BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Re: Girls 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Honestly feel bad for the TG faithful , nice people but the club is no longer heading in the same direction . Shannon seems to be a good person who is a good coach but after the next defection , a kid they have tried so hard to keep , it will leave her club w no top teams in any age group. She deserves better , plus it's a lot more fun beating them with their best player than with us having the best player.

OMG the sky is falling! The girls lost a one goal game that easily could have gone the other way. My daughter hasn't been able to sleep since the loss. I don't know how she will ever be able to show her face in public. Forget about defection she should never pick up a lacrosse stick again.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly feel bad for the TG faithful , nice people but the club is no longer heading in the same direction . Shannon seems to be a good person who is a good coach but after the next defection , a kid they have tried so hard to keep , it will leave her club w no top teams in any age group. She deserves better , plus it's a lot more fun beating them with their best player than with us having the best player.

OMG the sky is falling! The girls lost a one goal game that easily could have gone the other way. My daughter hasn't been able to sleep since the loss. I don't know how she will ever be able to show her face in public. Forget about defection she should never pick up a lacrosse stick again.

Stop with the could have gone either way , it didn't . When your TG team beat YJ 2 years ago no one was saying it could have gone either way. Good luck next time but the separation between the teams is just getting worse ,and will be much worse with the next defection . Again sucks for Shannon that her golden child is leaving but the best kids want to play for the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the could have gone either way , it didn't . When your TG team beat YJ 2 years ago no one was saying it could have gone either way. Good luck next time but the separation between the teams is just getting worse ,and will be much worse with the next defection . Again sucks for Shannon that her golden child is leaving but the best kids want to play for the best.

yawn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

one goal games can always go either way. I'm pretty sure TG outshot YJ by a 2-1 margin, just didn't score goals. As for the "golden" child, whatever choice they make is theirs to make. Would changing clubs really matter when it comes to her future, I think everyone knows how good she is. Speaking of golden children, the one you got from TG 2019 was supposed to make that team the best ever....newsflash..good team, not the team you guys dream it to be...very beatable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the moderators allowing 13 and 14 year old children to be singled out?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why are the moderators allowing 13 and 14 year old children to be singled out?

Where is there a child being singled out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

one goal games can always go either way. I'm pretty sure TG outshot YJ by a 2-1 margin, just didn't score goals. As for the "golden" child, whatever choice they make is theirs to make. Would changing clubs really matter when it comes to her future, I think everyone knows how good she is. Speaking of golden children, the one you got from TG 2019 was supposed to make that team the best ever....newsflash..good team, not the team you guys dream it to be...very beatable

14 year olds at this stage of lax should be considered stars among 12/12 year olds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Also why is it you are so quick to go after tg and now legacy. I can assure you that both of those teams seem very happy with there standing. Look a little closer to home... you may be a little surprised by what you may find. 1 more thing... how in the world would those 2 teams know that some kid doesn't come off the field now. You really need to reevaluate your thinking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the thread! Just because specific names aren't spelled out doesn't protect anonymity. The not so subtle comments are certainly singling out individuals.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Read the thread! Just because specific names aren't spelled out doesn't protect anonymity. The not so subtle comments are certainly singling out individuals.

ok, so this kid named Golden.. Where is there anything bad about Golden? I am confused.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay. I got it. As long as I don't single out I specific individual by name it's okay. So, it's okay to say the "moderator" is a tool as long as I don't spell out the name. Since "moderator" isn't someone name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Also why is it you are so quick to go after tg and now legacy. I can assure you that both of those teams seem very happy with there standing. Look a little closer to home... you may be a little surprised by what you may find. 1 more thing... how in the world would those 2 teams know that some kid doesn't come off the field now. You really need to reevaluate your thinking.

I am confused ,What "two teams"? Where is the line drawn with the game could have gone either way , 1 goal , 2 goal, 3 goal if 1 of them was late in the game? How many times in a row does one team need to beat another before the game could have gone either way goes out the window? As far as out shot ,actually no , YJ had 1 more shot on goal , would say all the goalies played great. The better team won that day , leave it at that and congratulate them and I have to say that kid really is something ,more amazing in this day is she is age appropriate .Would love to have her on my kids team but also the kids really enjoy playing against her. Agree that kid could play for any travel team and go where she wants.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Okay. I got it. As long as I don't single out I specific individual by name it's okay. So, it's okay to say the "moderator" is a tool as long as I don't spell out the name. Since "moderator" isn't someone name.

Listen, jackass, no one said anything bad about a kid. I don't know what's eating you but you need to get a serious grip. No one is more protective of kids than I am.. I think there is only one tool here and it isn't "moderator".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This poster has to win an award for pompous, know it all, jackass of the year! "I can assure you both teams..." So let me get this straight, all 48 parents of two different, competing teams confided in YOU with how they really feel about their daughters position on their respective team? And even if that was the case, you think they told you the truth? What a loser!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Listen, jackass, no one said anything bad about a kid. I don't know what's eating you but you need to get a serious grip. No one is more protective of kids than I am.. I think there is only one tool here and it isn't "moderator".

Not one of the original posters on this golden girl topic, but wanted to lend some history. Both of the girls referenced here have been referenced many, many times over the years on many of the BOTC threads. The moderators (both cagesage and hop) have shut down the conversations many times in the past as they had become inappropriate. People on these thread are keenly aware of exactly who is being referenced and talked about, so long as everyone plays nice with the comments its all good.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Not one of the original posters on this golden girl topic, but wanted to lend some history. Both of the girls referenced here have been referenced many, many times over the years on many of the BOTC threads. The moderators (both cagesage and hop) have shut down the conversations many times in the past as they had become inappropriate. People on these thread are keenly aware of exactly who is being referenced and talked about, so long as everyone plays nice with the comments its all good.

I do not mind at all if someone references a player in a good light. That being said, if the talk takes a turn, I will handle the idiot that turns it swiftly and without kindness. I have been at this for almost 20 years and am well aware of how it goes. Thank you for the background.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am confused ,What "two teams"? Where is the line drawn with the game could have gone either way , 1 goal , 2 goal, 3 goal if 1 of them was late in the game? How many times in a row does one team need to beat another before the game could have gone either way goes out the window? As far as out shot ,actually no , YJ had 1 more shot on goal , would say all the goalies played great. The better team won that day , leave it at that and congratulate them and I have to say that kid really is something ,more amazing in this day is she is age appropriate .Would love to have her on my kids team but also the kids really enjoy playing against her. Agree that kid could play for any travel team and go where she wants.
So the TG guy says they outshot YJ 2-1 and the YJ guy says they outshot TG by 1. LOL...Anybody videotape the game? Put it up on youtube ...The teams are evenly matched, period. What happened in the Fall when these teams played is not a fair assessment of either team, with the changes that occurred to each roster there needed to be a period of adjustment. After practicing all winter and spring you saw two competitive teams evenly matched. Anyone who watched that game could see that. Move on. These teams won't see each other again for at least a year most likely. Anyone who knocks the "golden" girls are crazy. Both are incredible talents Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the TG guy says they outshot YJ 2-1 and the YJ guy says they outshot TG by 1. LOL...Anybody videotape the game? Put it up on youtube ...The teams are evenly matched, period. What happened in the Fall when these teams played is not a fair assessment of either team, with the changes that occurred to each roster there needed to be a period of adjustment. After practicing all winter and spring you saw two competitive teams evenly matched. Anyone who watched that game could see that. Move on. These teams won't see each other again for at least a year most likely. Anyone who knocks the "golden" girls are crazy. Both are incredible talents Period.

I'm an Elevate parent without a kid at this age group. I watched the finals on Saturday and it was a great game. There were some big saves, some great goals and overall really good lacrosse. All of this back and forth banter is really non sense. Enjoy it while it lasts - it will be gone quicker than you think and then you will wish you could do it all over again. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the could have gone either way , it didn't . When your TG team beat YJ 2 years ago no one was saying it could have gone either way. Good luck next time but the separation between the teams is just getting worse ,and will be much worse with the next defection . Again sucks for Shannon that her golden child is leaving but the best kids want to play for the best.[/quote]
one goal games can always go either way. I'm pretty sure TG outshot YJ by a 2-1 margin, just didn't score goals. As for the "golden" child, whatever choice they make is theirs to make. Would changing clubs really matter when it comes to her future, I think everyone knows how good she is. Speaking of golden children, the one you got from TG 2019 was supposed to make that team the best ever....newsflash..good team, not the team you guys dream it to be...very beatable [/quote]

Agreed. Also why is it you are so quick to go after tg and now legacy. I can assure you that both of those teams seem very happy with there standing. Look a little closer to home... you may be a little surprised by what you may find. 1 more thing... how in the world would those 2 teams know that some kid doesn't come off the field now. You really need to reevaluate your thinking. [/quote]

I am confused ,What "two teams"? Where is the line drawn with the game could have gone either way , 1 goal , 2 goal, 3 goal if 1 of them was late in the game? How many times in a row does one team need to beat another before the game could have gone either way goes out the window? As far as out shot ,actually no , YJ had 1 more shot on goal , would say all the goalies played great. The better team won that day , leave it at that and congratulate them and I have to say that kid really is something ,more amazing in this day is she is age appropriate .Would love to have her on my kids team but also the kids really enjoy playing against her. Agree that kid could play for any travel team and go where she wants.[/quote] So the TG guy says they outshot YJ 2-1 and the YJ guy says they outshot TG by 1. LOL...Anybody videotape the game? Put it up on youtube ...The teams are evenly matched, period. What happened in the Fall when these teams played is not a fair assessment of either team, with the changes that occurred to each roster there needed to be a period of adjustment. After practicing all winter and spring you saw two competitive teams evenly matched. Anyone who watched that game could see that. Move on. These teams won't see each other again for at least a year most likely. Anyone who knocks the "golden" girls are crazy. Both are incredible talents Period. [/quote]

2-1 was a ratio as in twice as many shots. I find it amusing when teams lose the excuses , the refs were terrible, they barely subbed, could have gone either way, it was the fall, it was a showcase ,they have older players, our coach was missing, blah blah. I prefer the teams and parents that go with "they played like crap ".Will never happen but would be nice as a fund raiser for a worthy cause to have YJ vs TG in each age group on long island . I go with the clean sweep for YJ at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

one goal games can always go either way. I'm pretty sure TG outshot YJ by a 2-1 margin, just didn't score goals. As for the "golden" child, whatever choice they make is theirs to make. Would changing clubs really matter when it comes to her future, I think everyone knows how good she is. Speaking of golden children, the one you got from TG 2019 was supposed to make that team the best ever....newsflash..good team, not the team you guys dream it to be...very beatable [/quote]

Agreed. Also why is it you are so quick to go after tg and now legacy. I can assure you that both of those teams seem very happy with there standing. Look a little closer to home... you may be a little surprised by what you may find. 1 more thing... how in the world would those 2 teams know that some kid doesn't come off the field now. You really need to reevaluate your thinking. [/quote]

I am confused ,What "two teams"? Where is the line drawn with the game could have gone either way , 1 goal , 2 goal, 3 goal if 1 of them was late in the game? How many times in a row does one team need to beat another before the game could have gone either way goes out the window? As far as out shot ,actually no , YJ had 1 more shot on goal , would say all the goalies played great. The better team won that day , leave it at that and congratulate them and I have to say that kid really is something ,more amazing in this day is she is age appropriate .Would love to have her on my kids team but also the kids really enjoy playing against her. Agree that kid could play for any travel team and go where she wants.[/quote] So the TG guy says they outshot YJ 2-1 and the YJ guy says they outshot TG by 1. LOL...Anybody videotape the game? Put it up on youtube ...The teams are evenly matched, period. What happened in the Fall when these teams played is not a fair assessment of either team, with the changes that occurred to each roster there needed to be a period of adjustment. After practicing all winter and spring you saw two competitive teams evenly matched. Anyone who watched that game could see that. Move on. These teams won't see each other again for at least a year most likely. Anyone who knocks the "golden" girls are crazy. Both are incredible talents Period. [/quote]

2-1 was a ratio as in twice as many shots. I find it amusing when teams lose the excuses , the refs were terrible, they barely subbed, could have gone either way, it was the fall, it was a showcase ,they have older players, our coach was missing, blah blah. I prefer the teams and parents that go with "they played like crap ".Will never happen but would be nice as a fund raiser for a worthy cause to have YJ vs TG in each age group on long island . I go with the clean sweep for YJ at this point.
[/quote]

TG lost this game! Yes, it was close but a W is a W and YJ got it this time. A lose is a lose and TG got it this time. No one knows what the future holds so all this "defection" crap is nonsense! Whatever next year brings it brings! Girls should play for the club they feel fits them best! Congrats to YJ on their win - A TG parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nicely put!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This poster has to win an award for pompous, know it all, jackass of the year! "I can assure you both teams..." So let me get this straight, all 48 parents of two different, competing teams confided in YOU with how they really feel about their daughters position on their respective team? And even if that was the case, you think they told you the truth? What a loser!

Do you ever stop. I can ASSURE you the only pompous loser here is YOU!!! Nice how you leave out the part that says SEEM HAPPY... keyword being seem... never said I spoke to 48 families. That's just your twisted spin on things. Why are you so angry. Your kid seems to be on blue. One would think life is glorious over in YJ land, lol, yet you seem to want to scream at anyone who isn't affiliated with that organization as if they are second class citizens. How's this for you. I think people can be affiliated with another club and be happy. The world doesn't revolve around the Yellow Jackets believe it or not. Now be a nice little boy and buy yourself some new bee gear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You both sound like idiots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they are very beatable , maybe not . At least they play in legit tournaments each week, your club plays in mostly week tournaments . You have become very much like the Liberty teams . I thought one of the ideas of travel lacrosse was to play against better competition . Just look at the pool your TG team plays in next tournament compared to YJ .Pay all that money and travel that far to play teams my town team would beat up on .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they are very beatable , maybe not . At least they play in legit tournaments each week, your club plays in mostly week tournaments . You have become very much like the Liberty teams . I thought one of the ideas of travel lacrosse was to play against better competition . Just look at the pool your TG team plays in next tournament compared to YJ .Pay all that money and travel that far to play teams my town team would beat up on .

And half your girls will be sitting on the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes we will be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the club links and club threads have disappeared or have been locked. The age group threads are to specific, I can already see a drop off in posts. Do we know if this is a temporary change or will the threads unlock for posting?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
All the club links and club threads have disappeared or have been locked. The age group threads are to specific, I can already see a drop off in posts. Do we know if this is a temporary change or will the threads unlock for posting?

If you wish to discuss this with me, either email me or PM me and I will be happy to explain it to you. I don't answer to anonymous posters.

cjowins@optonline.net

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

If you wish to discuss this with me, either email me or PM me and I will be happy to explain it to you. I don't answer to anonymous posters.

cjowins@optonline.net

I was curious as well. If you could PM me with an explanation, I would really appreciate that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Newsflash ...."very beatable" quote makes you look like you have no idea what you are talking about. Got to watch two of their pool play games this weekend against MD, Heroes. Fun competitive games ,but at some point you can no longer say could have gone either way. Honestly I watched the golden child you speak of, she is very good player but really just part of the team and they did not seem to rely that much on her as they looked to have multiple weapons. Did not get to see TG game but again very beatable seems like a stretch when talking about a team that has proven itself to be at the top for the moment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Newsflash ...."very beatable" quote makes you look like you have no idea what you are talking about. Got to watch two of their pool play games this weekend against MD, Heroes. Fun competitive games ,but at some point you can no longer say could have gone either way. Honestly I watched the golden child you speak of, she is very good player but really just part of the team and they did not seem to rely that much on her as they looked to have multiple weapons. Did not get to see TG game but again very beatable seems like a stretch when talking about a team that has proven itself to be at the top for the moment.

very "beatable" as in has already lost a game this season, had to play come from behind in a couple of games, and the game against TG was a one goal game also decided by a one goal margin that came down to the end of the game.Not saying they are very beatable to every team, but when it comes to the top teams in that age group yes, of course they are beatable. They all are. Is that difficult to understand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team is beatable. The Univ of Maryland lost a game this past year. Some games are close especially short play-off games but Curcio's team is 11-1 against M&D, Skywalkers, TG and Hero's this year. The one loss was an OT game to Hero's in the first tournament of the year without Curcio. This past weekend they were able to beat Hero's twice and M&D and did it playing a very deep roster. Deep team from a talent standpoint that is fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax. About 7 kids that are Real good. Put any other 15 kids from good teams and get the same result. She also substituted great and moved good kids all over field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

very "beatable" as in has already lost a game this season, had to play come from behind in a couple of games, and the game against TG was a one goal game also decided by a one goal margin that came down to the end of the game.Not saying they are very beatable to every team, but when it comes to the top teams in that age group yes, of course they are beatable. They all are. Is that difficult to understand.

Actually your thought is difficult to understand as you have gone from very beatable to beatable. Its funny that your TG teams avoid the most competitive tournaments ,YJ has now played against the other top teams in the age group 8 times , 4 against Heroes,4 against MD. Keep playing in those week tournaments so you can say how good your "team" is. Difficult to even use the word team.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
As a parent of a Heros 2020 Green, I will say that YJ and Heros have played some great games this year. All 4 games the parents have very complimentary and we've had no issues with anyone in the YJ program. I hope we play them more, it's really good competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Chicken dinner
As a parent of a Heros 2020 Green, I will say that YJ and Heros have played some great games this year. All 4 games the parents have very complimentary and we've had no issues with anyone in the YJ program. I hope we play them more, it's really good competition.

Heros wasn't even on anybody's radar until this year, obviously they had some roster movement that is working out well for them and M&D and Skywalkers have taken a step backwards

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros wasn't even on anybody's radar until this year, obviously they had some roster movement that is working out well for them and M&D and Skywalkers have taken a step backwards

What's funny is some of the roster movement is girls that were cut from M&D went to Heros and have made that team better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Politics everywhere even in MD kids can play and should have been given a better shot last year and they wouldn't have jumped clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's funny is some of the roster movement is girls that were cut from M&D went to Heros and have made that team better.

The top 4-5 kids on the field can be accounted for in evenly matched games, it's the bottom half that will decide who wins and who loses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top 4-5 kids on the field can be accounted for in evenly matched games, it's the bottom half that will decide who wins and who loses

What r u talking about. Kids 6-12 decide the game. The bottom half of Curcio is on the bench.

Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard