Anonymous #11119 04/20/12 08:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am on 7th grade 91 white we are a great team and we beat team long island B in shamrock shootout 7-0. We belive that we can play A teams. 91 orange is the best out of all those teams. Lat year i was on express. And alot of players left express to differnt team. So express A last year was a lot better

nice to hear from a player for once instead of all of the parents, now someone tell him if he is in 7th grade he plays 2017 and they have their own thread

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Anonymous #11121 04/20/12 09:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For anyone to say that a kid whose born in 1998 and is playing 2018 has no advantage over a 2000 kid, that is just plain stupidity.

I doubt that there are too many 1998 kids in 6th grade, they would have to have been late fall and held back a year and yes being a Nov/Dec 1999 is a big advantage - that is why lacrosse is played in the spring and you should only procreate in the spring to insure your children are birthed in the late fall and early winter and be the oldest in their class.

Anonymous #11126 04/21/12 08:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For anyone to say that a kid whose born in 1998 and is playing 2018 has no advantage over a 2000 kid, that is just plain stupidity.

I doubt that there are too many 1998 kids in 6th grade, they would have to have been late fall and held back a year and yes being a Nov/Dec 1999 is a big advantage - that is why lacrosse is played in the spring and you should only procreate in the spring to insure your children are birthed in the late fall and early winter and be the oldest in their class.

Better yet, procreate any time you want! If your kid is born in the fall, hold him back another year. "cause he's just not ready for kindergarten." Then he'll be almost 2 years older than the other kids. Sound familiar? For the record, I don't care! Just trying to point out how people like you will go to any length.... Been coaching for twenty years, this is why we need to go by age with birth certificates. So we flush people like this out of the program!

Anonymous #11140 04/21/12 12:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game this morning. 2018 express orange and 2018 team LI...express by one or two goals in a very close, very competitive game. All boys on both teams played great and had fun. Parents on both teams well behaved...

Anonymous #11172 04/22/12 04:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better yet, procreate any time you want! If your kid is born in the fall, hold him back another year. "cause he's just not ready for kindergarten." Then he'll be almost 2 years older than the other kids. Sound familiar? For the record, I don't care! Just trying to point out how people like you will go to any length.... Been coaching for twenty years, this is why we need to go by age with birth certificates. So we flush people like this out of the program!

hey Seinfeld the procreate line was a joke - but I do believe that if a kid is scheduled to graduate in 2015 then he should be playing on a 2015 team regardless of age - if you go by birth dates what would you do with a rising 10th grader that is too old to play u15? also do you think a college assistant coach/recruiter want to go to a U15 summer game with rising freshman,Sophomore and Juniors playing or do you think he wants to go to a 2015 tournament where all the kids in the game are rising Sophomore so he knows what he is watching and recruiting

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #11176 04/22/12 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what to make of the whole Sienfeld reference, but let me try to explain this for you Costanza. If we went by age from the time the kids were little, your 2015 wouldnt't be to old! Isn't that kind of the point? That's why all these people hold their kid back so they can get their older kid classified in a younger grade. So they can exploit the physical advantage that comes with it. Oh wait, I forgot there's no advantage.

Anonymous #11322 04/26/12 10:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In High School grade based simply makes more sense. This thread is about 6th grade lacrosse. At this level of lacrosse development, age based palying requirements will provide a safer environment for learning. A child born in 1998 should be playing against boys his own age and not against pre-pubescent 11 year olds.

hey Seinfeld the procreate line was a joke - but I do believe that if a kid is scheduled to graduate in 2015 then he should be playing on a 2015 team regardless of age - if you go by birth dates what would you do with a rising 10th grader that is too old to play u15? also do you think a college assistant coach/recruiter want to go to a U15 summer game with rising freshman,Sophomore and Juniors playing or do you think he wants to go to a 2015 tournament where all the kids in the game are rising Sophomore so he knows what he is watching and recruiting

Anonymous #11329 04/26/12 01:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In High School grade based simply makes more sense. This thread is about 6th grade lacrosse. At this level of lacrosse development, age based palying requirements will provide a safer environment for learning. A child born in 1998 should be playing against boys his own age and not against pre-pubescent 11 year olds.

The Jesters have a 6th grade boy who I have been told is the correct age and not held back, he looks to be close to 6 feet tall my son is an average size 6th grader and about 4' 8" - for safety reason do we not allow the 6th grader to play with the smaller but same age kids? what about a very small 7th grader that is too small to play against other 7th grade kids is it OK to play down for safety reasons? I think there are always going to be huge height and weight gaps for kids born within a year anyway so keeping it too grade based seems the best to me. regardless of size I want my 6th grader playing against 6th graders not older 5th graders and next year in middle school they are all going to have to play against each other anyway.

Anonymous #11378 04/27/12 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is going by age such a tough concept? It's done in every sport, except Lacrosse!! Just because a kids big, doesn't mean he is physcially more mature, he may have a 7ft father. It's about physical maturity. When your a year and half or two years older than the other kids (regardless of hieght) it's an advantage. Things like muscle developement, motor skill, hand eye, speed, lateral movement, all generally get better as a child gets OLDER!!! That's the point! You can't dispute it, it's just basic Physiology. It's no big deal, it's just fact and reality.

Anonymous #11382 04/27/12 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the age people and the grade people will have have to agree to disagree, I like the idea of kids that will be playing with and against each other in school also play together in the summer. no system will ever be totally fair but grade based teams make the most sense to me

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #11782 05/05/12 10:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any score on the LIE - Team LI game today

Anonymous #11784 05/06/12 07:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe in the whole concept of age based teams, but if it is done for safety reasons, than there can be no complaints that a great team should play UP and not slaughter their peer teams in the division. Many teams play up because they are better than their average peers, but if we are calling this a safety decision to not let kids play grade based- than playing up should be ruled out for the same reasons- safety.

I do see a HUGE difference in my boys from 6th, 7th and 8th grade- but I also saw how their teams needed to play up for the correct competition. I am not sure what the answer would be there.

I also want to point out there are many kids held back because of social, emotional or academic issues- and I believe they should be allowed to play with their friends until 6th-7th grade. Nothing like a kid with little self confidence not wanting to try a sport because he will have to play with kids he does not know from an older grade.

Anonymous #11810 05/07/12 08:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE won by more than a few. Sloppy game in the rain for both teams.

Anonymous #11950 05/09/12 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Rec league will set its own rules for eligibility. It is the responsibility of teams to follow the rules regardless of opinions about age vs. grade

In an age based league/tournament - ALL players must be age eligible regardless of the grade of the players

In a grade based league/tournament - ALL players must be grade eligible regardless of the age of the players

If a team has one player who is ineligible according to the rules they are cheating.

If a team moves up in division because of this one player, they are not "playing up" they are playing by the rules

the age people and the grade people will have have to agree to disagree, I like the idea of kids that will be playing with and against each other in school also play together in the summer. no system will ever be totally fair but grade based teams make the most sense to me

CageSage #12441 05/23/12 11:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be great to see the 2018 LI travel teams play each other over the next couple of months. With the exception of Looney's, the top Maryland 2018 teams play each other all the time. They post their results for all to see on the NPYLL web site, and as far as you can tell, no club has collapsed because they lost a game to another club in Maryland - they all seem to be doing just fine. Long Island teams should be doing the same thing with this age group, and it might start if people/parents stopped trashing a rival organization.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard