BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,680
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 55 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 fall 2015 and spring 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like we have the 4th best team in this age group, Viper.

Lets not get crazy yet

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like we have the 4th best team in this age group, Viper.

Because they beat True Blue?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost by two to legacy Taz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe wait until the season is over before ranking the teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about fl$ ? They were definitely in tougher bracket and went 2 and 1.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Viper parent here - proud of our boys, obviously disappointed that the weather has canceled today's games. After winning the B bracket last year at Laxfest and winning the B bracket at Lehigh last week, it was great to do well yesterday in the A bracket. I don't agree with the above post that Viper is definatevly the 4th best team at this age group. What I would say is that teams 4 through 8 could beat each other on any given day. Great lacrosse yesterday - showed off the strength of the entire 2020 field of teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw fl$ play and they looked very good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You didn't see them play express I am guessing. Express handled them quite easily and could have had a lot more goals if not for the sloppy footing. Express coaches also pulled their guns back to not run up the score. so who did you see them play? igloo, nice win but igloo team is sruggling, they are not a team to mention yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a good idea. However, taking stock in season to date, looks like Taz and Terps were set collide this week. Too bad it didn't happen. Viper won a B bracket last week in Lehigh, but played no one. TLI won an A bracket at Laxapolooza last week, but played no one. Three Village did well at Forsberg, but was in B bracket this week. True Blue may not be the team they were last year, but there is still time. So far all we know is Crush, Terps and Taz on top. Hope someone in tier two can knock one of the big three off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a good idea. However, taking stock in season to date, looks like Taz and Terps were set collide this week. Too bad it didn't happen. Viper won a B bracket last week in Lehigh, but played no one. TLI won an A bracket at Laxapolooza last week, but played no one. Three Village did well at Forsberg, but was in B bracket this week. True Blue may not be the team they were last year, but there is still time. So far all we know is Crush, Terps and Taz on top. Hope someone in tier two can knock one of the big three off.

All good points

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO Terps would beat TAZ by 6-8 goals. TAZ is a good team but they cant handle the terps speed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break.....Terps definitely won handily. However they had their face off kid take ever one and they were ripping shots to the very end. They certainly didn't go up big early and then just play catch. As for the footing, pretty sure both teams had to deal with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I'm guessing that the Terps could handle the Crush based on their speed? Ok not sure if the Crush and Terps would beat everyone by 6-8-10 goals like years ago. Only time will tell - one thing for sure is that they are the top 2 Long Island 2020 teams until someone knocks them off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree , Crush is on its own level, Terps and Taz would be a great game.
True Blue ,fl$, Igloo and Viper could probaby all beat each other on any given day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You didn't see them play express I am guessing. Express handled them quite easily and could have had a lot more goals if not for the sloppy footing. Express coaches also pulled their guns back to not run up the score. so who did you see them play? igloo, nice win but igloo team is sruggling, they are not a team to mention yet.

Terps won. The rest of your post is inaccurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would put

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who is in Best of the Best?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps won. The rest of your post is inaccurate.

Terps won by a lot, game was never close, it was a classic blowout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break.....Terps definitely won handily. However they had their face off kid take ever one and they were ripping shots to the very end. They certainly didn't go up big early and then just play catch. As for the footing, pretty sure both teams had to deal with that.

The went up big early, and late, fl$ has lots of work to do if they want to compete at the AA level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO Terps would beat TAZ by 6-8 goals. TAZ is a good team but they cant handle the terps speed.

Not worth commenting on hypothetical games, Terps had a great day, beat the competition easily, TAZ (I hate that name, very lame) had trouble with a B level team in Vipers, winning by only two. Until TAZ beats a legit team they should just SHHHHHHH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is your son on that you would comment that Taz had problems with "B" level teams? I guess you arent that familiar with the 2020 Long Island teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to have the ball in their end to complain about footing, pretty sure the terps d was not tested one ounce in that game. fl$ and others are on level with express 2 not express 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush beat terps by 8 last weekend. Also terps would beat Taz by same margin. Taz struggled w Viper. Don't need to know anymore. After all TaZ is really just 91 titanium "B" they looked ehhh Saturday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush beat terps by 8 last weekend. Also terps would beat Taz by same margin. Taz struggled w Viper. Don't need to know anymore. After all TaZ is really just 91 titanium "B" they looked ehhh Saturday

Score was 11-4 last weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TAZ is a very good team. May be a little below Terps. However, they are definitely top 3 on the island and top 5 to 7 in nation. Solid group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TAZ is a very good team. May be a little below Terps. However, they are definitely top 3 on the island and top 5 to 7 in nation. Solid group.

Top 5 to 7 in the Nation. How would you know that? Have you played all 2020 teams in the USA. Keep dreaming!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz was up by 6 goals against vipers than the coach took the foot off the pedal and made it a close game. Vipers wouldn't stand a chance if Taz put the pedal to the medal. Don't kid yourself!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz was up by 6 goals against vipers than the coach took the foot off the pedal and made it a close game. Vipers wouldn't stand a chance if Taz put the pedal to the medal. Don't kid yourself!!

You aren't making any sense. Who are you directing this to? The Vipers aren't talking smack and you are saying that the Taz coach purposely had the team not score and let Viper come back to within two goals in the biggest tournament on the island? Or is it that the Viper faceoff won 5 in a row against the Taz fogo and they scored on the fast break to make it close and that scares you because as the post above says Taz is one of the top 7 teams in the country. Taz is a very good team but don't make lame excuses because a team plays you to a close score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to previous posts. fl$ had beaten True Blue twice and had beaten Igloo. So that leaves them only really to play Viper doesn't it to give them that coveted 4th ranked spiot (lol) you people are talking about. EOnly fact is that the Crush and Terps are the top of 2020 on Long Island.

Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if that Eclipse team that lost to both True Blue and Viper is the one going to the World Series in Denver as one of the supposedly top 10 teams in the country?!? If it is, pathetic job by that committee that picked the teams since this makes it obvious at least one more LI team should have been included besides the Crush!

Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to previous posts. fl$ had beaten True Blue twice and had beaten Igloo. So that leaves them only really to play Viper doesn't it to give them that coveted 4th ranked spiot (lol) you people are talking about. EOnly fact is that the Crush and Terps are the top of 2020 on Long Island.

Can those 4 teams get together for a one day round robin? Call it 4 for 4th. Have the parents chip in for refs and pizza afterwards and have each team play each other in a 4 team bracket. best record wins. Settle this debate once and for all and the kids would have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And fl$ lost at their tournament to True Illinois who lost twice in that tournament to Three Village who got knocked out in the quarterfinals of that tournament by Express 2. Just illustrating that fl$, True Blue, Vipers, Express 2 and Igloo all seem to be able to beat each other on any given day so picking out one and saying this is the top of the group of A teams (leaving Crush, Terps and Taz as AA teams) isn't supported by any game results yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
top 5 to 7 in the nation.. not even close. there are 4-5 teams in Maryland who would walk all over TAZ.

User
User
So if the Taz team would have kept the starters in and rolled off a 18-2 score would the same people be commenting on how classless they are?
From my conversations with those present the starters were pulled at the halfway point.
I guess your damned if you do the right thing and damned if you don't.
I can see why many teams just keep scoring and keep pressuring.
Outcome may be different the next time they play I suppose.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a funny reply...has to be from a True Blue fan...they have been beaten by Viper and fl$ pretty handily....let the boys play, who cares who is 4th ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Annapolis Hawks beat TAZ by a few goals last weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did it stop being ok just to win the game? What is all this hot air from teams (first Terps now Taz) about how they could have run the score up even more if they wanted to? Really classless banter from parents who probably don't have the athleticism to run 1/2 a block.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not just leave it at crush is the best on LI. Don't put Express in the same sentence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
So if the Taz team would have kept the starters in and rolled off a 18-2 score would the same people be commenting on how classless they are?
From my conversations with those present the starters were pulled at the halfway point.
I guess your damned if you do the right thing and damned if you don't.
I can see why many teams just keep scoring and keep pressuring.
Outcome may be different the next time they play I suppose.

And Hop, LaxFest rules use goals against (not differential) to allow the coaches to be good sports and ideally not run up the scores. But as they say the best defense is a good offense. So you can't win I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10 2020 teams are all solid :
Crush
Terps
Legacy Taz
fl$