BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If that's what you choose to believe but you are incorrect; do the research it's 100% true. The challenge originated with Mt. sinai and has included teams from as far away as CT. and was under the direction of the former coach(shackles)and the mt. sinai youth director long before bert's arrival..
On the Tuesday night MSG Varsity Girls Lacrosse broadcast, Tracy Wiener specifically mentioned that the event moves hosting venues on a regular basis and that Farmingdale was honored to host the Challenge this year.

Side note : if you have not seen the quality of this broadcast, it is certainly worth your time as we head into the playoff season. What differentiates the MSG Varsity broadcast from, say, News 12's Sports Rush is the color commentary that the in-studio personalities can add in the MSG Varsity edition. To be honest, Tracy does an exceptional job at breaking down some of the games for the viewer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, May 9th Results

St. Anthony's over St. John the Baptist, 19-7
Baldwin doubles Hicksville, 12-6
Bethpage over Herricks, 17-9
Ward Melville five-folds Smithtown West, 15-3
Long Beach edges South Side, 8-7
St. Dominic over Mary Louis, 13-7
Northport five-folds Sachem North, 15-3
Commack over Half Hollow Hills, 17-13
Farmingdale over Massapequa, 17-12

Highlights

Farmingdale Wins Section VIII Conference 1A (Class A) : Colleen Reynolds had six goals and two assists to lead Farmingdale (9-0) in Conference I. Amanda Turturro added five goals and one assist and Olivia Kirk had 11 saves. With the win, Farmingdale wins the Conference I championship.

Hannah Sofield scored her only goal of the game from eight meters out with 3:45 left to break a 7-7 tie for Long Beach (9-6, 5-5) in Conference II-B. Jacklyn Marry made her 11th save of the game with less than 10 seconds remaining to seal the win, and Catie Breglia led the Marines with three goals.

Paige Bonomi had four goals and an assist and Allie Pavinelli had two goals and three assists to lead Northport (10-3) in Division I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LI Challenge was started more than 10 years ago by the Farmingdale Coaching staff and has rotated thru those years...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
False that is not true either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello.......Sachem East...............Helllllllllooooooooo..................I guess not?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A big win for Manhasset. Looks like class B is up for grabs...

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, May 9th Results (Additional Games)

Manhasset over Garden City, 13-9
Kellenberg over Our Lady of Mercy, 23-9
East Meadow over MacArthur, 17-10
Babylon over Bellport, 15-5
West Islip over Middle Country, 23-12
West Babylon over Sachem East, 14-10
Roslyn over Carey, 14-4
Oceanside over Syosset, 5-4

Highlights

Perhaps the post-season Class B Section VIII final preview here was a huge confidence boost for an already cruising Manhasset Girls team over arch-rival Garden City. Julia Glynn scored five goals and Halle Majorana added three assists to lead Manhasset (12-4) in Conference B-I.

Erin Byrnes had five goals and five assists and Lorraine Hodgson had four goals and four assists to lead West Islip (9-5) in Division I.

Christina Esposito had four goals and two assists to lead West Babylon (12-1) in Division I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can not wait for New Hyde Park to play a real team. I hope they get drilled. Their coach has no class and they need to be spoken to by their AD. 27 goals? Really. Give me a break. You should be ashamed. I hope all the other coaches pay attention.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thursday, May 10th Results

New Hyde Park over Bellmore JFK, 27-15
Mount Sinai over Bellport, 21-8
Plainedge over Calhoun, 16-2
Sacred Heart over Holy Trinity, 22-8
Shoreham-Wading River over Harborfields, 13-9
Hewlett over Valley Stream, 20-8
Bay Shore over Connetquot, 17-5
Hicksville over Glen Cove, 19-9
Floral Park over Mepham, 19-13
North Babylon over Copiague, 20-0 (Halftime : 14-0)
Miller Place over Greenport/Mattituck/Southold, 16-3
Sayville over Comsewogue, 16-8 (Halftime : 11-1)
Pat-Med over Longwood, 17-12
Kings Park over Deer Park, 13-7
Babylon over Islip, 16-6
East Hampton over Glenn, 15-12
Rocky Point over Westhampton, 14-10
Long Island Lutheran over Masters, 19-4
Lynbrook over Division, 10-9

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with the NHP coach issue.

There is never a pull back, must have some issues

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
part of the problem is the refs ,they barely let the girls play defense anymore ,yes I get it we do not want the girls game to become like the boys game but anytime their is any body to body contact they call the defensive player, rarely have I seen charges called, they need to let the girls play defense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you crying about? winning by 12 goals is too much for you? seems pretty reasonable to me. most of the teams , if they could , would like to reach the 10 goal advantage to assure the win. If it was 27 to 3 I could see you being upset, but 27 to 15 and your just a sore loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you crying about? winning by 12 goals is too much for you? seems pretty reasonable to me. most of the teams , if they could , would like to reach the 10 goal advantage to assure the win. If it was 27 to 3 I could see you being upset, but 27 to 15 and your just a sore loser

It depends on the how and when the goals were scored, did NHP continue to score with a big lead and only minutes to go ?? or was it a goal for goal battle all game. if you weren't there its hard to comment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends on the how and when the goals were scored, did NHP continue to score with a big lead and only minutes to go ?? or was it a goal for goal battle all game. if you weren't there its hard to comment
What difference does it make how or when the goals were scored, If it was goal for goal for 40 min. then you try to put as much distance as you can in the remaining time remember St Anthony put 3 goals in on G.C. in 1min 2sec. I saw my daughters Sacred Hart team put in 5 goals in just over 4 min. so tell me when is a coach supposed to feel safe. Should a team stop scoring because you feel they scored too much. this isn't P,A.L. ball. If a score is 20-2 then yes thats excessive , but 27-15 is just about right. Did the loosing team stop trying to catch up, if not then why should the winnig team stop trying to win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
part of the problem is the refs ,they barely let the girls play defense anymore ,yes I get it we do not want the girls game to become like the boys game but anytime their is any body to body contact they call the defensive player, rarely have I seen charges called, they need to let the girls play defense

Amen! They also need to call the illegal cradle more if they want to keep the sticks away from the head!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm glad your daughter kept getting her stats that are so important to you. Keep it up!! Name one "good" team NHP has beaten this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What difference does it make how or when the goals were scored, If it was goal for goal for 40 min. then you try to put as much distance as you can in the remaining time remember St Anthony put 3 goals in on G.C. in 1min 2sec. I saw my daughters Sacred Hart team put in 5 goals in just over 4 min. so tell me when is a coach supposed to feel safe. Should a team stop scoring because you feel they scored too much. this isn't P,A.L. ball. If a score is 20-2 then yes thats excessive , but 27-15 is just about right. Did the loosing team stop trying to catch up, if not then why should the winnig team stop trying to win

you missed my point, with a few minutes to go and a 6-7 goal lead there's a difference between trying to kill the clock and continuing to go to goal. I wasn't there but if NHP continued to go to goal the original poster has a point. I actually think it's less of a big deal in PAL to continue to score as I would like to think the girls are working on skills, plays, getting everyone in the game etc... Varsity teams should play with class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen! They also need to call the illegal cradle more if they want to keep the sticks away from the head!
You are so right. They Keeep the stick near their face and do not cradle the ball. defense can not put stick in their face, and any contact by the body is a foul as well. The girls can play tough defense TOO! High scores are rewarded more points should be given for goals against rather than goals for. That would eliminate running up the score .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true one classy game I saw recently, the winning team after the first half was up by just 8. Second half of the game, coach put in JV girls, then after two more goals, she pulled the varsity goalie, put in the JV girl. The score differential at the end was only 4. For the senior girls of the other team, it made a potentially disappointing end a bit more exciting for them it was their last game and for many the last time they will ever play. So there is winning with class and not. Its a choice.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
We can try and slant the issue but to anyone remotely objective, what some teams do is clearly classless and there is no one to blame but the coach. there is disparity in competition so many of the games are lopsided. Both teams know going in what is going to happen and the coaches of the teams highlighted instead of trying to make what is in my opinion a bad situation a little better, they opt to make it worse.

The kids know when they have been treated with class by a superior opponent and when they have not. Both are demonstrated in many ways. It is hard for me to think of any necessity of having top players in and scoring when the game is effectively over. Compare the lopsided scores on the boys game compared to the girls and you see very obvious things. It is extremely rare, for a boy in a blow out to score more than 5 goals and most teams will cut it off at 3. Teams would not put up with it. When it happens it stands out. On the girls side it is a multiple times every game occurrence. Do we think that a top player on West Islip, Loyola, Gilman or a Chaminade can not score 8,9, 10 goals against an inferior opponent. The answer is that they have more respect for themselves and their opponent even if weaker. That in essence is the issue.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Friday, May 11th Results

Smithtown West over Riverhead, 19-4
Middle Country over Brentwood, 18-3
Bay Shore doubles East Islip, 12-6
St. Dominic over St. Mary's, 16-6
St. John the Baptist over Our Lady of Mercy, 18-10
Smithtown East over Copiague, 20-1 (Halftime : 12-1)
Northport over Sachem East, 17-11
Roslyn over Wheatley, 9-8

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Nassau (Section VIII) Class A Post-Season

Final Seedings
1. Farmingdale
2. Massapequa
3. Port Washington
4. Oceanside
5. Syosset
6. Baldwin
7. Hicksville
8. East Meadow

The pairings, game dates, and face-off times follow.

Wednesday, May 16th Schedule

1. Farmingdale vs 8. East Meadow, 4:30pm
4. Oceanside vs 5. Syosset, 5:00pm
Winners : Tuesday, May 22nd at Adelphi, 4:00pm

2. Massapequa vs 7. Hicksville, 4:15pm
3. Port Washington vs 6. Baldwin, 4:30pm
Winners : Tuesday, May 22nd at Adelphi, 6:00pm

Wednesday, May 30th Schedule
Championship Finals at Adelphi, 8:00pm

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Nassau (Section VIII) Class B Post-Season

Final Seedings
1. Garden City
2. Manhasset
3. Wantagh
4. Long Beach
5. Plainedge
6. South Side
7. Hewlett
8. Lynbrook
9. Levittown Division
10.Calhoun
11.Floral Park
12.New Hyde Park
13.Roslyn
14.Bethpage
15.Herricks
16.Mepham

Monday, May 14th Schedule

1. Garden City vs. 16. Mepham
8. Lynbrook vs. 9. Levittown Division

4. Long Beach vs. 13. Roslyn
5. Plainedge vs. 12. New Hyde Park

3. Wantagh vs. 14. Bethpage (May 15th)
6. South Side vs. 11. Floral Park

2. Manhasset vs. 15. Herricks
7. Hewlett vs. 10. Calhoun

Thursday, May 17th Schedule
Quarterfinal Matches

Wednesday, May 23rd Schedule
Semifinals, Adelphi, 4:00pm/6:00pm

Finals, Adelphi, 6:00pm

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Nassau (Section VIII) Class C Post-Season

Wednesday, May 16th Schedule
4. Locust Valley vs. 5. Friends, 4:30pm
3. Seaford vs. 6. Island Trees, 7:00pm

Thursday, May 24nd Schedule
Locust Valley/Friends Winner vs. 1. Cold Spring Harbor, Adelphi, 4:00pm
Seaford/Island Trees Winner vs. 2. North Shore, Adelphi, 6:00pm

Championship Match, Adelphi, 4:00pm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Friday, May 11th Results

Smithtown West over Riverhead, 19-4
Middle Country over Brentwood, 18-3
Bay Shore doubles East Islip, 12-6
St. Dominic over St. Mary's, 16-6
St. John the Baptist over Our Lady of Mercy, 18-10
Smithtown East over Copiague, 20-1 (Halftime : 12-1)
Northport over Sachem East, 17-11
Roslyn over Wheatley, 9-8

West Babylon upsets Ward Melville, 12-5

Samantha Apuzzo scores 6 goals as West Babylon spoils Ward Melville's perfect season.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
West Babylon upsets Ward Melville, 12-5
Ward Melville, Bay Shore, and West Babylon all finish their Suffolk Division I (Class A) seasons with records of 13-1. Northport at 11-3 will lock up the fourth seed for the county tournament based on the current power points rankings.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Saturday, May 12th Results

St. Anthony's over Sacred Heart, 17-10
Farmingdale over Darien (CT), 19-14
Comsewogue over Rocky Point, 13-12, Overtime
St. Dominic over Division, 18-14, Overtime

End of Regular Season Coverage

Highlights

Kim Kolodny had five goals and two assists and Amanda Turturro had three goals and five assists to lead Farmingdale (14-1) in non-league.

Rachel Markowitz's goal off a feed from Madelena Gatto with 33.3 seconds left in the second overtime period won it for Comsewogue (6-8) in Division II. Taylor Fischer tied it at 11, also on a Gatto assist, with 2:05 left in the game. Rocky Point trailed 11-9, but man-down goals by Alyssa Guido (3:01 left in regulation) and Alex Darcey (49.5 left) sent it to OT. They took the lead on Guido's goal with 1.5 seconds left in the first overtime.

Katie O'Brien had eight goals and two assists, including a score with 1:46 left in the second overtime to give St. Dominic (14-4) a 16-14 lead in non-league. Julia LoRusso had seven goals and an assist and scored late in the second overtime to extend St. Dominic's lead to 17-14. O'Brien added a goal with 44 seconds left for the final margin for St. Dominic, which overcame a 5-1 deficit in the first quarter. Goalie Nicole Maher entered the goal with 14:04 left in regulation and made 10 saves in that span and in the two overtime sessions. Susan Ballantyne and Jenna Rothar each had four goals for Division.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk (Section XI) Class A Post-Season

Final Seedings
1. Ward Melville
2. Bay Shore
3. West Babylon
4. Northport
5. East Islip
6. West Islip
7. Sachem East
8. Middle Country
9. Half Hollow Hills
10.Smithtown West
11.William Floyd
12.Patchogue-Medford

Friday, May 18th Schedule

8. Middle Country vs. 9. Half Hollow Hills
5. East Islip vs. 12. Pat-Med
6. West Islip vs. 11. William Floyd
7. Sachem East vs. 10. Smithtown West

Monday, May 21st Schedule

Middle Country/Half Hollow Hills Winner vs. 1. Ward Melville
East Islip/Pat-Med Winner vs. 4. Northport
West Islip/William Floyd vs. 3. West Babylon
Sachem East/Smithtown West vs. 2. Bay Shore

Wednesday, May 23rd Schedule
Semifinals at Dowling College

Thursday, May 31st Schedule
Championship Finals at Dowling, 8:00pm

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk (Section XI) Class B Post-Season

Final Seedings
1. Hauppauge
2. Eastport-South Manor
3. Sayville
4. Harborfields
5. Kings Park
6. Rocky Point
7. East Hampton
8. Miller Place

Saturday, May 19th Schedule
1. Hauppauge vs. 8. Miller Place
2. Eastport-South Manor vs. 7. East Hampton
3. Sayville vs. 6. Rocky Point
4. Harborfields vs. 5. Kings Park

Tuesday, May 22nd Schedule
Semifinals at Dowling College

Championship Finals at Dowling College, 5:30pm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like rocky point is going to be busy 2 games one day, I think you meant Jo for 1 of those

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suffolk (Section XI) Class C Post-Season

Final Seedings
1. Shoreham-Wading River
2. Mount Sinai
3. Babylon

2. Mount Sinai vs. 3. Babylon at Dowling College

Championship Finals at Dowling College, 3:00pm

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Looks like rocky point is going to be busy 2 games one day, I think you meant Jo for 1 of those
BOTC has no idea what you are talking about ;-) ... Seriously, thanks for catching this error - it is now corrected.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Monday, May 14th Results

Nassau (Section VIII) Class B Opening Round

Garden City (1) over Mepham (16), 18-1
Manhasset (2) over Herricks (15), 17-2
Plainedge (5) over New Hyde Park (12), 18-8
Hewlett (7) over Calhoun (10), 18-14

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Updated at 8:15pm
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
class C what a joke.

Final Seedings
1. Shoreham-Wading River
2. Mount Sinai
3. Babylon

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
class C what a joke.
Why? Long Island just does not have many Class C school districts.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by CageSage
class C what a joke.
Why? Long Island just does not have many Class C school districts.

Those schools played against the larger schools and did very well. No joke.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Monday, May 14th Results (Continued)

Garden City (1) over Mepham (16), 18-1
Manhasset (2) over Herricks (15), 17-2
Wantagh (3) vs. Bethpage (14), Tuesday, May 15th
Long Beach (4) over Roslyn (13), 16-1
Plainedge (5) over New Hyde Park (12), 18-8
South Side (6) over Floral Park (11), 18-10
Hewlett (7) over Calhoun (10), 18-14
Lynbrook (8) over Division (9), 9-7, Overtime

Other Matches

Shoreham-Wading River over Sacred Heart, 13-11
St. Dominic over St. Mary's, 20-11

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
class C what a joke.

Final Seedings
1. Shoreham-Wading River
2. Mount Sinai
3. Babylon

Pretty sure Shoreham made it to the B finals last year. Dont think Rocky Point or Sayville who they beat in last years playoffs think your joke comment is too funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the Catholic HS Girl's League, does anyone know the rules regarding a player rostered on varsity playing in a JV game. Specifically, could St. Anthony's have one or more varsity players play in the JV championship game tomorrow against Kellenberg if they have not appeared in other games for JV this season?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Tuesday, May 15th Results

Wantagh (3) over Bethpage (14), 18-3

Other Matches

Kellenberg over Our Lady of Mercy, 21-11

Highlights

Nassau Class B opening round matches are completed. All higher ranked seeds won their opening round matches. These top eight seeds will now meet in the quarterfinal round.

Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard