BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do that buddy. I think the the 6'4 230 lbs 2019 defenseman Edge has will send him into next week. lolol . Kid is a man child. He was the talk of the NSCLA "youth" tournament.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was the talk of the tourney, not for his size, but for driving himself to the tourney

Originally Posted by Anonymous
You do that buddy. I think the the 6'4 230 lbs 2019 defenseman Edge has will send him into next week. lolol . Kid is a man child. He was the talk of the NSCLA "youth" tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard they are legal to vote, join the army and buy booze. Get off it...they are 14 and some turning 15. How anyone can talk about edge and gloss over Crabs and the rest is pure and simple nationalism. You clowns don't call out our own US clubs for doing it but hate on the Canadians. It gets old. It's the wild west, no rules. Blame US Lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the team 91 2019 kids and not one of them is a hold back. Express is also a team that has a few if that but other organizations for 2019s are mot doing the right thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard they are legal to vote, join the army and buy booze. Get off it...they are 14 and some turning 15. How anyone can talk about edge and gloss over Crabs and the rest is pure and simple nationalism. You clowns don't call out our own US clubs for doing it but hate on the Canadians. It gets old. It's the wild west, no rules. Blame US Lacrosse.

Most 8th graders are still 13

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you read the crabs thread? They are being called on it. They even just played Edge and called them out as having many older players, but explained they weren't whining, just pointing it out as to why they lost a game to them. It's all a joke. I hope there are more and more tournaments that start asking for age verification. At the very least, publish rosters with birthdates so all teams know what they are playing against. If there are no age limits, let's at least be transparent with the rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has not one single holdback

how many players are from outside of LI?

2019 is basically U-14 for this season. Correct? The birthdate cutoff for U-14 is Sept 1, 2000

If this is the case, are you 100% sure the current roster has nobody born before this date. If there is even one player born before this date than the team in not a U-14 team. Remember, holdbacks can happen any time including starting Kindergarten late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you read the crabs thread? They are being called on it. They even just played Edge and called them out as having many older players, but explained they weren't whining, just pointing it out as to why they lost a game to them. It's all a joke. I hope there are more and more tournaments that start asking for age verification. At the very least, publish rosters with birthdates so all teams know what they are playing against. If there are no age limits, let's at least be transparent with the rosters.

Just refuse the game. Walk off the field in protest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2019 definitely has a hold back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
During the round-robin games in April that were hosted by the Hopkins coaching staff they requested that clubs only bring true 2019s, no reclasses.

Apparently they college coaches don't want to watch kids play down either.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kids turning 15 are playing down but that must be ok if you also allow them to join the army and buy booze at that age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was the talk of the tourney, not for his size, but for driving himself to the tourney

tu

He's no man child, He is a big 16 yo kid playing against 14 yo. Take him out the on the wing and dodge him all day long

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things people were probably talking about:

"I wonder why he can't play against kids his own age?"
"How would he do covering the top 2018 attackmen?"
"He must not be as good as the 20+ 2018 defensemen who have already committed to D1 programs, otherwise he would be playing with boys his age."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge is 2019 until they are not and they don't lose. Hence, they deserve top billing with 91.

Interesting. A team is considering 2019 simply because the program registers them in that division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These Edge parents are cracking me up. If I were traveling around with a team full of rising sophomores playing rising freshman at every tournament I would be embarrassed. I certainly wouldn't be boasting on an online forum about how my kids team should be considered one of the best.

For those who are a part of programs who do things the right way, best of luck to all of you this summer.

And despite all the holdback chatter / complaints - Platinum Cup championship game is 91 v Express, probably the least amt of holdbacks, if any

So let me understand , it's ok to only have a few holdbacks ?

Holding a kid back is a parental decision. Registering in a younger division is a program decision. Also, a holdback is actually in the correct HS grad year division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are dead wrong. The 2019 Edge players are entering 10th grade and some are older. Just ask the parents on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 3D team is in the 2019 division for Lax Clash?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are dead wrong. The 2019 Edge players are entering 10th grade and some are older. Just ask the parents on the sideline.

They recruit older kids for their teams, just look at the Edge website. Stay in Canada where you belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They recruit older kids for their teams, just look at the Edge website. Stay in Canada where you belong.

At Young Guns, at the 2019A level, lets agree that only boys born after 9/1/00 can play. What do you say, eh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the 2018 thread...

I have heard the 2018 Long Island Team is in shambles. Does anyone even know who is on the team. It's not posted anywhere. Most other regions have posted their teams.

Think they are talking about Brine.

Any news on Brine 2019/ middle School? Did a lot of kids bail for JR?
Would be nice to know before a 8 hour trip how the Tourney Teams will look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I guess Sweetlax didn't get the memo. Every kid there was a reclass. But hey, only Edge Canada does it right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Received a confirmation email with my sons jersey number tonight. Final Rosters are being posted on toplaxrecruits. Looks like they started posting girls tonight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I guess Sweetlax didn't get the memo. Every kid there was a reclass. But hey, only Edge Canada does it right?

Reclassifying and registering teams down are not one in the same. I deplore reclassifying for athletic advantage but those kids are actually in the 2019 grad year. Edge is not. their 2019 teams will graduate HS in 2018.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reclassifying and registering teams down are not one in the same. I deplore reclassifying for athletic advantage but those kids are actually in the 2019 grad year. Edge is not. their 2019 teams will graduate HS in 2018.

A rose sprayed with manure still smells like ($#@%), call it another name and it still stinks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Sweetlax team are you referring to? Because the 2019 team that played last weekend did not have a single reclass on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear Northern California

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A rose sprayed with manure still smells like ($#@%), call it another name and it still stinks!

The reclassed 2018 player is actually now a 2019 grad. You are correct, it stinks, but what is worse is a program that registers 2018 TEAMS down a year when they are not 2019. Do you not grasp the difference. Why don't all programs register all of their teams down a division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the 2018 thread...

I have heard the 2018 Long Island Team is in shambles. Does anyone even know who is on the team. It's not posted anywhere. Most other regions have posted their teams.

Who is the Head Coach of the Long Island 2019 Team ? Any practices ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the 2018 thread...

Is that the team where some kid didn't have to try out because he was playing in a H S varsity game but was selected anyway? I think I heard something like that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from friends that True Blue 2019 is heading to Deleware with some new players. Maybe an early Mutiny against the coach, so glad we left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why what happened? very curious. Who did they add?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They had a couple of Attackmen go down with injuries.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine LI NY team has 9 kids that were not selected from the original list?
The first LI team has 3 players on it that were not originally selected.
Why?
How?
Why would alternates not be pulled up to the first team?

Who's Coaches are most connected?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares ?

you are cool!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the 2018 thread...

Is that the team where some kid didn't have to try out because he was playing in a H S varsity game but was selected anyway? I think I heard something like that?

i questioned this tonight and found out there were 3 players that had varsity games that day. I was told one rushed there after playing and the another had a night game, the third didn't have a game! I give the night game kid a pass; but I would guess they all earned it if they played varsity and BTW, I don't care if it was varsity for Brentwood, Valley Stream or North Babylon.

bring on the haters but look in the mirror, would the player made it anyway!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
F all of you. That boy you biatched about is not on the list anymore. He deserved it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares ?

Hey Mr. "Who cares" guy- why would you iinject your simple and comments in something you obviously have no need being involved in
Answer choices :
A) you are almost 11 years old
B) You just have the capacity to act like your 11
C) You are upset because the point was actually about a group of elite lacrosse players, which you have no experience with, so you have no contribution to the topic.
D) You can't fathom a conversation that points out that there are some suspect selection practices in the brine rosters.
E) You can only us single syllable words

Correct answer: B, C, D, E

To answer your above question --- I Care. So should anyone that spent time and money on something that's supposed to be a fair, merrit based tryout and a positive experience that should be beneficial to young lacrosse players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to answer the question about which 2019 3D team showed up at LAX Clash...the awful one... they went 0-3... good day of competition for most teams in the 2019 AA bracket... HHH looked strong...3 tribes as well, goalie was outstanding...fl$ continues strong play..Express looked great despite a lose, should be Express and Lax black in final tomorrow...HHH and fl$ looks to be a nice game and Outlaws black versus Leading edge will be a good one as well...awesome to see all these top tier teams doing it right and playing here at home...weather played a factor in late games (3Tribes/fl$), fields could be a mess tomorrow...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok...so to the Tri-State Dad who tried to sneak his kids team into this laughable " top ten " list and think nobody would notice, the bill came due today with that nonsense at Lax Clash...TriState was handled easily by 3Tribes and fl$ and they could only manage a tie with Express 2020... here's your hat and coat, don't let the door hit you in the ***

Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard