BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are commenting on a scrimmage/practice as noted in the above right???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
True blue actually pulled out the win in the end.... And the gladiators I don't think even won a faceoff.

It was meant to be day for 2 programs trying to stay above the BS that plagues youth lacrosse. Even had pizza together afterwards. The coaches were refs and they didn't keep score. It was a win for the programs for getting the kids together. Met some nice parents and good kids. Leave it at that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are commenting on a scrimmage/practice as noted in the above right???

YES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said. Both teams shuffled kids in and out to get them all on the field. I am sure both teams were short kids being a vacation week. That's not an excuse, just a statement. Let's keep it at that. Two good organizations, playing a scrimmage/practice and that's it. They ate pizza after and the kids interacted which is real nice to see. Both teams are winners!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Chris is all about the kids, please

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this scrimmage\practice really took place and after they ate pizza together then these organizations have the right idea ITS ABOUT THE KIDS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this scrimmage\practice really took place and after they ate pizza together then these organizations have the right idea ITS ABOUT THE KIDS

Have to agree with this one if this event took place the directors of those teams should take a bow. Two smaller programs getting teams together to practice, scrimmage get better what a novel idea.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Have to agree with this one if this event took place the directors of those teams should take a bow. Two smaller programs getting teams together to practice, scrimmage get better what a novel idea.

I know for a fact that it was a good time had by all. Kudos to True Blue and the Gladiators. The right idea indeed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow- Visionary. An accurate assessment of talent. Not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from weekend?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
What is the typical mix of a Uxx team? example: is a U13 team half 2018 half 2017?
Let's assume that we had a "pass system" in place and the cut-off date was August 1st.

Therefore, the U-age group system would range from August 1st of one year until July 31st of the next year.

Graduation years depend on the registration date of the kindergarden classes; let's say that December 1st is the cut-off date.

Therefore, the "older" players in the U-age system would be born between August 1st and December 1st. That covers four months.

So all things being equal, a U-age team is about 1/3rd "older" players and 2/3rds "younger" players. (Translation : A U/17 team would be 1/3rd High School Seniors and 2/3rds High School Juniors.)

cage i thik that you are assuming that there is also a u16 - u15 - u14 ect. I think that what the original post was asking is assuming that like most lacrosse age based tournaments they have u15 and u13 and u11 so in that case he wants to know how many u12's would or should be on a u13 team -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McManus LOST to Wantagh town team 6-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the Red Sox lost to the Yankees yesterday after leading 9-0. So what! Teams have their ups and downs. Whatever team you or your kid is on experienced the same situation. Your post wouldn't be rediculous had you not emphasized the word lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get your point, but we heard it was a tie. And your point was to take a shot at the express orange team, hope you feel better about yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes you so sure it wasn't an Express parent who posted they lost to a town team??? Say what you want but that wasnt the only close game those teams have had. Why not just say the Wantagh team is a talented group of kids who play as a team?? That express team has great mids and a solid att. Just a good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes you so sure it wasn't an Express parent who posted they lost to a town team??? Say what you want but that wasnt the only close game those teams have had. Why not just say the Wantagh team is a talented group of kids who play as a team?? That express team has great mids and a solid att. Just a good game.

It was a good game, Hotshots is a very good group of wantagh players for sure! Exp Orange has great mids solid attack, I agree with that also. And their defense is usually pretty strong also but their (Exp) starting goalie was in a sling on the sideline. It was a low scoring game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"(Exp) starting goalie was in a sling on the sideline. It was a low scoring game." I dont see the connection (maybe I do).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"(Exp) starting goalie was in a sling on the sideline. It was a low scoring game." I dont see the connection (maybe I do).

Sounds like a nice job by the "back up" goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a nice job by the "back up" goalie.

Question: Does the back up goalie typically not play for this express team or do the goalies split their time?

I would think both goalies on the team would be very good and who played/didn't play shouldn't make that much of a difference. Sounds like both teams played a great game and it should be left at that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY son's team played the McManus team last month and the goalies split time. They each played a half.
Enough with the excuses of how the game was played out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They also lost to rvc town team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Express Orange are a AA team this year.!!!

HAD TO RESURRECT THIS GEM!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to some Express parents on the sidelines if <<Player Reference Removed>> ever came off the field they would have a better chance to win

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Player Reference Removed
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every game Mcmanus is allowed to coach brings the four express owners down a notch, he has a new kid every game and a kid quits every week,team is a mess. Express owners need to step in now combine those two teams and run it with no parents coaching the team. Then they will win. Believe me people are talking about going TO True Blue, 91, fl$, next year. you might have numbers next year but not top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every game Mcmanus is allowed to coach brings the four express owners down a notch, he has a new kid every game and a kid quits every week,team is a mess. Express owners need to step in now combine those two teams and run it with no parents coaching the team. Then they will win. Believe me people are talking about going TO True Blue, 91, fl$, next year. you might have numbers next year but not top players.

Combine what 2 teams? Express orange and white? Why would they do that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you an Express parent fromthis team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone familiar with 365lax? They look like they have some good programs and coaches. My son is interested in possibly getting more serious about lacrosse so I'm trying to explore some of the options in the Nassau County area. Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated. We are new to the boys lacrosse scene. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a great org to break in with (I think out of Bethpage area) and make you feel very comfortable. The Michaelsen boys do a good job.

They do lots of clinics... All year round which is always an added bonus. Check out their web site and call Tom. He will definitley call you back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the information! I will definitely reach out to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem with parents coaching these travel teams are regardless of the coaches sons talent they are generally the faceoff kid, they are on man up, they are on the field with time running out. When they play poorly they aren't treated the same as kids whose parents are standing on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you an Express parent fromthis team?

Coach McManus has been with th Express for % years now maybe you are the problem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your so right Pat is the best at picking a team, then cutting kids and then puts them down. Ask the four kids that left already what they think about Pat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it Channey is settinp up a game with another lacrosse team. For Mcmanus maybe they can get a win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a former parent that played for Pat, I felt the need to comment. Whoever wrote this last comment about him, You are an idiot! you have nothing better to do than speak bad about a coach? You are probably one of those loser parents that yells from the sidelines that never played a sport in your life, let alone lacrosse. Pat is a good guy that puts in the time. Like him or not, the kids do and have fun playing for him..isnt that whats important for 12 year olds? But you the loser will never get that. You are too wrapped up in the hatred and anger that seems to fester amongst all travel teams no matter where you play..
Lay off jacknut..if you feel that strongly about his abilities, approach him directly, not cowering behind your computer like the loser you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont have a kid in this grade/team, Dont know Pat, but be real it is not about having "FUN".

I wish people would call a spade a spade!

You can preach "fun" all you want and it should be a "part" of the equation but lets not lose sight of what/why parents spread $$ and put their sons on these teams; it is about making them better lacrosse players, learning (more than they currently know) and realizing the only way to do that is by playing the best competition you can. It is about putting a kid on a team so he can get better.

At 12 "Fun" is a "Bonus" that a good coach can bring to his stable of drills and techniques. Glad you say the coach does that, but I am not paying $$ for FUN!

Now, many comments have been made about those that have played HS or College. For those of us that did play in HS or College (whatever sport whatever level) why is it so wrong to push a child (8-12) to always play their best (whatever that ability level is). That is what is wrong with society. and really, do we need to say great job (good game) when they did a horrible job and the "bounces" just went their way for a postive outcome.

No!

We should be honest, and say just because "xyz" resulted in a goal or a win, the right thing to do would be to do "abc". Hold the boys accountable for what they do or dont do. Let them know on certain teams perfection is expected, because that is what is taught.

We dont push our kids hard enough to be the best they can be. I used to love that slogan the Army had.

The same in school:
Why do you put a child in an advanced placement class, not to have fun but to learn. To learn at the ability that they can (OR THE PARENT THINKS THEY CAN).

bottom line - I Cant wait for what this grade has ahead of them when the current 2022 is in 7th grade and taking your sons spot on Varisty because their parent pushed them to be the best they could.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should be fun- because if it is not they will drop it like a hot potato. Have you ever seen a kid pushed to play when they do not want to but daddy wants them to???- no effort, no motivation, no progress.

I am not saying they should not work their hardest and strive for their best- but like anything in life- if you hate it, you will not stick with it and reach maximum potential. Let the kids have fun and play with the team they deserve to play with. Who wants to lose all the time, sit on the bench the majority of the game and feel poorly about their skills. That goes for academics as well- not everyone is a super star, but if they are motivated to work hard because they find it interesting or God forbid fun- they will do better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, enough of the personal attacks on this guy Pat. As for the previous post about travel lax, I agree with most of what you said except the fun part. Lacrosse is a game and it should be fun at any level. If your in grade school, the game itself and practices are fun. Being part of a team is fun and all the stuff you do at tournaments between games - goofing off, mini stick games, etc - is fun. At the Division 1 level (yes, I played) it remains fun - just different. The camraderie on the team is the fun part. It is ultra competitive but what gets you on the practice field everyday is that it is enjoyable - it is a sport. Did you hear Quint Kessinich's comments about the Syracuse d-pole who dropped a pass for an easy goal on the doorstep? He said, in substance, the guy was going to get some real razzing on the bus ride home. Practical jokes like tape balls thrown at him with comments like "can you catch this". You know why, because it's fun. When you lose the fun part, it's not worth playing anymore.
Avoid early burnout - keep it competitive ( constructive criticisim is necessary in all parts of life - no pampering) but it is still a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a former parent that played for Pat, I felt the need to comment. Whoever wrote this last comment about him, You are an idiot! you have nothing better to do than speak bad about a coach? You are probably one of those loser parents that yells from the sidelines that never played a sport in your life, let alone lacrosse. Pat is a good guy that puts in the time. Like him or not, the kids do and have fun playing for him..isnt that whats important for 12 year olds? But you the loser will never get that. You are too wrapped up in the hatred and anger that seems to fester amongst all travel teams no matter where you play..
Lay off jacknut..if you feel that strongly about his abilities, approach him directly, not cowering behind your computer like the loser you are.

Is having older kids play for you during tournamewnts so you can win part of the fun too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are kids who may be a lil older but they are all 7th graders. Maybe he grabs an out of towner or two here or there, no harm no foul..as long as your winning right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did fl$ add players late in the season or are they now playing some 8th graders? We (Gladiators) beat them Saturday but it was a surprisingly close game.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard