BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 111 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now you're a mind reader and you know that the Chaminade and St. Anthony's coaches don't want any other Catholic High School teams to play at their level. Please let me know what else these coaches have told you, of course, you know because you are a mind reader!

Why don't you enjoy the playoffs and write a book in your spare time.

So then why don't they bring the other Catholic schools into the Express fold? Or could it be they don't want to divide the pie up into anymore pieces? Best of both worlds. $$ and Championships!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been around this school a long time. I have relationships with a fair number of their admin. and coaches (not Really with Jack beyond he would recognize me as an active guy at the school). Here are some of my views.

A. More competition from the rest of the CHSAA would be welcomed, but they realize if a kid is a stud lax player and is inclined to go Catholic they aren't going to go to a school not named Chaminade or St. Anthony's. They aren't afraid of the competition and it would only help national rankings.

B. Express is certainly an important tool for both CHSAA big boys. Both schools have an early look at youngsters, and conversely kids and parents get to see both schools coaches up close. This familiarity must, coupled with public v private, shape the decisions. If you want to call this recruiting I think that's a reach.

C. Is playing Exress a prerequisite to playing time. Nonsense. Yeah, the Express kids have relationships that may give them a head start but as more programs develop history has shown plenty of non_Express kids have been impact players.

D. Do these coaches play politics? I think it is more that they sometimes fall in love with kids, spotting potential, and may stay with them perhaps to the detriment of some other kids playing time. Sometimes they are right, and sometimes the potential isn't reached.

E. The fact that kids take trains from Suffolk is irrelevant. The choice to take a train to go to the school you want to isn't the kid's/parent's call. As a Chaminade guy the only thing that tells me is St. a's should question why? Not many kids from Nassau going the other way.

Yeah I know, that was uncalled for. Hahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I they took a black eye on the holdback sham

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now you're a mind reader and you know that the Chaminade and St. Anthony's coaches don't want any other Catholic High School teams to play at their level. Please let me know what else these coaches have told you, of course, you know because you are a mind reader!

So then why don't they bring the other Catholic schools into the Express fold? Or could it be they don't want to divide the pie up into anymore pieces? Best of both worlds. $$ and Championships!!

wow that's a change. normally people are saying that Kellenberg is in the fold because of Director MS. A number of St Dom's kids play Express as well. If you think these 2 coaches don't want a stronger catholic league you couldn't be more wrong. In fact they are around at tournaments all summer and are recognizable. Why don't you walk up and ask them. They went to playing more non - league games exactly because they recognized that the league was getting weaker as a whole and wanted to keep helping their kids be challenged and grow as players. If you think its anything else you then you don't know either of these 2 coaches at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been around this school a long time. I have relationships with a fair number of their admin. and coaches (not Really with Jack beyond he would recognize me as an active guy at the school). Here are some of my views.

A. More competition from the rest of the CHSAA would be welcomed, but they realize if a kid is a stud lax player and is inclined to go Catholic they aren't going to go to a school not named Chaminade or St. Anthony's. They aren't afraid of the competition and it would only help national rankings.

B. Express is certainly an important tool for both CHSAA big boys. Both schools have an early look at youngsters, and conversely kids and parents get to see both schools coaches up close. This familiarity must, coupled with public v private, shape the decisions. If you want to call this recruiting I think that's a reach.

C. Is playing Exress a prerequisite to playing time. Nonsense. Yeah, the Express kids have relationships that may give them a head start but as more programs develop history has shown plenty of non_Express kids have been impact players.

D. Do these coaches play politics? I think it is more that they sometimes fall in love with kids, spotting potential, and may stay with them perhaps to the detriment of some other kids playing time. Sometimes they are right, and sometimes the potential isn't reached.

E. The fact that kids take trains from Suffolk is irrelevant. The choice to take a train to go to the school you want to isn't the kid's/parent's call. As a Chaminade guy the only thing that tells me is St. a's should question why? Not many kids from Nassau going the other way.

Yeah I know, that was uncalled for. Hahahaha

Getting to Chaminade is a lot easier than getting to St. A's no matter which county you live in, unless you have a car and can drive.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow that's a change. normally people are saying that Kellenberg is in the fold because of Director MS. A number of St Dom's kids play Express as well. If you think these 2 coaches don't want a stronger catholic league you couldn't be more wrong. In fact they are around at tournaments all summer and are recognizable. Why don't you walk up and ask them. They went to playing more non - league games exactly because they recognized that the league was getting weaker as a whole and wanted to keep helping their kids be challenged and grow as players. If you think its anything else you then you don't know either of these 2 coaches at all

Look at the standings, St Johns is probably closest to being competitive, but they don't get nearly the number of kids to truly threaten. I did hear that they brought in some new coaches. As a former St Anthony's grad, I liked when Trinity and SJB could win every so often. This put two teams in the championship before the season starts is lamentable. Go Friars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's actually the problem. They play the express kids at the other schools because of helmets. Most times they are the B and C players. The A players play at chamniade or st Anthony's or stay at public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the standings, St Johns is probably closest to being competitive, but they don't get nearly the number of kids to truly threaten. I did hear that they brought in some new coaches. As a former St Anthony's grad, I liked when Trinity and SJB could win every so often. This put two teams in the championship before the season starts is lamentable. Go Friars.

cause they have always been thought of as a baseball school

I agree - Go Friars!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the JV score of yesterday's Chaminade/Anthony's game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure your asking because you know alresdy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it really matter? I'll make a prediction. When the JV kids are on Varsity, St Anthonys and Chaminade will meet in the championship. You looking for JV bragging rights??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree the poster knows damn well who won jv game. Hope the backups played

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was a very good game played by both teams with D1 coaches in attendance. Chaminade was victorious on that given day. Best of luck to both teams and all the players involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There you go. Nice compliment on well played game then the D1 coaches in attendance mention. Really who cares?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There you go. Nice compliment on well played game then the D1 coaches in attendance mention. Really who cares?!

You clearly don't so why are you lurking on the Chaminade thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not lurking in fact I'm a huge Flyer fan. My point is that people ,
who dwell on D1 coaches watching jv games are hurting the sport. If you think that that's relevant you are just parroting what others say.
Just don't get what that has to do with game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You clearly don't so why are you lurking on the Chaminade thread?

Don't think anyone is lurking, there will be triple that amount of coaches at the county championships and Suffolk /Nassau games, unfortunately privates are not eligible for those!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha... I was sincerely just looking to hear the score. No bragging nothing. Chaminade Lax Alum and just wanted to know the outcome of the game. This is a Chaminade thread, correct? The JV Chaminade Coach was the most influential teacher/coach I had there.
The Lacrosse world has gone mad and the people in it are not so cool anymore! Lol....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All those D1 coaches offering a little piece of 12.9 scholarships. Spread out among 30 student athletes. D1 lacrosse is a 50 hour week, before classes start. Sounds like fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are 100% correct. d1 is full time job. carefull what you wish for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All those D1 coaches offering a little piece of 12.9 scholarships. Spread out among 30 student athletes. D1 lacrosse is a 50 hour week, before classes start. Sounds like fun.

This is a lacrosse site. Many kids want that challenge. Many kids competing for those spots. Why is that a bad thing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not a bad thing. But remember D1 coaches loyalty lies with their paycheck. Not your kid. The kids get used up and spit out when their usefulness runs out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha... I was sincerely just looking to hear the score. No bragging nothing. Chaminade Lax Alum and just wanted to know the outcome of the game. This is a Chaminade thread, correct? The JV Chaminade Coach was the most influential teacher/coach I had there.
The Lacrosse world has gone mad and the people in it are not so cool anymore! Lol....

They won 15 - 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't worry about the score. what was the D 1 count? D2? D3?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good job, St Anthony's LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it really matter? I'll make a prediction. When the JV kids are on Varsity, St Anthonys and Chaminade will meet in the championship. You looking for JV bragging rights??

Of course they will meet in the championship ..after these two teams there is really no competition left ..The drop off is huge..it is a two game season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they will meet in the championship ..after these two teams there is really no competition left ..The drop off is huge..it is a two game season

St Anthony's should have no excuse for not winning every year. At least you need grades to get into Chaminade 8-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade won ? But Mike Quick Mr know it all said Chaminade had no chance of winning and he was going to crown St Anthonys #1 team on LI because he is saying Mass will lose upstate.

He picked all 3 games wrong this season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hows Chammy Jv squad? the rising sophs gonna put /keep them back at the top next year (varsity)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sophs had an excellent team this year. Tangredi (Harvard commit) and Chmil (Duke commit) are excellent players. However, it is always difficult to tell how sophs will translate on the varsity level. At many schools, public and private, top 10th graders get moved up to varsity. As a result, Chaminade sophs often do not get tested against a very good schedule. This past year, not too many juniors made large contributions on the offensive side of the ball. Next year's varsity squad will need some offensive help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will they cut the seniors ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hows Chammy Jv squad? the rising sophs gonna put /keep them back at the top next year (varsity)?

They are a very good group of players, very deep team. There are currently 8 starters that have a verbal to D1 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can Moran sit back and allow Under Armour to leave off Chaminade players. Isn't he the coach of the U18 team so he knows the people at Under Armour. What a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can Moran sit back and allow Under Armour to leave off Chaminade players. Isn't he the coach of the U18 team so he knows the people at Under Armour. What a joke

Agree. Cham. Had some great senior talent this year. Very surprised at this. Does anyone know who is on this committee? Maybe putting (7) Chamm players on last years underclass team was a bit much? input?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St Anthony's should have no excuse for not winning every year. At least you need grades to get into Chaminade 8-)

You don't need grades, you need to pass a simple test and Cham has 450 boys per grade to select from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You don't need grades, you need to pass a simple test and Cham has 450 boys per grade to select from."

There is no passing or failing the test. Generally speaking, you need to get one of the top scores on a test taken by hundreds and hundreds of boys in order to get into the school.

In recent years, I know eight boys who left Chaminade or Anthony's after their freshman year because of lack of playing time. Every single player who left made varsity at their public high school as sophs and received substantial playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are a very good group of players, very deep team. There are currently 8 starters that have a verbal to D1 schools.

What schools?
Harvard
Duke
Air Force
Fairfield
what others?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You don't need grades, you need to pass a simple test and Cham has 450 boys per grade to select from."

There is no passing or failing the test. Generally speaking, you need to get one of the top scores on a test taken by hundreds and hundreds of boys in order to get into the school.

In recent years, I know eight boys who left Chaminade or Anthony's after their freshman year because of lack of playing time. Every single player who left made varsity at their public high school as sophs and received substantial playing time.

They accept to 15-20%.
Not a "simple" exam.

some students leave Cham (were asked to leave/expelled) not for lack of PT but because of discipline issues.

Lastly, one student left public joined St A for better spot.
that is not the case for Cham.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
slight change to subject if I may....why is it that teams like ST DOM'S, OR IONA PREP (are they legit?)(AA) plays in a state tournament while Chaminade cant play anyone but Ants each year and its over?
no way anyone should be declaring themselves state champs if they essentially have 2 league games and a 3rd go round vs Ants .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What schools?
Harvard
Duke
Air Force
Fairfield
what others?

A few other great school's (academics and lacrosse) not my kids so not my place to say but all the team knows which.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 111 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard