Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Team Registration is Now Open for the East Coast Showdown & Lehigh Lax Fest!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 03/05/21 09:59 PM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 03/05/21 08:10 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 03/05/21 07:57 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 03/05/21 07:30 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 03/05/21 06:59 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,275
Posts283,505
Members2,244
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 624 of 859 1 2 622 623 624 625 626 858 859
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Anonymous #119469 06/08/15 06:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe its because it's not my first daughetr and I'm older now, but early in this summer travel season, the drive seemed longer this weekend, the games seemed shorter and the roster seemed bigger. Oh and the weather wasn't great.

None are positive

Great post. Second time around here too and the perspective definitely changes. For my oldest, the joy of the weekend came out of competing and hoping her team beat the other teams and watching her play and grow. And that's fine. But what we learn is that ultimately, that success (or lack thereof) is really not all that important and that what is sustainable is what they do with their talents on (but mostly off) the field. In the end, I could not possibly be happier than I am about my oldest daughter's outcome.

But all that being said, my favorite part of this weekend was not winning or making a great play etc. (and sure, those were cool things) but instead it was walking on the boardwalk in OC and handing my kid a $20 bill and telling her she could go on a bunch of rides. Honestly, what I am going to remember most about this past weekend is not the short fields, the rainy weather, the short games, the drunk parents late on Saturday night, but what I am going to remember is having fun with my kid and seeing her be a little girl and a fierce competitor all on the same weekend.

It goes fast. Enjoy it!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

BoardLord #119497 06/08/15 08:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My youngest daughter is scheduled to play at Savitch field does anybody know if thats at Cherokee High School . Thanks in advance

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #119505 06/08/15 08:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My youngest daughter is scheduled to play at Savitch field does anybody know if thats at Cherokee High School . Thanks in advance

No. A different venue

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #119517 06/08/15 09:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. A different venue

But it is very close...they will run shuttle buses between Cherokee and Savitch. I remember parking was not terrrible at Savitch too.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #119734 06/09/15 05:48 PM
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Maybe its because it's not my first daughetr and I'm older now, but early in this summer travel season, the drive seemed longer this weekend, the games seemed shorter and the roster seemed bigger. Oh and the weather wasn't great.

None are positive

Well said
great perspective and post

Great post. Second time around here too and the perspective definitely changes. For my oldest, the joy of the weekend came out of competing and hoping her team beat the other teams and watching her play and grow. And that's fine. But what we learn is that ultimately, that success (or lack thereof) is really not all that important and that what is sustainable is what they do with their talents on (but mostly off) the field. In the end, I could not possibly be happier than I am about my oldest daughter's outcome.

But all that being said, my favorite part of this weekend was not winning or making a great play etc. (and sure, those were cool things) but instead it was walking on the boardwalk in OC and handing my kid a $20 bill and telling her she could go on a bunch of rides. Honestly, what I am going to remember most about this past weekend is not the short fields, the rainy weather, the short games, the drunk parents late on Saturday night, but what I am going to remember is having fun with my kid and seeing her be a little girl and a fierce competitor all on the same weekend.

It goes fast. Enjoy it!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
GG1 N J18 #119897 06/10/15 12:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is it possible that as the girls get older they play a less structured game? My daughter is on a 2017 team, and since they hit recruitment age, it has become the most selfish style of play I've ever witnessed. Everyone is out for themselves and the team be damned. It's a shame. You would think the coaches would discourage this but it actually seems as if they really don't care as long as they get the W.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #119912 06/10/15 01:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is it possible that as the girls get older they play a less structured game? My daughter is on a 2017 team, and since they hit recruitment age, it has become the most selfish style of play I've ever witnessed. Everyone is out for themselves and the team be damned. It's a shame. You would think the coaches would discourage this but it actually seems as if they really don't care as long as they get the W.

Oh no!! I was hoping it would improve as they got older!

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #119916 06/10/15 01:47 PM
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
W's are what keeep clubs in business and like it has been pointed out time and time again
Travel sports are a business

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #119925 06/10/15 02:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh no!! I was hoping it would improve as they got older!

No, it definitely gets worse!

Like Reply Quote
GG1 N J18 #119939 06/10/15 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AHHHH. Finally! A parent speaks of a memorable moment with their daughter and not any LAX smack. That memory of watching her play some boardwalk games with a smile is far more important then a LAX game!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #119988 06/10/15 09:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AHHHH. Finally! A parent speaks of a memorable moment with their daughter and not any LAX smack. That memory of watching her play some boardwalk games with a smile is far more important then a LAX game!

So then save the 3 grand a year and just go on family vacations instead or be brave enough to say you love that your kid is on the YJ's like the rest of us and wear your sweatshirt proudly

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #120021 06/11/15 06:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question if anyone can answer....I was up at the PAL complex yesterday and there was YJ lacrosse on the main turf field. it appeared to be a scrimmage I assume. or was that one team because when the girls took a lap around the field I counted about 40 or more girls. no way does one team carry that many girls. how do they all get on the field? Looked like a high school age team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #120038 06/11/15 07:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the U15 tryout.

Like Reply Quote