coaches and the kids to their work throughout the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok first it's who are... Not who is -obviously you know about this site and the teams on here, so please just stop trying to stir something up. Go back under your rock.x2zryb

Welcome to lacrosse. First lacrosse is a high intensity sport, get use to the excitement. If you can not, better you fold up your tent now. The coach was yelling "play physical" not do physical harm. Playing physical is part of the sport. Since its your first tournament you will understand by the end of the summer. There were no parents acting disrespectful on the sidelines. In no way was anyone bashing a player. They did get upset with the ref when they took 2 minutes after every penalty to decide what to do, not the penalty itself. The fact is you lost in the finals against them. We all see you cought on rather quickly to one aspect of travel lacrosse. To come on here and bash the winning, parents and coaches. It was a great game and the only thing bad that happened is a sore loser came on here. Parentd from both teams were vocal and engaged into the game. This is what makes the sport exciting to watch. Enjoy your first season on the team, hopefully you will do the right thing and decide if lacrosse is for you. Sorry I mean I hope your son will decide. Please don't respond with my grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes. I didn't do very good in school living in my trailer park with my white trash family.

My son plays on the Express North team. The LI Outlaws coach was not encouraging his players to "play physical", he was screaming at the top of his lungs "physically pound them". A 3/4 coach should not, IMO, demand his players to "physically pound" other kids. Is that lacrosse or street thuggery? The Outlaw players were playing great, they didn't need to be intimated by their coach to harm their oppponents. I believe despicable was used to describe his behavior and I have to agree.

The coach was most definitely yelling "physically pound them". Who is the 2023 LI Outlaw coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the "F" Bomb he dropped??????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Ok first it's who are... Not who is -obviously you know about this site and the teams on here, so please just stop trying to stir something up. Go back under your rock.x2zryb

The coach was most definitely yelling "physically pound them". Who is the 2023 LI Outlaw coach? [/quote

Sounds like sour grapes - one team won the game and the other team lost.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Ok first it's who are... Not who is -obviously you know about this site and the teams on here, so please just stop trying to stir something up. Go back under your rock.x2zryb

The coach was most definitely yelling "physically pound them". Who is the 2023 LI Outlaw coach? [/quote

These are 4th graders, does anyone REALLY care who won and who lost? Please don't deflect, the coach was out of line and out of control. When opposing players fear a coach, there is a big problem. A coach imploring his 4th graders to "physically pound" opponents is indefensible.

The behavior should not be permitted by the parents of the kids he is coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These are 4th graders, does anyone REALLY care who won and who lost? Please don't deflect, the coach was out of line and out of control. When opposing players fear a coach, there is a big problem. A coach imploring his 4th graders to "physically pound" opponents is indefensible.

Enough already. Your point is understood. Bubble wrap for everyone next tournament. Please be at the bubble wrap tent by 8:30.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The owner PB the coach, and the assistant never played college lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The owner PB the coach, and the assistant never played college lacrosse.

PB was not there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PB wasn't even there for the tourney. I believe he was out of state. Give it a rest. Call him and complain the " grown up" way instead of airing it out anonymously on this site! Sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The owner wasn't there. And every coach yells something to the effect of "take the body" or "play physical". You really need to think about another sport if your taking literally what was said to 4th graders during the course of a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but the coach was way out of line and should be dismissed. He was yelling at the children to get even with the other team for injuring an outlaw player during clean play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O

Ok coach thanks for your input- game is long over- [lacrosse] far as players fearing a opposing coach ? Are you really going there - your team lost that's just fine, the game could have gone either way move on . practice practice and practice some more . Good luck at your next tournament hope no one yells to loud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but the coach was way out of line and should be dismissed. He was yelling at the children to get even with the other team for injuring an outlaw player during clean play.

The assistant coach is a yeller. The parents know this and don't care. It's bad for the kids to see this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With my oldest being in ths age group, It will be interesting to watch now, starting with a couple years ago, and going forward the increase in physical play and contact. I noticed it more this year stating to creep in to a degree. I guess the kids just adapt. Some like more contact. Others may shrink from it.

I never played or was exposed to lax growing up so this is all new to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It definitely looks like there is a shift from pure skill to this more physical level of play. Also seeing more injuries, broken limbs and concussions. If it continues lax will go the same direction as football and the younger age groups will start to shrink. Parents will pull their kids out and wait out the growth years. There is definitely a decline in youth football programs across the Island. And imagine they have age, and weight restrictions that ARE monitored by photo IDs! If Enough 9 and 10 year olds take head injuries from 6th graders, parents will grow tired of it quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pretty sure I watched the same coach in the blatant tournament yelling at the ref about a bad call as the express player was still laying on the ground in pain from a potentially serious injury . Player took a shot and was blasted with his head down . Outlaw coach was more concerned his player only took 2 steps not 3 to lay out the defenseless shooter .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lunatic parents and coaches will ruin the sport! Hopefully the level headed owners and coaches will Keep the crazy in check

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the 2023 Outlaws Black team is coached by the program's director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched most of the game in question; the Outlaws coach was out of control on the sideline. 3/4 kids are learning the game and really don't need a non stop diatribe to play. We as coaches get emotional on the sideline but to demand 3/4 kids physically pound opponents is way over the line. They should be concerned with foot work and positioning, not physically intimidating opponents.

It really is sad to watch the sport devolve and I hope the parents respond to any coach who behaves this way. Teach the kids fundamentals and be positive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched most of the game in question; the Outlaws coach was out of control on the sideline. 3/4 kids are learning the game and really don't need a non stop diatribe to play. We as coaches get emotional on the sideline but to demand 3/4 kids physically pound opponents is way over the line. They should be concerned with foot work and positioning, not physically intimidating opponents.

It really is sad to watch the sport devolve and I hope the parents respond to any coach who behaves this way. Teach the kids fundamentals and be positive.

PB is a joke and has had this assistant coach for years because his son is a good player, but it sucks when politics direct the 2023 team this way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is amazing to me this is still going on. Has anyone reached out via phone to PB??? I am sure not. That is how a real man would handle it instead of ranting over and over. It's like ground hog day already

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is amazing to me this is still going on. Has anyone reached out via phone to PB??? I am sure not. That is how a real man would handle it instead of ranting over and over. It's like ground hog day already

A real man like the abusive coach?

My son does not play on the team so I agree with a prior poster, I leave it to the Outlaw program to police and it starts with the paying parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It is amazing to me this is still going on. Has anyone reached out via phone to PB??? I am sure not. That is how a real man would handle it instead of ranting over and over. It's like ground hog day already

A real man like the abusive coach?

My son does not play on the team so I agree with a prior poster, I leave it to the Outlaw program to police and it starts with the paying parents. [/quote

Parents can do something better..... pull their child from the team. There's a lot more better teams, better coaching, and nicer coaches out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PB is a joke and has had this assistant coach for years because his son is a good player, but it sucks when politics direct the 2023 team this way.

The only joke is you - to come onto this site and post ANONYMOUSLY about someone is just pathetic. If you have a problem with someone or something try picking up the phone or approach that person and speak to them about your issues. If you are not happy with the answers you get then try the next step and coach your own team and see how far you can get. Until you post your name and your credentials on how great of a lacrosse guru you are so some anonymous person can call you out - you just sound like angry parent who's son got cut or didn't come back for whatever reason or just plain lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents,

It is a contact sport. There is a reason why they wear equipment. If your son does not like contact then he can play baseball/tennis/golf. Was the coach wrong for telling kids to play physical? Maybe, but the game is played with a helmet and shoulder pads for a reason.
As the boys get older it will get more and more physical too. Go watch a higher level Varsity game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Football is a physical sport too. But there is a difference between physically playing the game and intent to hurt/injure/take-out a player. Particularly at this age level. High school is a different situation and far more physical but by high school most boys have had their growth spurts and the physical size difference is less of an issue. Parents are not so tolerant of head injuries at the grade school level. Especially when boys bodies are not fully developed. Watch. Lax will start to follow the trend of youth football if US Lacrosse doesn't take some action and coaches continue to approach the game with "pounding" players versus teaching skills! Remember They are 9 and 10! Not 17! Big Difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You watched most of the game in question? Just happen to be in Conneticut to watch the finals? I find it hard to believe parents from the other teams in New Jersey, Conneticut and New Hampshire are on this site. This discussion clearly has been taken over by parents who don't like the Outlaws and are jumping on the oppurtunity to bash the program with false and mis-leading arguments. This whole discussion is a huge non-event. It was started by a concerned express parent that never played travel lacrosse and greatly exaggerated what happened. The coaches were fantastic on both sides. Both teams played exceptional as evident by the game going into overtime. No players were getting hit hard and their were not redemption hits. it always amazes me how after a team wins a game we have to go through the same BS; coaches are beligerent, players are dirty and my favorite they played with kids playing down a year or two. I guess you missed all the good lacrosse played when you had to leave to scout your next game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You watched most of the game in question? Just happen to be in Conneticut to watch the finals? I find it hard to believe parents from the other teams in New Jersey, Conneticut and New Hampshire are on this site. This discussion clearly has been taken over by parents who don't like the Outlaws and are jumping on the oppurtunity to bash the program with false and mis-leading arguments. This whole discussion is a huge non-event. It was started by a concerned express parent that never played travel lacrosse and greatly exaggerated what happened. The coaches were fantastic on both sides. Both teams played exceptional as evident by the game going into overtime. No players were getting hit hard and their were not redemption hits. it always amazes me how after a team wins a game we have to go through the same BS; coaches are beligerent, players are dirty and my favorite they played with kids playing down a year or two. I guess you missed all the good lacrosse played when you had to leave to scout your next game.

Time to take my kid off the outlaws and head to a better situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is this site to a T.
Bash Bandits
Bash Badgers
Bash Outlaws
They have older kids, they play too aggressive, dirty players, behind the back shots, running up score, crazy coaches.
It is absolute lunacy. The teams that win usually have better more skilled players who work very hard.

It is a shame that all the hard work and dedication from the players and coaches goes unnoticed. It is easier to get on here and b*tch and moan and complain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I watched the game in question. I coach another team that was attending the tournament. Please stop describing the Outlaws coach as asking his players to "play physical" I was raised on Strong Island and played my college ball in Maryland in the 80's. The game is physical, but we as coaches should not demand that our players "physically pound' opposing players. I was frankly embarrassed by a fellow LIer's behavior and you sir and compounding the issue by defending his actions and attacking those calling out his unacceptable behavior. The outcome of the game is a nonissue, the coaches behavior is absolutely out of line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I watched the game in question. I coach another team that was attending the tournament. Please stop describing the Outlaws coach as asking his players to "play physical" I was raised on Strong Island and played my college ball in Maryland in the 80's. The game is physical, but we as coaches should not demand that our players "physically pound' opposing players. I was frankly embarrassed by a fellow LIer's behavior and you sir and compounding the issue by defending his actions and attacking those calling out his unacceptable behavior. The outcome of the game is a nonissue, the coaches behavior is absolutely out of line.

Sorry but the only person or persons being called out are the anonymous posters wbo claim they were or are a coach that consistently bash others so until you post your name and what you have accomplished your post is just another pointless post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the South Shore Thimder vs LI Bengals game today at McGrath?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
E3 won 7-4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered