BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids from 91 White and Orange will go to St. Ant's and Chaminade next year?

Maybe some of the "who's better" talk will be settled on the freshman starting rosters.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College scouts? They are in 8th grade. These nuts. Does your kid even know what he wants to fo for a living. I think you are crazy. Do you really think that all kids from 91 are going D1? Come on man. Do you have any idea how many kids are not going to play in college that are good. There are just to many kids playing and not enough places to put them. Listen dude you need to get a grip on really. Just be thankful that your kid goes to college and gets an education. The rest will take care of itself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going to chaminDe or Anthony's mean anyway? How about HHH, MaaspequA, West Islip, Smithtown, Syossett?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like Hopkins has their recruiting classes filled through high school graduation year 2018. So to keep busy this summer they are probably watching the 2019s, 2020s and possibly the 2021s along with UNC and Maryland. Soon these kids might skip high school altogether.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What's going to chaminDe or Anthony's mean anyway? How about HHH, MaaspequA, West Islip, Smithtown, Syossett?

With the obvious express ties at the Catholics, it will be interesting to see which 2019 players from 91 White and Orange break the glass ceiling with starting spots & good PT next year (over Express kids and over each other).

If there are a lot of 91 kids going, It should also answer some questions as to "who's better" at certain positions amongst the 91 Parents since the coaches don't have to deal with 91 parents regularly (less 91 politics).

Not saying those other publics schools mentioned are not any good. Just pointing out an interesting possibility.

Does anyone have a count of those kids going to St A's or Cham?
How about from True Blue, Legacy, Revolution, etc?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like Hopkins has their recruiting classes filled through high school graduation year 2018. So to keep busy this summer they are probably watching the 2019s, 2020s and possibly the 2021s along with UNC and Maryland. Soon these kids might skip high school altogether.

Always remember that the goalies are only as good adjacent defense in front of them and the D is only as good as the midfielders
Getting back and the attack can't do anything without the ball. Common sense I know. But these kids may not be that good on their own . You will get exposed . Plenty of good goalies out there on weaker teams that cone up big in games because they have to ..Those would be the ones to look at

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure they were watching your kid. By the way my 2020 kid wants to go to Hopkins, I guess that a verbal right. He's in now I don't gave to worry about what college he's going. This is great. Anyone else want to come witb my son. He can go with all his friends as nd we can car pool. Your such a knucklehead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your golies are better then the orange goalies lol

Don't go there to start something. It's all about opinions. We had tryouts and the goalies were picked based on that plain and simple. Sometimes kids have bad days and others have bad days. Some handle pressure some dont but may inthe future
yeah, all tryouts are legit with no calls made or offers tendered, give me a break.

Best goalies not always selected, as been seen time and time again. Goalie talent for 2019 superior on teams other than 91. As witnessed in tryouts, tournys, 3d, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
List of 2019 teams
1.Team 91
2. Li express
3. Crabs
4. Laxachussets
5. Madlax
6. HHH
7. Dukes

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 3d team us playing in Big 4 in the 2019 age bracket?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is coming from one parent who feels slighted because they didn't attend the Platinum Cup. Do you honestly think that college coaches were there recruiting 8th graders?? Let's be honest, no one there was getting recruited. They will be at similar recruiting tournaments in the fall which is when things start to count. They have 5 kids going to Jake Reed, just as many as orange. So if there kids are good they will get seen. If you are unhappy go to another organizations A team. We had a parent do that last year and now they want to come back. I'll bet the second 91 team will get more attention than one of those other teams. Instead of coming on here to start crap put your effort elsewhere. Like supporting the team you are on.
When are the white parents going to wake up and realize 91 is not doing anything for u guys. You will always be the redheaded stepchild. That team deserves to go to the better tournaments.

I am not sure about the redhead end stepchild comment. I'd like to see 91 white play express north.

It is insane, but this statement that "nobody was there recruiting 8th graders" is patently false.
Personally saw plenty of d1 coaches you would all recognize watching 2019 Adrenaline games - notebooks out - taking notes, talking to 2019 coaches, etc. Very much engaged in the process. Hopkins already has like a dozen 2018s verbally committed - who do you think they are there watching?

Agree that 91 White is a good team with fine players - hope the program does as much for them as they do for Orange - at least the Jake Reed kids will get a chance to shine in a great venue with good college exposure.
Good luck to all this summer.

Do you know what a verbal commit means? Absolutely nothing. Get a life and stop drinking the Koop aid. Teams can give out as many verbal commits as they want. Hope you got one too. LMAO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]List of 2019 teams
1.Team 91
2. Li express
3. Crabs
4. Laxachussets
5. Madlax
6. HHH
7. Dukes

You may have to put other teams from LI in this mix ahead of some of the ones you have named

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what is the difference between "Big 4 HHH" and just "Big 4"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 91 kids are going to Jake Reed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And, I though HHH was the feeder for Dukes? I'm so confused

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Xanders recap of Adrenaline claims Dukes and Big4 have split - I think you are right that HHH used to be the feeder but apparently no more? Also might explain why "Dukes" isnt listed at a pretty good event - won't play in an event sponsored by team that split from them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Xanders recap of Adrenaline claims Dukes and Big4 have split - I think you are right that HHH used to be the feeder but apparently no more? Also might explain why "Dukes" isnt listed at a pretty good event - won't play in an event sponsored by team that split from them?

Xanders has put out a list of some 2019's to watch including several from Express and 91. Several really good players listed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe sone of the same kids that made Brine without showing up. The list mean nothing as usual

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened with Express / 91 last weekend? How does that happen? Large verse small?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the list?

Can you please tell me where the list is with my sons name on it . I know he is on it because I keep telling him he is one of the best kids in the country at his age group and I want him to be the first to commit.Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the list?

Can you please tell me where the list is with my sons name on it . I know he is on it because I keep telling him he is one of the best kids in the country at his age group and I want him to be the first to commit.Thanks

gotta dig deep into the replies of the tweets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the list?

If your team was not in the tournament your name can't be on the list . Politics at it's best . Don't even bother trying . Just want to save you time .some of the same Brine kids that never showed for the tryout on it again . It gets old real fast

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the list?

Which list? The Xander's list to the male reed list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the list?

No the list is just made up.Put your sons name on it.
Make it look good . Any kid or parent that let's them commit at these ages are doing their kids an injustice. Most kids don't even make their beds in the morning but you want them to decide on a college. get real

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the list?

No the list is just made up.Put your sons name on it.
Make it look good . Any kid or parent that let's them commit at these ages are doing their kids an injustice. Most kids don't even make their beds in the morning but you want them to decide on a college. get real

It is crazy but is also reality - if it helps your kid get to a school me may or may not be able to w/o lax, what is the harm.

Also, using the word "decide" on a school isnt actually fair - these are verbals, not binding. Just the same as when you ask the coach at XYZ U how many kids he is going to take in this class - he says 8, then you wake up one day and he already has 12 or 13 (cough, Hopkins, cough).

Will be very curious to see stats in the next few years on switching comittments - it will be large, kids changing minds, poaching by other coaches, needing to wait for the Ivies who dont go early, etc..
Crazy yes, but I think the kids really are in control here until Natl Signing Day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids are in control of what. If they commit to a team at these ages it's because the parents want them to so they can say look at my son. The kids have no idea what they want yet unless your a held back 2019 and you could be 16 already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question: For kids who commit early, are they considered "off limits" by other coaches? How much poaching actually occurs? I thought I read that some D1 coaches (Notre Dame?) make no bones about recruiting kids who have given verbals elsewhere. Just wondering to what extent a kid truly takes himself off the market by verbally committing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Below is from another thread: Thought it might be applicable here too.

-{ "Wow, sounds like a bunch of jealous parents to me. I say congratulations to the kid and his family.

The rest of you need to get a grip and focus on your own kid and his/her deal..."}

--- "Couldn't agree more. The problem is that many parents refuse to honestly evaluate their children. Many become bitter and jealous and spew venom and hate at other children. They do it on this site, they do it on the sideline and they do it around town. When another child is having more success than their child they look to tear that child down anyway they can. Its ugly.

If the kid scores a lot of goals the jealous parents will call the player a "Ball Hog".

If the kid makes an "All Star / Elite / Top Club" team the bitter parents will say its only because his/her Dad knows the coaches.

If the kid commits to a Top 5 or 10 college the jealous parent will say the player will never get on the field.

If the kid commits to Harvard the bitter jealous parent will say my son/daughter doesn't want to go to an Ivy League School.

If the kid commits to a Big D-I School the jealous parents will say we are focusing on academics and looking at D-III schools.

If a kid is being actively recruited by a number of top programs the bitter jealous parents will say we are looking at ABC and XYZ and we visited XXX even though their kid is not being recruited by those schools.

It's never ending, on our sideline this past spring we had parents counting out loud the number of turnovers a player had. We have parents chirping loudly "Pass The Ball" however I never heard those words when the Jealous bitter parents child had the ball. If it were not so sad it would be funny.

Couple all of the hate and venom spewed with all of the [lacrosse] Kissing many of these parents do and you have a cesspool of a sideline. Does not matter if it is school or club, the [lacrosse] kissers are there. They will kiss the [lacrosse] of the coach, Club Director, AD, Assistant Coach, Spouse of the coach, Sibling of the coach, friend of the coach, anyone who they think can help. Have you ever noticed how certain parents always have a reason to talk to or email the coach? Even the ones who are bitter on the sideline, they make sure they put on the happy face just before their nose hits the coaches [lacrosse]. Love it when I see a kid who does not get the hype from the club or school get recruited (by top college programs) over the favored ones. All the [lacrosse] kissing from parents and the misguided efforts of a bad coach will not stop the college coaches from identifying the top athletes.

It's a mess. Hope your club and or town is different".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
List of 2019 teams
1.Team 91
2. Li express
3. Crabs
4. Laxachussets
5. Madlax
6. HHH
7. Dukes

Any updates?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge dummied Crabs at NSCLA to win and HHH won Big4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Predators beat Edge 2019 pretty easily (9-5) last weekend in Albany. The Preds are a good team with some elite players but doubtful they would be able to beat a team like the Crabs. Maybe Edge had an off day in Albany.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was actually edge 2020 in Albany playing in the 2019 Div. Edge 2019s first tournament this season was the NSCLA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's interesting. In talking to Edge parents in Albany, they told us it's their 8th grade team and their players told our kids they were all 14 year old 8th graders. If Edge played grade appropriate, they would be an average team at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good job by both Express 1 and Express North at Big4 this weekend - Express 1 loses only to HHH who won it and North lost only to FCA (in OT) who was unbeaten up till the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HHH was the feeder program for Dukes until this past fall. After they split the team known as Dukess HHH is now called Big 4 HHH. The team called Big 4 is made up of players who tried out for the HHH team and didn't make it. FWIW there is bad blood between Dukes and HHH over the way the HHH staff handled the split. It will be a cold day in [lacrosse] before you see a Dukes team playing in a Big 4 sponsored event, and now Big 4 is in a partnership with LIE and Team 91 it's unlikely that those two teams will play Dukes going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of great close games. Great Tournament with lots of strong teams. Looking forward to seeing all these teams play again in the summer and in the fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right. Beating the Crabs is an average club at best. You could also count the number of Canadians in the ncaa...average at best...lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The level of play this past weekend at the tourny was extremely high. Tip of the cap to the organization for doing their best to adjust to the weather and field conditions as well.

The turnout of college coaches at the event was also exceptional.

Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard