Anonymous #117831 06/01/15 09:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
where are the long island voices!? too many people on this thread talking about Canadian and Maryland teams no one's heard .

Because no one cares. Let's do it at the end of July, not preseason.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Top 3 by Grad Year...
Anonymous #117848 06/01/15 09:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best 2019s are Edge Canada, 2nd would be Crabs, 3rd would be Mesa. Let the whining of the reclass begin

Considering Edge blatantly advertises that this team is for 9th graders, hard to say they are the best 2019 team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #117893 06/01/15 11:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best 2019s are Edge Canada, 2nd would be Crabs, 3rd would be Mesa. Let the whining of the reclass begin

Considering Edge blatantly advertises that this team is for 9th graders, hard to say they are the best 2019 team.

9th graders who start school a year later than kids in US.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #117937 06/01/15 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9th graders who start school a year later than kids in US.

Now you know that's a lie. Canadian Kindergarten starts at age 5, just like the US. The difference is, they base their "Graduation Year" on their typical post-grad year. Hence a 9th grader this year graduates from post-grad in 2019.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #118615 06/04/15 10:05 AM
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2022 United igloo express

Yeah right

2022 - Smash, United, TLI

Stop ranking 5th graders
by HS many wont even be playing and as for now it is just embarrassing to you your kid and sport
enjoy the time you have it goes fast

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #118617 06/04/15 10:08 AM
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

This will never change until lax gets on board and uses birthday as guideline for age group and not school grad year

Like Reply Quote
GG1 N J18 #118632 06/04/15 10:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by GG1 N J18

This will never change until lax gets on board and uses birthday as guideline for age group and not school grad year

I honestly don't have a problem with grade based. It's just that Edge has decided that it's not grade based, it's grad year based. And since Canadian kids have a post-grad year, they don't go to college until a year later than american kids. So their 2019 grad year kids are currently in 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #118794 06/05/15 09:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and this year Express beat them by 3 or 4 !!!! if your ranking 2022 its Diamondbacks, Smash and Cannons. Don't tell me United because they are entered in the B division this weekend. I don't care who they beat if they really thought they were a top A team they should be in the top Division this weekend!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #118797 06/05/15 10:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and this year Express beat them by 3 or 4 !!!! if your ranking 2022 its Diamondbacks, Smash and Cannons. Don't tell me United because they are entered in the B division this weekend. I don't care who they beat if they really thought they were a top A team they should be in the top Division this weekend!!!!

Are the Diamondbacks and Smash playing this weekend/this summer?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #118801 06/05/15 10:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your problem with United ? Did your son get cut this year or something ? Spending a lot of time an energy on this subject.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #118815 06/05/15 11:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express also lost to igloo by 3-4 goals. Then they beat igloo by 3-4. Any of these teams can beat eachother, they're 10-11 years old. TLI shouldn't be in there either. A few older kids on that team. They play in 1 tournament this year on long Island and the play bay shore, jesters and outlaws? A town ream and 2 middle of the pack teams.

Like Reply Quote
Laxdad2026 #119265 06/08/15 09:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what's wrong with youth lacrosse. Top three teams of second graders? Really? Although the OP may defend this by saying it's all in good fun and makes for interesting forum fodder , what is ti really doing? It's taking the focus away from what should be the true purpose of youth sports; learning the fundamentals, learning team sports, cultivating a love and respect for the sport, and most importantly, having fun. This is telling the parents of 7 and 8 year olds that team performance , at this young age, is important. And don't think the club teams aren't eating this up (at least the ones that get mentioned). What great marketing...

Go ahead and flame me, tell me to lighten up, whatever. 5 or 6 years from now, "most" of the parents of these second graders will agree. The rest will be responding to the top three 2033 teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #119304 06/08/15 12:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what's wrong with youth lacrosse. Top three teams of second graders? Really? Although the OP may defend this by saying it's all in good fun and makes for interesting forum fodder , what is ti really doing? It's taking the focus away from what should be the true purpose of youth sports; learning the fundamentals, learning team sports, cultivating a love and respect for the sport, and most importantly, having fun. This is telling the parents of 7 and 8 year olds that team performance , at this young age, is important. And don't think the club teams aren't eating this up (at least the ones that get mentioned). What great marketing...

Go ahead and flame me, tell me to lighten up, whatever. 5 or 6 years from now, "most" of the parents of these second graders will agree. The rest will be responding to the top three 2033 teams.

in an ideal world id like to say you are right. In this crazy world we live in those 2nd graders are the ones who are a leg up going into this travel HS or College scene. Sure you have a small percentage who switch to play later on and the puberty factor always helps but as long as you don't over extend and keep a family balance those that get after it since 2nd grade will be the ones you see as you go through the years.

Like Reply Quote
Laxdad2026 #119357 06/08/15 02:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Crabs beat 2020 Crush at beach lax final, so:

2020 Crabs, Crush, LI Express

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #119364 06/08/15 02:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live in PA and I am pretty sure I have heard the crying periodically over the last 24 hours from my deck...

2020 Crabs beat 2020 Crush at beach lax final, so:

2020 Crabs, Crush, LI Express

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard