BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: ESM Girls Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I also was alerted to this cowardly attempt to bully people into believing that those who stand on a pedestal and see fit to point anonymous fingers are in fact those "in the right". I do not have children in this school, but I did. I had children who were not just lucky to see the field but earned their playing time. That being said, I was not always a happy camper nor did I think their coaches walked on water because my kids played the sport that they loved. I did not approve of everything that went on with the teams and the coaches. I had a right to my opinion. If I had at any time felt that a coaches behavior was inappropriate, I would have taken some action. Would I have been wrong? No. Would another parent on the team have to agree with me? No. Did they have a right to disagree with me? Yes. If you don't agree with someone else's opinion or their actions, feel free to stand by your coach and support her with dignity instead of trashing people on an anonymous board. I don't need to post my name because I'm not hurting anyone with my post. I'm not calling one individual out as the previous posters have done. It's my point of view regarding what I have read. I think that good wins over evil and if there isn't any truth to what is being said about the coach then she will continue to be the coach. Have faith in your convictions instead of blaming someone who has a different opinion than yours.

Amen! The only thing I have against your post is that people were slandering the coach, so the cheap shots were becoming more and more frequent. While I do not personally agree with most of the coach's decisions, I understand that many parents do and that is their opinion, which they are entitled to.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am only asking because curious minds want to know, but is there a movement to fire the Varsity Coach from her coaching position? Has there been similar complaints about her coaching of the girls soccer team?

I think that would speak volumes if she either had similar complaints with her other varsity coaching position or not (does she treat and speak to her soccer players the same way that she is being accused of treating her lax players?); as to whether this is a coach problem (similar complaints from soccer and lax) or a politics problem (no complaints from soccer and complaints from lax).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't realize she was the soccer coach but then again, the EMS soccer team is not that good so it probably doesn't get mentioned.
That said, it is a fair question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am only asking because curious minds want to know, but is there a movement to fire the Varsity Coach from her coaching position? Has there been similar complaints about her coaching of the girls soccer team?

I think that would speak volumes if she either had similar complaints with her other varsity coaching position or not (does she treat and speak to her soccer players the same way that she is being accused of treating her lax players?); as to whether this is a coach problem (similar complaints from soccer and lax) or a politics problem (no complaints from soccer and complaints from lax).
there will always be someone who complains no matter what. There will always be someone who likes you and someone who doesn't. When we put ourselves out there you encounter all different responses from all different people. Today's youth are given everything they want and suffer from way to much entitlement. When I was younger if a coach yelled at you your parents didn't jump down there throat and blast them to get fired. Social media is a major problem too!! I personally think the youth director has done a great job growing the game and I believe BT has so much or offer these kids and this program. Her record proves that both what she has done in the standings w lacrosse and how many she has coached that are still playing in college. If she was that bad and rough the girls would have walked away a long time ago. T

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All coaches are employees of the district and as such should treat all the students regardless of an extra curiculum activity with respect and dignity.
The girls and boys lacrosse programs should not be treated any differently than the way a teacher would be if they spoke to a child in a demeaning or degrading manor.
The programs are and have been way out of control and no one should be fired over it, it should just be managed by the AD, Principal an Superintendent.
Because the lawsuit will effect the entire community as taxpayers.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All coaches are employees of the district and as such should treat all the students regardless of an extra curiculum activity with respect and dignity.
The girls and boys lacrosse programs should not be treated any differently than the way a teacher would be if they spoke to a child in a demeaning or degrading manor.
The programs are and have been way out of control and no one should be fired over it, it should just be managed by the AD, Principal an Superintendent.
Because the lawsuit will effect the entire community as taxpayers.

Best comment yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True that.
If BT and KH have friends and are as good as some people think, they will band together with the AD and take action as the Varsity Coaches and Athletic Director.
Hopefully they will read the previous post and keep the lax programs free and clear of any more adolescent drama or the court room.
Tryout make a team or get cut, earn your spot, stay out of trouble on and off the field for 4mos. Seem simple.
Degrading children as coaches, overbearing parents, hazing, nepotism, special consideration for admin children, drugs, alcohol and in appropriate social media actions do not foster the growth of any successful program.
People make mistakes, own it and move on.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
ESM 7 over Hauppauge 6

ESM is the 2015 Class B Suffolk County Champs.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
ESM 7 over Hauppauge 6

congrats to all the players and coaches it take a village to achieve great things. Each and every person whether starter or not has an important role in this win. You should ALL be proud!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM 7 over Hauppauge 6

nice for her to go out on a good note

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One guy is costing our community a lot of money . Every time we fire a coach it costs us

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM 7 over Hauppauge 6

why do you keep saying she is on her way out and if that is the case, who would be replacing her?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM 7 over Hauppauge 6

REALLY??? You have got to be kidding grow up!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM 7 over Hauppauge 6

why do you keep saying she is on her way out and if that is the case, who would be replacing her?

Get over yourself she is going no where and if she does then the program that gets her will be one lucky school!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM 7 over Hauppauge 6

Get over yourself she is going no where and if she does then the program that gets her will be one lucky school!!

Say goodbye! She goin bye bye....a college would probably be a good fit for her

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coming from an esm alumni,
I think this page is pathetic and a sad excuse for parents to bash on a great coach. I am sorry your daughters don't play as much as you think they should but BT does play the best and she plays to win. HENCE why she made it to the counties for four years now and won three times. It is weird now this is all coming out when people aren't getting playing time? and also weird that if you think college coaches won't yell at your kids... you're out of your mind! People may have different opinions about the coaching staff but ESM is an outstanding young program and only getting better with the dedication of the players and the coaching staff. It sucks seeing parents treat BT, let alone TREAT ANYBODY. like this and also act as if they are in high school with all the drama.... I wish the best of luck to the girls this Saturday, they deserve it, make history and bring home the first LIC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yup you're absolutely right ESM alum. that's just another selfish parent wining about their daughter's playing time and forgetting it's a team effort and that's how you win a championship. don't get frustrated a great majority of these lax parents feel they're entitled to something even though there may be a kid on the team that might be a little better than their child. they immediately blame the coach if their kid isn't getting on the field. heaven forbid they question their kid's skill and say hey maybe next year she'll work a little harder. here's the proposal I say to all of them. GET CERTIFIED AND COACH THE TEAM DOPE!! INSTEAD OF RUNNING YOUR MOUTH IN THE STANDS!!! YOU'RE RUINING THE GAME FOR THE REST OF THE PARENTS SITTING NEXT TO YOU JACK ASSES!!! Trust me when a coach gets to a championship or wins one they'll be back the following year bozo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good God you have mother's on your boys youth sports board!? first mistake. second off since when are mothers in the stands bitching.about their.son being the quarterback. youth and school sports these days is becoming a joke. parents, well moms (lol moms) you're ruining the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this page is pathetic and a sad excuse for parents to bash on a great coach. I am sorry your daughters don't play as much as you think they should but BT does play the best and she plays to win. HENCE why she made it to the counties for four years now and won three times. It is weird now this is all coming out when people aren't getting playing time? and also weird that if you think college coaches won't yell at your kids... you're out of your mind! People may have different opinions about the coaching staff but ESM is an outstanding young program and only getting better with the dedication of the players and the coaching staff. It sucks seeing parents treat BT, let alone TREAT ANYBODY. like this and also act as if they are in high school with all the drama.... I wish the best of luck to the girls this Saturday, they deserve it, make history and bring home the first LIC.

This has nothing to do with playing time, county championships, or a coach yelling at players. It's about living up to the requirements of an educator, and treating high school students with respect, and not bullying, humiliating, and berating them. There are ESM alumni who would paint a very different picture than yours. She can probably get away with stuff like that at a college, and do a great job there, but it's unacceptable at a public HS. The administration is gathering all the facts and will make a change for the welfare of the students.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow esm is disgusting huh? no wonder why you go through youth and varsity coaches like water. cuz the parents are nuts. I coached an eleven year old football game against ESM this past football season and we were winning 34-0 and we were kinda just asking the ref to end it but anyway we were watching the film of the game and the person filming it was in the ESM stands and all you could hear on the video were parents bashing the head football coach for ESM. it was absolutely disgusting. it's youth football losers how bout shaking the coach's hand after the game win or lose and saying thank you for teaching my son the game because I can't because I'm a moron

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
yup you're absolutely right ESM alum. that's just another selfish parent wining about their daughter's playing time and forgetting it's a team effort and that's how you win a championship. don't get frustrated a great majority of these lax parents feel they're entitled to something even though there may be a kid on the team that might be a little better than their child. they immediately blame the coach if their kid isn't getting on the field. heaven forbid they question their kid's skill and say hey maybe next year she'll work a little harder. here's the proposal I say to all of them. GET CERTIFIED AND COACH THE TEAM DOPE!! INSTEAD OF RUNNING YOUR MOUTH IN THE STANDS!!! YOU'RE RUINING THE GAME FOR THE REST OF THE PARENTS SITTING NEXT TO YOU JACK ASSES!!! Trust me when a coach gets to a championship or wins one they'll be back the following year bozo

Ask Coach Rotanz from SWR if your theory is accurate. That coach won ALOT. Including STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. Didn't make a difference. He was not rehired.
According to state directives on HS sports it's about participation and inclusion. NOT winning.
Winning is no longer a reason to keep a coach according to administrators. We will see what happens I suppose.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has nothing to do with playing time, county championships, or a coach yelling at players. It's about living up to the requirements of an educator, and treating high school students with respect, and not bullying, humiliating, and berating them. There are ESM alumni who would paint a very different picture than yours. She can probably get away with stuff like that at a college, and do a great job there, but it's unacceptable at a public HS. The administration is gathering all the facts and will make a change for the welfare of the students.

Gathering the facts? Here is one complaint voiced to admin "the coach didn't give a good speech to a player at an award ceremony" these are the types of things they're trying to get her removed for. There has been no bullying and if your child was bullied what kind of a parent leaves their kid in that environment? They're digging up stuff from four years ago and exaggerating it to serve their agenda. It doesn't matter. There are bigger things to worry about in this world. There are very few alumni that would go and complain but if anyone is bullying it is the parents still trying to get her removed and actually telling their kids what they need to say to admin to get her out. What are you teaching your children? Do you also go to guidance the first week of school and change every teacher you don't approve of or like? How will they survive in the real world? Whether the coach stays or goes she will go down as the best coach ESM had ever had and made history with these girls. You can spin it how ever you'd like but those are the facts and the truth. I feel sorry for you-you clearly have a very empty life. Counting down the days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask Coach Rotanz from SWR if your theory is accurate. That coach won ALOT. Including STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. Didn't make a difference. He was not rehired.
According to state directives on HS sports it's about participation and inclusion. NOT winning.
Winning is no longer a reason to keep a coach according to administrators. We will see what happens I suppose.

I don't think ESM coach should stay because she wins, she should stay because she's a great coach and teacher loved by most, and a few parents know what accusations to make to get her removed. They've used the same template three times now for three different coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gathering the facts? Here is one complaint voiced to admin "the coach didn't give a good speech to a player at an award ceremony" these are the types of things they're trying to get her removed for. There has been no bullying and if your child was bullied what kind of a parent leaves their kid in that environment? They're digging up stuff from four years ago and exaggerating it to serve their agenda. It doesn't matter. There are bigger things to worry about in this world. There are very few alumni that would go and complain but if anyone is bullying it is the parents still trying to get her removed and actually telling their kids what they need to say to admin to get her out. What are you teaching your children? Do you also go to guidance the first week of school and change every teacher you don't approve of or like? How will they survive in the real world? Whether the coach stays or goes she will go down as the best coach ESM had ever had and made history with these girls. You can spin it how ever you'd like but those are the facts and the truth. I feel sorry for you-you clearly have a very empty life. Counting down the days.

that's right - soon she'll be history and so will your controlling inner circle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
participation and inclusion....so it is about playing time? see? this parent is selfish the team could go winless but so longs her daughter was the star this parent is happy. give it a rest. and since when is a coach no longer not allowed to raise their voice. that's too much for you as well? wow! the fall of competitive youth and scholastic sports as we know it. listen if u think that coach is being fired.....throw your name in the hat next year for the job. I'm sure your coaching methods are much better. and I'm sure your girls lacrosse experience is top notch as well. you can start your daughter and have them throw the ball to her at the cage and she can shoot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
participation and inclusion....so it is about playing time? see? this parent is selfish the team could go winless but so longs her daughter was the star this parent is happy. give it a rest. and since when is a coach no longer not allowed to raise their voice. that's too much for you as well? wow! the fall of competitive youth and scholastic sports as we know it. listen if u think that coach is being fired.....throw your name in the hat next year for the job. I'm sure your coaching methods are much better. and I'm sure your girls lacrosse experience is top notch as well. you can start your daughter and have them throw the ball to her at the cage and she can shoot

it's been said multiple times by various people - it has nothing to do with playing time or a coach yelling. you don't get it. they already have a good candidate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the candidate should be u. why don't coach since you're spearheading this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it's been said multiple times by various people - it has nothing to do with playing time or a coach yelling. you don't get it. they already have a good candidate.

It's been said many times and contradicted by the same group of posters many times. Sounds like you have a good candidate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
participation and inclusion are not necessarily simply about playing time. At my daughter's school the subs often watch the starters practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's been said many times and contradicted by the same group of posters many times. Sounds like you have a good candidate.

yes there are definietly people on both sides of the situation. some are commenting here and some only to the administration.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

It's not the parents you should be concerned with regarding inclusion it's the policy makers in Albany and your district. Not knowing first hand if any of the allegations are factual I will say the State doesn't care about winning but rightfully cares about nurturing and teaching student/athletes. Building a winning team at the expense of players self esteem and future college opportunities is not something the State Education Dept and your district administrators want to align themselves with. I wish nothing but the best for all parties involved moving forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not the parents you should be concerned with regarding inclusion it's the policy makers in Albany and your district. Not knowing first hand if any of the allegations are factual I will say the State doesn't care about winning but rightfully cares about nurturing and teaching student/athletes. Building a winning team at the expense of players self esteem and future college opportunities is not something the State Education Dept and your district administrators want to align themselves with. I wish nothing but the best for all parties involved moving forward.

your 2nd to last sentence was phrased perfectly and is what's at the heart of this issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree 100% with your post. The issues are a little more complicated and it comes down to he said/she said. And for some reason one parent's word is worth more than all the others, players included. From what I understand they didn't even contact any current players on the team, they contacted players that graduated two years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so next year if the team goes 0-16 that will be fun right? so longs everyone gets even playing time right? listen I get lets have fun and yay for inclusion but it's unrealistic. I've been coaching for a long time and I've coached some championship teams and some bad teams as well. and I can tell you flat out I saw plenty of smiles on those winning teams. on those losing teams I didn't see a lot of that. it wasn't fun. losing isn't fun. it becomes demoralizing. I bet if u put ten young athletes in a room and took a poll and asked is losing fun, ten of them would say no. stop the bs. the people who act the way you're acting I guarantee with my life daughters aren't getting much playing time. tell the damn truth already stop dancing around it.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
so next year if the team goes 0-16 that will be fun right? so longs everyone gets even playing time right? listen I get lets have fun and yay for inclusion but it's unrealistic. I've been coaching for a long time and I've coached some championship teams and some bad teams as well. and I can tell you flat out I saw plenty of smiles on those winning teams. on those losing teams I didn't see a lot of that. it wasn't fun. losing isn't fun. it becomes demoralizing. I bet if u put ten young athletes in a room and took a poll and asked is losing fun, ten of them would say no. stop the bs. the people who act the way you're acting I guarantee with my life daughters aren't getting much playing time. tell the damn truth already stop dancing around it.

To whom are you referring to?
The State and the administration adopted the inclusion "trophy for all" philosophy long ago. Since they make the rules I presume these parents have a legit argument if their allegations are correct.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you missed the point completely. if you don't get it by now, you never will, so it doesn't really matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's a dumb policy. inclusion. and I'm coaching football and lacrosse 30 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok so seriously what's the point. in summary. and did your daughter get much playing time this season. if not why

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this is completely ridiculous and I will strongly voice my opinion in favor of BT. Why wouldn't they ask current players, future players and players who graduated last year. Let's be honest we all know only 2 players graduated last year and everyone knows exactly how they both felt for BT both personally and as a coach...as well as the 1 player who quit from that class. Ask a larger group...last years class...2012 class. I'm sure they will all be willing to give opinions, I see even the ones who got little playing time from previous years still showing up to support the program so I highly think they feel any remorse towards BT or her program. It's one persons vendetta causing this issue and asking others to join the mission like a large cancer tumor there may be no cure to kill it...but we can certainly speak our mind and help heal the situation!!

I agree 100% with your post. The issues are a little more complicated and it comes down to he said/she said. And for some reason one parent's word is worth more than all the others, players included. From what I understand they didn't even contact any current players on the team, they contacted players that graduated two years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For somebody from the outside looking in, this is just as crazy as the SWR thread last year. What gives in the water out that way? Something to do with the power plant? You do realize that outside of your little bubble that this program is pretty insignificant in the regional landscape. I can't believe the mommies in this district have so much time to be obsessed with the issue. I barely heard of this district (had to Google it to see if it was legit) before stumbling into this thread and my daughter recently finished playing in one of the nationally ranked programs in Nassau. ESM is where? Nowhere. Give it a rest.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard