BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,603
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 38 1 2 34 35 36 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Suffolk Dinner tonight - No Lists?

The kids getting all county were told. The all- Americans will be announced tonight. Kids were told if they were finalists

Lex Lessons has the list of everything. My suspicions were confirmed and feel so bad for a deserved kid. I never believed his dad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk Dinner tonight - No Lists?

The kids getting all county were told. The all- Americans will be announced tonight. Kids were told if they were finalists

Lex Lessons has the list of everything. My suspicions were confirmed and feel so bad for a deserved kid. I never believed his dad.

What team? Are you saying the kids that got honors were not deserving?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take it for what it is. Its a good way for your son to show the college coaches his stuff and that's it. The fix is always in for who will advance. My son kicked off the recruiting process with a great showing as a rising junior and going to a top 20 program this fall. As much as I felt he got screwed and should have advanced it didn't really matter. The college coaches know the deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take it for what it is. Its a good way for your son to show the college coaches his stuff and that's it. The fix is always in for who will advance. My son kicked off the recruiting process with a great showing as a rising junior and going to a top 20 program this fall. As much as I felt he got screwed and should have advanced it didn't really matter. The college coaches know the deal.

When this event first started I think it meant something. Too much politics have diluted it . Also the early recruiting has made the politics even more transparent. Your right the college coaches know the deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big HS tourney at WM tomorrow. Alot of great HS teams traveling to us for a change...For us, no NJ turnpike this weekend!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big HS tourney at WM tomorrow. Alot of great HS teams traveling to us for a change...For us, no NJ turnpike this weekend!!!

What LI schools playing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What LI schools playing?

California: (1)
La Costa Canyon (CA)

Delaware: (1)
Salesianum (DE)

Florida: (2)
St. Thomas Aquinas (FLA)
Saint Andrew's (FLA)

Georgia: (1)
Lambert (GA)

Indiana: (1)
Carmel (IN)

Long Island: (10)
Huntington (NY)
Smithtown Red (NY)
Shoreham Wading River (NY)
Northport (NY)
Garden City (NY)
Wantagh (NY)
Smithtown Blue (NY)
Massapequa (NY)
Syosset (NY)
Ward Melville (NY)

Missouri: (1)
MICDS (MO)

Nevada: (1)
Palo Verde (NV)

New Jersey: (5)
Mountain Lakes (NJ)
Bergen Catholic (NJ)
Glen Ridge (NJ)
Don Bosco (NJ)
Kinnelon (NJ)

New [lacrosse]: (2)
Yorktown (NY)
Bronxville (NY)

Ohio: (1)
Elder Cincinnati (OH)

Oregon: (2)
Lakeridge (OR)
Sunset (OR)

Pennsylvania: (1)
Garnet Valley (PA)

Texas: (1)
Westlake (TX)

Virginia: (1)
Yorktown (VA)

Washington: (1)
Bellevue (WA)

Wisconsin: (1)
Milwaukee Marquette (WI)

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Great 2018 Nassau Suffolk game yesterday. Game ended in a tie. 9 to 9 ended after one overtime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long island teams were playing whole bench out of state teams bench was real short

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long island teams were playing whole bench out of state teams bench was real short

I guess your team lost to an out of state team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't that what the summer is for, for LI teams to see what you have. And for the out of states to see how you can best LI teams. I get it, good job by all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At $230 a player each team gave lots of playing time to all. The teams that traveled had smaller squads. Bellevue Washington beat wantaugh in the final. The out of state teams all had good disciplined teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At $230 a player each team gave lots of playing time to all. The teams that traveled had smaller squads. Bellevue Washington beat wantaugh in the final. The out of state teams all had good disciplined teams.

I think the cost per player was north of $250.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM tournament not worth the $$$ fee charged per player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to NSCLA this weekend and it was great.

Have to congratulate my boys 2017 LI OUTLAWS team who went there missing 10 players , played with some last minute fill ins and didn't lose a game until the semi finals to the crabs 7-4.

Beat Madlax National, Mesa Fresh, Laxachusetts, Thunder

Good job boys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was missing at the WM tourney that you say wasnt worth the fee?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM tournament not worth the $$$ fee charged per player.

completely agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One word.....COACHES!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to NSCLA this weekend and it was great.

Have to congratulate my boys 2017 LI OUTLAWS team who went there missing 10 players , played with some last minute fill ins and didn't lose a game until the semi finals to the crabs 7-4.

Beat Madlax National, Mesa Fresh, Laxachusetts, Thunder

Good job boys!

Missing 10 players?? They went down there with only 25 players? That's Crazy!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One word.....COACHES!

Very few coaches actually showed up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16 kids went to NCSLA tournament with 2017 Outlaws Select. Great Job

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are the better Summer leagues the better LI HS teams are playing in. or do the better teams just do travel tournaments?

Now that 2015 is behind us? What could 2016 look like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any way of finding returning rosters for Suffolk county teams. I know from MSG Varsity that a decent number of players from Northport, Ward Melville, Smithtown(s) etc were graduating, but who has the best returning lineups?

Love this time of year, everyone is tied for first!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How often do they change the leagues and divisions. is this year by year or is there some consistency. for 2016 will there be another realignment of schools and divisions.

I never understood why there wasn't a good record of the players yrs. MSG varsity did a good job recording the goals and assits but would be great to have the players yrs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16 kids went to NCSLA tournament with 2017 Outlaws Select. Great Job

And two 2018's also filled in. Imagine that? Playing up, go figure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Under Armour tryout process is somewhat of a commercial scam. I realize they can only accommodate so many kids. But it seems to have a feel of being pre picked. I have seen too many kids who have monster tryouts not get the call to think otherwise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with LI UA is the coaches. They pick kids that line their pockets within their summer programs and then go to MD and lose. Time to bring in some new coaches. 0 and 4 last year was impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with LI UA is the coaches. They pick kids that line their pockets within their summer programs and then go to MD and lose. Time to bring in some new coaches. 0 and 4 last year was impressive.

it is not just Long island it happens all over. I think when this event started it was interesting, but now I think people see it for what it is, a showcase event where you pay your 180 get seen by some college coaches and have a very small percentage chance of making the team. Nothing against the kids that make the team they are all quality. But it is really not a true tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In line with that thought, why is it coached and evaluated by local club heads? Isn't there an inherent bias and conflict of interest there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In line with that thought, why is it coached and evaluated by local club heads? Isn't there an inherent bias and conflict of interest there?

While I agree with you in principle I do not see a way to find independent evaluators, anybody with the knowledge and ability to evaluate and coach a team like this would also have a bias if you went with college coaches you have their bias if you bring in people from another region what is there incentive to pick the best team - also the tryouts are in a bunch of different locations all over the country so if you bring in outside coaches and evaluators the cost would be astronomical and this is after all a business, and lastly, IMHO if you bring in independent evaluators and they pick the best 24 out of 400 that tried out over two days you probably would not get the best team but merely the kids that tryout or tried out well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure that I totally agree, one of the coaches cut his own brother who is a very accomplished and deserving player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But isn't that the purpose of a tryout? Whomever tried out best on those 2 days. Otherwise, why have a tryout at all?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But isn't that the purpose of a tryout? Whomever tried out best on those 2 days. Otherwise, why have a tryout at all?

They should pick the boys based on their season and accomplishments, like they do for the seniors. But then they wouldn't make all that try-out fee money!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should pick the boys based on their season and accomplishments, like they do for the seniors. But then they wouldn't make all that try-out fee money!

at least a tryout gives the allusion of fairness

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are critical because all are there and can see the action - season accomplishments quite often are folklore with kids padding their stats against weak teams - also tryouts demonstrate who are playing their best ball at the moment - no process is perfect when selecting teams so understand that when entering the tryout - lastly the UA selections should be conducted by coaches with not club affiliation if at all possible as that would most likely eliminate a decent amount of the concerns people have ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
youth coach here looking to some different things offensively. anyone familiar with cold spring harbor. what kind of offensive set are they using. it appears they aren't really running anything in particular. They just have great lacrosse players. almost looks like they keep the ball on the perimeter and rotate over a man and just look for a crack to dodge. am I correct here?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not saying they aren't well coached because the head coach is excellent. I'm just wondering if he gives the boys some free reign

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
youth coach here looking to some different things offensively. anyone familiar with cold spring harbor. what kind of offensive set are they using. it appears they aren't really running anything in particular. They just have great lacrosse players. almost looks like they keep the ball on the perimeter and rotate over a man and just look for a crack to dodge. am I correct here?

high school coach, if you are looking to implement someone's offense and you don't like what they do I wouldn't use that offense, I would use something different, hope that helps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

high school coach, if you are looking to implement someone's offense and you don't like what they do I wouldn't use that offense, I would use something different, hope that helps
no I was actually very impressed with what They were doing. I just wanted to be sure of I was correct in what I observed with CSH offense before I implemented it. it obviously works

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would they fill spots with 2018 boys when they are supposed to fill spots with 2017 Black? That was what the 2017 Black players were told when their checks were cashed. If select needs players, they will pull from black. Just asking.

Page 36 of 38 1 2 34 35 36 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard