BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25
Re: Girls 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. M&D beat Jones 10-2 in a 25 minute semi final game.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And is that the same Jones that lost to Curcio 4–2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
First time YJs, enjoy it. Two of the best players weren't there. Will see you next time. This WS and

There was a power shift from TG to YJ at this age group. YJ now seems able to compete with M&D, now gotta see where TG's fit in. Time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time YJs, enjoy it. Two of the best players weren't there. Will see you next time. This WS and

There was a power shift from TG to YJ at this age group. YJ now seems able to compete with M&D, now gotta see where TG's fit in. Time will tell.

Unfortunately, M&D will not play TG this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because all of this is sooooo important!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are giving our verbal at the end of the summer so yeah it is important, they are almost in 8th grade you know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No disrespect to Levy. Decent HS coach, not great. I have watched him coach and his drills were all standard drills, nothing that overly impressed me. I have had daughters on other travel programs that have had far more impressive coaches. I wish my daughter had a chance to be coached by SS, but that is not our graduation year.

And your credentials are what? Your a mommy or daddy trying to say who is a good coach and who is not?cbfmy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prior to your power shift they were 1-1 against MD so to act as if they could not compete with MD in the past is just silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are giving our verbal at the end of the summer so yeah it is important, they are almost in 8th grade you know.

I know that this is meant as a joke, but would anyone be shocked if it occurred? I'm sure that's on CR's mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curcio is 3-0 the past few weeks against M&D 2020 Black. I think it is fair to say that YJ 2020 (Curcio) is competing against them just fine.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curio is very strong, probably the best in the country!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prior to your power shift they were 1-1 against MD so to act as if they could not compete with MD in the past is just silly.

The point was "can they still compete with them?"
We see YJs were a step behind for several years, now they appear at least on same level or step ahead. TGs were a step ahead the last couple years, are they still ahead?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The World!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost not even funny, get a life. Also leads the country in parent complaints

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The World!

The Universe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is her HS team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is her HS team?

Exactly, if you have the horses you're a great coach, if not...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The World!

The Universe

Curcio could very well be the top team around (although 2020 seems to be an average talent year, not great) but if they play like a team, their additions will make them stronger. Unfortunately the sideline is a cesspool of me first parents only concerned with their daughter and winning the race to be the first to commit. Team is a strong contender for worst YJ sideline which is really saying something

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The World!

The Universe

Curcio could very well be the top team around (although 2020 seems to be an average talent year, not great) but if they play like a team, their additions will make them stronger. Unfortunately the sideline is a cesspool of me first parents only concerned with their daughter and winning the race to be the first to commit. Team is a strong contender for worst YJ sideline which is really saying something

Please ,what year is the above average talent years, let me guess whatever year your daughter is. So many tools come on here saying such nonsense. The guy saying long Island lacrosse takes a major dip in talent next year was clueless and so are you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all foolish... Why have parents allowed youth sports to become professionalized, adultified, and stolen from our kids? My daughter plays travel lacrosse because she loves the game, win or lose. She loves her teammates and the travel experience. When all is said and done and the tourneyment is over she talks more about how much fun they had at the hotel pool than who won or lost. These are 7th grade girls who love the sport they play. Who gives a [lacrosse] who wins or loses? Can any one of you tell me your teams record in 7th grade? Most likely not. Why? Because it doesn't matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The World!

The Universe

Please ,what year is the above average talent years, let me guess whatever year your daughter is. So many tools come on here saying such nonsense. The guy saying long Island lacrosse takes a major dip in talent next year was clueless and so are you.

So I guess you DO BELIEVE that you are the best in the universe lol. Not only does the team have to be best in the age group (which was said), they need to be anointed best team in the age group in a strong talent year? I guess you are a part of that toxic sideline that was referenced... enjoy your summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent standing on the Curcio sideline and I don't see any issues whatsoever. Very good team and nice families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent standing on the Curcio sideline and I don't see any issues whatsoever. Very good team and nice families.

Completely agree. This board has no credibility at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all foolish... Why have parents allowed youth sports to become professionalized, adultified, and stolen from our kids? My daughter plays travel lacrosse because she loves the game, win or lose. She loves her teammates and the travel experience. When all is said and done and the tourneyment is over she talks more about how much fun they had at the hotel pool than who won or lost. These are 7th grade girls who love the sport they play. Who gives a [lacrosse] who wins or loses? Can any one of you tell me your teams record in 7th grade? Most likely not. Why? Because it doesn't matter.

Best post ever on BOTC. Lacrosse should be fun and the experience should be fun. Stop making this a job for the kids. Do it because they love it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet YJ parents want to be applauded non stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ironic post. Combining hotel stays and hotel pools with youth sprts is the epitomy of adultifying the sport. My parents would have laughed out loud if I told them in 7th grade I wanted to play on a sports team that would involve staying inn a hotel for some games.

Youth sports was for the kids. Most parents came to see a few of the games if they could. I actually had to ride my bike or walk to and from practice along with most of my team mates. We had a lot of fun and were a pretty good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The World!

The Universe

Curcio 2020 team would easily beat any YJ 2019 team and most 2018 YJ teams, same could be said for M&D & TG 2020, not what I would call an off year of talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The World!

The Universe

Curcio 2020 team would easily beat any YJ 2019 team and most 2018 YJ teams, same could be said for M&D & TG 2020, not what I would call an off year of talent

I would never go on to say all the claims you state, looks like someone is delusional or pot stirring. But would dismiss the thought that it is a weak age group. 2020 is stacked with talent at many clubs, it is a very competitive age group, I will leave it at that, you should have too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the new legacy team doing? Haven't heard much from them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going great. thanks. Hope you enjoy your summer as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously, this went right over your head... Some families travel to take their kids to Disney Land during the summer, others travel to lacrosse tournaments. It is about making your kids happy. The point is it should be for the kids and what they enjoy doing. I enjoy watching my daughter smile and having fun. Trust me, I could do without the 90 degree heat in an open field in the middle of the summer. But I suck it up, sit on the Jersey Turnpike in bumper to bumper traffic nearly every Friday so my daughters can have a great time with their friends, teammates and family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the new legacy team doing? Haven't heard much from them.

They went 3-1 at Lax by Sea last week and only loss was to Elevate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
are you guys serious? This is ridiculous. this is a team game. YES, each team has a stud or two, the philosophy of the coaching is different. YJ stuck to no rotation (not just in the playoffs), while TG split playing time evenly. As a parent guess which team I'd rather have my child play on? All the talk about which team is better is nonsense, it should be obvious that the teams are both very good. Leave it at that. The acquisition of the few players YJ Blue got this year was supposed to make them unstoppable. Guess what? They aren't, get over it. They are good, [lacrosse] very good. Congrats on the win, but let it go. Can't see how anybody feels YJ outplayed TG in that game, the final score was in their favor but that game was there for either team. Only people who care are the parents, for my money I know who I'd rather have coaching and who my daughter would rather have as teammates and a coach. At the end of the day, all the other crap is meaningless. No promises of D1 teams lining up for our girls, just that they will learn how to play lacrosse the right way. That's a promise that can actually be kept.

Why make crap up? Very short bench in the finals yes, the other games some of the kids that played the entire finals game did not get into very much at all.TG split playing time evenly , please. As far as being outplayed , you lost get over it , its now 2 in a row .People aren't on here saying this team destroyed that team or this team hit this many pipes etc., when you lose a game you were outplayed by the better team that day. Your comment about which kids your daughter would rather have as teammates tells me exactly why more kids are abandoning that program .

Anytime the YJ Curcio team is afraid of losing or getting showed up, they shorten the bench (girls don't play) drastically. Doesn't happen only in playoff games, and definitely happened in a pool play game against another LI team this weekend. [lacrosse], CR was on the sidelines coaching (losing her mind)for that game. So before you go on with your BS, tell the whole story. The bottom 1/2 of the roster only plays in games where CR and AC know that there is no chance of a loss. If your TEAM is so good from top to bottom, why do this at all. They should be able to compete with all the teams out there with all teir players. And, no, I'm not advocating for equal playing time. But AC has NO CONFIDENCE in half the roster, so this is what you got. I'd say that I'd be shocked if everyone stays, but then again has anyone ever left?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are a top 15 player there is no better place to get noticed and succeed. If you aren't in the top half go to a program where you are. You need to be on the field getting quality minutes. The best girls on TG, liberty and even the WAVE go on to great schools. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ blue is on the downward spiral already with many unhappy parents and players.
Legacy doing more with less and almost beating us.
TG should have beat us, we got lucky.
We lost credibility this weekend and many of us feel the tourney was bittersweet.
It's sad but true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me take a guess with this one. Your kid was one of the players who did not see the field? I thought so. Instead of spending your free time bitching and moaning on the site you should be at the field with your kid. Showing her that hard work will get her more playing time not complaining. If you are not happy leave the program. Honestly the constant complaining from parents every weekend is getting old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The post singling out a young girl has been deleted. Knock it off.

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Player reference
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone can't stand

You really should refrain from singling out a 12/13 year old like that on the internet. You can banter w the parents and have a little fun stirring the pot back and forth, but the kids need to be left out of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We already have the hype and have not lived up to it !!!

Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard