BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Huntington Girls Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The bullies sound like the parents who can't understand why there kids don't play and don't win. Of course everybody and anybody can do a better job. So typical, and always the case, when a season doesn't turn out like expected. Ultimately the girls are responsible for the outcome. Sounds to me as if this team was maybe a little, or maybe alot overrated!

Overrated? Who expected them to compete in this division? Huntington parents? I think they performed right on par with what was expected from a non Huntington perspective.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm not from huntington or esm but it definietly sounds like both coaches need to be replaced

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just reading this post and the incredible stupidity of it. Anyone who knows Huntington and the AD, it just proves how uncredible this whole thread really is.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
I placed a call to the district. The AD, his first name is George (I didn't get his last name) asked how he could help me...I told him I was helping him and did he read what's being written...George says he and the Supt., and Board president do not read anonymous blogs, and he hung up the phone as I started to build this little tenured [lacrosse] an [lacrosse]...good luck with the district AD...maybe he's porking this coach? Ya' never know smile

The AD is a woman. Her name is Georgia McCarthy.

She sure sounded like George to me!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah right! if they were still playing for the county championship, I'm pretty sure this crying wouldn't be happening. Funny how this thread got started , after they lost to a team that has arguably the best girl on all the island. She dominated them. It happens. That's sports. And keep making excuses why they lost, and keep crying foul. You parents are creating a scapegoat. That's a fact! Get a grip, and change your diapers. X

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
The bullies sound like the parents who can't understand why there kids don't play and don't win. Of course everybody and anybody can do a better job. So typical, and always the case, when a season doesn't turn out like expected. Ultimately the girls are responsible for the outcome. Sounds to me as if this team was maybe a little, or maybe alot overrated!

Have you read ANY of the posts from parents who are reaching for some help for the kids here. I have not heard anything about wins or losses as it pertains to the apparent behavior of the coach and her "tactics". I suggest you read even the most recent posts and comment accordingly.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
I placed a call to the district. The AD, his first name is George (I didn't get his last name) asked how he could help me...I told him I was helping him and did he read what's being written...George says he and the Supt., and Board president do not read anonymous blogs, and he hung up the phone as I started to build this little tenured [lacrosse] an [lacrosse]...good luck with the district AD...maybe he's porking this coach? Ya' never know smile

The AD is a woman. Her name is Georgia McCarthy.

She sure sounded like George to me!!

Possibly Georgia McCarthy needs to be dealt with by her superiors. Perhaps the parents need to band together and take this to the State. Perhaps this type of behavior has been accepted for so long that they feel they are above caring for your children's welfare.
THEY WORK FOR YOU TAXPAYERS AFTER ALL.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Yeah right! if they were still playing for the county championship, I'm pretty sure this crying wouldn't be happening. Funny how this thread got started , after they lost to a team that has arguably the best girl on all the island. She dominated them. It happens. That's sports. And keep making excuses why they lost, and keep crying foul. You parents are creating a scapegoat. That's a fact! Get a grip, and change your diapers. X

Again, Have you read ANY of the posts from parents who are reaching for some help for the kids here. I have not heard anything about wins or losses as it pertains to the apparent behavior of the coach and her "tactics". I suggest you read even the most recent posts and comment accordingly.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KW is now coaching the 4th grade Yellow Jackets B team. I can't imagine these tactics would be tolerated for 9 and 10 year olds. Is she different with these young girls compared to the Huntington team? Has anyone seen her with the little YJ's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Her "tactics" are all speculative. Nothing proven. Perception is a dangerous thing. Everybody has there own way of looking at things. So get over it and move on!! I truly think this group of parents will never be happy. Just waiting for the next person to blame when your daughters aren't treated the way you expect. Good luck with that!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
KW is now coaching the 4th grade Yellow Jackets B team. I can't imagine these tactics would be tolerated for 9 and 10 year olds. Is she different with these young girls compared to the Huntington team? Has anyone seen her with the little YJ's?

What a shock! This KW person, BTW, what is her full name, being on board the Carol Rose train is painting quite an image to me of the situation.

Any way, what is this chick's name? KW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a shock! This KW person, BTW, what is her full name, being on board the Carol Rose train is painting quite an image to me of the situation.

Kathleen Wright

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kathleen Wright

And look who her partner is at 2023, can't make this stuff up!

YJ 2023 Rebecca Thorn ESM

YJ 2023 Wright Huntington HS

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I know in my district we had a coach who was terrible. It was another sport and bullying wasn't an issue but other things were. Parents talked to the AD for YEARS to dislodge her to no avail. There were two issues behind this:

1. she was a teacher in the district and blah blah blah. They can stay in a coaching job as long as they want it, no one wanted to ruffle feathers, she feels she has a handle on things now, etc.

2. it turned out the coach had a connection to the AD. Aha! It was one of those twisted "AD's mother was godmother to coach's aunt" kind of things, but that's how she got the job and that's how she kept the job. She didn't leave until it was her decision.

Huntington, it seems you've got a real mess on your hands, and it's going to have to become messier if you want to effect a change. You parents are going to have to escalate if you want results. ADs are there for the students but they are also there for their coaches, as it seems is certainly the case in your town. It is very hard to get rid of a coach if that coach does not want to go. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kathleen Wright

I would be careful here, everything that is written on this blog is subject to the law. What you are all doing is libelous. You may think you are anonymous on this site but you are not. The false accusations you have made here are actionable. They can find out who you are. You can not defame someone's name because you are having a hissy fit because your daughter doesn't play lacrosse.

Oh, and by the way, for those who are complaining, lacrosse is a VOLUNTARY ACTIVITY. If your daughter can't take a little aggressive coaching tell her to stop playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kathleen Wright

Also coaches her daughters 2020 team yj , but hername is not listed due to politics

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

Kathleen Wright

I would be careful here, everything that is written on this blog is subject to the law. What you are all doing is libelous. You may think you are anonymous on this site but you are not. The false accusations you have made here are actionable. They can find out who you are. You can not defame someone's name because you are having a hissy fit because your daughter doesn't play lacrosse.

Oh, and by the way, for those who are complaining, lacrosse is a VOLUNTARY ACTIVITY. If your daughter can't take a little aggressive coaching tell her to stop playing.

There is nothing libelous here that I have seen. This all seems to be opinion. The district was contacted by me and they (Georgiana or Georgina McCarthy) declined to look at the site. She also stated that the board, supt., or herself do not read anonymous blogs. Do not be intimidated about being sued. The only person they know of is me and they won't start with me smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kathleen Wright

That's really sound advice for someone who has aspirations to play in college!!! You cannot just quit your HS team and not have a college coach question that. That is a stupid comment. The responsibility lies with the coach to conduct herself professionally and as an adult. I have no affiliation with Huntington lacrosse but for you posters telling these girls to quit...that just makes you sound ignorant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kathleen Wright

That is unbelievable! These two coaches are being accused of all the same types of bullying and abuse, and they actually coach together for YJ? Wow, you're right - you can't make this stuff up!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now there trying to stop free speech with scare tactics? probably the most libelous post ive seen goes way back but it was the attack on the elevate director and his daughter- extreme venom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kathleen Wright

That's really sound advice for someone who has aspirations to play in college!!! You cannot just quit your HS team and not have a college coach question that. That is a stupid comment. The responsibility lies with the coach to conduct herself professionally and as an adult. I have no affiliation with Huntington lacrosse but for you posters telling these girls to quit...that just makes you sound ignorant.

You hit it right on the head - people defending what this coach is being accused of are ignorant!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the complaints on this thread were about the supposive tactics of the coach. Not about wins, losses or playing time. Guess not. Just about wanting to [lacrosse]. Btw you need good defenders to actually play defense. That was the problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the complaints on this thread were about the supposive tactics of the coach. Not about wins, losses or playing time. Guess not. Just about wanting to [lacrosse]. Btw you need good defenders to actually play defense. That was the problem.

has nothing to do with wins, losses, or playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

has nothing to do with wins, losses, or playing time.

Funny- a defender just told me that when she went into the game, she checked with both coaches and asked what defense they were running. Both told her they didn't know. Stop criticizing the players. They do what they are told and the coaches don't have a clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now there trying to stop free speech with scare tactics? probably the most libelous post ive seen goes way back but it was the attack on the elevate director and his daughter- extreme venom

I do not know if any of fhese statements are accurate or not, but I think the post was accurate. Libel as defined within the law: To publish in print, writing or broadcast through radio, television or film an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or their reputation by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt by others. I just think folks should be careful to protect themselves. There are better and more constructive avenues to pursue in order to protect your children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll stop criticizing the players when you stop holding the coaches accountable for everything that goes wrong on field. Players need to be accountable as well. You just want to rant on the coach. It's a two way street. Looking at their record the last two years something went right. Oh that was all the players when they won, I'm sure they weren't told what to then as well. Typical finger pointing from the same people. Yawn!!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
I'll stop criticizing the players when you stop holding the coaches accountable for everything that goes wrong on field. Players need to be accountable as well. You just want to rant on the coach. It's a two way street. Looking at their record the last two years something went right. Oh that was all the players when they won, I'm sure they weren't told what to then as well. Typical finger pointing from the same people. Yawn!!

No...you'll stop criticizing the players now.

The coach is an adult and an employee of a public school and therefore a public figure charged with maintaining the welfare of her players while in her charge. The opinions of the parents of these minors concerning her alleged behavior will be posted.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only thing that went right is she was handed a talented group of girls to coach. This year the wheels came off because she is so clueless. The girls would have been better off coaching themselves- they know what to do. Coach sabotaged their success over and over again and then blamed the girls. But don't worry! She has big plans for next year! Already telling girls they are not wanted any more because her jv players are so strong! People have been talking about this conflict of interests for years and now here it is. Get ready Huntington. You think you have problems now? Wait until KW has all of her YJ superstars playing. Her moving this many 7th graders up was so unprecedented (and supported by our AD) that the board had to quickly pass a new law forbidding it in the future. What a nightmare.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off, I would like to say that KW is a self-centered, heartless coach who solely acts for personal gain (i.e. exploiting the youth of our town, especially those in seventh grade who were forced to pay KW directly in order to try out for a high school level team). As a public school, this is extremely unfair because our girls should have an equal opportunity to succeed without digging into their own pockets. Secondly, it is to my understanding that individual meetings had been carried out with Coach W and the feedback is unsettling to say the least. It has been said that Coach W when on tangents stating that these teenage girls were "fat","nonathletic and worthless","Should quit the team and stop trying immediately", and "Should resort to a managerial position because the chance of playing will never arise". As a concerned party, I affirm that bullying to this extent should be carried out with the utmost severity and if terms such as those above were placed on social media or amongst teenagers we would discussing suspension or expulsion without hesitation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing being sabotaged is this coaches reputation, because your daughter and her club team friends didn't get the time you think they deserved. Your actions turning the small group of girls against there team, and there coach was so apparent and disgusting. Look in the mirror. Your underground network created this. Just what you wanted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off, I would like to say that KW is a self-centered, heartless coach who solely acts for personal gain (i.e. exploiting the youth of our town, especially those in seventh grade who were forced to pay KW directly in order to try out for a high school level team). As a public school, this is extremely unfair because our girls should have an equal opportunity to succeed without digging into their own pockets. Secondly, it is to my understanding that individual meetings had been carried out with Coach W and the feedback is unsettling to say the least. It has been said that Coach W when on tangents stating that these teenage girls were "fat","nonathletic and worthless","Should quit the team and stop trying immediately", and "Should resort to a managerial position because the chance of playing will never arise". As a concerned party, I affirm that bullying to this extent should be carried out with the utmost severity and if terms such as those above were placed on social media or amongst teenagers we would discussing suspension or expulsion without hesitation.

What is stated above regarding libel should be considered very carefully by this poster. The above rant is so far from the truth, it is an outright lie. First of all, we know who you are, and you don't have a daughter on the Varsity. Stop complaining because your daughter did not make the JV team. As an attorney, you should know better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hop just to keep things in perspective, is this two people over and over ? is it one person for the kids side and 10 for the coaches? is it 10 for the kids and 1 for the coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds similar to ESM accusations!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

The coach is an adult and an employee of a public school and therefore a public figure charged with maintaining the welfare of her players while in her charge. The opinions of the parents of these minors concerning her alleged behavior will be posted.

Hop, it is disconcerting that you, as the moderator, not only seem to join in with these parents, who are ruining the reputation of this woman with outright lies to further their own agenda, but are defending their behavior. Also, even more interesting is that I commented about this same thing yesterday and somehow it did not get posted to this thread. I am not one to believe in conspiracy's but that seems suspicious, don't you think??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7th graders were forced to "pay" kW for the chance to try out???? I'm sure that is not true.. Any middle school child can try out for JV. Read the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please present in more detail the outright lies being told by those with agendas so that this forum can make a more informed decision about the coaches standing in all of this. Proveable lies to the extent that you can. Truth is important

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User

Hop, it is disconcerting that you, as the moderator, not only seem to join in with these parents, who are ruining the reputation of this woman with outright lies to further their own agenda, but are defending their behavior. Also, even more interesting is that I commented about this same thing yesterday and somehow it did not get posted to this thread. I am not one to believe in conspiracy's but that seems suspicious, don't you think??????

Anonymous,
I think your an idiot if you think it's ok for the person who said they will continue to criticize players because the coach is under scrutiny. Players are minors. Coach is an adult and public school employee. Further, I find it humorous that you accuse me of defending anyone's point of view when I simply defend their right to have an opinion. Big difference.

Also, I will defend anyone's right to call out someone who some contributors feel may be mistreating kids. In addition I'm suspicious of an AD who hangs up on BOTC owner Larry Miller when he calls to try and help shed light on an apparent run away train.
Lastly, you can take your conspiracy theory and suspicions somewhere else and maybe read some of the posts from many people with seemingly real concerns.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
Hop just to keep things in perspective, is this two people over and over ? is it one person for the kids side and 10 for the coaches? is it 10 for the kids and 1 for the coaches?

There are many contributors to this topic. The defenders appear to be in the minority however.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Defenders of the coach are the minority, correct?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anonymous,
I think your an idiot if you think it's ok for the person who said they will continue to criticize players because the coach is under scrutiny. Players are minors. Coach is an adult and public school employee. Further, I find it humorous that you accuse me of defending anyone's point of view when I simply defend their right to have an opinion. Big difference.

Also, I will defend anyone's right to call out someone who some contributors feel may be mistreating kids. In addition I'm suspicious of an AD who hangs up on BOTC owner Larry Miller when he calls to try and help shed light on an apparent run away train.
Lastly, you can take your conspiracy theory and suspicions somewhere else and maybe read some of the posts from many people with seemingly real concerns.

Hop,

You seem to be the one with a reading comprehension problem. I criticized YOU for joining with the PARENTS in criticizing this coach, I said nothing about any of the players (you can re-read my post). Also, you should re-read your posts, where you are calling out anyone who dares to defend this woman and encouraging these parents to seek recourse (frankly, if the accusations are true-I am sure they do not need you to tell them what to do).

As for your accusation that you feel compelled to call out anyone who is mistreating kids, well that's very noble, but do you know if these accusations are true? No you do not.

Also, why is Larry Miller calling the AD based on what is written on an anonymous blog? Why would she even dignify that?? She did the correct thing by not speaking to him. All districts have very strict policy's regarding speaking to outside sources including the media (which I hesitate to call BOC). This site is not Newsday, you don't deserve a conversation with the AD, nor should you get one.

Finally, but most importantly, I will assume you do not live in Huntington. I do. You read accusations on here and think you have an idea of what is going on. You don't. This is the work of a small group of parents that feel, for whatever reason, disenfranchised by this coach. The accusations of bullying, screaming, telling the kids they are no good. They are false. If you sat in the stands for a varsity game you would see this group of parents, but if you didn't see them you would be able to hear them and the venom they are spewing towards this coach. You would also see them give the 'solidarity' sign to their kids (who give it back from the field). They want her out, and they will stop at nothing to make that happen.

The bottom line is this. If it isn't this coach, it will be the next coach this group will have a problem with. Just because posters come on this site and say something does not mean they a) do not have an agenda b) are being truthful.

As for my conspiracy theory, I believe it's still valid. You never posted my earlier comments questioning your motives. However, after I changed my post you put it up. Only after I removed the part where I questioned your objectivity as it relates to a major advertiser on this site and how your affiliation with them may cloud your objectivity.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard