BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 55 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 fall 2015 and spring 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
World Series has 5/1 cutoff. Should be 7/1 in my view, but at least they will enforce.

PS - Punched square in face, meaning in the front of the helmet? Or was this off the field with no helmet? Difference between out of game and out of tournament, in my view, although always depends on the circumstances. I've seen some pretty nice kids take baseball swings with their sticks at the opponents midriffs when then got frustrated and only get 3m non-releasable (a gift).

5/1 cutoff when New [lacrosse] has a 12/1 cutoff for 2020. Why call it a 2020 tournament when the cutoff date is more than half a year away from a primary state's cutoff?

lol, are you saying that since NY has a cutoff of 12/1 a tournament that invites a team from NY should go with that cutoff? You are funny! Most of the country have cutoffs of 9/1 and it is very common for boys with summer birthdays to start K when they just turned 6, instead of starting as a young 5 year old. NY is totally in the minority with the 12/1 cutoff

You're right, as the 91 team is the only N.Y. Team attending the point is moot. They have more than enough players born before 12/1/2001 to even the playing field.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will be the ride they will be rolling on the next few years. Wait until you see what some of the upstate Ny teams are doing. Not exclusive to those out of Ny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a lot of respect for Crush and was suprised to see the score, given Crabs beat Breakers 6-5 after Crush beat Breakers 9-1.

JS just tweeted "Note to kid laxers if your a 2018 and play 2020 DONT post it on your Instagram. That would be cheating"

And I thought my little town had lax drama!

Did JS check what 2018 kids posted on Instagram from his car on the way home?

Regardless of how/when he found it-he is right. My guess is a Maryland parent shared it with him as Crabs have embarrassed Maryland this weekend with blatant roster loading.

Easy to find the info. One player brought down to play 2020 with Crabs is listed in a private school 8th grade graduating class list and one forgot to change his recruiting profile page from 2019 to 2020 and is listed on another 8th grade private school graduating list. Not hard to find the info out there. Technically they are not 2020s yet as most of the 2020 teams are still in school attending 7th grade classes. Next year they can be fully embarrassed by having pre-1st years and holding back in 8th grade and try to look their opponents in the eye knowing they have manipulated the system. Shame on the parents and the organization.

So having many players that were held back early on your team like Crush has is ok, until they lose to team that has late hold backs on their team. Too funny!

The same kids rostered on Crush' 2020 team will be going to Denver as age appropriate. At least 8 of the kids who played for Crabs 2020 this weekend at Beach Lax do not make the generous age cut off. They are pre 1st holdbacks and 8th grade holdbacks. In fact, several of their regular 2020 NYPLL roster do not make he age cut off.

You must have a tremendous amount of free time, and your detailed knowledge about these boys is borderline disturbing.

Nothing to be disturbed about. The Crabs parents made no secret of the fact and the Maryland kids all know each other, they know who belongs and who doesn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a lot of respect for Crush and was suprised to see the score, given Crabs beat Breakers 6-5 after Crush beat Breakers 9-1.

JS just tweeted "Note to kid laxers if your a 2018 and play 2020 DONT post it on your Instagram. That would be cheating"

And I thought my little town had lax drama!

Did JS check what 2018 kids posted on Instagram from his car on the way home?

Regardless of how/when he found it-he is right. My guess is a Maryland parent shared it with him as Crabs have embarrassed Maryland this weekend with blatant roster loading.

Easy to find the info. One player brought down to play 2020 with Crabs is listed in a private school 8th grade graduating class list and one forgot to change his recruiting profile page from 2019 to 2020 and is listed on another 8th grade private school graduating list. Not hard to find the info out there. Technically they are not 2020s yet as most of the 2020 teams are still in school attending 7th grade classes. Next year they can be fully embarrassed by having pre-1st years and holding back in 8th grade and try to look their opponents in the eye knowing they have manipulated the system. Shame on the parents and the organization.

So having many players that were held back early on your team like Crush has is ok, until they lose to team that has late hold backs on their team. Too funny!

The same kids rostered on Crush' 2020 team will be going to Denver as age appropriate. At least 8 of the kids who played for Crabs 2020 this weekend at Beach Lax do not make the generous age cut off. They are pre 1st holdbacks and 8th grade holdbacks. In fact, several of their regular 2020 NYPLL roster do not make he age cut off.

You must have a tremendous amount of free time, and your detailed knowledge about these boys is borderline disturbing.

Do not need a load of time to figure out that these boys were rostered last week as 2019 and this week as 2020. Stop trying to deflect the issue that your team is openly putting boys 1-2 years older on the field and hiding behind a pre-1st and 8th grade repeat year that makes them "eligible". When they step on the same fields as boys that have been in the same school with them for years and are suddenly playing 7th grade when they graduated from 8th grade last week at said school it is pretty obvious. Respect needs to be earned and Crabs can fool themselves all they want but nobody has respect for them regardless of how many ships they take home if they have to cheat to do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know many are happy to see Crush lose. They have nothing to be ashamed of, and fought a great game that could have gone either way. The bigger issue here is the cheating. All of the great top LI teams that play fair will have to deal with this. It is time to demand age regulation. Teams like Crush can still be competitive with the cheating holdbacks, but what about some of the other very good teams. Just not a true competition for either team. If you chose to play up, that is one thing, otherwise, it is not in the spirit of fair competition.Sad!

Please do not paint all of the Maryland teams with the Crabs brush. There are more teams that are age appropriate and enjoy good classy competition than there are teams that cheat to win. Unfortunately, the current #1 team in Maryland is generating the most noise. The legitimate teams in Maryland are not supportive of the Crab's model and we are also confident that most NY teams do not throw punches on the field and say profanities to their opponent while cross checking them. We are no fan of Crushes field tactics and behavior, but they should not have lost the Championship to a team that had boys who finished 8th grade last week. Aloha should be doing the right thing and awarding the Championship to Crush and disqualifying the Crabs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as people dislike the crush 15-year-olds playing against 12 and 13-year-olds is not okay on any level. This time it's Crush next time maybe it's my sons team. God for bid a boy is injured due to this type of thing. Probably more depressing for the crabs is that a team of eighth and ninth graders age wise could only be a seventh grade team by one in overtime

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expreess 2020 had a reality check at Forsberg this weekend .. Played well but were beaten by 2019 teams . Hard to play up and compete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know many are happy to see Crush lose. They have nothing to be ashamed of, and fought a great game that could have gone either way. The bigger issue here is the cheating. All of the great top LI teams that play fair will have to deal with this. It is time to demand age regulation. Teams like Crush can still be competitive with the cheating holdbacks, but what about some of the other very good teams. Just not a true competition for either team. If you chose to play up, that is one thing, otherwise, it is not in the spirit of fair competition.Sad!

Please do not paint all of the Maryland teams with the Crabs brush. There are more teams that are age appropriate and enjoy good classy competition than there are teams that cheat to win. Unfortunately, the current #1 team in Maryland is generating the most noise. The legitimate teams in Maryland are not supportive of the Crab's model and we are also confident that most NY teams do not throw punches on the field and say profanities to their opponent while cross checking them. We are no fan of Crushes field tactics and behavior, but they should not have lost the Championship to a team that had boys who finished 8th grade last week. Aloha should be doing the right thing and awarding the Championship to Crush and disqualifying the Crabs.

Did the Crabs play with the same team the entire tourney or did they bring in older players just for the finals? Surprised by the result since the Crabs didn't seem to roll through the earlier games against teams that the Crush beat easily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as people dislike the crush 15-year-olds playing against 12 and 13-year-olds is not okay on any level. This time it's Crush next time maybe it's my sons team. God for bid a boy is injured due to this type of thing. Probably more depressing for the crabs is that a team of eighth and ninth graders age wise could only be a seventh grade team by one in overtime

Add to their embarrassment that the same team of 8th and 9th graders only won by 1 in OT against a no hold back Breakers and by two in regular play to an on age Next Level. The size difference alone in these games should have clued in Aloha. Crush should have been the overall winner despite their behavior in earlier games. Aloha seems to be afraid to ever do the right thing in these tourneys and will never ask a team like Crabs for their age cards as they fear the revenue loss. Those boys could not have produced a 7th grade report card unless it was dated May 2014 and do not understand that it is not okay. Enjoy your tainted trophy as you will never get what it means to feel the real joy in winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expreess 2020 had a reality check at Forsberg this weekend .. Played well but were beaten by 2019 teams . Hard to play up and compete

This is the problem with lots of people, too many people are only worried about winning. Playing up and losing is often way better for a team than playing on grade and winning

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Add to their embarrassment that the same team of 8th and 9th graders only won by 1 in OT against a no hold back Breakers and by two in regular play to an on age Next Level. The size difference alone in these games should have clued in Aloha. Crush should have been the overall winner despite their behavior in earlier games. Aloha seems to be afraid to ever do the right thing in these tourneys and will never ask a team like Crabs for their age cards as they fear the revenue loss. Those boys could not have produced a 7th grade report card unless it was dated May 2014 and do not understand that it is not okay. Enjoy your tainted trophy as you will never get what it means to feel the real joy in winning.

Lets See:

The Crabs openly promote holdbacks.

They enter a tournament where eligibility is based upon graduation year.

The have kids that are being held back so they will graduate in 2020.

They enter the 2020 division.

Other teams choose not to play in the age based divisions of the same tournament but instead play in the graduation year based divisions of the same tournament despite knowing that the Crabs will be in the tournament.

The Crabs win and the other teams complain that the Crabs did what the Crabs have said they were going to do all along.

These same teams will clamor to be in other tournaments that the Crabs either promote or attend so they can say that they play the "best"

The parents of the other teams whine rather than take responsibility for their own actions.

The reality is that the Crab's actions are facilitated by a bunch of parents that want to focus on crowning some mythical middle school national club champion instead of focusing on making sure their sons are having fun and getting better. Frankly, I am more disturbed by all of the stories about the Crush kids who sit the bench in the tournaments than the stories about the Crabs playing older players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Put 3Village in your conversation for top 2020 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't call it a reality check. Playing up is tough, and a bit scary given how mature 8th graders are compared to 7th graders - bigger, stronger, faster, overall better lacrosse players. I give them credit for playing 3 close games and they're a smallish team for their age anyway. No shame in losing to older teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets See:

Other teams choose not to play in the age based divisions of the same tournament but instead play in the graduation year based divisions of the same tournament despite knowing that the Crabs will be in the tournament.

The Crabs win and the other teams complain that the Crabs did what the Crabs have said they were going to do all along.

These same teams will clamor to be in other tournaments that the Crabs either promote or attend so they can say that they play the "best"

The parents of the other teams whine rather than take responsibility for their own actions.

The reality is that the Crab's actions are facilitated by a bunch of parents that want to focus on crowning some mythical middle school national club champion instead of focusing on making sure their sons are having fun and getting better. Frankly, I am more disturbed by all of the stories about the Crush kids who sit the bench in the tournaments than the stories about the Crabs playing older players

All true however, blatantly exploiting a flawed system to squeak out a win seems pretty pathetic. When your best isn't good enough you resort to tactics like this and everyone knows the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem with including town teams with travel teams is the overlap of players. For instance, Manhasset has an excellent town team but I think a lot of those players are Terps as well. Strictly for town teams in the 2020 year, I believe Three Village and Manhasset are the best I've seen while Rockville Center and Sachem are also pretty good. If anyone else wants to chime in on town teams they know or have seen, intelligent input would be welcome. But, to the original point, trying to rank town teams with travel teams does not make much sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't call it a reality check. Playing up is tough, and a bit scary given how mature 8th graders are compared to 7th graders - bigger, stronger, faster, overall better lacrosse players. I give them credit for playing 3 close games and they're a smallish team for their age anyway. No shame in losing to older teams.

Agreed, great to challenge the team playing up, just don't act like a baby when you lose! At least the teams at Foresberg knew what they were getting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem with including town teams with travel teams is the overlap of players. For instance, Manhasset has an excellent town team but I think a lot of those players are Terps as well. Strictly for town teams in the 2020 year, I believe Three Village and Manhasset are the best I've seen while Rockville Center and Sachem are also pretty good. If anyone else wants to chime in on town teams they know or have seen, intelligent input would be welcome. But, to the original point, trying to rank town teams with travel teams does not make much sense.

very impressed with 3villages , sons team lost to them at jdrf and watched them play vipers yesterday talented team well coached

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get used to it Maryland has hold backs and you will see them for the rest of your sons lacrosse career.. Size matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true.....most of the towns are second teams for these kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any of these tournament directors have any responsibility to make sure whats advertised is what is on the field. We all sign wavers assuming that that your kid is playing someone who is somewhat close to his age. If you play 2020 we all know there may be a couple of kids who should probably be 2019 but are actually in the grade. Anyone who gets caught using a kid that is actually 2 grades higher should get some sort of punishment. Age checking every roster would be a nightmare but if the punishment for getting caught was bad enough I think it would take care of itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, great to challenge the team playing up, just don't act like a baby when you lose! At least the teams at Foresberg knew what they were getting.

Did someone act like a baby? Parents or kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3V is a good team and perhaps getting better. Islip is good as well. SWR very good if the 5 or so studs played with the '20 group and not '19. Commack excellent as well. In Nassau there is Manhasset and CSH. Big drop after that. Maybe GC and Port next tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets See:

Did the Crabs play with the same team the entire tourney or did they bring in older players just for the finals? Surprised by the result since the Crabs didn't seem to roll through the earlier games against teams that the Crush beat easily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the problem with lots of people, too many people are only worried about winning. Playing up and losing is often way better for a team than playing on grade and winning

By "lots of people" do you mean Express itself? Why do you think they have championship photos splashed all over their own website? Give me a break with the "it's not about winning" routine....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RVC is very good in Nassau too, when their 91 and Express kids play at home. Massapequa would be good too if they changed name from True Blue to Massapequa. Its a very good grade year across LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs had a team in 2022, 21,20 but hmm no 2019 team. Miraculously the 2020 team had a dressed roster of 30 players. Different players played different games w many VLC 18,19 players present Our son plays on an older 91 team playing and the Crabs parents were nice as well as Very honest about how the team is mixed ages with many older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do u people really think The Crabs , a highly respected lacrosse club would cheat with older unrosted players ? Holdbacks or older end of 2020 yes , but so does a lot of teams now. They make em big down there. What can u do ? Maybe Crush should start looking for big strong athletes. They are out there but a lot of kids don't bother trying out because of the " it's impossible to make that team attitude ".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not hearing much from those Viper folks about not playing in the "A" division of a tournament after squeaking out wins against "B" teams and losing to a very good but not travel 3 Villages town team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not hearing much from those Viper folks about not playing in the "A" division of a tournament after squeaking out wins against "B" teams and losing to a very good but not travel 3 Villages town team.

Looks like the results tell the story. Good b team aspiring to be A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Do u people really think The Crabs , a highly respected lacrosse club would cheat with older unrosted players ?"

yes. from baltimore. was rooting for crabs until i found they were using kids they were in 8th grade this school year and repeating 8th. the kids had been playing 2019 this spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The "lots of people" clearly was NOT refereeing to Express. I am pretty sure if Express was just worried about winning, they would not be playing up. I would think, that their coaches wanted to challenge their players, maybe give their defense a good work out, which is why they chose to play up. I doubt that the original poster was from the Express camp either. I am pretty sure it was someone trying to stir the pot and point out that Express isn't that great because they lost to 2019 team. I personally think they should be congratulated for playing up and taking some lumps. In the long run, they will be better players because of it!!

By "lots of people" do you mean Express itself? Why do you think they have championship photos splashed all over their own website? Give me a break with the "it's not about winning" routine....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true.....most of the towns are second teams for these kids.

3 Village has kept their top 2020 kids together. They don't play for outside travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the results tell the story. Good b team aspiring to be A

Great point, I just see it as all teams should be aspiring to be better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at the division it was as good as you want every tournament to be. 4 games determined by 8 goals. 3 goals the biggest margin.

Lets see how they do at Lax Fest. I seem to think that legacy team is pretty good as well. 3 games decided by 6 goals. See a trend many games decided by 2 goals with a tie mixed in there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The "lots of people" clearly was NOT refereeing to Express. I am pretty sure if Express was just worried about winning, they would not be playing up. I would think, that their coaches wanted to challenge their players, maybe give their defense a good work out, which is why they chose to play up. I doubt that the original poster was from the Express camp either. I am pretty sure it was someone trying to stir the pot and point out that Express isn't that great because they lost to 2019 team. I personally think they should be congratulated for playing up and taking some lumps. In the long run, they will be better players because of it!!

I agree with you. Good for them for challenging themselves! But let's also keep it real. The Terps played up because they thought they could run the table and then brag that they won a tournament playing against 2019s. They want to win everytime they step on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you. Good for them for challenging themselves! But let's also keep it real. The Terps played up because they thought they could run the table and then brag that they won a tournament playing against 2019s. They want to win everytime they step on the field.

I don't subscribe to that point of view. Hadnt the 2019 Express team entered that tournament at an age up and not won. It preps them for the upcoming summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously kudos to express 2020 playing up yesterday. Excellent team who ran into two 2019 teams that were a little bigger and stronger. We only beat them by 3 but they could really play. Some serious skill and heart. Good luck rest of summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising sons is playing Outlaws Black this weekend. Interested to see the score of that game...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They play against fl$ this Saturday

Page 29 of 55 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard