BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
User
User
Team Elevate now has it's own thread. Have fun!!

Back of the Cage
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the summer tournament season is in full swing, it would be great if we could get an update on how the 2018 teams did in each of the tournaments. It would even be better if it was done in a positive manner. Anyone want to fill us in on last weekend? It would also be good if we knew what out of state teams looked good and also how teams from LI did against each other. But KEEP IT POSITIVE!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really in full swing...last week was basically the first summer tournament of the year. The Lax Inception is this weekend and it looks to have more teams involved in all age groups. The 2018 pool at last weeks Summer Classic was not too strong. This week you have YJ, Skywalker, M&D, Hero's, T3, and TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone give us an update on how the various 2018 teams did this weekend for those of us who weren't in MD. Please try to comment on your team/club as opposed to saying the blank blanks stunk!
thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also how did the teams do in MA (Elevate and Team 91?)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

The club websites (links to left) have links to the tournament schedules and results - pretty easy to find out how everybody did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you but I meant it more like we went 3-1 played well overall but lost to a good xxx team. This was meant to also give teams other than YJ and TG the chance to chime in as well as hearing from those teams.
I am also interested in seeing how some of the other LI teams fared beside the big three.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Competition was fairly weak. 91 played in weakest division and went 1-3 not sure why that club doesn't attract talent. The only team they beat was a team that went 0-4. Elevate 2018s went 7-1 combined and played in the higher divisions. It's hard for Elevate to find a regularly competitive space - they can't hang with the best teams - YJ, M&D, skywalkers but they are far better than 2nd level teams. Hard spot to be in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Competition was fairly weak. 91 played in weakest division and went 1-3 not sure why that club doesn't attract talent. The only team they beat was a team that went 0-4. Elevate 2018s went 7-1 combined and played in the higher divisions. It's hard for Elevate to find a regularly competitive space - they can't hang with the best teams - YJ, M&D, skywalkers but they are far better than 2nd level teams. Hard spot to be in.

Fair enough assessment, at least in my mind.
This upcoming weekend is NAtl Draw. Classic Natl Draw where TG and YJ top teams are not playing each other. Some of the smaller LI teams are playing in the LI lax fest with the best of that bunch being the Beach Bums and Title 9, although they aren't playing each other either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This upcoming weekend is NAtl Draw. Classic Natl Draw where TG and YJ top teams are not playing each other. Some of the smaller LI teams are playing in the LI lax fest with the best of that bunch being the Beach Bums and Title 9, although they aren't playing each other either.

Sorry to see day 2 of ND cancelled as it looked like the top YJ and TG 2018 team were on a collision course to see each other.

As for LI Laxfest, Beach Bums played Title 9 in the 2018 finals with Title 9 winning 5-3. Here is how the LI teams did and the scores when they played each other:

Title 9 4-0 beat T91 10-3 beat South Shore Surf 15-6 beat Beach Bums 5-3

Beach Bums 3-1 beat T91 7-4

T91 1-2 Beat South Shore Surf 8-2

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

Blaze 0-3 three close losses

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to see day 2 of ND cancelled as it looked like the top YJ and TG 2018 team were on a collision course to see each other.

As for LI Laxfest, Beach Bums played Title 9 in the 2018 finals with Title 9 winning 5-3. Here is how the LI teams did and the scores when they played each other:

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

That team 91 team is not good at all. Saw them play at UMass last week. Same goes for fl$ 2018 team - lost both their games at ND yesterday and were outscored 24-3 - Best thing that happened to fl$ this weekend was that day 2 got rained out! Baffles me that parents shell out money for these clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

That is some really bad lax. Why do parents even spend money to play on those clubs.the 5th YJ team would shut out each of those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

That team 91 team is not good at all. Saw them play at UMass last week. Same goes for fl$ 2018 team - lost both their games at ND yesterday and were outscored 24-3 - Best thing that happened to fl$ this weekend was that day 2 got rained out! Baffles me that parents shell out money for these clubs.

fl$ and 91 Girls programs are just awful. If that club invested one ounce of energy in the girls like they do with the boys they would be OK but they don't and you end up with weak teams and bad coaching. I can't believe parents have their kids stay with these clubs.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

fl$ and 91 Girls programs are just awful. If that club invested one ounce of energy in the girls like they do with the boys they would be OK but they don't and you end up with weak teams and bad coaching. I can't believe parents have their kids stay with these clubs.

I said that 5 years ago and had my butt handed to me because "everything is changing." I guess it didn't. I think parents choose those clubs because their sons play there and they think it will make life simpler, which it does not because boys and grils have completely different tournaments and practice schedules.

I would never recommend a girls club that is a mere offshoot of a boys club, they are always the [lacrosse] stepchildren of the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South Shore Surf 0-2-1

I know parents who don't have boys who have daughters playing on 91 and fl$. Baffles me. Spending a lot of money for a glorified PAL program. I really just do not get spending that kind of money on this stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the problem with playing for clubs that put boys lax first. 91 girls has/had a couple of good girls teams, but not 2018.

Doesn't it seem like games are lost every year at ND due to weather and I hate the parking there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the problem with playing for clubs that put boys lax first. 91 girls has/had a couple of good girls teams, but not 2018.

Doesn't it seem like games are lost every year at ND due to weather and I hate the parking there!

Why have a tournament at a location that can't support the parking? I had to park in a residential area a mile away. Tournaments in Maryland had plenty of room.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the roster change on the yj u15 3rd team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why have a tournament at a location that can't support the parking? I had to park in a residential area a mile away. Tournaments in Maryland had plenty of room.

Savich Fields have plenty of parking,too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

rosters get posted, then girls accept positions. Some will not be happy with being on second or third team and don't accept. Rosters then begin to shuffle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

rosters get posted, then girls accept positions. Some will not be happy with being on second or third team and don't accept. Rosters then begin to shuffle.

Not true, after tryouts YJ listed the kids invited to each team. After payments where due and made She then posted final teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Savich Fields have plenty of parking,too.

Only played at Cherokee HS. That parking was atrocious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] [quote=Anonymous]That's the problem with playing for clubs that put boys lax first. 91 girls has/had a couple of good girls teams, but not 2018.

Why have a tournament at a location that can't support the parking? I had to park in a residential area a mile away. (they must be getting some overtime!)
Only played at Cherokee HS. That parking was atrocious.

the HS parking is what is really bad..plus the local cops patrol constantly so you can't park on the street on those two main roads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams signed up to qualify at the U15 northeast regionals that they all got automatic bids? Find it hard to believe they couldn't field enough teams to have that tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams signed up to qualify at the U15 northeast regionals that they all got automatic bids? Find it hard to believe they couldn't field enough teams to have that tournament.
Honestly, that tournament stinks and none of the best teams go (other than YJs), that is why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Rose hammered M and D 2018 today 8-3!! Seems like MD took a eating today to YJ teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Rose hammered M and D 2018 today 8-3!! Seems like MD took a eating today to YJ teams
And STEPS hammered Skywalkers by 6 goals and beat MD United

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 18 Rose team "blue" after falling to Hero's 2018 in the semi final at Lax for the Cure, 5-4. Hero's turning out to be the spoiler for the YJs at the 18 and 19 levels at this tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 18 Rose team "blue" after falling to Hero's 2018 in the semi final at Lax for the Cure, 5-4. Hero's turning out to be the spoiler for the YJs at the 18 and 19 levels at this tournament.

When you say spoiler you make it sound like they're an inferior team - 2019 yj not an elite group, get over it and move on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say spoiler you make it sound like they're an inferior team - 2019 yj not an elite group, get over it and move on

Ok... moving on… next up … G8… should be some great lacrosse!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you leave out the only team that matters in the end? Congrats to TLC for winning the tournament!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax For Cure

2016 YJ over M&D
2017 Capital over Steps
2018 TLC over Hero
2019 M&D over Hero
2020 YJ over Hero
2021 YJ over Maryland United
2022 YJ over M&D

YJ = Long Island vs Maryland

Finally some competition to keep YJ challenged.
YJ losing in 17, 18, 19 should keep YJ thinking and let the rest of the LI Lax organizations realize how far behind they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2019 on up - all those teams will be at the G8 tournament. It's going to be a weekend of great lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For 2019 on up - all those teams will be at the G8 tournament. It's going to be a weekend of great lacrosse.

Wouldn't that tournament be more competitive if you only invited the top teams from each club for example, instead of inviting skywalkers white and M&D Red - invite TG Black? These two teams just went 1-7 combined at lax for the cure. It would make for a more competitive tournament if you only had top teams from more clubs, Why is there only 1 team from LI invited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't that tournament be more competitive if you only invited the top teams from each club for example, instead of inviting skywalkers white and M&D Red - invite TG Black? These two teams just went 1-7 combined at lax for the cure. It would make for a more competitive tournament if you only had top teams from more clubs, Why is there only 1 team from LI invited?

It looks like they will have an A and B division playing. Yes, that is a very good question - why only 1 Long Island team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only the top teams are playing the top teams. They don't mix brackets of A and B teams. A teams play A teams only, B teams play B teams only. Probably 10 best club teams battling it out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE G8:
Because that's the way the Directors of the G8 Tournament, Carol Rose (YJ) and Tracy Weiner (YJ), the Schoulbergs and Walsh (NJ Steps) want it.

They create a tournament and ban their LI and NJ competition from it, it is called a Monopoly …. the YJ and Steps clubs don't want their competitors to have a chance to attract their players.

Let's face it, the other teams (M&D, Heros, TLC, Skywalkers) might be better in the end of the tournament than the YJ and the Steps teams (at least at the A level), but you are not going to travel to MD to switch to a better team.

If another LI or NJ team were there a parent might realize that their marginal YJ player might just tip the scales on another team… and switch!

It's the Don Starsia methodology… recruit as many of the top players as you can get… you don't need them all of course, and they can't all play (especially the amount of minutes they want to play), but at least your competitors won't get them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2018 Grazidei played outstanding this weekend ! They won their bracket and beat a very good Capital 2018 Blue team to get into the semi finals.
They faced TLC 2018 Red ( the team that won ) and lost by a goal - 3 to 2 in overtime.
Congratulations to the players and coaches - they proved they can play at the "A" level and compete !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE G8:
Because that's the way the Directors of the G8 Tournament, Carol Rose (YJ) and Tracy Weiner (YJ), the Schoulbergs and Walsh (NJ Steps) want it.

They create a tournament and ban their LI and NJ competition from it, it is called a Monopoly …. the YJ and Steps clubs don't want their competitors to have a chance to attract their players.

Let's face it, the other teams (M&D, Heros, TLC, Skywalkers) might be better in the end of the tournament than the YJ and the Steps teams (at least at the A level), but you are not going to travel to MD to switch to a better team.

If another LI or NJ team were there a parent might realize that their marginal YJ player might just tip the scales on another team… and switch!

It's the Don Starsia methodology… recruit as many of the top players as you can get… you don't need them all of course, and they can't all play (especially the amount of minutes they want to play), but at least your competitors won't get them!
There is no team in NJ that can compete with STEPs I assure you and Charlie is not worried about that. He and the LI Express coaches want only the best club teams there and if you have paid any attention to the results so far this year at Champions Cup and Lax for the Cure, that is exactly what they have. Stop whining, this is the future of lax tournaments, just like on the boys side, where the handful of best teams in the country play each other without 100 other teams, and the college coaches come flocking.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard