BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Fees for Travel Lacrosse
schatzi Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I'm noticing in many posts , and this includes my own experience as well that there are "hidden" fees on top of the exuberant cost of making/joining a travel lacrosse team.

Why can't it be mandated that ALL expenses that will be inured by the paying family be posted flat out on the teams web site before you even decide to try out.

Of course you want to choose the most reputable team , however if it's too tight for the wallet you have other options.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Fees for Travel Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by schatzi
I'm noticing in many posts , and this includes my own experience as well that there are "hidden" fees on top of the exuberant cost of making/joining a travel lacrosse team.

Why can't it be mandated that ALL expenses that will be inured by the paying family be posted flat out on the teams web site before you even decide to try out.

Of course you want to choose the most reputable team , however if it's too tight for the wallet you have other options.
First and foremost, before November 1st, 2010, there was not even a venue where this conversation could be had. So, while it may feel like you are part of a bait-and-switch at times, BOTC has been shedding light on the total package costs during our time on the air.

When an advertiser comes onto BOTC, our staff takes the time to review the player and team costs for all of the events. During tryout season, those advertisers on the BOTC Tryouts Forum did have to meet certain criteria including tryout fee disclosures, full season costs (if already available), tournaments to be attended, training details, and organization contact details. Where full season costs could not be specified we asked each club to explain why those costs could not be fully disclosed - usually, it came down to tournament selection. So, while you might feel that you are in the "Wild West" when it comes to hidden costs and disclosure, you can trust that sponsors with BOTC have done their level best to provide as much information as possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from my experience having my kids playing travel lacrosse for over 10 years the "hidden Costs" are not always known when the decision to join a team is made - usually you will be told "10 practices and 5 summer tournaments" then when winter and spring leagues and tournaments become available the coach will ask if everybody wants to go to this or that and if enough want to go they charge "x" per kid for that tournament - that "x" is what is sometimes weird when you have two children playing for two different organizations going to the same tournament and one son is charged $75 and the other is charged $150, this happened to us on a Long Island tournament so no travel or hotel expense.

Like Reply Quote
schatzi Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I wasn't referring to the BOTC posting the costs. I did mean that each individual travel team should post it on their own web sites and whomever could be in charge of enforcing that rule should do so.I'm sorry if there was confusion.

When they state how much to try out the next lines should read - if your child makes the team you will have to pay such and such amount upon notification, and then follow with the total cost of the team and that it will be broken up. For instants x amount will be due in x- month and a final payment due in x-month for a total cost of xxxx.

They tell you whats included when you make the team, they do not however tell you how much it costs to be a member .It's a know as you go process.

BOTC has shed much light on many subjects for me by reading many different forums. Thank You for that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by schatzi
I wasn't referring to the BOTC posting the costs. I did mean that each individual travel team should post it on their own web sites and whomever could be in charge of enforcing that rule should do so.I'm sorry if there was confusion.

When they state how much to try out the next lines should read - if your child makes the team you will have to pay such and such amount upon notification, and then follow with the total cost of the team and that it will be broken up. For instants x amount will be due in x- month and a final payment due in x-month for a total cost of xxxx.

They tell you whats included when you make the team, they do not however tell you how much it costs to be a member .It's a know as you go process.

BOTC has shed much light on many subjects for me by reading many different forums. Thank You for that.

I'm a little confused by your post. Most teams post what's included and the yearly cost for the team. Spring leagues and tournamanets outside the base cost are extra.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's hard to no all costs. Does a team end up with 18 or 22 players. Do many parents want more and extra games and clinics get added. I am sure some shady stuff goes on but often times the club is not sure either.

Like Reply Quote
schatzi Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Yes , they tell you what's included. However they do not post the cost if your son makes the team. They tell you what you get for your money but don't tell you how much money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here is an interesting post on a travel team U15 in Carolina
sort of explains everything before tryout -

Coached by Gene Vigue/John Andreala/Ron Campoli

Tournaments Listed Below

Age: Please note that in 2012 we will use the USLacrosse established age guidelines.
U-15 Born on or after 9/1/1996 (Birthdays between September 1, 1996 and August 31, 1998)

Apparel: Game Reversible Jersey, game shorts, shooting shirt, once team is decided.

Practice: Will start May 6th, however could be earlier depending on the coach - will be update later on.

Tournaments: Summer Slam May 19th-20th Richmond, Va - Charlotte Summer Classic June 2nd-3rd, Charlotte - Greensboro Lax Fest June 9th- 10th, Greensboro, - US Lacrosse Tournament June 16th-17th, Raleigh

Cost: $500.00 based on 22 players and 4 tournaments. Not including travel fees which is reponsibility of player.

Fees cover: coaches stipend, coaches travel expenses; Practice facility use fees; players insurance that covers the athlete when involved during our event. The opportunity to play in tournaments against top notch competition; Administration fees.

Like Reply Quote
schatzi Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thank You Anonymous, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Millon Force is one of the only web sites that tells it all, you had to go to Carolina.....eyeopening for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your welcome - and I like how it is $500 based on 22 players - sounds like if they add a player they would drop the cost...

I also like the cost

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard