BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,715
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 237 of 327 1 2 235 236 237 238 239 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually I think have played before Carro always won but I think by one or two. This year might be a different story

That is interesting. My daughter's team played both last summer and it seemed like there was a big difference. Her team beat Bert but lost by quite a bit to Carro.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Looks like YJ 2019 Mitchell had a solid tournament this past weekend. Given that it seems like the feeling here is that Carro isn't all that strong, would Mitchell give them a good game? Have they played/scrimmaged each other?"

Answer: They have played each other and the "second team", MItchell this year and Bert before him, has never beaten Carro's team. The most recent matchup was in the semi-final game at the Summer Classic. Carro's team won. The Score was 6-3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting debate here about placement on teams. I just told my daughter that life is full of unfairness, so she may as well get used to it now. But in the end, college coaches don't play FAF, legacy kids, kids with demanding parents, kids whose Mom or Dad is a coach, or kids who have been a YJ since the age of 7. They play the best. So be your best no matter what team CR deems you worthy of.

Looking at the college commits from year to year for YJ, it seems like they generally get it right. The Blue players go to the better college programs and the Gold players the next tier. Seems like the college coaches generally agree w the YJ assessment.

There are also Blue girls who do not go to top tier schools and Gold ones who go to Stony Brook (5th in Nation this year). Proves the point of many posters that some (NOT ALL!)Gold girls could easily be on a Blue team and nobody would even notice.

I also think that the unfairness with placements is more prevalent with the younger teams. As they get older, the placing is more accurate.

I'd calm your jets on the 5th in the nation crap w Stony Brook. They finished 11th in the polls, which is about right. Still excellent, but not 5th. I wonder how many Gold players are starters at SB as well. Bench players are not the same thing and my guess would be that the Gold players, with maybe an odd exception, were not major contributors to SB's success this year.

Of course the bottom end of one team and the top of the next in any organization will be very similar in terms of talent. That is obvious, but the cut needs to be made somewhere. The lower team's parents seem to miss the point, however, that there is a clear difference between player 10 on the top team and player 1 on second team.

Awesome! So not only do all Blue players go to Top 10 programs - and not subpar programs like Stony Brook (yuck, right? They were only 18-2 after all.) Blue players all start and contribute to the top programs like Maryland!!! Gold players are destined for second tier programs or the bench on any decent program. I'll go tell my 11 year old. Might as well break the bad news to her now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting debate here about placement on teams. I just told my daughter that life is full of unfairness, so she may as well get used to it now. But in the end, college coaches don't play FAF, legacy kids, kids with demanding parents, kids whose Mom or Dad is a coach, or kids who have been a YJ since the age of 7. They play the best. So be your best no matter what team CR deems you worthy of.

Looking at the college commits from year to year for YJ, it seems like they generally get it right. The Blue players go to the better college programs and the Gold players the next tier. Seems like the college coaches generally agree w the YJ assessment.

There are also Blue girls who do not go to top tier schools and Gold ones who go to Stony Brook (5th in Nation this year). Proves the point of many posters that some (NOT ALL!)Gold girls could easily be on a Blue team and nobody would even notice.

I also think that the unfairness with placements is more prevalent with the younger teams. As they get older, the placing is more accurate.

I'd calm your jets on the 5th in the nation crap w Stony Brook. They finished 11th in the polls, which is about right. Still excellent, but not 5th. I wonder how many Gold players are starters at SB as well. Bench players are not the same thing and my guess would be that the Gold players, with maybe an odd exception, were not major contributors to SB's success this year.

Of course the bottom end of one team and the top of the next in any organization will be very similar in terms of talent. That is obvious, but the cut needs to be made somewhere. The lower team's parents seem to miss the point, however, that there is a clear difference between player 10 on the top team and player 1 on second team.

Awesome! So not only do all Blue players go to Top 10 programs - and not subpar programs like Stony Brook (yuck, right? They were only 18-2 after all.) Blue players all start and contribute to the top programs like Maryland!!! Gold players are destined for second tier programs or the bench on any decent program. I'll go tell my 11 year old. Might as well break the bad news to her now.

No not your 11 year-old. But if it's your 14 year-old, you can go ahead and break the news if you must. All though I would advise against it. They likely have already figured it out for themselves and don't need to feel your crushing disappointment on top of that.

And nowhere does it say that ALL Blue players go to top ten programs. It's just that no Gold ones do. And 3rd and 4th team, not really a discussion is it? Which is really what this discussion is about. There are posts on here claiming that teams 2-4 have players that are interchangeable with the top team. Certainly true of team 2, not very likely past that. And yet delusional parents think it so. Does not mean one should "break the news" to their daughter. But it should mean that the parents have a realistic perspective and let their daughters have fun and play the game for the love of the game instead of for some fantasized outcome.

Do you think your daughter is going to play at Maryland? Is that her dream, or yours? If she is destined to, yes even a 11, it will be pretty obvious. She will be the fastest girl in the entire program. She will have amazing hand/eye coordination and you will have seen that since she was 2. She will see the field in away that most 11 year-olds will not. Her stick work, yes even at 11, will be head and shoulders above the other girls. Sorry to break it to you, but that's just the way it is.

Parents seem to not understand this. I wish they did. It would make youth sports a whole lot more fun for the kids, the parents and the coaches. Best of luck to your daughter. I hope she fulfills her dreams, whatever they may be ,and in the process doesn't disappoint her parent's dream of wearing a Maryland jacket and tailgaiting at the NCAA championships someday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it interesting the only people that still call it Blue with their posts here and on facebook are the F&F and Legacy families. The people that are new to all this have never heard of blue gold or green. Those people almost always are on 2nd and 3rd teams, what a coincidence!

Didn't colors go away 3 years ago?

And people still yapping about BLUE

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it interesting the only people that still call it Blue with their posts here and on facebook are the F&F and Legacy families. The people that are new to all this have never heard of blue gold or green. Those people almost always are on 2nd and 3rd teams, what a coincidence!

So everybody please type "Defielse, Huff, Rose, Carro, Curcio, Skak, Russell, Thorn" when you make reference to these teams. The designation "Blue" seems to be offensive to some people.
Really people? Talk about letting insignificant details occupying your life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just easier than the silly coach's name is team name thing they have gone to to make people like you think there isn't a strict hierarchy in the teams. So let's call them team 1-5 then ok? Now you can yap about your kid on team 3 that isn't very good, but who you still hope will someday find the magic so you can brag at work to people who don't give a crap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A second team is a second team whether you call it gold, bert or mitchell. They only use names to try and make the parents and players forget that their team is not the top team. Using names blurs the lines, but doesn't eliminate them. Its all part of the marketing strategy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No not your 11 year-old. But if it's your 14 year-old, you can go ahead and break the news if you must. All though I would advise against it. They likely have already figured it out for themselves and don't need to feel your crushing disappointment on top of that.

And nowhere does it say that ALL Blue players go to top ten programs. It's just that no Gold ones do. And 3rd and 4th team, not really a discussion is it? Which is really what this discussion is about. There are posts on here claiming that teams 2-4 have players that are interchangeable with the top team. Certainly true of team 2, not very likely past that. And yet delusional parents think it so. Does not mean one should "break the news" to their daughter. But it should mean that the parents have a realistic perspective and let their daughters have fun and play the game for the love of the game instead of for some fantasized outcome.

Do you think your daughter is going to play at Maryland? Is that her dream, or yours? If she is destined to, yes even a 11, it will be pretty obvious. She will be the fastest girl in the entire program. She will have amazing hand/eye coordination and you will have seen that since she was 2. She will see the field in away that most 11 year-olds will not. Her stick work, yes even at 11, will be head and shoulders above the other girls. Sorry to break it to you, but that's just the way it is.

Parents seem to not understand this. I wish they did. It would make youth sports a whole lot more fun for the kids, the parents and the coaches. Best of luck to your daughter. I hope she fulfills her dreams, whatever they may be ,and in the process doesn't disappoint her parent's dream of wearing a Maryland jacket and tailgaiting at the NCAA championships someday.

While I agree with a lot of what you said I believe you over did it.Plenty of kids have seen playing time at Maryland who were not the best at everything when they were 14. If your kid is a top 5 player on a top club team they will have a chance at seeing the field at any program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never said girls were not having fun. Never said my poor daughter was placed on the wrong team. Never said anything about D1 or any college for that matter. All that was said was there are legit players playing on teams 2-4. Yet you keep having your own conversation. We keep reading about Blue not being as good as other top YJ teams. Again, they are good....very good. But their very good team lost [2] games lat week. Let's hope they don't lose another game this summer. But if the losses continue, swapping players w/in their own club down the road is an option. Having legit players w/in their own club is a good thing, no?. To all the girls that read this......Keep having fun. Keep working at getting better. You need not worry about college and or what team you are on. Just keep having fun and continue to get better with hard work both on and off the field. You do that, playing college ball at some level {D1, D2, D3 or club ball} will be there. To those that look down at their noses at any team other than Blue......chilLAX!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Awesome! So not only do all Blue players go to Top 10 programs - and not subpar programs like Stony Brook (yuck, right? They were only 18-2 after all.) Blue players all start and contribute to the top programs like Maryland!!! Gold players are destined for second tier programs or the bench on any decent program. I'll go tell my 11 year old. Might as well break the bad news to her now.[/quote]

Parents seem to not understand this. I wish they did. It would make youth sports a whole lot more fun for the kids, the parents and the coaches. Best of luck to your daughter. I hope she fulfills her dreams, whatever they may be ,and in the process doesn't disappoint her parent's dream of wearing a Maryland jacket and tailgaiting at the NCAA championships someday. [/quote]

While I agree with a lot of what you said I believe you over did it.Plenty of kids have seen playing time at Maryland who were not the best at everything when they were 14. If your kid is a top 5 player on a top club team they will have a chance at seeing the field at any program.[/quote]

Agreed. I overstated for effect. But I just wish parents could understand, even with your correct softening of the point, what that level of athleticism looks like. It would make a lot of kids, parents and coaches a lot happier and youth sports could return to being something much more pure and enjoyable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An SBU sophomore this year was first team America East. All Freshman America East in 2014. And guess what? She wasn't on the almighty YJ Blue team. She was with the poor insignificant slobs on the Gold squad. Wise up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for YJ Parents: My daughter was hurt and only attended one practice. Out for the entire season....should I ask about moving her money into next year or just leave it alone?

Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An SBU sophomore this year was first team America East. All Freshman America East in 2014. And guess what? She wasn't on the almighty YJ Blue team. She was with the poor insignificant slobs on the Gold squad. Wise up.

Wise up to what, Dad? She then is the odd exception cited above. Good for her. All America East. Wow!

And it is your characterization that they are poor, insignificant slobs. Mine would just be that they are generally good, not great, lax players in the context of the highest level of college lacrosse. Again nothing wrong with that. I'd much prefer that my daughter was a high achiever in the class room than on the lax field anyway. Even you must admit that most parents are delusional when it comes to the athletic ability of their kids, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for YJ Parents: My daughter was hurt and only attended one practice. Out for the entire season....should I ask about moving her money into next year or just leave it alone?

Thank you!

I think you should definitely ask.. the offer won't come from the organization if you don't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's really about the grades......use lacrosse to help open the door to desirable colleges....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a degree in a major you love and quit worrying about being a JV lacrosse coach some day for $3,500 a year! You people ride your kids like workers get ridden in a sweat shop. They are in 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th grade. Let them grow up and quit worrying about giving that verbal in 9th or 10 grade. Funny how the parents riding their kids the hardest usually never played a sport in school and some didn't go to college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How in the [lacrosse] is YJ any good and how do they stay in business? All I ever read on here is inter-club griping and complaining. And, it's not just here. I see it on the sidelines from the parents and coaches. Why is everybody that has a kid on the top YJ team always so pissed off at everybody whose kid isn't on the top YJ team? It's like they think they've won the contest of life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How in the [lacrosse] is YJ any good and how do they stay in business? All I ever read on here is inter-club griping and complaining. And, it's not just here. I see it on the sidelines from the parents and coaches. Why is everybody that has a kid on the top YJ team always so pissed off at everybody whose kid isn't on the top YJ team? It's like they think they've won the contest of life.

I think you got it backwards, the parents who are not on top teams are the ones pissed off and griping.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep...sorry. My bad. That's what I meant. Regardless...lots of anger and jealousy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep...sorry. My bad. That's what I meant. Regardless...lots of anger and jealousy.

One thing to remember, not only YJ parents on here. Kids, Alumni, other teams, etc. all have their own agenda....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you got it backwards, the parents who are not on top teams are the ones pissed off and griping.

The ones on the top teams are gloating and walk around thinking they won the pissing contest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many blue team parents who are griping, their kids are the ones on the bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the schedules for ND it should be a sweep for YJ this weekend, 2019 the only team that might have trouble running the table

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the schedules for ND it should be a sweep for YJ this weekend, 2019 the only team that might have trouble running the table

All this travel every weekend to play non competitive games is getting old. You can market and call these events whatever you want national championship, national draw etc at the end of the day if we can't get competitive games and divisions we should stay on the Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many blue team parents who are griping, their kids are the ones on the bench.

These are some of the same parents that have been complaining for years. But in the end, they stay put because they need to tell everyone within an earshot that their kid is on "blue". And remember that all the "blue" kids will go to a top D1 school!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I certainly wouldn't put money on a sweep, very hard to do. I think YJs did sweep one year going back 3-4 years ago, and it should be easier to do now without M&D, but still a bunch of really good teams still attending. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you get a special ribbon for a sweep ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers is favorite to be the only team in ND to give the mighty YJ's a game. TLC had nice tournament last weekend at Lax Inception beating YJs 2018s, 2019s and tying 2016s. Too bad TLC and M&D aren't going to be there to make it interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looking at the schedules for ND it should be a sweep for YJ this weekend, 2019 the only team that might have trouble running the table

All this travel every weekend to play non competitive games is getting old. You can market and call these events whatever you want national championship, national draw etc at the end of the day if we can't get competitive games and divisions we should stay on the Island

You'll go where CR tells you to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Looking at the schedules for ND it should be a sweep for YJ this weekend, 2019 the only team that might have trouble running the table

We shouldn't even go to the tournament we should have a victory parade instead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 not only might have trouble, they will have trouble. They will lose to SkyWalkers in pool play. And other younger ages won't have trouble only because M&D decided not to come this year, or else YJ would not run the table anywhere.

And of course in the 2018 and up divisions, all the good players will be at IWLCA in VA. CR just wants to say "YJ wins ND" in those ages. Quite silly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We shouldn't even go to the tournament we should have a victory parade instead.

The parade can go from the dirt field at PAL Holbrook over to the turf field that we never use.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 not only might have trouble, they will have trouble. They will lose to SkyWalkers in pool play. And other younger ages won't have trouble only because M&D decided not to come this year, or else YJ would not run the table anywhere.

And of course in the 2018 and up divisions, all the good players will be at IWLCA in VA. CR just wants to say "YJ wins ND" in those ages. Quite silly.

Skywalkers 2019 is not what they used to be. They shouldn't put up much of a fight either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers 2019 is not what they used to be. They shouldn't put up much of a fight either.

Did that just happen this year? Didn't they win this age group last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Part of the issue is the IWLCA event is in Virginia this weekend..the same place where they will play the Capital Cup and the U15's. These are two events both YJ and TG are attending. To go this weekend and make it three trips to Virginia is a little too much to ask for Long Island families...no?

It is a much easier trip for Maryland teams...but a (6) hour drive for LI. National Draw is a (2) hour drive, I can see why both YJ and TG go to this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Part of the issue is the IWLCA event is in Virginia this weekend..the same place where they will play the Capital Cup and the U15's. These are two events both YJ and TG are attending. To go this weekend and make it three trips to Virginia is a little too much to ask for Long Island families...no?

It is a much easier trip for Maryland teams...but a (6) hour drive for LI. National Draw is a (2) hour drive, I can see why both YJ and TG go to this one.

more like an 8 hour or more drive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers beat YJs last year at ND in pool play... Mitchell's team went further getting out of their bracket, but were beaten by TGs.
This year Carro's team will have to beat SWblue to get out of their pool. Given that they lost to SWs Blue just last weekend at Lax Inception, its not going to be easy for Carro's team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers just beat YJ Carro this past weekend you dingleberry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers just beat YJ Carro this past weekend you dingleberry

Well then I guess YJ Carro isn't what they used to be either because the statement about Skywalkers is fact. 4-4 record this spring and have been handled easily by M&D all year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 237 of 327 1 2 235 236 237 238 239 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard