BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saints kids are a good group and have been playing together for a few years

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can somebody from the saints let us in on whats going on w you guys? so this topic can be put to rest or talked about ad nauseam. One person says your " smoking mirrors " (that's too funny) this guy says you've been "playing together for years". There was allegations about all the "travel kids", or "not that many travel helmets". theres this ssc coach but yet its out east its "invite only" how does one get an invite? is there more then one team? age groups?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just one team out east. what's the problem we're not talking enough about your team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is wrong with having a couple travel players it's a pick up team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice showing by Team Igloo "Black Ice" down at Summer Exposure. Cyclones team out of Charlotte appears, from the score, to have given them a good game before Igloo won 7-6. They dispatched Kooper's 7-3, who lost 4-8 to GT at OC in the 2021AA championship. Igloo then beat a good (NC) Cannons U13 team 5-4 in championship.

Not an Igloo parent here, but lots of good games to see how some non-hotbeds matched up and how well 2021 teams were able to compete against older U13 teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are kidding right? $950 for the summer and you are crying like a baby. That is nothing. Try elsewhere where you pay $2-3,000. Must be the same guy who was bashing the same team earlier in the year...think your name was Charlie?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice showing by Team Igloo "Black Ice" down at Summer Exposure. Cyclones team out of Charlotte appears, from the score, to have given them a good game before Igloo won 7-6. They dispatched Kooper's 7-3, who lost 4-8 to GT at OC in the 2021AA championship. Igloo then beat a good (NC) Cannons U13 team 5-4 in championship.

Not an Igloo parent here, but lots of good games to see how some non-hotbeds matched up and how well 2021 teams were able to compete against older U13 teams.

"Not an Igloo parent here " but I know all of their scores... Just come and here and say youre an Igloo parent. Nothing wrong with promoting a nice showing from you team at a tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree Igloo Black Ice showed well this past weekend. We were there and watched that Igloo Black Ice vs. Cyclones game on Saturday after our game. Highly competitive and exciting game. The Cyclones (White - I think) pushed Igloo the entire game. But, Igloo pulled out a win in the final couple minutes. That Charlotte team looked very good. Clearly one of the best teams from the Southern region. Its good to see that the non-hotbeds are starting to close the gap. Will be interesting to see how they compete with our teams in future tournaments. Igloo went on to play the Carolina Cannons in the final. That Cannons team had to have some older kids on their roster. No way that 2 or three of them were age appropriate. Igloo Black Ice pulled out the win. Not an Igloo parent, but, I agree that they looked very strong. Igloo Avalanche is coming up the curve nicely. Their only loss was to that Cyclones team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Avalanche lost to the Jesters a week ago and the Jesters lost this past weekend by big scores including 10-2 and 15-3 losses. Avalanche Is not an elite team like we were told they would be. They are not even an A team. A few wins against other B teams is nothing to brag about.

Agree Igloo Black Ice showed well this past weekend. We were there and watched that Igloo Black Ice vs. Cyclones game on Saturday after our game. Highly competitive and exciting game. The Cyclones (White - I think) pushed Igloo the entire game. But, Igloo pulled out a win in the final couple minutes. That Charlotte team looked very good. Clearly one of the best teams from the Southern region. Its good to see that the non-hotbeds are starting to close the gap. Will be interesting to see how they compete with our teams in future tournaments. Igloo went on to play the Carolina Cannons in the final. That Cannons team had to have some older kids on their roster. No way that 2 or three of them were age appropriate. Igloo Black Ice pulled out the win. Not an Igloo parent, but, I agree that they looked very strong. Igloo Avalanche is coming up the curve nicely. Their only loss was to that Cyclones team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is bragging, just stating observations. I read that post as the Avalanche are continuing to improve. Let's always try to say positive things about others, if you don't it is a reflection on yourself.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cyclones White plays in the B bracket when it plays in tournaments in Charlotte.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would the best of the u13a teams at Hogan's fared in the 2020aa or 2020a brackets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cyclones White is playing 13A this weekend. The Aloha Director has the teams turned around in error. Either way they are a good 2021 team and as stated in the last Charlotte Tournament rules, 6th grade teams 2021 played in 13 B and 7th grade 2020 teams were supposed to be in 13 A. (Cyclones have 17 six graders and 1 5th grader on their roster). At Maryland not only did the Carolina Cannons have a 7th grade team playing in a 6th grade bracket, but also a couple of 8th graders on the team. Kudos to the Igloo for beating an older team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course in Charlotte 13b is 2021 and 13a is 2020. I understand they are a grade based team. Mirroring the successful programs in LI and MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
White U13 actually plays in the A bracket in Charlotte tournaments, check next week's Summer Sizzler where we are playing in the A bracket. The younger team plays in the U13 B bracket.

Cyclones White plays in the B bracket when it plays in tournaments in Charlotte.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because Cyclones White is a 2021 team, not a U13 team. It played in the U13B/2021 bracket. Program is the same as who runs those tournaments.

That said, playing down is rampant in the Southeast. It's a real PITA if you are a quality younger team to have your B bracket populated with older teams trophy hunting. And quite apart from teams that should be in the A bracket based on ability playing in the B bracket, some teams blatantly play down by registering primarily 5th grade teams in 4th grade division, 6th in U11/5th and 7th's in 6th's, etc. I saw a game at a "top" tournament where 4th graders were being guarded by 7th graders. I can understand why tournament directors feel pressure to allow it so they can balance out their brackets, but it's BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Cannons team playing in the U13A bracket was the 2020 team, primarily 7th grade team.

That's because Cyclones White is a 2021 team, not a U13 team. It played in the U13B/2021 bracket. Program is the same as who runs those tournaments.

That said, playing down is rampant in the Southeast. It's a real PITA if you are a quality younger team to have your B bracket populated with older teams trophy hunting. And quite apart from teams that should be in the A bracket based on ability playing in the B bracket, some teams blatantly play down by registering primarily 5th grade teams in 4th grade division, 6th in U11/5th and 7th's in 6th's, etc. I saw a game at a "top" tournament where 4th graders were being guarded by 7th graders. I can understand why tournament directors feel pressure to allow it so they can balance out their brackets, but it's BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call it what it is.....cheating.
The coaches/parents/kids all know and it's condoned and encouraged. Lack of integrity is astounding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I 100% agree with you. It’s is cheating plain and simple. Playing down is bad enough, but, when you have coaches, players and parents that condone the behavior what does that say about the integrity of your program? NOT much! I’m glad Igloo Black Ice beat them! We don’t always agree on the island, but at least we have pride in the sport and our reputation. If a team wants to play up and get tested, that’s one thing. At least they know what they're signing up for. But, to willingly and knowingly allow 8th graders to play in a U13 bracket wreaks of desperation and is absolutely pathetic. We caught the last half of the Cannons vs. Cyclones game. There was a huge size difference between them. Have to give them credit, they hung in there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, OP here. I wasn't saying Cannons did anything wrong in the U13A division at Summer Exposure. Nice thing about Hogan is that they actually enforce their own rules. That means it was a U13 team in the highest U13 division. Grade doesn't matter if they are young enough. Technically, as I understand it, they *couldn't" play in the 2020 divisions if they had 2019 kids.

I was talking about multiple other tournaments not enforcing their own rules, when aware teams don't qualify for their divisions. And wth kind of coach plays in a division when they aren't even close to qualifying for it and tells the tournament director they are when they are not? Per above, it's cheating and pathetic and sets bad example.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I question what a team that is talented and well coached enough to finish in the top half of an A bracket gets out of dominating teams 18-0 in the B bracket particularly if you have some 6th graders that are older than other teams' seventh graders. Maybe if the Cyclones had chosen to challenge themselves in the A bracket the week before they could have beaten Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, OP here. I wasn't saying Cannons did anything wrong in the U13A division at Summer Exposure. Nice thing about Hogan is that they actually enforce their own rules. That means it was a U13 team in the highest U13 division. Grade doesn't matter if they are young enough. Technically, as I understand it, they *couldn't" play in the 2020 divisions if they had 2019 kids.

I was talking about multiple other tournaments not enforcing their own rules, when aware teams don't qualify for their divisions. And wth kind of coach plays in a division when they aren't even close to qualifying for it and tells the tournament director they are when they are not? Per above, it's cheating and pathetic and sets bad example.

I posted about calling it cheating.
In no way am I accusing the Cyclones or cannons of any cheating, they were just in the post I quoted.
As stated above, it goes on at many tourneys at many levels. It is becoming the norm rather than isolated incidents, this is the problem. I guess coaches figure if everyone is cheating, I'll do it too? Not good for the game and has no place in youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are dopes. please take your southern hillbilly squabble somewhere else. We don’t care on this thread. clearly you are both from the same region and are trying to come off like your not. We have enough proplems of our own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PBR 2021 is strong. Beat Cyclones 6-5 at [lacrosse]'s. Didn't do great against Md teams this weekend though. Both lost by one goal to Rising Sons at [lacrosse]'s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hogan does a good job of enforcing the rules for their brackets.

The U13a bracket is age cutoff of Sept 1, 2001 Birthday or younger consistent with US Lacrosse rules (both NC teams fit that bill) grade is not relevant.

The 2020aa bracket is boys who will graduate HS in 2020 and can include reclassified players essentially making it a U14 equivalent.

A 2021 team of mostly u12 players is playing up in U13a and should be commended win or lose. If you lose, you should not be bitter about it. If you win, you should win with class and not make up tall tales about your opponents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hogan does a good job of enforcing the rules for their brackets.

The U13a bracket is age cutoff of Sept 1, 2001 Birthday or younger consistent with US Lacrosse rules (both NC teams fit that bill) grade is not relevant.

The 2020aa bracket is boys who will graduate HS in 2020 and can include reclassified players essentially making it a U14 equivalent.

A 2021 team of mostly u12 players is playing up in U13a and should be commended win or lose. If you lose, you should not be bitter about it. If you win, you should win with class and not make up tall tales about your opponents.

The Cyclones had to play A because they were not eligible under the Hogan rules to play B. They were playing in the lowest division that they were eligible for.

They went 4-2 losing good games to the finalists.

Instead of being happy about their play they come on this forum and falsely accuse one of the other clubs of cheating.

That is commendable play on the part of the kids but deplorable behavior on the part of the adults.

Btw. Hillbillies or not the only two teams to give the Long Island team a game in Maryland were from NC. If you don't want to read about it stop losing to hillbillies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some great match ups this weekend

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Should be an interesting Tourney this weekend. Lots of quality teams competing against one another (GT, Hawks, Bethesda, Crabs, etc.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo Avalache lost to Primetime today. Primetime Is a B team. Igloo Avalanche also lost to the 2021Jesters last week. At this point Igloo should stop claiming Avalanche is an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't stop calling the Igloo Aves an A team when TA lied to parents told them to come play for him and then dumped them on to a B team. Honorable is not his middle name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey way to go Ambush 2-0 so far .. Gotta love lax fest , where else can 91 get easy draws against developmental teams in their own tournament to get them to advance. Or is it all in the coaching ? Hear he has a great serve ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6th grade Jesters had a tough day today playing B division at Laxfest. They may not have any other choice but to call them Igloo B.

quote=Anonymous]Can't stop calling the Igloo Aves an A team when TA lied to parents told them to come play for him and then dumped them on to a B team. Honorable is not his middle name. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats the difference A or B as long as the kids are learing something they are in 6th grade come on folks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats the difference A or B as long as the kids are learing something they are in 6th grade come on folks.

The difference is the parent were sold one thing and given another. Now I maintain that parents are responsible for knowing what they are signing their child up for, but it can be tough sometimes.

I would agree with you if the parents were paying $150 for rec lacrosse, but when you are paying $1500+ you should have certain expectations. Unfortunately, club lacrosse is ruining the experience for the B player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players make the team a or b not the program. For the parents who are upset the team isn't A caliber, look at junior. Make an A team, be on an A team. Don't think your son will be on a new team and it will an A team just because they say it will be an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players make the team a or b not the program. For the parents who are upset the team isn't A caliber, look at junior. Make an A team, be on an A team. Don't think your son will be on a new team and it will an A team just because they say it will be an A team.

I think the only people that care A or B is the parents. I also think that junior says he cares only because the parents made a big deal about it. I would rather have my kid play on a B team than sit on the bench of an A team. Please don't tell me he gets better training riding the pine and still practicing with the A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference is the parent were sold one thing and given another. Now I maintain that parents are responsible for knowing what they are signing their child up for, but it can be tough sometimes.

I would agree with you if the parents were paying $150 for rec lacrosse, but when you are paying $1500+ you should have certain expectations. Unfortunately, club lacrosse is ruining the experience for the B player.
There is no such thing as A or B. Those are single distinction made by clubs to break down thier own inner teams. Outside it means nothing. For Example if you where to put Recon, Jesters, Outlaws and Legacys A teams into the Igloo organization they would be deemed B teams. In truth Outlaws and Legacy are both in the top 7 lax teams on LI . In Turn, both Jetsers and Recon would be B teams in the Outlaws or Legacy organization. The most important thing is finding a team where the level of play matches your son. If he cant keep up he will learn nothing . Let me tell you something about some B teams. I know of B teams whos coaches have better resumes and practice even more then their organizations A teams. Those parents keep THEIR MOUTHS SHUT. Why tell everybody how great your team is , so next tryout theres an extra 100 kids trying to make the team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no such thing as A or B. Those are single distinction made by clubs to break down thier own inner teams. Outside it means nothing. For Example if you where to put Recon, Jesters, Outlaws and Legacys A teams into the Igloo organization they would be deemed B teams. In truth Outlaws and Legacy are both in the top 7 lax teams on LI . In Turn, both Jetsers and Recon would be B teams in the Outlaws or Legacy organization. The most important thing is finding a team where the level of play matches your son. If he cant keep up he will learn nothing . Let me tell you something about some B teams. I know of B teams whos coaches have better resumes and practice even more then their organizations A teams. Those parents keep THEIR MOUTHS SHUT. Why tell everybody how great your team is , so next tryout theres an extra 100 kids trying to make the team ?

Jesters beat outlaws black two out of last three times played. Played a bunch of one goal games. (Got beat up last one though? They would be their B team? How's that work ?

Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard