BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 lost to the GT in first game and needed the Hawks to beat the GT to get in ship; Hawks tied GT 5-5. All games were tight except for the 91/Breakers game was a blow out.

Win=5Pts Lose=0Pts Tie=2Pts

Red Division Blue Division
Koopers LC Team 91 2021 Orange
Crabs 2021 Greene Turtle Towson
MD Roughriders Annapolis Hawks 2021 Green
LI Express 2021 Breakers 2021

Schedule

DIVISION ROUND TEAM 1 SCORE TEAM 2 SCORE DAY TIME FIELD
2021 AA 1 Koopers LC 7 Crabs 2021 4
2021 AA 1 MD Roughriders 8 LI Express 2021 6
2021 AA 1 Team 91 2021 Orange 8 Greene Turtle 9
2021 AA 1 Hawks 2021 Green 6 Breakers 5
2021 AA 2 Koopers LC 7 MD Roughriders 4
2021 AA 2 Crabs 2021 8 LI Express 2021 2
2021 AA 2 Team 91 2021 Orang 5 Hawks 2021 Green 3
2021 AA 2 Greene Turtle Towson 6 Breakers 2021 3
2021 AA 3 Koopers LC 5 LI Express 2021 6
2021 AA 3 Crabs 2021 5 MD Roughriders 6
2021 AA 3 Team 91 2021 Orange 14 Breakers 2021 1
2021 AA 3 Greene Turtle Towson 5 Hawks 2021 Green 5
2021 AA Finals
Red Division Winner -

Koopers LC

Blue Division Winner -

Greene Turtle Towson

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They shouldn't have entered AA I guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
40 - 2021 Teams playing in Summer Exposure this coming weekend. Schedule is out. Should be a great weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Really think if we are going to talk "holdbacks" it should be defined for this age level. I really doubt a parent at this age level was thinking six years ago I am going to have my kid do a Pre-K or 1ST for lacrosse potential in the future. If this is the thinking process they must have had some palm reading based on the direction lacrosse was heading. Hold Backs should really be referred to as kids repeating a 8th grade year prior to their true freshman year or we should be looking 8-12 years down the road when you can see how many kids have actually done a pre-1st grade year based of the direction lax has headed. When was the first 8th grade verbal commit confirmed?

You obviously are not a MIAA school parent. Kids are held back in Pre first overwhelmingly for sports in the MIAA schools. There are of course a few that arent. Most are fully able to go on to FIRST grade.Unless your child is born in Sept-Dec range and you are a sports Dad or Mom..You know the drill..Hold him back or its lights out as he will constantly be competing against older children in the MIAA schools. And before you run your text..I have two children in there and both play multiple sports....Little tidbit clueless..One of my sons entire class had over 50% of the boys heldback...Most played sports...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's what I bet will be some good games, particularly for measuring how the non-hotbeds are developing kids and seeing how top 2021 teams handle some U13 "A": teams:

8:35am: GT 2021 vs PBR 2021
11:05am: GT 2021 vs Cannons Select U13 Gold
11:55am: Igloo Black Ice 2021 vs Cyclones 2021
2:25pm: (NC) Cannons U13 vs Koopers 2021

There's little doubt the Cyclones and PBR are the two best 2021 teams South of DC (after Cyclones crushed GA Thunder 2021 yesterday).

Cyclones and two other older teams will be a challenge, but I see Black Ice playing either GT or Cannons Select U13 Gold in the quarters for a great game, either younger vs older or LI's top 2021 team and Md's (at least arguably after yesterday) top 2021 team. Winner likely to have a great game against Hawks 2021 Green in Semi's.

In the U12 division, don't recognize most of the teams, but Looney's 2021 Green should have a fun game to track at 7:55pm vs the Evolve Elite team from Canada

Good luck to all.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did they look bad or something...please explain the disfunction?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks for sport purposes is rampant throughout the MIAA and the DC private schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Privates yes. Public no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks for sport purposes is rampant throughout the MIAA and the DC private schools.

Of course it is. Most MIAA lacrosse starters who are seniors could be Freshman on any college team. Been like that for years , but now it is at an epidemic stage now...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did they look bad or something...please explain the disfunction?

Classic....As dysfunctional as your spelling! Good Luck....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
S
Shi Thead
Unregistered
Shi Thead
Unregistered
S
Great times at Beach Lax - great competiton, the weather was ok and the kids all had fun

Had a great time with parents from the Breakers, GT and Team 91.

Bring on Summer Exposure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bet not zero kids born after 9/1 cutoff.

No accusation - just seems like most top 2021 teams have a handful of older kids. Doesn't make them holdbacks of course, as I think the 9/1 cutoff should probably be moved to 8/1 and now [lacrosse]'s tournaments have moved to 6/1. But an average team age a few months older makes a difference.

If there were no holdbacks on the team, regardless of their ages now, they were all the same age on the first day of school, what more can you do. I have devised a few strategies to avoid the disaster of a kid having to play against a kid that is a whole six months older. Split the year in halves, 8/1 through 1/31 would be 2021-A, 2/1 through 7/31 would be 2021-B. The calendar could also be split into quarters, that way you would only have to play against kids in your three month window. The third option is for parent's to forget about Valentine's Day, and think about National Letter of Intent Conception Day, the second Saturday in November, this will ensure that mid August baby that everyone seems to desire. We have blamed leagues, club coaches, school coaches, club directors, school systems and states for the Aug 1st cutoff and the whole time the problem was as simple as not being able to count to nine and a total blatant,disregard for N.L.I.C. Day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bet not zero kids born after 9/1 cutoff.

No accusation - just seems like most top 2021 teams have a handful of older kids. Doesn't make them holdbacks of course, as I think the 9/1 cutoff should probably be moved to 8/1 and now [lacrosse]'s tournaments have moved to 6/1. But an average team age a few months older makes a difference.

If there were no holdbacks on the team, regardless of their ages now, they were all the same age on the first day of school, what more can you do. I have devised a few strategies to avoid the disaster of a kid having to play against a kid that is a whole six months older. Split the year in halves, 8/1 through 1/31 would be 2021-A, 2/1 through 7/31 would be 2021-B. The calendar could also be split into quarters, that way you would only have to play against kids in your three month window. The third option is for parent's to forget about Valentine's Day, and think about National Letter of Intent Conception Day, the second Saturday in November, this will ensure that mid August baby that everyone seems to desire. We have blamed leagues, club coaches, school coaches, club directors, school systems and states for the Aug 1st cutoff and the whole time the problem was as simple as not being able to count to nine and a total blatant,disregard for N.L.I.C. Day.

You are a holdback apologist. Nice strawman argument about ages and playing. Pretty easy to have a Sept 1 birthday or something close to school start. Then just enforce it at youth levels.You get your holdback advantage at school. .Not that hard to do or enforce for most normal people except the chosen ones and apologists like you.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard