BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 86 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Good to know you bring up the same subject again and again. You are really making Madlax look good with your constant negative comments about other clubs. [/quote
Dont care about madlax, just pointing out facts and wonder what the excuses will be for them to continue to sandbag. Still waiting for the score of championship game.

The score of the championship game was VLC 10 Bethesda 5. By the way, they have switched to the AA division for the Maryland Lacrosse Tournament as well as Youngunz. It's always nice to do your research before you make yourself look like a moron with the continuous whining - why bring up VLC in a Madlax thread anyway? It's exhausting...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is nothing. Madlax's teams are filled with tons of reclassified kids. They have a 2017 kid who played with Madlax 2018 last fall despite the fact the kid was STILL enrolled as a 2017 in a VA public school. My son heard he is still enrolled in that public school as a 2017 yet he's playing again this summer with Madlax 2018.

I can name at least 8 reclassified kids on the Madlax teams and there are probably a ton more.

There is a kid who turned 16 two months ago playing on a team that just finished 8th grade this month? Half of the calendar aged kids who graduated 8th grade are still 13. My oldest was age eligible to play in Colorado years back at the U13 national after he graduated from 8th grade.

If his younger siblings were injured in a game as a 13 year old or just turned 14 year old by a 16 year old playing on a rising 9th grade summer team, that tournament owner would need one heck of a lawyer before he even made it to his car. This is an absolute disgrace and an abject insult to safety on the fields. Impossible for parents to accept if kids aren't being recruited to such an extreme that this will be a third at bat for a 8th grade kid with the PG verbal move. A little financial advice...the college tuition break lacrosse may provide will be a fraction of all the eventual club fees and private school tuitions invested.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tournaments are all about money. The directors do not care about the age of the players. Did the check clear? Play the games and here is a plastic trophy. C'ya on the links. Oh, BTW your kid is the next D1 prospect. Cash is always good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Good to know you bring up the same subject again and again. You are really making Madlax look good with your constant negative comments about other clubs. [/quote
Dont care about madlax, just pointing out facts and wonder what the excuses will be for them to continue to sandbag. Still waiting for the score of championship game.

The score of the championship game was VLC 10 Bethesda 5. By the way, they have switched to the AA division for the Maryland Lacrosse Tournament as well as Youngunz. It's always nice to do your research before you make yourself look like a moron with the continuous whining - why bring up VLC in a Madlax thread anyway? It's exhausting...

Well Biff, if you had done your homework you would see that I was responding to another post hence I did not bring it up I was simply answering a question...Kudos to the honorable VLC for finally doing the right thing. Bravo Bravo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am also glad VLC moved up I know some VLC kids and they deserve to play the best and see what they can do in the higher level. They have some AA kids on that team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Madlax? They got killed at the Adrenaline Platinum Cup.

2016 went 1-4

2017 had an easy draw and got the #1 overall seed. Then lost their 1st playoff game against lowest seed

2018 - their best team by far - went 1-4

2019 went 1-3-1

I guess having all those holdbacks isn't helping Madlax, either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2018 Madlax team is quite good. Maybe they just had a bad day. They were up 5-0 over Crabs and lost 7-5. That team has been competitive and both beaten and lost to other top 2018 teams. Frankly the Madlax 2016 and the VLC 2016 teams have never been strong. The Madlax 2017 team on its best days was decent, but not elite. The VLC 2017 was dynamite in 8th grade but was ravaged by attrition...several top players went off to other clubs or have settled into playing for their school at a few events each summer. The only great HS team VLC sustained were the 2015s who are now out of the summer club system. The suggestion that the VLC 2019s are not up to a prior lofty standard is off...VLC HS teams have been rapidly deteriorating for 2-3 years now. Blackwolf and some other clubs including Madlax have been better retaining top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC 2019 went 6-0 in the Gait Rumble in Richmond this past weekend and won the championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is 2 hold backs on madlax 2019 and they were up by 3 on the top 3 teams there and blew it. This weekend with cleaner play they will win it. the were up on triple H 6-1 at half.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is 2 hold backs on madlax 2019 and they were up by 3 on the top 3 teams there and blew it. This weekend with cleaner play they will win it. the were up on triple H 6-1 at half.....

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. That's what you get for cheating with holdbacks. One of the kids on that 2019 team was a 2018 high school freshman last year but is now playing for Madlax's 2019 team.

Cheaters.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC 2019 went 6-0 in the Gait Rumble in Richmond this past weekend and won the championship.

Where any of these teams they played any good it looks like the Roughriders keep it close?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. That's what you get for cheating with holdbacks. One of the kids on that 2019 team was a 2018 high school freshman last year but is now playing for Madlax's 2019 team.

Cheaters.

So what team does your son play for? I would guess they have at least 2 holdbacks.
And yes I think holdbacks are cheating but i am sure all the teams there had at least 2 holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cheaters.

That is a classless move. At what point do the "National" players fly in to supplant the DC/Nova players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cheaters.

That is a classless move. At what point do the "National" players fly in to supplant the DC/Nova players?

Guess they should consult with Crabs who have perfected the art of bringing in other players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our 2019 team has no hold backs. We play against teams with hold backs all the time in the tournaments. Pretty sad but a club tournament win means a lot to most of these clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't surprise me that Madlax has a ton of holdbacks. Besides that ridiculous threatening email, this is the club that charges its families a monthly "academy fee" just for the right to be part of Madlax. Good to see that their cheating ways doesn't pay off on the field.

I've seen that 2018 team. Super overrated and nowhere near as good as the top 2018 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

W.T.G.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, they have switched to the AA division for the Maryland Lacrosse Tournament as well as Youngunz.

Baby Blue better call Big Daddy and tell him to fix it because YounGunz site still shows them in 2019B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the way, they have switched to the AA division for the Maryland Lacrosse Tournament as well as Youngunz.

Baby Blue better call Big Daddy and tell him to fix it because YounGunz site still shows them in 2019B

That it does, Sherlock! It also shows "last updated 4/17/15", so this clearly does not reflect the recent change made just a week ago... *sigh* so painful...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So can the Madlax parents defend all the holdbacks on their teams? Didn't think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So can the Madlax parents defend all the holdbacks on their teams? Didn't think so.

A visitor from the Crabs board?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds like just about all the defense there is - hahahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More likely a LI parent. Why would a Crabs parent post this when they have as many holdbacks as Madlax?

The lack of a response from Madlax is telling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have holdbacks for sure but like 3 or less a team. Madlax is still mostly VA kids not MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to see holdbacks, go see Philly teams, much higher percentage than MIAA. IAC teams might be higher than Philly, will be close, but definitely higher than baltimore area teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have holdbacks for sure but like 3 or less a team. Madlax is still mostly VA kids not MD

What does it matter what state they live in? Holdbacks are holdbacks.

Their 2017 has 4 holdbacks for sure, and probably more. They have a kid who finished 10th grade at a public school (and is still in that school) who is playing for their Rising 10th grade team. They have a kid who finished 9th grade at a public school and is now the FOGO for their Rising 9th grade team.

Cheaters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No response from Madlax parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does it matter what state they live in? Holdbacks are holdbacks.

Their 2017 has 4 holdbacks for sure, and probably more. They have a kid who finished 10th grade at a public school (and is still in that school) who is playing for their Rising 10th grade team. They have a kid who finished 9th grade at a public school and is now the FOGO for their Rising 9th grade team.

Cheaters.

I agree it is a form of cheating just saying its only 1 or 2 kids. Not 12 or more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But it's not 1-2. They have 4 or more on one of the HS teams and every team they have has holdbacks.

I don't think the Crabs have 12 holdbacks on a team. From what I hear, both Madlax and Crabs are about the same when it comes to kids who repeat a grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But it's not 1-2. They have 4 or more on one of the HS teams and every team they have has holdbacks.

I don't think the Crabs have 12 holdbacks on a team. From what I hear, both Madlax and Crabs are about the same when it comes to kids who repeat a grade.

And this makes playing younger kids to gain an advantage okay? The issue being discussed is twofold:

1)the consistent strategy of using many holdbacks at every level by the Crabs and 2) how they broke rules at Beach Lax by jumping the gun and self designating kids as 2020 when they have not attended a day of school as 2020 but had graduated from 8th grade and were permitted to play current 7th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not cheating when you have holdbacks on a high school age team. Only cheating when its 8th grade and below. High school age teams have to be what grade the kid is in. No matter how many times he was held back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's cheating when Madlax 2019 has a kid playing for them who just finished his freshman year in HS and is being heldback to repeat 9th. Talk to the Madlax 2019 parents - they'll admit it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 to 2016 are all recruiting age teams starting this summer. The kid has to play on the team he plans to graduate high school with. The recruiters read the teams name and year and recruit those kids with a plan based on the years tell they will be able to attend their college. Does it suck for the kid who was bumped to blue or cut because of it yes you are correct. I agree any year below the high school teams a reclass kid playing down is cheating but from 2019 to 2016 not a chance its cheating its just the way it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's cheating when Madlax 2019 has a kid playing for them who just finished his freshman year in HS and is being heldback to repeat 9th. Talk to the Madlax 2019 parents - they'll admit it.

Didn't help them yesterday either - they lost to VLC 2019 in the tourney yesterday at McDonogh. Where'd that MadLax dad go who said VLC 2019 couldn't touch MadLax Orange? Guess you were wrong - again...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't help them yesterday either - they lost to VLC 2019 in the tourney yesterday at McDonogh. Where'd that MadLax dad go who said VLC 2019 couldn't touch MadLax Orange? Guess you were wrong - again...

This is the best post ever that was Madlax Blue that you only beat by one goal. Not the orange team. The orange team is at the Big4 tournament with all the big good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again people please look into all the teams in the area and learn about the levels of play and what really are the best tournaments. I feel so bad for the kids I know are to good to be on the team they are playing for. Because their parents do not take the time to research and find the best team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is really weird how Madlax parents constantly bring up other clubs on this thread. I guess anything to deflect from the number of holdbacks on their teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the best post ever that was Madlax Blue that you only beat by one goal. Not the orange team. The orange team is at the Big4 tournament with all the big good teams.

Lol - that's funny because they called themselves orange, and the 2021 Orange team was there too, and got destroyed in every game. It also was a different roster than the 2019 mad lax blue team at the Richmond Rumble a week ago - that's weird, huh? Guess it gets confusing when you constantly move kids all over from team to team...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol - that's funny because they called themselves orange, and the 2021 Orange team was there too, and got destroyed in every game. It also was a different roster than the 2019 mad lax blue team at the Richmond Rumble a week ago - that's weird, huh? Guess it gets confusing when you constantly move kids all over from team to team...

Madlax 2019 Blue was in DC at the Team Camp. And yes the summer team has some new players from the spring team. They have tryouts in the spring and for summer. Please Please Please Please just go to Madlax website and you can see the Rosters and where they will be. I understand hating Madlax they have given you lots of reasons to hate them. But please do a little research it will take 5 mins just go to MADLAX.COM and click the Capital tab and go from there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax 2019 Blue was in DC at the Team Camp. And yes the summer team has some new players from the spring team. They have tryouts in the spring and for summer. Please Please Please Please just go to Madlax website and you can see the Rosters and where they will be. I understand hating Madlax they have given you lots of reasons to hate them. But please do a little research it will take 5 mins just go to MADLAX.COM and click the Capital tab and go from there.

Sorry I wanted to say they where in Team camp the weekend of the Richmond Tournament you are talking about. All the team and there tournament schedule are very easy to find on the website. Madlax put everything out there for all to see. Rosters schedules and everything else you would like to know.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 86 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard