BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
Re: 2015 NPYLL Score and Results
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The
The regular season is over. Here is how the clubs' AA teams did overall in the Hoco & NPYLL. (Note: sometimes the AA level is just called A or -blank- depending on league & age)

Clubs - Total top level teams - W-L-T - Win%
Crabs with 4 AA Teams: 23-5-0 : 82%
FCA with 6 AA Teams: 28-8-0 : 77%
Diamondbacks with 5 AA Teams: 21-9-0 : 70%
Madlax with 4 AA Teams: 18-9-0 : 66%
Thunder with 3 AA Teams: 12-6-0 : 66%
Annapolis Hawks with 6 AA Teams: 26-15-0 : 63%
Bethesda with 6 AA Teams: 25-15-0 : 62%
Rough Riders with 4 AA Teams: 15-9-0 : 62%
Green Hornets with 3 AA Teams: 10-8-0 : 55%
Looney's with 8 AA Teams: 24-21-1 : 53%
Breakers with 6 AA Teams: 20-21-0 : 48%
Lax World with 3 AA Teams: 8-10-0 : 44%
Cannons with 5 AA Teams: 14-19-0 : 42%
Kooper's with 5 AA Teams: 12-19-0 : 38%
Rock with 4 AA Teams: 9-15-0 : 37%
Club Blue with 5 AA Teams: 12-23-0 : 34%
HoCo with 4 AA Teams: 7-15-0 : 31%
Next Level with 6 AA Teams: 8-32-0 : 20%
Lax Factory with 3 AA Teams: 3-15-1 : 18%

So AA in HoCo counts same as AA in NPYLL?
Okay, what does this mean?

With the exception of FCA, the winning percentages would be greatly reduced if those teams played in the NPYLL

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think once again it proves Crabs are the best top to bottom ...as usual.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with this commit but we just have to wait for the summer tournaments to compare when they play each other. I see that there is 3 HOCO teams playing in the Madlax tournament one in the AA div. Can anyone find another tournament where there are HOCO and NPYLL teams playing together?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with this commit but we just have to wait for the summer tournaments to compare when they play each other. I see that there is 3 HOCO teams playing in the Madlax tournament one in the AA div. Can anyone find another tournament where there are HOCO and NPYLL teams playing together?

How would you rank the teams playing 2020 AA in the Madlax tournament (FCA, Hoco, Madlax, Club Blue and mdextreme) prior to the tournament? I understand it will be much clearer afterwords.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait until the divisions are set for the Hawks tournaments and look at the caliber of teams in the division that he puts the Hawks teams in, then look at the caliber of the teams in the competing divisions. He does it year after year.

Don't forget that the Administrator of the league is the guy that owns the Hawks!!! Of course they got in! That's how all his summer tournaments work to.

According to my coach, teams in are cannons vs hawks, Madlax vs breakers

Below is pasted from the NPYLL website. I'd like someone to explain to me, based on this, how Hawks would be in over Crabs. The important part is the section on 3 way ties. Bethesda is eliminated first in any scenario making it head to head between Hawks/Crabs.

Ties in standings are resolved as follows:
1. Head to head result
2. Goals against vs. common opponents
3. Goal differential vs. common opponents
4. Goal against over all
5. Goal differential over all
6. Coin flip

If there are 3 or more teams tied, once one team is removed from the tie, the remaining teams will return to the first criteria to determine tie breaker for those remaining teams.

I read it as Head to Head first, if that doesn't settle it then the team with fewest goals allowed would have the tiebreaker. I don't think one person makes these decisions, I would hope not anyway.

You are ignoring the final part about the three team tie. It says after removing one team, go to first criteria. They removed Crabs and Bethesda using goals against and just made Hawks the 4 seed. If they removed one team as the rule states, they remove Bethesda and go to first criteria for remaining teams. Crabs beat Hawks. End of story. Crabs got screwed.

So for poster that has known Matt for 25 years and wants one example. There you go. Hawks got put in playoffs against the rules of the league he runs.

Just because you interpret something one way, doesn't mean the other person is wrong. I don't think Matt made any of these decisions by himself, so I am that poster and I would still like an example of a summer tournament where he has screwed someone. That was the original post.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget that the Administrator of the league is the guy that owns the Hawks!!! Of course they got in! That's how all his summer tournaments work to.

According to my coach, teams in are cannons vs hawks, Madlax vs breakers

Below is pasted from the NPYLL website. I'd like someone to explain to me, based on this, how Hawks would be in over Crabs. The important part is the section on 3 way ties. Bethesda is eliminated first in any scenario making it head to head between Hawks/Crabs.

Ties in standings are resolved as follows:
1. Head to head result
2. Goals against vs. common opponents
3. Goal differential vs. common opponents
4. Goal against over all
5. Goal differential over all
6. Coin flip

If there are 3 or more teams tied, once one team is removed from the tie, the remaining teams will return to the first criteria to determine tie breaker for those remaining teams.

I read it as Head to Head first, if that doesn't settle it then the team with fewest goals allowed would have the tiebreaker. I don't think one person makes these decisions, I would hope not anyway.

You are ignoring the final part about the three team tie. It says after removing one team, go to first criteria. They removed Crabs and Bethesda using goals against and just made Hawks the 4 seed. If they removed one team as the rule states, they remove Bethesda and go to first criteria for remaining teams. Crabs beat Hawks. End of story. Crabs got screwed.

So for poster that has known Matt for 25 years and wants one example. There you go. Hawks got put in playoffs against the rules of the league he runs.

Just because you interpret something one way, doesn't mean the other person is wrong. I don't think Matt made any of these decisions by himself, so I am that poster and I would still like an example of a summer tournament where he has screwed someone. That was the original post.

The problem is, two years ago they used the rule as I explained. Yet this year the rule was used differently. Should they be allowed to interpret the rules differently in different years at the benefit of Matt's team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just wait until the divisions are set for the Hawks tournaments and look at the caliber of teams in the division that he puts the Hawks teams in, then look at the caliber of the teams in the competing divisions. He does it year after year.

Your wrong and really reaching, my sons have played in his tournaments and have seen them play quality opponents in their brackets. I guess that is why teams don't come back and play in his tournaments year after year after year after year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is, two years ago they used the rule as I explained. Yet this year the rule was used differently. Should they be allowed to interpret the rules differently in different years at the benefit of Matt's team? [/quote]
Maybe two years ago, they interpreted the rule the wrong way. You have been told that several people were involved and they all agreed that it was done correctly. Let it go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just wait until the divisions are set for the Hawks tournaments and look at the caliber of teams in the division that he puts the Hawks teams in, then look at the caliber of the teams in the competing divisions. He does it year after year.

One of many examples why you are wrong:

Summer Exposure 2014. Hawks 2021 had to play the following teams in round robin play 1. Florida team (undefeated spring season), Koopers (Very good HOCO team), 3. Bethesda (NYPLL Champs).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the Hawks lost to BLC in the final game too, so how is that a set up. Game with Koopers was only a 1-2 point difference too as usual, these two always play competitively as well as BLC. Not even an example, poor taste just move on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well most teams play in 4 tournaments a year if your club is throwing one of the 4 I would hope you get the good bracket and the good times and the good fields. This should be implied. The home club still has to play the best team in each bracket to win the tournament. All brackets end at 1 team, last time I checked. Its called home field advantage it happens in all sports at all times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well most teams play in 4 tournaments a year if your club is throwing one of the 4 I would hope you get the good bracket and the good times and the good fields. This should be implied. The home club still has to play the best team in each bracket to win the tournament. All brackets end at 1 team, last time I checked. Its called home field advantage it happens in all sports at all times.

A good host gives their guest the best of everything - not themselves an advantage. Again, sports should be about setting an example for our kids -not just winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I am guessing you play for a club that does not host a summer tournament? And like the other guy said the Hogan Tournaments get 100s of teams playing in them. And they all seem to come back year after year. I guess the the biggest example would be if someone took the time to compare how many tournament titles the Hawks have in there own tournaments compared to the other three they played that same summer. And the scheduler of these tournaments has to take the word of each club that enters on how good they are and at what level they want or could play. We all know of teams that should be a AA team that plays in a summer tournament as a A team or B team. I am impressed with the overall Hawks program. Never seen a horrible Hawks team. Very impressive for a club that fields a AA and A team at each level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A good host gives their guest the best of everything - not themselves an advantage. Again, sports should be about setting an example for our kids -not just winning. [/quote]

So clubs that do host tournaments like Madlax & Crabs make it hardest on their own teams?? Is there an example where a Hawks team had a significantly easier road than another team of equal standing? You can't just state the Hawks path, you have to state the paths of other teams that are similar to show whether there was preference. I have actually seen the opposite in Hogan tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A good host gives their guest the best of everything - not themselves an advantage. Again, sports should be about setting an example for our kids -not just winning.

I agree with half of what you said, It should be about setting an example for our kids - not just whining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And every team in any tournament stats what level there team is. And then the teams are put in that Div. And everyone starts 0-0 so how can any team be given an advantage? If a team is not good enough to be a AA or A team and they put themselves in that bracket then its on the team that lied about there skill level not the teams that played them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do a search for the Young Gunz Crabs tournment and you will see a list of the top HoCo and NPYLL teams along with NY and Canadians team all playing against each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do a search for the Young Gunz Crabs tournment and you will see a list of the top HoCo and NPYLL teams along with NY and Canadians team all playing against each other.

What's your point? That's a limited spot/invitational. Totally different than an open tournament with 100+ teams. Are you supposed to have the better teams knock each other out the 1st day?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that Madlax 2019 A beat unbeaten VLC 5-0 was this a forfeit ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's your point? That's a limited spot/invitational. Totally different than an open tournament with 100+ teams. Are you supposed to have the better teams knock each other out the 1st day?

No point intended. It was meant as a response to another anonymous poster who asked if there was a tournament where HoCo and NPYLL teams played. I guess I dont know how to use this forum enough to have quoted his response initially. I understand its an ivite only tourney. What organization does the invites (guessing crabs)? What qualifies you for an invite (guessing very competative teams)? The top teams, regardless of the league they play in during spring, would be my first guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: Madlax - VLC 2019 A - thread on another forum list for 2019 NPYLL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was sort of a forfeit. The league has handed madlax the win and the top seed. They have also let VLC violate league rules with no penalty for their actions. They have had all week to make this game up, they both worked the system and should be ashamed of themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was sort of a forfeit. The league has handed madlax the win and the top seed. They have also let VLC violate league rules with no penalty for their actions. They have had all week to make this game up, they both worked the system and should be ashamed of themselves.

Where is the bracket/seeding?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is the bracket/seeding?

Not sure, will probably change the NPYLL website next fall.

Here are the seedings
Madlax 1
VLC 2
Hawks 3
Bethesda 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did they both work the system. Looks like Madlax got the worse end of this deal. It was VLC who did not confirm the time change and it was VLC who did not stay in VA to play Madlax at 130 that Sunday afternoon when they where well aware they would be there to play them at that time. By rule Madlax should only have to play the championship Sunday the 31st. But what I am reading here you guys are saying they are going to do a 4 team playoff. This has not been told to the Madlax players as of right now they plan to just play the championship Sunday the 31st. I agree the VLC players are getting screwed but if they end up getting screwed I am pretty clear that it was there coaches/clubs fault.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there are 4 teams the rules are being bent to satisfy per below the the forfeiting team is to be penalized by no playoffs:

Article IX – Forfeiture/Default of Contest
A member team may not forfeit a scheduled contest. Scheduled games must be played. Violation of this rule will make the team and its coaches ineligible for playoffs.
If a coach is ejected from a sanctioned game, he may appoint a representative as a replacement. If a representative is not available, the contest may be declared a default and result in a loss for the team. The referee has the power to suspend from a game, or send from the field, a player, coach, or fan found guilty of flagrant or repeated misconduct. Any coach that is dismissed from a game must report in writing to the league administrator about the incident prior to coaching in the next sanctioned game.
The league administrator can declare a default should it be deemed necessary due to the rule infractions by an offending team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with this 100%, I just was wondering how they want to bring Madlax into this as them doing anything wrong or they are bending the rules for Madlax. They would luck out if VLC gets kicked out, but they did nothing wrong this time. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would you rank the teams playing 2020 AA in the Madlax tournament (FCA, Hoco, Madlax, Club Blue and mdextreme) prior to the tournament? I understand it will be much clearer afterwords.

Will depend on whether FCA brings their real rostered 2020 AA team or includes the kids who are also rostered on their 2019 team. A good tourney would not allow them to be rostered on both. Clearly it did not matter to the Koopers league as they showed up with their 2019 goalie to the Championship game and speculation was that other players were also brought in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The FCA 2019 AA team is not playing in the Madlax Tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That VLC team actually has half 7th graders and half 6th graders, so if they are playing down then so is MadLax. Knowledge is your friend, helps you to stop sounding like an idiot...LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually that's incorrect - VLC is the top seed - check the NPYLL standings website. Why would MadLax get the top seed? They aren't even in 2nd place - Hawks are. They are also going to correct that game result - VLC is undefeated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]
If their 2020AA is playing, chances are we will be playing a portion of their 2019 team as they are known for bringing 4-5 kids who are rostered with 2019 down to play on the 2020-especially for tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The FCA 2019 AA team is not playing in the Madlax Tourney.

If their 2020AA is playing, chances are we will be playing a portion of their 2019 team as they are known for bringing 4-5 kids who are rostered with 2019 down to play on the 2020-especially for tourneys.

FCA 2020AA brought down some 2019 players to play in the MPLL on Saturdays

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are saying that the FCA 2019 AA team has several 2020 players on it? And those 2020 players occasionally play on the FCA 2020 AA team? Is that fair?!? Can a 7th grader playing on an 8th grade team occasionally play on a 7th grade team? Is the tournament organizer checking birth certificates? This seems outrageous!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The FCA 2019 AA team is not playing in the Madlax Tourney.

FCA 2020AA brought down some 2019 players to play in the MPLL on Saturdays

There is a whole thread dedicated to kids playing down. Moderators, start a thread dedicated to kids playing up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder how many, if any, are holdbacks who started on the 2019 team and when they held back became eligible to play 2020 but did not want to leave "their" original team. Which really means they are not playing "up" but merely qualify on paper to play "down". Would hope that is not the case for a Christian based team to be adding guest players when the going gets tough. At some point they will need to pick one roster and surprised that HOCO and MPLL would allow dual rostering but not much can do about it. Wonder how the 2020 regulars feel about needing the 2019 guest players for certain games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are saying that the FCA 2019 AA team has several 2020 players on it? And those 2020 players occasionally play on the FCA 2020 AA team? Is that fair?!? Can a 7th grader playing on an 8th grade team occasionally play on a 7th grade team? Is the tournament organizer checking birth certificates? This seems outrageous!

They should just pick one roster ...must send a message to the regular 2020 team that they are not good enough to win on their own and need some help for the important games. Is that how they beat Looneys this week -was it the real 2020 roster or the 2020 turbo charge with guest players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was without their 2019 players. Give credit to Fca. They beat them twice. Tbh when they do bring down the players playing up it throws off everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So you are saying that the FCA 2019 AA team has several 2020 players on it? And those 2020 players occasionally play on the FCA 2020 AA team? Is that fair?!? Can a 7th grader playing on an 8th grade team occasionally play on a 7th grade team? Is the tournament organizer checking birth certificates? This seems outrageous!

They should just pick one roster ...must send a message to the regular 2020 team that they are not good enough to win on their own and need some help for the important games. Is that how they beat Looneys this week -was it the real 2020 roster or the 2020 turbo charge with guest players?

The real question is WWJD? Answer, he would play the holdbacks and go for the dollar store medal......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear FCA is inundated with inquiries regarding spots on the 2019 and 2020 teams.

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard