BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 128 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

"A student who has attained his/her 19th birthday on or after August 31st of a given academic year may participate only on the Varsity level."

Yes, 19 and 20 year olds!

Absolutely 19 & 20 year olds as seniors including some of the most famous Crabs alum were 19 and 20 year old seniors.

If you turn 19 on or after Aug 31, you can not turn 20 during that school year. It is metaphysically, geometrically and chronologically impossible.

Not in the minds of Strong Island.

Narrow minded much? Depends on the state. For example, Maryland schools are 19. Massachusetts is 20 on August 31st . Believe it or not, there is lacrosse outside of Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that this is not a high school issue - we are talking about youth lacrosse.

Let's clarify that. It is a recruiting issue. When an age legit 14 yo 2019 steps on the field at a showcase with a 16 yo 2019 the 16 year old with even average ability will look like a super star against the 14 yo. Which is exactly what the 16 yo parents are striving to achieve. In the case of HS ball, coaches will only bring up those freshmen that have the skills and physical maturity to compete at that level against 17 and 18 year olds (19 and 20 in the MIAA and Inter AC).

Really?!? 20 year olds??? MIAA rules are you must be 18 when you start your senior year. Nice try though. The legend just keeps growing

Oh sorry, 19 and 3/4th years old. You win MD Daddy. Still two years older than the average on age legitimate HS senior. You must be so proud to have a son who should be finishing his sophomore year of College still in HS. If he's like many college students, and many lax players, it will take him 5 plus years to finish undergrad. Maybe, just maybe he'll have a real job and out of your basement by 26 or 27. Perhaps he'll do the camp and MLL thing for 2 or 3 years. Then at the ripe old age of 30 he'll test the job market. If only you could stack the deck for him in the real world... Like you did in Lacrosse. Ooooppps, he'll have to stand on his own now against the older scary kids... You know the ones that finished college at 21 or 22 and now have positions of responsibility at age 27. Good Luck... Sorry, have to do the financial recap: $200,000 for 5 or 6 years of private HS, $300,000 for 5 plus years of Undergrad. Less $40,000 for your "athletic scholarship". Plus another $50,000 for ten years of Club ball and training. The result, a 27 year old lax camp instructor who plays MLL. Bravo! Bravo! Now that's an accomplishment MIAA Daddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"A student who has attained his/her 19th birthday on or after August 31st of a given academic year may participate only on the Varsity level."

Yes, 19 and 20 year olds!

Absolutely 19 & 20 year olds as seniors including some of the most famous Crabs alum were 19 and 20 year old seniors.

If you turn 19 on or after Aug 31, you can not turn 20 during that school year. It is metaphysically, geometrically and chronologically impossible.

Thank you. Apparently they don't do math on LI. Only numbers they know is the SPF of their sun tan oil

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is an important issue - would it be possible to get the coach to share a little more detail of his findings? I recently had a D1 coach tell me he had about a 50% "success rate" with players that were holdbacks and committed early. There is sparse data looking at the performance of holdbacks over the longer term when the physical advantage of age has played out in high school. Does anyone else know of research on this topic?

The issue is strictly a youth game one. And more specific a youth club lacrosse issue. This has nothing to do with high school play or anything to do with a freshman being a JV or a varsity player. Grade based teams in youth lacrosse exist for one reason only. It allows parents discretion to manipulate the age group their son plays in to the downside. Better players in sports have always played up if they were strong and good enough. Lacrosse is the only sport I can think of that celebrates signing up a 15 year old with 13 year olds to hold an advantage. What is next, fake a learning disability to take untimed tests at school? My kid would likely do better on the SAT if he could spend 10 hours going over everything many times over. Would that be ok if he gets a 99 percentile and gets into Harvard instead of a 80 percentile? The difference can be that small for an academic admissions application. Happens all the time.

Recently sat with a top 20 D1 coach who has done some significant research on IL top rated kids starting from 2011 forward. He took a look at the top 50 kids, checked to see if they were even still on the team they were recruited to after two years, and then checked to see how many of these phenoms became All-Americans. The results are staggering, and not in a favorable way. Clearly, many of these kids were holdbacks, re-class kids and almost all were early commits. It seems the vast majority lose their edge rather quickly on the field and many don't pan out at the school either.
It will take some time to completely run it's course, but the early evidence shows these kids who've played down against weaker competition in their HS years, can't seem to hack it when the tables are turned.
Again, not my words, those of a coach you'd want your son to play for.

If it is 50%, that is far, far higher than the overall success rate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that this is not a high school issue - we are talking about youth lacrosse.

Let's clarify that. It is a recruiting issue. When an age legit 14 yo 2019 steps on the field at a showcase with a 16 yo 2019 the 16 year old with even average ability will look like a super star against the 14 yo. Which is exactly what the 16 yo parents are striving to achieve. In the case of HS ball, coaches will only bring up those freshmen that have the skills and physical maturity to compete at that level against 17 and 18 year olds (19 and 20 in the MIAA and Inter AC).

Really?!? 20 year olds??? MIAA rules are you must be 18 when you start your senior year. Nice try though. The legend just keeps growing

Oh sorry, 19 and 3/4th years old. You win MD Daddy. Still two years older than the average on age legitimate HS senior. You must be so proud to have a son who should be finishing his sophomore year of College still in HS. If he's like many college students, and many lax players, it will take him 5 plus years to finish undergrad. Maybe, just maybe he'll have a real job and out of your basement by 26 or 27. Perhaps he'll do the camp and MLL thing for 2 or 3 years. Then at the ripe old age of 30 he'll test the job market. If only you could stack the deck for him in the real world... Like you did in Lacrosse. Ooooppps, he'll have to stand on his own now against the older scary kids... You know the ones that finished college at 21 or 22 and now have positions of responsibility at age 27. Good Luck... Sorry, have to do the financial recap: $200,000 for 5 or 6 years of private HS, $300,000 for 5 plus years of Undergrad. Less $40,000 for your "athletic scholarship". Plus another $50,000 for ten years of Club ball and training. The result, a 27 year old lax camp instructor who plays MLL. Bravo! Bravo! Now that's an accomplishment MIAA Daddy.

Yes, I am an MIAA daddy. Both my boys are on age though. They are some of the best schools you could ever find. Why do you think the Cleveland Browns head coach left his family in Baltimore when he got the job? I am not a fan of reclassifying, I just don't come on here and whine like a little [lacrosse] about it incessantly.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The poster didn't write 50%, the poster wrote "staggering, and not in a favorable way". 50% is your guess, and note that is higher than the overall success rate for rostered players at a D1 program. That is your opinion, and not a representation of what the poster wrote. Suppose you are correct and 50% is the success rate, and let's define success as still on a team and is a starter on their team. I don't know this, but would also assume that scholarship money is skewed more toward the top rated or earliest committed recruits. If this is accurate, 50% washout rate for IL rated recruits is an abysmal result looking at it from a return on investment optic. If a top ACC program gets four IL ranked recruits a year, that is 16 out of 45 players (45 is again just my guess on an average roster size now). That is about 1/3rd your roster taking up a large % o the scholarship dollars to allocate.

If Duke basketball whiffed on 5 out of 15 guys on their basketball team, and those were their top and highest ranked recruits, it would not cost them the ability to fully scholarship the remaining 10 players. But it would definitely mean Duke would fall hard as a basketball program from the prominence and performance they have had under Coach K.

Either way, early recruiting with large percentages of the discretionary scholarship money going out with it, is a horrible mathematical strategy. It may be possible that some coaches are savants at projecting with absolute certainty who the best 18-23 year olds will be from a batch of 13-15 year olds they are evaluating for a month or two and seeing play live less than 5 times. But if Vegas had a market for it, I would bet short on the success of those programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cyclones are by far the best 2021 team in the South. They played a 2020 team from Raleigh this weekend in MD and lost 7-4. That team was stacked and had at least 2 2019 kids per one of that Cannon team's parents. I would say the Cyclones 2021 white could play with any 2020 team in Charlotte. They would be great games, a 2021 vs a 2020, they are closely matched.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cyclones are by far the best 2021 team in the South. They played a 2020 team from Raleigh this weekend in MD and lost 7-4. That team was stacked and had at least 2 2019 kids per one of that Cannon team's parents. I would say the Cyclones 2021 white could play with any 2020 team in Charlotte. They would be great games, a 2021 vs a 2020, they are closely matched.

Nobody cares about those clubs or that region, especially on this thread. Awful lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm glad you think so. Keep thinking that way...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about those clubs or that region, especially on this thread. Awful lacrosse.

Yes, the Cannons are known for holdbacks/playing down - they did the same at this tournament last year, winning u13 with a team that was definitely older.

Ignore that other poster, glad to see the sport gaining interest elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should post this on the Carolina Lacrosse Thread. Oh yeah....there isn't one because nobody cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Madlax has a kid who already graduated and is playing on their 2016 team. And another kid who finished his freshman year of HS and is now playing for their 2019 team.

Good to see them fall on their face at Platinum Cup. Cheaters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Madlax has a kid who already graduated and is playing on their 2016 team. And another kid who finished his freshman year of HS and is now playing for their 2019 team.

Good to see them fall on their face at Platinum Cup. Cheaters.

Whiners

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should post this on the Carolina Lacrosse Thread. Oh yeah....there isn't one because nobody cares

The Palm Beach Revolution (pbr) seemed really solid. Have they played the Cyclones?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Replied re 2021's on 2021 thread. (But I don't know that any Crabs should talk smack about a team that lost to the best 2021 team in the country only by one goal.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I am an MIAA daddy. Both my boys are on age though. They are some of the best schools you could ever find. Why do you think the Cleveland Browns head coach left his family in Baltimore when he got the job? I am not a fan of reclassifying, I just don't come on here and whine like a little [lacrosse] about it incessantly.

I think you're mistakenly thinking about your wife with you're reference to the "little [lacrosse]", I digress. They are the best schools in Baltimore, because you can't send your kids to most of the public cesspools in your neck of the woods. No whining here, just a statement of the facts. Sometimes hard to swallow for you MIAA Daddies. Why don't you grow a pair and call some of your fellow MIAA Daddies out... Remind them that we all know their kid couldn't play on age. A little public shaming goes a long way towards changing peoples attitudes. By the way, you might want to find another forum, we'll never stop calling you, I mean your friends out. Further, my son does it on the field right to the kids faces, tells the whole field. "Hey this donkey is 17 and just finished 9th grade again." You see my son was taught to challenge himself, be tough, and stand up for what's right. That's how we raise our children. Its called intestinal fortitude, you and your friends should look into it...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" You see my son was taught to challenge himself, be tough, and stand up for what's right. That's how we raise our children. Its called intestinal fortitude, you and your friends should look into it..."

I relocated to MD for work, I can say that all the MIAA parents do is buy trophies, teach their kids to cheat, and threaten to sue when challenged! That is the MIAA way!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Mary's in Annapolis won the MIAA championship with no reclassified kids. In this case talent trumped schools with tons of reclassified kids. Good for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Mary's in Annapolis won the MIAA championship with no reclassified kids. In this case talent trumped schools with tons of reclassified kids. Good for them.

St. Marys had at least one, but i think only one. Ironically he plays for Crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Mary's has had many re class kids over the years.
They have also sent several to prep school to grow.

The cupboard at St Marys will not be so full next year.
They graduated 20 Seniors.

Several could not even get into schools until real late.
Others switched commitments because they kept getting in trouble.

I see another 20 year drought.

Ben is poaching public school transfers though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're mistakenly thinking about your wife with you're reference to the "little [lacrosse]", I digress.

Did you mean "your reference"? Must have gone to Hofstra.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're mistakenly thinking about your wife with you're reference to the "little [lacrosse]", I digress.

That's the best you've got??? I wrote something quick and made a little mistake... Wow, thank goodness YOU'RE out there Mr. Grammar policeman. What a fairy. Didn't go to Hofstra, but would have gone there happily. I went to another school. Came out and built a business that gives me the freedom to have a cup of coffee at my computer and make fun of losers like you... Probably in YOUR office already. Have a good day, I'll check back later from my boat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the best you've got??? I wrote something quick and made a little mistake... Wow, thank goodness YOU'RE out there Mr. Grammar policeman. What a fairy. Didn't go to Hofstra, but would have gone there happily. I went to another school. Came out and built a business that gives me the freedom to have a cup of coffee at my computer and make fun of losers like you... Probably in YOUR office already. Have a good day, I'll check back later from my boat.

Wow, you actually have a BOAT? I guess you win the Internet.

Good thing you have so much time to complain about boys youth lacrosse and anything that denies your son a trophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good thing you have so much time to complain about boys youth lacrosse and anything that denies your son a trophy.

Actually its a yacht, sorry didn't want to brag. Try playing on age one time, I know the kids who are the same age as your son are scary and he can't handle it, it's ok. Obviously, the only way your kid can succeed (or win that trophy) is by playing down with little kids. Do you actually high five him after the game, and say "good job beating up on those kids 2 years younger than you"? When the little kids burn his [lacrosse], what it god's name do you say to him in the car? Man, I would give anything to hear that twisted conversation. I have to say, I'm really intrigued and baffled how you re-class, grade repeating, rule bender, unsportsmanlike individuals actually take the position that you're standing on some kind of moral high ground. Amazing, sad and funny at the same time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

is the crabs forum really a contest for who's the douchiest lax parent on the internet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is in HS and didn't reclass. I just enjoy reading these comments from LI dads.

I can't believe you actually typed, "actually its [sic] a yacht". The comedy gold on this thread gets better and better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]is the crabs forum really a contest for who's the douchiest lax parent on the internet? [/quote]

it's a death match of one group of self entitled MD [lacrosse] bags vs another group of self entitled NY [lacrosse] bags!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Mary's has had many re class kids over the years.
They have also sent several to prep school to grow.

Not sure about that, don't know of too many, who are these people

The cupboard at St Marys will not be so full next year.
They graduated 20 Seniors.

True, lost a lot

Several could not even get into schools until real late.
Others switched commitments because they kept getting in trouble.

They are still going though

I see another 20 year drought.

You never know

Ben is poaching public school transfers though.

Have only heard of one public and one private transfer, who are these people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, I am 45 and play over 30 ice hockey. I play down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]is the crabs forum really a contest for who's the douchiest lax parent on the internet?

it's a death match of one group of self entitled MD [lacrosse] bags vs another group of self entitled NY [lacrosse] bags! [/quote]

Except for the fact that LI kids don't need to cheat the system for a win. We are self entitled because we have the boys with the most talent, you have the boys with the most money to engage in shady tactics to get an edge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is the crabs forum really a contest for who's the douchiest lax parent on the internet?

it's a death match of one group of self entitled MD [lacrosse] bags vs another group of self entitled NY [lacrosse] bags! [/quote]

Except for the fact that LI kids don't need to cheat the system for a win. We are self entitled because we have the boys with the most talent, you have the boys with the most money to engage in shady tactics to get an edge. [/quote]

Crabs Doucher are you going to let the Crush Doucher get away with that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it's a death match of one group of self entitled MD [lacrosse] bags vs another group of self entitled NY [lacrosse] bags!

Except for the fact that LI kids don't need to cheat the system for a win. We are self entitled because we have the boys with the most talent, you have the boys with the most money to engage in shady tactics to get an edge. [/quote]

Crabs Doucher are you going to let the Crush Doucher get away with that?[/quote]

I'd say Crush has plenty of families that COULD send their kids to prep schools if they cared too- they just choose not to because their schools are very good and they do not have to reclass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, I am 45 and play over 30 ice hockey. I play down.

I think we all know you play with yourself....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is in HS and didn't reclass. I just enjoy reading these comments from LI dads.

I can't believe you actually typed, "actually its [sic] a yacht". The comedy gold on this thread gets better and better.

What's not to believe? When your vessel is over 50ft it's a yacht. I challenge myself, and boat up... I love nothing more than getting under the skin of uptight Maryland folk...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs Doucher are you going to let the Crush Doucher get away with that? [/quote]

Not a crush parent. Just somebody that loves getting under the skin of these MD people. I love the come backs filled with self righteous indignation, as if the parents of on age players are somehow wronging you by calling you out... It never gets old. I also love the whining come back... Classic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except for the fact that LI kids don't need to cheat the system for a win. We are self entitled because we have the boys with the most talent, you have the boys with the most money to engage in shady tactics to get an edge.

Crabs Doucher are you going to let the Crush Doucher get away with that?[/quote]

I'd say Crush has plenty of families that COULD send their kids to prep schools if they cared too- they just choose not to because their schools are very good and they do not have to reclass.[/quote]

Interesting as an outside observer...both teams are some of the worst of what their states offer. Crabs blatantly bends the rules by holding back boys 1-2 years and playing kids their junior. Crush has kids & parents with very poor sportsmanship who can not handle being bested in a play or two before beginning with the foul mouth and throwing of punches on the field. Some of the worst representatives of the sport from two states. And before you both come back with ...well we win and you are all jealous (standard reply from both your teams). Yes, you do win but at what cost to the boy's character?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd say Crush has plenty of families that COULD send their kids to prep schools if they cared too- they just choose not to because their schools are very good and they do not have to reclass.[/quote]

I'm not sure if you know this, but Maryland Public Schools are ranked higher than New [lacrosse]'s...Also, a very high majority of kids do not reclass. But, why let facts stand in your way right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish someone would please upload an Epic Rap Battle for the Ages "Md Lax Parent vs LI Lax Parent" onto youtube. That could be a classic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. The blue bloods from Baltimore in their county club gear rapping how they don't have to work since great grand dad left everything. they can afford to re-class their kids three times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. The blue bloods from Baltimore in their county club gear rapping how they don't have to work since great grand dad left everything. they can afford to re-class their kids three times.

That is almost at bad as assuming everyone on Long Island drives an IROC. When you start talking like this, any valid issues you have are completely dismissed.

Like Reply Quote
Page 40 of 128 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard