BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 128 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree. The blue bloods from Baltimore in their county club gear rapping how they don't have to work since great grand dad left everything. they can afford to re-class their kids three times.

That is almost at bad as assuming everyone on Long Island drives an IROC. When you start talking like this, any valid issues you have are completely dismissed.

Let's just focus on lax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. The blue bloods from Baltimore in their county club gear rapping how they don't have to work since great grand dad left everything. they can afford to re-class their kids three times.

You get to drive home. We have to live in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets focus on the fact L.I. parents act like clowns on the sidelines and whine in their fake accents when their clearly superior lacrosse players lose a couple games. I enjoy watching the show as they parade around like they should be the center of attention rather than the kids. Fools.

BTW. If L.I. players are sooooo superior I am very surprised to see so many MD kids get recruited to D1 programs...year after year after year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets focus on the fact L.I. parents act like clowns on the sidelines and whine in their fake accents when their clearly superior lacrosse players lose a couple games. I enjoy watching the show as they parade around like they should be the center of attention rather than the kids. Fools.

BTW. If L.I. players are sooooo superior I am very surprised to see so many MD kids get recruited to D1 programs...year after year after year.

Ok someone else can do the research but the population of the state of Maryland is 5.9 million and the population of Long Island is 7.5 million. So I need someone to count all the D1 rosters to see who wins. Ready set GO>>>>>>

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are so right, acting like clowns on the side line is a major understatement. I actually really hate playing LI teams, I can't stand to see how the parents treat the kids and refs. So glad I don't live there because life must be tough on the island, that must be why they are so angry all of the time

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get back to lacrosse and stop the name calling? I just checked out the Warrior Denver tourney rules - I don't see anything that prevents any of the teams participating (Cough - Crabs) from bringing their reclassified kids. No age restriction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get back to lacrosse and stop the name calling? I just checked out the Warrior Denver tourney rules - I don't see anything that prevents any of the teams participating (Cough - Crabs) from bringing their reclassified kids. No age restriction.

The age cutoff is 5/1, so to play in this event you had to be 13 on 5/1/14. There no doubt will be PLENTY of 14 year olds playing, as there will be PLENTY of kids that are still 14 playing. I would say anyone that is 12 that is playing in Denver would be considered "playing up"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But the reclassification issue will be in full force. Am I missing something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must also show documentation that they were in 7th grade the Past school year or lower. Any kids that were 2019 (even if they make age) are eligible. According to the website. Wonder how closely that will be enforced

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any boys that were in 8th grade ineligible. Crabs have a few kids that fit in age part but were in 8th grade this past year. Interesting to see if they try and push the envelope

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number of kids on Crabs 2019 who will not qualify for this tournament is just a few. They will be close to full strength.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
The number of kids on Crabs 2019 who will not qualify for this tournament is just a few. They will be close to full strength.

As you know each and every player makes a difference and that difference is what separates the great from the good and winning from losing.
It doesn't matter if it's only one player the playing down in age is ridiculous and will be stopped soon.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must also show documentation that they were in 7th grade the Past school year or lower. Any kids that were 2019 (even if they make age) are eligible. According to the website. Wonder how closely that will be enforced

Good point, I forgot about that!! It should be interesting!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Denver, you must be born on or after 5/1/01 and be in the class of 2020 or later (2021, etc.).

No 2019s allowed.

Any team in violation of these rules will forfeit all games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver rules [cut and paste]:
All players must be born on or after 5/1/2001.
All players must be in the Class of 2020 or later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

As you know each and every player makes a difference and that difference is what separates the great from the good and winning from losing.
It doesn't matter if it's only one player the playing down in age is ridiculous and will be stopped soon.

If it's a grade based event with no age restrictions, then the Crabs (or any other club) is not "playing down". Whatever any event is, a team can be accused of cheating only if they are not following the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not in the rules. Only says that all players must be in Class of 2020 or later. Technically, these kids are now in class of 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes meaning if they were in 19 " they are technically 19 til first day of school when they officially become a 20 Uhh ohh that's exactly the purpose of a report card

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately it's more than a few and after OC ALL eyes will be on the rules ! The level of embarrassment if caught would be rather large

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately it's more than a few and after OC ALL eyes will be on the rules ! The level of embarrassment if caught would be rather large

Crabs 2019 is playing in a tournament that weekend, so doubt there will be any of them in Denver

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet all the 2019 players that played on the 2020 team in OC are on the 2020 team in Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It should not be any - ever!! Statement illustrates how cavalier Crabs are about manipulating the system and playing older kids against younger kids. It is not only those "few" repeat eighth graders doing 8th grade against next year, but you also have to eliminate those who held back earlier and do not meet the age requirement. How many Crabs 2020 left? Just for fun, let's compare the Denver roster to the one the roster from Beach Lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For Denver, you must be born on or after 5/1/01 and be in the class of 2020 or later (2021, etc.).

No 2019s allowed.

Any team in violation of these rules will forfeit all games.

Who is actually going to check and in reality who is going to challenge the tournament organizers who are all "in" with the bigger club management. Repetitive behavior at all the tournaments and nobody is willing to take a stand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it's a grade based event with no age restrictions, then the Crabs (or any other club) is not "playing down". Whatever any event is, a team can be accused of cheating only if they are not following the rules.

Another brilliant statement by those manipulating the system and ruining the sport to benefit themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The level of embarrassment should already be high after what they did at Beach Lax but they wear it like a badge. Wonder how much last minute recruiting is going on now to find some guest actual 2020s to fill out their roster!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo! The rules from beach lax state that "placement on a grade based team...is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team". With several 8th graders that would make them a 2019 team - this fact has been overlooked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this is the case the crabs win should be vacated and they should be disqualified. Yes - it's a 7th grade lacrosse game - but - it is/was cheating and the should pay the price.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this is the case the crabs win should be vacated and they should be disqualified. Yes - it's a 7th grade lacrosse game - but - it is/was cheating and the should pay the price.

Check the beach lax rules page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It should not be any - ever!! Statement illustrates how cavalier Crabs are about manipulating the system and playing older kids against younger kids. It is not only those "few" repeat eighth graders doing 8th grade against next year, but you also have to eliminate those who held back earlier and do not meet the age requirement. How many Crabs 2020 left? Just for fun, let's compare the Denver roster to the one the roster from Beach Lax.

Every Crabs 2020 player from this spring is eligible for Denver

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the 2019s they played on 2020 team at beach lax qualify for Denver?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo! The rules from beach lax state that "placement on a grade based team...is dictated by the highest grade of any player on the team". With several 8th graders that would make them a 2019 team - this fact has been overlooked.

It was after school was out. So those kids who are holdbacks are in the class of 2020. They didn't break any rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was after school was out. So those kids who are holdbacks are in the class of 2020. They didn't break any rules.

School was not out for everybody in Maryland or in NY so the 8th grade graduates were playing actual 7th graders still attending classes. School years are identified as 2014/2015 etc. so until 2015/2016 they are not 2020s. Who decided that just because they graduated the week before they were automatically 2020 when they did not have a day of school as 2020s? They will be 2020 once school starts again which is sad enough but they were not for Beach Lax. They broke the rules AND were poor examples of sportsmanship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"It was after school was out..." - not for everyone. In my book, you are not an 8th grader until you actually start 8th grade (for the first time). Obviously a gray area, which seems to be where the crabs operate best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now they will try to convince us that all those 7th graders were actually playing up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every Crabs 2020 player from this spring is eligible for Denver

Then I would expect their game against team 91 to be pretty close, assuming they meet, but it won't be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 of them do, but it doesn't matter since they have their own tournament that weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for fun, let's compare the Denver roster to the one the roster from Beach Lax.

Are you saying you wanna have some fun or do ya really wanna have some fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 of them do, but it doesn't matter since they have their own tournament that weekend.

So 3 kids who have presumably done a year of pre-k and have also completed 8th grade (once so far) are all born after 5/1/2001? I don't think those numbers add up, plus I think it was already admitted here that they are not eligible for Denver.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the poster that said they were out of school therefore they were 2020s - how can u say that with a straight face? It's laughable. The purpose of the rules is to make the games fair and competitive. The crabs (and anyone else who reclassifies players) are gaming to system in order to give their teams/players an unfair advantage. The Crabs cheat - no two ways about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that the statement "Every Crabs 2020 player from this spring is eligible for Denver" refers to the NPYLL season, not Beach Lax.

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 128 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard