BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 233 of 327 1 2 231 232 233 234 235 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the 2020 bucket selfish play is approved same as on school teams. Girls lacrosse seems [lacrosse] bent on getting the average players to quit or for them to leave for another team.

If you chose a girl for the team and cashed her check, you must have thought she was qualified to play, so play her

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
yeah calling him sausage is . and yeah ask your 6th grader. hopefully their still allowed to be in 6th grade and have a sense of humor once in a while when you let them get a break from lacrosse. u seem to have lost yours.

Got it..thanks Louie CK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I gather none of you bothered to read the YJ website where it clearly states suing time is not guaranteed. I read every inch of it before signing on, at least educate yourself going in before handing over all that money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I gather none of you bothered to read the YJ website where it clearly states suing time is not guaranteed. I read every inch of it before signing on, at least educate yourself going in before handing over all that money.

"Playing"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether, as an "it's all about my kid parent" you want to accept it or not, there is a top and a bottom on EVERY team. In tight games, the play to win team (YJs Blue & Gold; TG Black, Liberty Black, Elevate Blue, M&D Black, Skywalkers Blue, Heroes) is going to play their best 12, and play to WIN. That's how they build their reputations, by winning.

The 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th player will get in when the top players need a break; the bubble players/bottom 8 or 9 players on that particular team, will probably NOT get in the tight game. Accept it where you daughter sits in the lineup, or move on.

If you want "an everyone plays equal time" team, then ask up front about playing time in TIGHT games and Championship format tournaments. Understand up front how the playing time will be distributed even in the showcase format because make no mistake about it, even though it's not a championship format, the coaches, parents and players all know who wins and WANT TO WIN. Not just the normal run of the mill games. Most of the teams/games that the YJ top two teams play will not be competitive. So those are the games that the coaches will give the bottom 13 players a chance to play.

If you can handle a summer season of that behavior, you will be good. However, If you can't stand to watch it, then leave and don't waste your money (club fees, hotels, gas, tolls, food) or precious time, because time is something you can't get back.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the 2020 bucket selfish play is approved same as on school teams. Girls lacrosse seems [lacrosse] bent on getting the average players to quit or for them to leave for another team.

If you chose a girl for the team and cashed her check, you must have thought she was qualified to play, so play her

Recruiting leads to selfish play. Its working for those top players but not so much for everyone else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok no problem Joe Serious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We'll said in tight game only the top players play in the blow outs your daughter will get an opportunity to play and you get to practice with the top team. Plenty of upside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good YJ teams of the past did not have this problem. everyone on blue could play and did. They did not have a problem winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Recruiting leads to selfish play. Its working for those top players but not so much for everyone else

I think the main problem is the lack of communication from coaches to parents. All indications from the coaches all winter long is everyone would receive ample playing time. Being a competitive teams, I'm sure that all the parents knew that the coaches would play certain girls more. The key word is more not all. Many were surprised that many would not see the field in a pool play game in the first tournament of the summer. It went downhill from there. The question that many parents need to now ask is whether it is worth it for your daughter to get equal playing time in meaningless blowout games and sitting for every competitive game? Is being able to put YJBlue on your daughters resume worth it? Because if you don't play in the competitive games are you really part of the team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the main problem is the lack of communication from coaches to parents. All indications from the coaches all winter long is everyone would receive ample playing time. Being a competitive teams, I'm sure that all the parents knew that the coaches would play certain girls more. The key word is more not all. Many were surprised that many would not see the field in a pool play game in the first tournament of the summer. It went downhill from there. The question that many parents need to now ask is whether it is worth it for your daughter to get equal playing time in meaningless blowout games and sitting for every competitive game? Is being able to put YJBlue on your daughters resume worth it? Because if you don't play in the competitive games are you really part of the team?

Wouldn't a lot of these problems be solved if CR just kept the roster size down to 20. The more girls there are on a team, the more trouble you are asking for. Is the extra money really worth all the aggravation and angst?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least in the circle we travel, Lacrosse is only about giving that verbal. Unlike any other sport my children play lacrosse is always spoken about a driven towards that scholarship. Makes it very hard to rally as a team. No other sport comes close to this travel & recruiting stuff. Its a shame because some actually like the game and just want to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least in the circle we travel, Lacrosse is only about giving that verbal. Unlike any other sport my children play lacrosse is always spoken about a driven towards that scholarship. Makes it very hard to rally as a team. No other sport comes close to this travel & recruiting stuff. Its a shame because some actually like the game and just want to play.

Prolly a Long Island thing. I bet its the same way in Texas for football and Florida for baseball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn't a lot of these problems be solved if CR just kept the roster size down to 20. The more girls there are on a team, the more trouble you are asking for. Is the extra money really worth all the aggravation and angst?

there are 28 rostered on our 2022 team (only 1 is a goalie)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there are 28 rostered on our 2022 team (only 1 is a goalie)

CHA CHING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good YJ teams of the past did not have this problem. everyone on blue could play and did. They did not have a problem winning.

Wrong. Had the same exact problems, just didn't have the BOTC to air it out and complain anonymously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure this same group of parents were not complaining during the school year when other kids were not playing over theirs. Such a smug mindset. You pay the coaches HUGE money... Let them coach and stop with the whinny posts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree my daughter was on an older ya blue team and every girl on that team could play and did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good grief. still bashing that yellow jackets program. what a shame

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree my daughter was on an older ya blue team and every girl on that team could play and did

And if it was a playoff format only the top 12 -14 played until a playoff spot was secured. In the playoffs once again top 12 - 14 played until the outcome was no longer in doubt then the top players were rested and players 14 - 22 would get playing time. This is why we switched to YJ. It really got old driving all over and missing the playoffs because Little Suzy had to get equal minutes even though she hadn't been to practice in 2 weeks. To each his own we were very happy to have our daughter earn her minutes rather than just be awarded equal playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of the new 2020 kids played ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if it was a playoff format only the top 12 -14 played until a playoff spot was secured. In the playoffs once again top 12 - 14 played until the outcome was no longer in doubt then the top players were rested and players 14 - 22 would get playing time. This is why we switched to YJ. It really got old driving all over and missing the playoffs because Little Suzy had to get equal minutes even though she hadn't been to practice in 2 weeks. To each his own we were very happy to have our daughter earn her minutes rather than just be awarded equal playing time.

Exactly, for every person on these thread crying the wheels are coming off you have many who are happy things are handled this way in regards to game and player management.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
people people!! listen if you don't like Tue YJ's policy or roster size or coaching staff as well as their game day decisions....then play C team PAL. trust me everyone will play. and you wouldby be contributing to the insane 621 pages of insanity on this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, for every person on these thread crying the wheels are coming off you have many who are happy things are handled this way in regards to game and player management.

Thanks Einstein - Yes the top 13 are happy, the bottom 13 are not geesh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy must look really good to the bottom half!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same thing goes for girls who are pulled up to varsity and never play and barely practice. College Coach: do you have any game film that you can send me?
Player: my coach only plays 12-14 girls, I don't have any game films except for the 10-12 minutes I got in in mop up duty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How good is the YJ 2020 Christensen team that is playing with the 2021s at Beach Lax? Should Skakindi's team have any trouble with them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's where you are wrong. Many parents don't wear those rose colored glasses and know and realize there is a top half and a bottom half on every team. I fully understand in certain games and at certain times the team needs to go to certain lineups to win. Many of the bottom 12 want that to happen and fully understand and accept that, been on both sides of this myself many times. Happy to see the coaches go for the win. Extremely happy to be a part of this philosophy no matter where my kid stands on the roster. Don't try to add numbers to your cause saying bottom half are unhappy, more likely a select few who can't deal with the reality of the situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's where you are wrong. Many parents don't wear those rose colored glasses and know and realize there is a top half and a bottom half on every team. I fully understand in certain games and at certain times the team needs to go to certain lineups to win. Many of the bottom 12 want that to happen and fully understand and accept that, been on both sides of this myself many times. Happy to see the coaches go for the win. Extremely happy to be a part of this philosophy no matter where my kid stands on the roster. Don't try to add numbers to your cause saying bottom half are unhappy, more likely a select few who can't deal with the reality of the situation.

So what your number on how many were happy on Curcio team last weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy must look really good to the bottom half!

So what are you saying? That Legacy is the home for YJ sloppy seconds? How insulting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical YJ's holier than thou attitude towards everyone. Sometimes wrong is just wrong and first tournament of season was not the place to not play all the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Typical YJ's holier than thou attitude towards everyone. Sometimes wrong is just wrong and first tournament of season was not the place to not play all the girls.

Says who YJ play to win if girls have to sit so be it. This is a competitive game and the top players will be in when the game is on the line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are many parents on the 2020 team that know their girls will not play against M&D black this weekend but they will have an opportunity to play against Jones and many other teams when they have a big lead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Typical YJ's holier than thou attitude towards everyone. Sometimes wrong is just wrong and first tournament of season was not the place to not play all the girls.

Says who YJ play to win if girls have to sit so be it. This is a competitive game and the top players will be in when the game is on the line.

You are naive if you truly think of the best players were on at the end of the game. I can think of three that played major minutes because of nepotism. Plain and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The F&F that made the last 15 posts are missing the point (probably on purpose).
The best 12 played vs. Hero's and WON.
Then the F&F played vs. Hero's and Lost.
Case closed!
The little girl who dodges and scored all the goals in the first game they won did not even play in the second game when they lost. My friend's daughter played in both games. It's just how that day went. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. M&D 2021 used 2 subs in the championship game. All teams shorten the bench when a championship is on the line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plain and simple anyone who pays all this money plus travel to have their daughter not play is a fool. if your daughter loves to play and you can afford it, find a place where she can do just that, play! once your child gets to recruiting age and wants to play in college,then find a place where she can play good minutes and be seen by the coaches of schools she wants to go to. Be realistic and understand that Your daughter does not have to play with one of the "big clubs" to play in college. Plenty of so called "2nd and third teamers" playing at some wonderful Colleges.If you contact and show the interest they will come.

If it's just about wins and living thru your children, then by all means keep wasting your money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plain and simple anyone who pays all this money plus travel to have their daughter not play is a fool. if your daughter loves to play and you can afford it, find a place where she can do just that, play! once your child gets to recruiting age and wants to play in college,then find a place where she can play good minutes and be seen by the coaches of schools she wants to go to. Be realistic and understand that Your daughter does not have to play with one of the "big clubs" to play in college. Plenty of so called "2nd and third teamers" playing at some wonderful Colleges.If you contact and show the interest they will come.

If it's just about wins and living thru your children, then by all means keep wasting your money

But do I have to give back the bumper sticker, sweatshirt and now my favorite the blanket?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck getting recruiting help from YJ, if you're not on blue!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck getting recruiting help from YJ, if you're not on blue!

Pay your $500 recruiting fee and she will mention your name to a college coach when an inquiry is made. Don't pay it, and she wont remember your kids name.

Like Reply Quote
Page 233 of 327 1 2 231 232 233 234 235 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard