BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 52 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NEW TOPIC. I Heard A Rumor that Team91 and the Long Island Jesters were going to Join Forces together Has anyone heard the same?

Didn't hear that but if true I doubt it would be joining forces. It would most likely be 91 buying the jesters who are a sinking ship.

Does "most likely" mean that's your "opinion", and not even a rumor? People guessing stuff anonymously is great reading!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEW TOPIC. I Heard A Rumor that Team91 and the Long Island Jesters were going to Join Forces together Has anyone heard the same?

.. and last year it was Team 91 and Laxachussetts.

They did. It's called the National Lacrosse Federation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.. and last year it was Team 91 and Laxachussetts.

They did. It's called the National Lacrosse Federation

Wrong, the National Lacrosse Federation consist of 91, Express, Big 4 HHH, Baltimore Crabs, Leading Edge and Laxachusetts. This is not the same as joining forces or merging. Joining forces is what Express did with what is now called Express North.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heads up to all of you that have kids going. Black Card just realigned all the teams by grad year for Friday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heads up to all of you that have kids going. Black Card just realigned all the teams by grad year for Friday.

How can you do a showcase this Friday? My son has two finals..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a conflict for a lot. My kid just got lucky with his finals schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax is more important than finals, and wouldn't his finals be over and then he can go over to the showcase in the afternoon?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wasn't there a big push by college coaches to not go to showcases while school was in session,I remember it happening on LI with a showcase on the Wed. before Thanksgiving? Conn. playoffs are still going on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wasn't there a big push by college coaches to not go to showcases while school was in session,I remember it happening on LI with a showcase on the Wed. before Thanksgiving? Conn. playoffs are still going on
I found this on a thread from Fall of 2013. It is limited to Sept1-May1. Coaches don't really care if recruiting conflicts with school. They just want to create an illusion they do
Originally Posted By: IMCLA - Phil Buttafuoco Statement

TO: IMLCA Membership

Members of the IMLCA Division I Legislative Committee have asked me to push hard for coaches to adhere to the IMLCA policy prohibiting coaches from attending mid-week recruiting events, including the below event. A reminder of the policy was distributed again this morning.

The policy states: “During the recruiting segment of the 2012 IMLCA Convention, the IMLCA Division I and Division II membership voted to state that it does not support any non-institutional or non-scholastic events conducted Monday thru Friday from September 1 thru May 1.

The IMLCA membership understands that school coaching staffs are permitted to conduct events Monday thru Friday on their campus provided they do not hire coaches not employed by their school.

This IMLCA position takes effect September 1, 2013.”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2018's make Under Armour Underclass rosters this year?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ay word on showcase rosters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2018's make Under Armour Underclass rosters this year?

Looks like 3 total. 1 each on Upstate, West and Baltimore teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Suffolk 2018 Showcase team available?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the LI, Westchester/CT teams do at the tournaments this weekend? Big 4, Laxfest and Baltimore Summer Kick-off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE lost to laxachusets again...in two weeks we have had 3 games and lost each,...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard the 2018 Long Island Team is in shambles. Does anyone even know who is on the team. It's not posted anywhere. Most other regions have posted their teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Express and Express North 2018 do at Big 4 this past weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard the 2018 Long Island Team is in shambles. Does anyone even know who is on the team. It's not posted anywhere. Most other regions have posted their teams.

I have not heard that. However, no need (I feel) to do it again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Express and Express North 2018 do at Big 4 this past weekend?

Express beat Sweetlax and 3D on Saturday and joined FCA, Madlax, and Laxachusettes in semis and then lost another tough battle with Laxachusettes on Sunday. Great lacrosse both days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think terps? Heard 30+ kids showing up for games, kids quitting, top commits not starting, kids not playing in one game all weekend... If not true, please correct me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think terps? Heard 30+ kids showing up for games, kids quitting, top commits not starting, kids not playing in one game all weekend... If not true, please correct me.

Not Terps...Terps have been to adrenaline and big four last two weekends, no drama on the team.

Thanks for your concern.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think wrong - just read the initial post referring a roster not being posted while other regions posting their teams - clearly not a reference to Express or any other club team. More likely Brine or another team like that. But thanks using the question to try to stir stuff up.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I assume Brine. I have heard some of the same ramblings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you play a competitive and busy summer schedule...plus made Brine...plus made Jake Reed...I would not be shocked if some kids ranked Brine last on their priority list and dropped it to be fresh for JR. Only shocked other states' Brine programs aren't facing similar issues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would you know that if roster is not posted?
Just starting rumors?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage:
Can you confirm this? It is a long drive to Virginia if we do not have enough players on 2018 brine team?
Roster still not out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you play a competitive and busy summer schedule...plus made Brine...plus made Jake Reed...I would not be shocked if some kids ranked Brine last on their priority list and dropped it to be fresh for JR. Only shocked other states' Brine programs aren't facing similar issues.

Jake Reed and Brine conflict with one another this year for the 2018s. I do not think it is even possible to do both - at least for 2018. It is for 2019.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How would you know that if roster is not posted?
Just starting rumors?

Actually not just starting rumors. Someone posted earlier in this forum that they heard "Long Island was in Shambles". I have heard from numerous parents that many of the boys selected are choosing not to attend Brine. There is also Inside Lacrosse that many Club Teams are doing. This has just diluted the talent pool. Many of the players that played for Long Island last year didn't even tryout. Some of the players that did get selected after the tryout are going to other events with their club teams. Just facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

there is a list on national lacrosse classic website of the names going. it just doesn't split the names to team/yr and region (does give the state). I recognized some names. I am sure you do as well.

did the emails you receive have the boys who made the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting to hear that one of the 2018 laxachusetts goalies reclassed and has been a 2019 for two years, but he choose to stay with laxachusetts 2018. Shows that academics come first sometimes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting to hear that one of the 2018 laxachusetts goalies reclassed and has been a 2019 for two years, but he choose to stay with laxachusetts 2018. Shows that academics come first sometimes

If he reclassed , he intends to start college in '19. I'm confused how playing for 2018 shows some commitment to education ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he reclassed , he intends to start college in '19. I'm confused how playing for 2018 shows some commitment to education ??

He plays with better talent. Slides into his PG year ready for the competition. Well prepared to be a 20 year old freshman. This is about lax not education

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by America's Game

there is a list on national lacrosse classic website of the names going. it just doesn't split the names to team/yr and region (does give the state). I recognized some names. I am sure you do as well.

did the emails you receive have the boys who made the team.

So you scrolled all 1700 names for the NY kids from Long Island who are in the 2018 class? A lot more patience than I have. Only thing is I have heard some rumblings. I also heard from a good source about a tryout held for 2018 Brine about a week ago. Just passing on info I have heard and also answering questions posted on the thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think wrong - just read the initial post referring a roster not being posted while other regions posting their teams - clearly not a reference to Express or any other club team. More likely Brine or another team like that. But thanks using the question to try to stir stuff up.

Not stirring anything up, talk to the parents on your team, tell them to be quiet... They tend to vent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not stirring anything up, talk to the parents on your team, tell them to be quiet... They tend to vent.

Maybe talking about 2018 Team Long Island. This Team seems to have fallen apart and put back together in pieces. This was a decent team. Not sure what happened. Gongas is more than likely the culprit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure wth u r talking about? TLI 2018 is a very good team that had a great year. The core of that team has been together for years and are still together TLI had 6 kids on the suffolk rising sophomore team and only 9 tried out. That team is very talented! I'm not sure why u would think that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure wth u r talking about? TLI 2018 is a very good team that had a great year. The core of that team has been together for years and are still together TLI had 6 kids on the suffolk rising sophomore team and only 9 tried out. That team is very talented! I'm not sure why u would think that?

The intial question was regarding the 2018 Brine team. Not Express or Team Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no 2018 Brine Long a island Team posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn't Express Team 1 attending the tourney, they are probably the only 2018 team that is considered to be one of the elite not attending.

Page 47 of 52 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard