Oct 23rd, 2017
SUBSCRIBE

Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#121174 - 06/18/15 09:02 AM Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever.  
The Hop Offline
User
The Hop  Offline
User

I will periodically send these messages directly to US Lacrosse. They are interested in making changes and asked for feedback from its members. You will help effect that change that is needed.
Your input matters.
Remember, these posts will be forwarded and proper language is required.

Here's your chance to be heard and do more than just [lacrosse] and complain.
Post away!!!!!!!

Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#121176 - 06/18/15 09:18 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

No more stall. Please!

Top Reply Quote
#121181 - 06/18/15 09:31 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

On the girls side, 4 or 5 fouls and you are out of the game (like basketball). Take the guess work out of the referees hands. 5 hacks and you're gone! When it's just a whistle the same girls hack over and over.

3 seconds should also go away as its called very inconsistenetly

Top Reply Quote
#121189 - 06/18/15 09:48 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Proof of age....Just like soccer. At least for 2nd-8th grades. And maybe implement a yellow/red card system for repeated roughness...

Top Reply Quote
#121195 - 06/18/15 09:52 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure Grade based or U based, either or works but if you go grade you have to attach a max age. Never should more then a two year diffremce occur in youth lax

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#121201 - 06/18/15 10:17 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Being through the youth frontier of lacrosse it seems at times it is the wild wild west. Being at a grade based tournament this past year, I was shocked to see the obvious blatant disregard for moral standards. I was at a grade based tournament and noted many DOB a year older than my son.

While playing a game a certain player made a good move against my sons team. The player was 19 months older than the player he made the move on. The sad part was a verbal exchanged ensued between the parents, something to the fact... "...if he was playing his right age/level he wouldn't have been able to accomplish that move..." only to have the retort. "... It isn't our fault you are to lazy or poor to reclass... everyone is doing it".

This is the sad state that reclassing has done. Gladwell states if one or two people do it, you have an advantage, when more than a few do it is there still an advantage... or does it create a bigger disadvantage.

Rob

Top Reply Quote
#121203 - 06/18/15 10:21 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: The Hop]  
Powderfinger Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Powderfinger  Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Suffolk County
The five foul rule for sure, to keep the game from getting too rough and for the same girls refrain from hacking.

Something has to be done about the stall, some sort of timer.

Proof of age. All other sports do it, lacrosse can too.

Top Reply Quote
#121210 - 06/18/15 10:43 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

BRING BACK THE HORN!! For at least middle school and below. High School and club (all ages) I get it, but are we really trying to speed the game up in PAL or middle school?! Still trying to teach and get kids even time

Top Reply Quote
#121213 - 06/18/15 10:47 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Age rules set for all levels, similar to soccer.

Requirement for goalies to wear more protective gear elementary through middle school.

Smaller field and smaller goals for the younger kids (6 yet old goalie shouldn't be in full size goal).

Top Reply Quote
#121216 - 06/18/15 10:51 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Proof of age....Just like soccer. At least for 2nd-8th grades. And maybe implement a yellow/red card system for repeated roughness...

Yes, this MUST be done for so many reasons:

Fairness (Frustrations are building and it is just terrible what is going on with kids showing up 2 years older than the others!)

Safety (Do we need to wait till a kid dies or is paralyzed after being hit by a kid 2 years older playing down?)

Growth of game (how do you expect to attract middle class kids when the wealthy have the reclass advantage?)

C'mon US Lacrosse, this issue needs immediate attention!! I am all for the soccer system with US Lacrosse issued picture ID cards, renewed each year. I'll also let you know a little secret. My sons have not been registered with US Lacrosse for two years. Yes tournament wavers ask for their number, I just make one up and nobody ever checks. This will be a way for you to make much more money because I know I don't only speak for myself.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#121219 - 06/18/15 11:00 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Enforce like-age vs like-age competition, through the use of roster lists (which include names, uniform number, US lacrosse number, and date of birth), and photograph ID cards for each player. In order to be less disruptive to current teams, grandfather in 2025 and older, and only start it with 2026 and younger - although many will prefer that it be enforced immediately at all levels.

Further, what is lost often when age classification is discussed is the growth of the game. Lacrosse is growing, but would grow more significantly if age based enforcement at all levels (even Town) were implemented similar to other sports. Lack of structure in this area scares away the casual parent who may be wary about a sport they know little about and may see as violent. Youth lacrosse, and especially the summer and fall circuits, needs to do a better job including the more casual and/or less athletic player. It can't only be the bastion of the prospective college athletes. Especially in non-hot bed areas (where growth is needed), teams with wide variances in age are squaring off, which chases away many parents who frankly are not used to seeing this in soccer, hockey and baseball.

Top Reply Quote
#121220 - 06/18/15 11:03 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

For the girls, definitely a shooting clock and a foul rule.

Top Reply Quote
#121236 - 06/18/15 11:58 AM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

There should still be the flexibility to have U and grade based games. The U designation should be confined to a one year range; just stick to a universal 12 month DOB range (there will always be older and younger). Grade based should also have some age stipulation and allow for maybe an 18 month DOB range.

The original reason for a 2 year U span was to allow less developed areas to combine 2 grades and field teams. This policy has been manipulated and folks have worked the system to gain an advantage on the competitive side of the sport. The 2 year rule is a very good rule for a rec in-house league that has low enrollment and is developmental... but it losses its efficacy during competitive lacrosse.

If you are in 7th grade, but you're 18 months older than the youngest eligble player (you really should be in 8th grade)... you play up (simple). You can cause no undo harm to others, you need to prove yourself against your true peers.

Top Reply Quote
#121242 - 06/18/15 12:24 PM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
BRING BACK THE HORN!! For at least middle school and below. High School and club (all ages) I get it, but are we really trying to speed the game up in PAL or middle school?! Still trying to teach and get kids even time

Getting rid of the horn was the best thing ever. Is there a horn in youth hockey? No.

It's about kids running and changing on the fly. Horns almost killed the game.

Top Reply Quote
#121247 - 06/18/15 12:30 PM Re: Messages for US Lacrosse. Rules, Age Classification or whatever. [Re: The Hop]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

More time in crease for goalie

Top Reply Quote
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification