BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one here ever gives teams outside of Long Island/ Crabs any credit. Look to New England where they have laxachusetts who has one of the top 2019 teams and 2018 teams in the country. There are also good teams like 3D and Tomohawks. There are a ton a commits out of Massachusetts so don't like that only the kids from Express, 91, Crabs, etc are the best.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No one here ever gives teams outside of Long Island/ Crabs any credit. Look to New England where they have laxachusetts who has one of the top 2019 teams and 2018 teams in the country. There are also good teams like 3D and Tomohawks. There are a ton a commits out of Massachusetts so don't like that only the kids from Express, 91, Crabs, etc are the best.

I had not seen the Laxachusetts teams before this weekend and I was impressed. All of their teams at Big 4 were competitive. Big, strong and fast players on every team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had not seen the Laxachusetts teams before this weekend and I was impressed. All of their teams at Big 4 were competitive. Big, strong and fast players on every team.

...3...2...1..begin holdback comments..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not entirely true actually. Pull up their records and scores. 2018, yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2019 team did have a tough weekend, but they are a very good team look at what they did at the platinum cup they were a goal or two away from winning at adrenaline. Watch them grow in the future because they are a deep and talented team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of good lacrosse the last two weekends - and it proved that all of these teams aren't really separated by that much - Madlax, FCA, Crabs, 91, Express, Express North, Laxachusetts, Dukes, HHH..

Any given Sunday...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of good lacrosse the last two weekends - and it proved that all of these teams aren't really separated by that much - Madlax, FCA, Crabs, 91, Express, Express North, Laxachusetts, Dukes, HHH..

Any given Sunday...

Completely agree. Even LIE North was a late goal away from going undefeated in Pool Play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated Rankings after BIG 4?

1) Team 91
2) Big 4 HHH
3) Crabs
4) Laxachusetts
5) Madlax
6) LI Express
7) FCA
8) Sweetlax
9) Tri-State
10) Dukes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Team 91
2) Big 4 HHH
3) Crabs
4) Laxachusetts
5) Madlax
6) LI Express
7) FCA
8) Sweetlax
9) Tri-State
10) Dukes

Would move Laxachusetts behind Madlax, Express and FCA. Played well last week, but only won one game this weekend vs a winless team and lost to Madlax, FCA and Express North by 5 or more each.

Not sure Sweetlax and Tri-State are better than Dukes, Express North or (gasp) Edge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts 2019 team loaded with older kids. Can't comoare them to true 2019 teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxachusetts 2019 team loaded with older kids. Can't comoare them to true 2019 teams

You can say that about a lot of "2019" teams.

Are 91 and Edge playing in the same tournament this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good job by both Express 1 and Express North at Big4 this weekend - Express 1 loses only to HHH who won it and North lost only to FCA (in OT) who was unbeaten up till the playoffs.

Did they play 91?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 was not at the Big4 this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Team 91
2) Big 4 HHH
3) Crabs
4) Laxachusetts
5) Madlax
6) LI Express
7) FCA
8) Sweetlax
9) Tri-State
10) Dukes

Dukes lost to 91 by a goal and by two to the Crabs at Adrenaline in tow very competitive games. You rank Dukes 10th and HHH got beaten handily by Laxachussetts twice and their ranked second while Laxachussetts is ranked 4th. Seems like someone didn't even bother to watch any 2019 games at Adrenaline last weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax played a tough one goal game vs Express where they led the whole way. Also, Tri State lost a close game to Express by 2. And Tri State was up at half on HHH after a strong performance by the defense and goalie (Held HHH to 1 at the half)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH won Big 4 tournament 6-5 over Madlax in last seconds. Great game. Laxachusetts went 1-3, losing big to FCA, Madlax and LI Express North.

Laxachusetts probably ranked too high

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 and 2 probably would be favored by +3 against #9 and 10. Otherwise, these teams are even, with a couple of bounces, calls, or 14yo boy mistakes making the difference on any day.

Very entertaining play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best two teams - 91 and Edge - to my knowledge, neither team has lost and they have not played each other
Then Crabs
Then everyone else on the list is within a goal or two of each other on any given day.
A lot of this will get sorted out at Young Guns. Why is 91 not playing? What are teams doing about the fact that Jake Reed runs through Sat. morning and will likely leave teams missing players for the first Young Guns games on Saturday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Outlaws Black look?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seen both teams play and Edge is very big , athletic , run and gun. I don't think they can be beat by any team. Kids are very tough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good job by both Express 1 and Express North at Big4 this weekend - Express 1 loses only to HHH who won it and North lost only to FCA (in OT) who was unbeaten up till the playoffs.

Did they play 91?

Seems like Express wins a lot of games but can't get over the hump in big games ? Is the pressure getting to them or they just a cut below the best?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There must be Edge parents visiting this board because otherwise I don't think anyone would mention them among the top 2019 teams because they ARE NOT a 2019 team.

I agree with many of the previous posts that most all of the top 10 teams people have listed are all within a goal or two of each other on any given day.

I wonder how the Edge "2019" team would fair against 91 or Express 2018s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There must be Edge parents visiting this board because otherwise I don't think anyone would mention them among the top 2019 teams because they ARE NOT a 2019 team.

I agree with many of the previous posts that most all of the top 10 teams people have listed are all within a goal or two of each other on any given day.

That would be a more direct comparison. Edge Lacrosse registers their teams down an age group at each tournament. The tournament directors should not permit this practice. Plain and simple. Your team is comprised of rising 9th graders? then they play in the 2019 bracket...roster comprised of rising 10th graders (as Edge 2019 is currently comprised) you play in the 2018 division. Fair play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be a more direct comparison. Edge Lacrosse registers their teams down an age group at each tournament. The tournament directors should not permit this practice. Plain and simple. Your team is comprised of rising 9th graders? then they play in the 2019 bracket...roster comprised of rising 10th graders (as Edge 2019 is currently comprised) you play in the 2018 division. Fair play.

Perhaps you should urge your director to grow a pair and refuse to play such teams. No game, no issue. Don't understand why more coaches and directors don't have the guts to just refuse the game. When you know the team is playing down, just don't play. If more and more teams did this, there would be no incentive to play down. It would make such a powerful statement. Teams like Edge, Crabs, Laxachuesstts and Dukes would have no one to play... If the big clubs started to stand up for their players safety the tournament organizers would have to take notice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps you should urge your director to grow a pair and refuse to play such teams. No game, no issue. Don't understand why more coaches and directors don't have the guts to just refuse the game. When you know the team is playing down, just don't play. If more and more teams did this, there would be no incentive to play down. It would make such a powerful statement. Teams like Edge, Crabs, Laxachuesstts and Dukes would have no one to play... If the big clubs started to stand up for their players safety the tournament organizers would have to take notice.

Are any programs other than Edge Lax registering teams down? Or are the programs you listed littered with holdbacks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we really going down this road again? Many teams are littered with hold backs. The definition in itself is one that is extremely ambiguous at best due to

differing K start dates through out the country.
child's development (physical/mental)in his primary years of school
families willingness to pay for a repeat year to better their child's standings (both academically and/or athletically

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge is 2019 until they are not and they don't lose. Hence, they deserve top billing with 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2019 I heard beat up leading edge in a game at rutgers i definitly think team 91 is the best 2019 team right now but everyone else is very close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange wrecked them at Rutgers

Team 91 2019 I heard beat up leading edge in a game at rutgers i definitly think team 91 is the best 2019 team right now but everyone else is very close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading Edge and Edge are two separate organizations. for that matter countries.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These Edge parents are cracking me up. If I were traveling around with a team full of rising sophomores playing rising freshman at every tournament I would be embarrassed. I certainly wouldn't be boasting on an online forum about how my kids team should be considered one of the best.

For those who are a part of programs who do things the right way, best of luck to all of you this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These Edge parents are cracking me up. If I were traveling around with a team full of rising sophomores playing rising freshman at every tournament I would be embarrassed. I certainly wouldn't be boasting on an online forum about how my kids team should be considered one of the best.

For those who are a part of programs who do things the right way, best of luck to all of you this summer.

The funny part of their rationale is that all the canada boys will do a PG year after HS , so would be entering college the same year as our boys - but PG stands for post- grad...and tourneys are slotted based on (HS) grad year, not college entrance year. So.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And despite all the holdback chatter / complaints - Platinum Cup championship game is 91 v Express, probably the least amt of holdbacks, if any

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And despite all the holdback chatter / complaints - Platinum Cup championship game is 91 v Express, probably the least amt of holdbacks, if any

So let me understand , it's ok to only have a few holdbacks ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has not one single holdback

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know all the travel teams on Long Island and I can tell you I know of maybe 2 holdbacks that are playing on 2019 teams. I guess we haven't kept up with the times and are old fashioned in having our kids play and compete against their appropriate age group.

It does become comical when we play teams that have boys who have beards and mustaches. I have no problem with boys playing up in High School because it is allowed and we know what our boys are up against. it sucks when you go to a tourney and there are boys who clearly should not be on the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son doesnt play for either so I didnt know if they had any (but knew there werent many, if any) - it actually was a complement to those teams - sometimes that does happen on this board!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has not one single holdback

how many players are from outside of LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leading Edge and Edge are two separate organizations. for that matter countries.
Leading Edge has among the best 2016, 2017 (won Adrenaline Cup), and 2018 teams. In NJ, they tend to pull most of the best kids by freshmen year to the team. Before frehsman year, they tend to be spread across Leading Edge, Patiot, and Tri-State but by freshman year most of the best kids in the state play Leading Edge. So keep talking as they will probably kick your [lacrosse] next year like they do to your older teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge is 2019 until they are not and they don't lose. Hence, they deserve top billing with 91.

But they're illegitimate and are 2018 until they're not. I don't even have 2019. This just pisses me off. How about I have my 6'2" 188 lbs 2018 middie play with a 2019 LI team next time they play Edge. He'll PG that game? Sounds reasonable, don't you think?

Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard