BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
S
Shi Thead
Unregistered
Shi Thead
Unregistered
S
This will be a good weekend of lacrosse for this group. It will be good to see some of the former Hawks kids who play for Crabs. It will be some great games against some very good LI teams as well. The weather should be beautiful. Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who else did the Crabs draw from? 2021 Hawks last year were very strong. Did GT lose anyone?

S
Shi Thead
Unregistered
Shi Thead
Unregistered
S
Not sure but we get to see some of my sons buddies and their families at the beach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Shi Thead
Not sure but we get to see some of my sons buddies and their families at the beach

Cape football families?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tournament is a toss up from past history depending how the teams have changed and the continuity has come together through the spring season. Crabs and LI Express will be a toss up in Red Division, anyone's day. Don't know much about the Turtle in the Blue Division but really think it is toss up between the Team 91 and Hawks. This might be one of the better competitive tournaments for the 2021 AA Bracket... Too bad there is no Igloo or top Philly teams (are there any at this grade). All games should be low scoring tight matches, ball control will be key right off of the X. Good luck to all..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This tournament is a toss up from past history depending how the teams have changed and the continuity has come together through the spring season. Crabs and LI Express will be a toss up in Red Division, anyone's day. Don't know much about the Turtle in the Blue Division but really think it is toss up between the Team 91 and Hawks. This might be one of the better competitive tournaments for the 2021 AA Bracket... Too bad there is no Igloo or top Philly teams (are there any at this grade). All games should be low scoring tight matches, ball control will be key right off of the X. Good luck to all..

Every game in a 2021 tournament should be high scoring, fast breaking shootouts, not micromanaged by the sidelines. We are killing the game for the kids. 6th graders shouldn't be worried about low scoring ball control matches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Shi Thead

Cape football families?

Hawks families

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every game in a 2021 tournament should be high scoring, fast breaking shootouts, not micromanaged by the sidelines. We are killing the game for the kids. 6th graders shouldn't be worried about low scoring ball control matches

NYPLL Championship between Crabs and Hawks was 8-7. They went up and down the field. Lots of breaks but good defense by both teams kept the score down. Great game to watch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Add Igloo, BLC, and possible Philly team (do they have a 2021 contender) and you have a National Championship Tourney. Right? Does West Coast Stars or a Texas team have a contender at 2021?

Hawks v 91 should be a dogfight. Same for Crabs v LI Exp.

BTW. Disagree about high score/fast break. Teach the team structure for the future....just my thoughts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, Igloo is coming down the next weekend to Summer Exposure. S. Charlotte Cyclones and Palm Beach Revolution are also coming to Summer Exposure, who may be two of the best non-hotbed 2021 teams in the country. Cyclones in Igloo "Black Ice" bracket and PBR is GT's bracket, so should be some fun games for the kids to play.

Still, a 2021AA division sounds a lot better to me than potentially playing U13A teams like the Md and NC Cannons teams. Maybe there is a wider gulf when some kids hit adult size at age 14 or 15, but there is a world of difference between a small 12-year old and a big 13 year old.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wont mention our club but we have a very very good 2021 team and our 2020's are twice the size of our 2021's. The differences between 6th/7th and 7th/8th are enormous. We've had kids that we thought were physically mature 2021's until this year when you compare them to our 2020's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is just crazy to me to be talking about hotbed sixth grade areas and instead of teaching our kids how to play the game, we are deciding at age 11-12-13 what there role will be in high school. I just don't think it is healthy for the kid or the game to tell a young kid, you are a fogo or you are a short stick middie. I just don't think we should specialize our young kids, it should still be fun and the fastest game on two feet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on above. My current 9th grader was given a long stick as a 4th grader and no coach ever practiced or played him at a different position.

I run my 2021 defensemen through most of my attack drills and they participate both ways in all uneven/transition drills (their choice whether short or long sticks). When we get a big lead, I run my D's through attack or let them stay on offense as LSM's. My goalies both played attack all rec league and one of my starting D's played M all rec season. I also refuse to play the substitution game - it's so dull slowing things down for subs unless kids are dying on their feet. I think I have 6-7 M's that faceoff regularly. Finally, if the other team has a total stud at M, it's nice being able to put a longstick on him that can stay on offense, so he can white him out in the clearing/transition game - not to mention everyone loves it when a defenseman scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who takes beach lax this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs
Who takes beach lax this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some interesting scores coming in this morning from the 2021AA division. Hope kids having fun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island not doing to well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you posted u know both LI teams lost, which makes
You happy, u could give a sh?t about kids having fun
You loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep. Both L.I. teams must have lost. Now the premadonas will start the name calling. Oh wait. They already have.....talk about losers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Touchy, touchy. Not from Maryland and don't really care about how LI teams do. Interesting that NPYLL folks like to say HoCo is 2nd class but they started the day with three big wins, including the 2nd place in HoCo team beating the NPYLL champions.

And was serious about kids having fun. They get to go to the beach, boardwalk and do Thrashers and maybe the Zipper and play fantastic well-matched lacrosse. They'd better be having fun. Now if the parents don't, because their egos are tied up in their son's team's W-L record, well, they should have a drink and have fun too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a tournament nobody cares about. Used to be ok. Now a 3rd tier tournament. Seriously, it's a really bad one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on with 91 Heat ? Thought that team would wrap Maryland up today?
Guess a slow start , to early in season to see how well this dream team pans out. So how many kids stood on sideline to cheer on the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 is here, can't be too insignificant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So.....
How many unhappy parents are there after their first taste of away tournament play where their kid doesn't play??, always the same story from fall to spring things are great amongst all the players getting thier equal playtime , the oh so great great training , just plain ol great everything, boisting on how great the team will be in summer as they sport their travel team apparel , and car magnet lol , only to get screwed during the first tournament when NO PLAYTIME kicks into full effect . The parents start getting irate , and thus welcome to a waste of time ! High hopes down the drain... have a great summer !!

Team 91 is here, can't be too insignificant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Crabs
LI Exp
Koop
GT

Other than igloo who could make the tourney "significant"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how did 2021 91 Orange do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disfunctional to say the least!

how did 2021 91 Orange do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep. Both L.I. teams must have lost. Now the premadonas will start the name calling. Oh wait. They already have.....talk about losers

Not from LI but they better come up with a new game plan on how to compete against grade based teams from MD. LI teams were always slightly younger than MD teams due to Dec/Jan school birthday, but now with Maryland's holdbacks on better teams...different ballgame at the younger ages. LI days of dominating at younger ages is over for now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, Roughriders (2-4 in HoCo) just beat Crabs (NPYLL champion). Hey, it's just kids in 6th grade and not giving anyone grief, but good game/bad game, kids still asleep at 8am (happened my kid's team before) or missing kids or new kids added from Spring?

I don't know about tournament organization, but some great competition at OC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not from LI but they better come up with a new game plan on how to compete against grade based teams from MD. LI teams were always slightly younger than MD teams due to Dec/Jan school birthday, but now with Maryland's holdbacks on better teams...different ballgame at the younger ages. LI days of dominating at younger ages is over for now.
I dont understand why this tourneys cant do grade based with an age limit cut off as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how'd 2021 91 Orange do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 missed playoffs.

One quick note. To my knowledge ONLY MD club team that promotes hold backs happens to be the Crabs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2021 has ZERO holdbacks . Fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bet not zero kids born after 9/1 cutoff.

No accusation - just seems like most top 2021 teams have a handful of older kids. Doesn't make them holdbacks of course, as I think the 9/1 cutoff should probably be moved to 8/1 and now [lacrosse]'s tournaments have moved to 6/1. But an average team age a few months older makes a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bet not zero kids born after 9/1 cutoff.

No accusation - just seems like most top 2021 teams have a handful of older kids. Doesn't make them holdbacks of course, as I think the 9/1 cutoff should probably be moved to 8/1 and now [lacrosse]'s tournaments have moved to 6/1. But an average team age a few months older makes a difference.

Wow.. Dicks tournaments changed their date to June 1...The Maryland holdback influence continues

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2021 has ZERO holdbacks . Fact.

Fact.Last year Hawks promoted grade base teams. Dont know how many holdbacks they had or if they lost them to Crabs this year but they were one of the teams going grade base LAST year.

So if they dont have any holdbacks this year or last..they must be one stupid orginazation to promote grade based teams when the lacrosse age base teams aligns perfectly with school age in MD. Why dont they just call themselves U11,U12,U13 etc..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought this was a 2021 discussion? You have a problem with how organizations are handled feel free to let the owners of the programs know. I get it. You're the guy who doesn't like Chix-fil-A policy so you film yourself berating a drive thru worker at the take out window.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a tournament nobody cares about. Used to be ok. Now a 3rd tier tournament. Seriously, it's a really bad one.

1st tier club participation. 3rd tier fields and organization. Questionable refs at some games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really think if we are going to talk "holdbacks" it should be defined for this age level. I really doubt a parent at this age level was thinking six years ago I am going to have my kid do a Pre-K or 1ST for lacrosse potential in the future. If this is the thinking process they must have had some palm reading based on the direction lacrosse was heading. Hold Backs should really be referred to as kids repeating a 8th grade year prior to their true freshman year or we should be looking 8-12 years down the road when you can see how many kids have actually done a pre-1st grade year based of the direction lax has headed. When was the first 8th grade verbal commit confirmed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Missed Playoffs?? As in, had wrong game time and didn't show or did not make playoffs?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard