BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Introducing Lax Tots Long Island
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
LAX Tots

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Introducing Lax Tots Long Island
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would be thrilled if you could teach my 4 yr old to tie his shoe, wipe his nose, put the toilet seat down, and bring his dish to the sink when done eating, etc. if you can get him to play lax you would be a miracle worker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
before long someone will start Lax Embryos

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i would be thrilled if you could teach my 4 yr old to tie his shoe, wipe his nose, put the toilet seat down, and bring his dish to the sink when done eating, etc. if you can get him to play lax you would be a miracle worker.

Admittedly, both of these comments make the BOTC office chuckle.

In all seriousness, kindergarden soccer has been part of the soccer town/club scene for many years in part due to the popularity of soccer as a youth sport. With lacrosse moving onto the national scene in a major way over the last decade, kindergarden lacrosse is not a surprising development.

Just a word to the wise here : BOTC does not think any parent should sign-up their youngster expecting training as a long pole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An arts and craft project, really! Will they be learning to string their own heads?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Admittedly, both of these comments make the BOTC office chuckle.

In all seriousness, kindergarden soccer has been part of the soccer town/club scene for many years in part due to the popularity of soccer as a youth sport. With lacrosse moving onto the national scene in a major way over the last decade, kindergarden lacrosse is not

Just a word to the wise here : BOTC does not think any parent should sign-up their youngster expecting training as a long pole

Soccer and lax are two very different sports. In the natural development of a young child that age- soccer uses body movement that is more natural than trying to run and catch a small ball in the net of a stick. Young kids find more success in learning soccer than lacrosse due to this.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Soccer and lax are two very different sports. In the natural development of a young child that age- soccer uses body movement that is more natural than trying to run and catch a small ball in the net of a stick. Young kids find more success in learning soccer than lacrosse due to this.
Extremely valid observation in that one does not "drop" a soccer ball at a young age. That said, to a soccer purist, a missed pass is as "offensive" as a dropped lacrosse ball.

The Lax Tots program has some innovative exercises to introduce that pass and catch concept for young ones. Again, different strokes for different folks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exercise is exercise and if a kid is interested at 4 or 5 so be it. We have soccer tots and t ball at 4- why not lax as well? I agree that the skills are more advanced, but have we all not seen those kids that can throw a lax ball at 4? Let them enjoy the movements and learn from it. I am sure it is age appropriate.

My youngest son started in kindergarten with community clinics and it did back fire because he hated the helmet and gloves and found it hard. It could back fire, but that is like anything else as well.

L
LAX Instructor
Unregistered
LAX Instructor
Unregistered
L
LaxTots is a great program that was created not too long ago. It truly is a good program for kids wanting to learn the basic skills of the game. I understand people's apprehension, but children do feel successful at the sport. When they first nail how to scoop a ball, they get this look in their eye of accomplishment. True it is a struggle for them at first (especially for children whose physical development hasn't developed yet)

Beauty part about our program is that we don't use bulky equipment, it's non-contact and children just use LAX sticks (mini ones). Definitely a good building block program!

Link Copied to Clipboard